Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SomeWittyNameGotScrewed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 am

Greetings everyone, this is the mule of Some Witty Name. The reason I am on this mule is because, due to a Gaia glitch with me applying, my application was denied and I could not re-apply for two weeks. I didn't want to wait, as I'm an impatient person, so I've made a mule to get a start on RPing with everyone. With that being said, I've just finished with my character, and I look forward to posting it up whenever my application for a bloodline gets looked over~. I look forward to RPing with everyone here c:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:38 am

I just love it when people take the time to make a profile, request a bloodline, post their profile in the village and then post one post in the Kage's office... to never post again or stay active. When I was inactive I had a reason, I went to college, found a girl, had a baby, blah blah blah, but when I do make my commitment to a character I do my best to be online and train when I can. I love this guild and I saw it in it's prime, let's not lose that PRIME!
- Syn  

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

SomeWittyNameGotScrewed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:08 am

Synister Bombardment

Sometimes people just forget about a guild. It happens, sadly, but hey, what can you do besides remove them and move on? :l
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Synister Bombardment
I just love it when people take the time to make a profile, request a bloodline, post their profile in the village and then post one post in the Kage's office... to never post again or stay active. When I was inactive I had a reason, I went to college, found a girl, had a baby, blah blah blah, but when I do make my commitment to a character I do my best to be online and train when I can. I love this guild and I saw it in it's prime, let's not lose that PRIME!
- Syn

It never had a prime. It was merely at a high point. Guilds based upon Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and other shounen/shounen-esque source material regularly go through periods of high activity and periods of low activity. This is because, in short, the majority of shounen anything is centered around the aspect of fighting and battles and wars and action. When the thrill of kicking someone's teeth in has lost its marketability or a particular guild has an overflow of people who want more story than fighting, then the guild slumps into a near comatose state.

This guild lacks a proper motivator to fuel people into action. And when it has someone to do just that, it is almost always in the form of inciting war between various groups of people. And war is just a fancy label for more fighting.

When there is no more proper fighting - no more proper "war" - there are just p***y missions that no one really cares about unless they can advance their characters, and the only way to advance characters in a guild like this is to improve their fighting ability. This, in turn, leads to the realization that building a character is ultimately pointless because all of the character builds are geared towards fighting; which no one wants to do/have no real way to put their characters through their paces (besides sparring matches, training, and idiotic missions). It's all a repetitiously inane cycle of boring and predictable nonsense.

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Victorian Clockwork
Synister Bombardment
- Syn

It never had a prime. It was merely at a high point. Guilds based upon Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and other shounen/shounen-esque source material regularly go through periods of high activity and periods of low activity. This is because, in short, the majority of shounen anything is centered around the aspect of fighting and battles and wars and action. When the thrill of kicking someone's teeth in has lost its marketability or a particular guild has an overflow of people who want more story than fighting, then the guild slumps into a near comatose state.

This guild lacks a proper motivator to fuel people into action. And when it has someone to do just that, it is almost always in the form of inciting war between various groups of people. And war is just a fancy label for more fighting.

When there is no more proper fighting - no more proper "war" - there are just p***y missions that no one really cares about unless they can advance their characters, and the only way to advance characters in a guild like this is to improve their fighting ability. This, in turn, leads to the realization that building a character is ultimately pointless because all of the character builds are geared towards fighting; which no one wants to do/have no real way to put their characters through their paces (besides sparring matches, training, and idiotic missions). It's all a repetitiously inane cycle of boring and predictable nonsense.

»»(φ)«« Ⱦђѯ ζσґȡ Ѻӻ DɒɱᾖᾆȶΊσᾖ »»(φ)««

You got Tao to agree with you. Trust me, that's an accomplishment.

I agree, too. I am in the middle of trying to make a Naruto guild that will require more roleplay than fighting. For instance, there will be more Experience given for role playing instead of fighting. In fact, I am looking to have major politics involved, such as Lords who control the land and Kage's for the villages who may well have different agendas.

And of course since the guild's premise is that everyone starts at the same rank, no autoranks period, not even with NPC's, so people will be forced to roleplay their characters actually doing other things than fighting. :3

That's my goal, and I'm hoping, Haku, when the guild is ready you'll join as a mod to help me do this. I know you are pretty decent at causing in depth plots.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Lanfaer
Victorian Clockwork
Synister Bombardment
- Syn

»»(φ)«« Ⱦђѯ ζσґȡ Ѻӻ DɒɱᾖᾆȶΊσᾖ »»(φ)««

You got Tao to agree with you. Trust me, that's an accomplishment.

I agree, too. I am in the middle of trying to make a Naruto guild that will require more roleplay than fighting. For instance, there will be more Experience given for role playing instead of fighting. In fact, I am looking to have major politics involved, such as Lords who control the land and Kage's for the villages who may well have different agendas.

And of course since the guild's premise is that everyone starts at the same rank, no autoranks period, not even with NPC's, so people will be forced to roleplay their characters actually doing other things than fighting. :3

That's my goal, and I'm hoping, Haku, when the guild is ready you'll join as a mod to help me do this. I know you are pretty decent at causing in depth plots.

I might take a crack at it.

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:09 am

All right, people.....as Dana/Nana said, I'm out of my internet for about a week. I'll be abusing the internet at my work when I'm able (like now) but don't expect any real posting....I'll probably just be using Syy. Haki and Muru will, effectively, be on hiatus until my internet is fully back.
Which I have no clue when that will be....but a week at the most.
Sorry.
Bye bye
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Is Tame Za Kyokudo considered a Complex Taijutsu or a Simple Taijutsu?

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

Synister Bombardment

Dapper Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 am

So I've had the flu for about three to four days now and that is why I haven't been posting but when I get better I'll make sure to post!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:55 pm

No one noticed.

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Kazzoh

Codger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Victorian Clockwork
Synister Bombardment
- Syn

/claps/

Well ******** said.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Victorian Clockwork
Synister Bombardment
- Syn

Well... ********.... Said. That's the basis of it and the underlying truth :/ actually... It's just a truth, it ain't hidden at all

Azzurro Skyde

Noble Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Haruhi000777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:24 pm

What if we inject plot with the fighting like I thought people were planning on doing?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm

The only problem being: what ******** plot?

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Haruhi000777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:28 pm

No, the only problem is you can't think one up. XD

I mean seriously. At this point the villages should be at war and they should be trying to utilize the demons they get in the future.
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5647 5648 5649 5650 5651 5652 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games