Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazzoh

Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 am

I believe what Haku is implying here is that most Naruto plots are absolutely redundant. Having the villages prepare for war is essentially the same rehashed storylining that always happens. The villages should ALREADY be prepared for war, it naturally comes with the territory in what we assume to be a feudal society. And once said war settles, where does the plot go from there? Typically toward another war. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The problem with most shounen guilds is their focus on a need for constant combat with little to no reason other than just to do so. Injecting a plot into most fights is like ******** for virginity. It sounds good but the actual procedure leaves much to be desired. Sure you can re-skin it. A different bad guy here and there, a different reason or two, if you're feeling really brave you can try the village collaboration approach. But at the end of the day... it'll just be another fight. Not to say that fighting is a bad thing in a guild centered around such. If that's what you want then that's exactly what you'll get. But a guild should at least own up to it (not saying this one doesn't). There's simply too much of a restriction to consider a free plot apart from your run of the mill romance and avenging story.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:23 am

Then I dunno what else to say. XP

If this is just battle oriented, then why don't we make people fight more then?

Haruhi000777

Kazzoh

Codger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:28 pm

That, my dear Hareruhi (your lack of rabbit ears disturbs me), is a good question. To be honest, the smartest decision to keep activity would be a constant war - not one with lots of breaks in between but longstanding. The problem with that is, that would require moderators to do something other than profiles and approvals. A great feat in almost any guild.

The war itself should be general and vague so everyone has a reason to participate, but not so overtly tacky that it seems silly. From there it's a matter of moderator commitment to an ever changing war (I.e. a reason to keep it continuing) and member participation.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm

It's also a matter of people remembering their characters have a life outside of fighting and training. Most people are unwilling to deal with the little things in life that really define their characters, because everyone wants to be the best and the strongest "Naruto" they can be. This is the problem. Expectations are set high because they see all-powerful characters like Naruto, or in the case of Bleach, Ichigo, and want their characters to be exactly like them. They ignore that there are other things to do than train and go on missions. This particular guild is geared toward that because it's the only way to gain experience and rise in rank.

My character? He'll run before he fights because he's not ready to risk his life. Most people here? They'll run face-first into the wall, per say. I don't mean to bash on anyone or butt in, but this is what I've experienced in every guild I've been in.

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Haruhi000777

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Kazz: Until they start making rabbit ears in all the colors, I can't really coordinate rabbit ears with my outfits.

And there's no way that's gonna happen, there's not a lot of people with that sort of time I guess. XP
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:32 pm

@Tao: I had the feeling that most of the guild operated the complete opposite from your sentiments. Even now, I can count upwards of both hands the number of people that I feel rp the little things. And sure, doing missions is the way to progress (like any military), but making sure to sit down for a meal/conversation or to hit the hay is encouraged! Having a character that wants to avoid conflicts is just as important (and perhaps more interesting) than one that acts the same way in each encounter. In my experience, making encounters look, act, & finish differently--from a storyteller's viewpoint--forces the face-first-into-the-wall rpcs to think outside the box, especially when actions have far-reaching consequences.  

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:28 am

Can a Genin learn Rank B Bloodline Jutsu?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:32 am

Tao-Benshin

I know how you mean a lot of people join a guild for the fighting or war when all a lot of people want to do is just role-play with their friends and have a good time. I think that Kages should set up mini arcs or little important missions that the Kage or appointed person could RP as an NPC... just a thought on a whim but it is depressing when all people do is put hard work into their RPC's by training and taking the time to learn the techniques when all they do is kill their RPC's in the long run.

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

Haruhi000777

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 am

Well the problem is no one seems to want to play the bad guy or anything.

Sure, Az played Kein but of course everyone is afraid to confront him. XD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Holy mother of God. I just realized that you can browse the rest of Gaia in the screen below the post field while the top half of the screen remains in the post field.

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Haruhi000777

-Long, hard stare.-
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Synister Bombardment
Can a Genin learn Rank B Bloodline Jutsu?

Yes.

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Haruhi000777

One of Kirigakure's old mini-arc villians was set-up to kill Kein, but Kein bailed on his team before getting to him. His antithesis, as it were. I have no problem these days playing as the villian... it just took a long time for me to understand how to do so efficiently without pissing a lot of people off. In the end, Flou (from Kiri), managed to take down the potential Kein-killer, so I have a lot of confidence in his abilities. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Victorian Clockwork
Haruhi000777

-Long, hard stare.-

»»(φ)«« Ⱦђѯ ζσґȡ Ѻӻ DɒɱᾖᾆȶΊσᾖ »»(φ)««

Then get your a** in gear D:<

Once my guild is done you'll be able to plot to your heart's content as a little boy making his way in the world~

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 5653 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games