Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A--Minty_Fresh--Mint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:40 pm
Hello! I'm A--minty_fresh--mint but you can just call me Alex.
I've been drawing since...forever (I am currently 15).
I really want to improve my artwork, because it could use a lot of help. I'm also still trying to find my 'style'.
Nice to meet all of you.

My DeviantArt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:18 am
hmm.. what to say about myself...

my name is ally.
im 17
i live in new york =P
i've been drawing for about 5 years now.
and i've only recently been trying to further my abilities in art.
taking classes in school and what not. im even trying to get all my grades up so i can go to college for art therapy. =D

i was recommended here by cutefairy012
shes awesome. and i am in need of critique and help bettering my art.
i'm always better at finding something to tell some one else about THEIR art rather than mine. sweatdrop
i have three shops right now.
a freebie, a joint and one on my own.

tell me what you think of my art and dont try and be nice ^^ i can take critisism
CCS folder
[url+http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n24/allyopp23/wigglin panda/]WP folder
i have a few others of mine in the main album.
but mix with art i've recieved.

tell me what you think!!  

selfishXxfakexx

Rose Koneko

Sparkly Phantom

9,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 pm
Hello, my name is Gwen. You can call me by my real name, or Rose... or Shadow. I'm on a few other sites as Shadows Call, though I've mostly been just a writer at y!gallery until I gained my tablet last year.

I'm twenty-seven, and I have a nine year old son. Ten years ago, I was accepted into art school (U___U; I was a bit better at drawing, then) but I found out that I was pregnant, and those plans fell through. I stopped drawing from that point on, until about two or so years ago, but it was only this past year that I've stepped it up and tried to work on basics to improve. (It's very frustrating to not improve quickly, but I'm sticking with it this time.)

I can take constructive criticism of any type without being overly sensitive. I respect everyone's opinion, and I am very well aware that I have a LOT of things to improve. I usually like browsing sites and leaving polite critiques, but I'm a bit nervous to do so here. @___@  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:02 am
T i r a e l

@Ikari-no-baka: oh wow Dentistry :'D... I didn't know they had that as an undergrad major. Welcome ot the guild!

No, not it really Pre-Dentistry, I just got lazy an didn't type it all out. o+o  

Ikari-no-baka

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:08 pm
It's great to see all the new faces. We welcome you all.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:00 pm
Heys there,I'm bloodshed,but Eon will do.
I have been drawing ever since i was a kid,but gotten more serious into drawing 3-4 years back.
I wish to improve my art and perhaps go for a art cource in the future and then sell art!
Something like that biggrin
And i too am finding my very own art style.

My old deviantart was http://duntouchme.deviantart.com/ ,
but i am going to post newer works and older better quality scanned works on http://H-Eon.deviantart.com/ when i have the time.  

- B L 0 0 D S H 3 D -

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:22 pm

welcome to the guild everyone biggrin ~~

@rose: it's great that you're taking up drawing again :3~~ and don't be shy to post either pictures or critiques here! we don't bite!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 pm
Hello darlings. My name is Ashley but most everyone calls me Ash.

I've been drawing since I was a child but didn't really focus on it until junior year in highschool. Unfortunately, I might as well not have been drawing because it was horrid. I went to a small school and art was not something taught in any form. I was the only one in the junior and senior class that drew even stick figures. I was one of 5 when it came to grades 7-12. I told you it was a small school. After graduation I drew for my own enjoyment - as I do now though my life goal is to become accomplished enough that I could do it as a living. I'll check back in when I'm 80.

I didn't go to college, instead, I worked at a daycare and eventually became a private nanny for triplets and a four year old. Fun fun fun. I work long hours and not much time can be spent drawing.

However, when I do draw, I'm not sensitive when it comes to comments. Tear the peice apart and be as rude as possible and you'll probably get a "thanks! that really helped!" I'm not easily upset. wink

That being said.... I also give out polite critique when I see a need or when it's asked. But, unless asked, I will not give critique.

And finally.... Shameless plug: My DeviantArt

and, i'm not as up tight as I may seem. The more I chat the more I open up and - I work with kids - so I'm likely to be a little off my rocker.  

Rags of Ash

Fleuridy

8,225 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:02 pm
Holaaa. I'm Rae Chae, or Rae, since that's easier. :] (Though how hard could Rae Chae be?) I'm a casual drawer, or doodler I should say, but I would still like to improve. Since I'm a heavy procrastinator, I almost never find the time to actually work on art, so I WANT TO CHANGE. Yar. C:

I don't really have anything in my DA at the moment, since I never really have "complete" art, haha. But in any case, it'll be nice to chat with you guys and hopefully improve. (:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:52 pm
Well.........I'm Ayame but you can call me Aya, if u want. Right now, I'm in highschool (13 right now)......I started drawing when I was 11 but stopped when I was 12 but continued again when I turned 13. As you can see, I'm still a beginner sweatdrop .........I guess that's it. Oh, and one more thing, I'm a shy person so I don't talk much.

~Aya  

Misakichii Ayame

La Pinkachu

Romantic Lover

9,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:02 am
Hello My name is Pikachu.

I am 15 cute as a button, and I have been seriously drawing for 2 years. I am an 07 Gaia player and a big time anime nerd. Here is my DA. I need criticism big time.

x  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:15 am
Ahoy thar, and all that rot.

I'm Morro, evidentially. biggrin Evidentially.

I am 16 (a recent development) going onto 17 (a future development) and growing older by the second. Woe is me. I've been drawing (and by drawing I mean with intent to improve, other wise it's 'ever since I learnt not to eat crayons') since the end of seventh grade 'til now, so that's what... Roughly 3 years going onto my fourth? I have really no professional schooling or training in arts or anything remotely similar except for a watercolour introductory course they did for a children's summer program a while back and my high school fine arts courses. So I am, for the most part, self taught.

I am style-less! Or for the time being, too indecisive. I have yet to settle with one set 'style' or become overly comfortable with anything, so my pieces tend to... Vary. I do use a variety of mediums (a bit of really everything) which adds to it. :'D Yay for me.

As a random side note, I'm a massive slash/BL/yaoi/shounen-ai/whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it fan. Appreciator. I don't know, pretend one is a woman or something if I ever draw more than one person in a scene. :U If anyone's disturbed by that er... There's not much I can do aside from linking it. :'D;;

Obligatory dA pimping: [--LINK--]

Ta-da. And that be it.

Morrosseth

TexasHunny

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:57 am
You can call me Tex. I'm 21, I'm a sophomore in college. I'm an art education major; don't expect too much from the title though I just started! I began drawing anime at 12 , a number of other things before that. I prefer anime and I usually lean towards a chibi style, which comes easiest for me. However, I also draw a very realistic feminine style as well. Oh and I've been playing gaia since the start, this is probably the 5 avatar I've made.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:19 pm
hello i just joined this guild and my name is gothic_beauty_695 but u can call me vivian. i love to draw and im working on geting better. smile  

gothic_beauty_695

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games