Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Recursive Paradox
My dad read the letter. Apparently this whole transsexuality thing is more troubling to him then my brother dropping out of two schools and becoming an alcoholic.

Speaking of, I really need a ******** drink.
It's a big adjustment. We take for granted that gender is a mutable characteristic. Perhaps take his initial reaction with a grain of salt?

I'm sorry. I'm not being useful. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm

Recursive Paradox
My dad read the letter. Apparently this whole transsexuality thing is more troubling to him then my brother dropping out of two schools and becoming an alcoholic.
Give it time. He's probably more surprised than anything else. Initial reaction may change as the shock passes.
Quote:

If you do, can I come with?

Gho the Girl

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:06 pm

TeaDidikai
maenad nuri

Although mute, generic is fine. There's not really a difference ever between generic and name brand.
True that. They're held to the same purity and quality standards the name brands are- they're just cheaper because they don't have to make up research costs.

Are you sure they don't change the composition at all? The first day I switched to generic, I slept for about 18 hours. Then about 15 for the next two days. Most nights, I'd sleep 12+ hours if I could. Now, I've always been fond of sleep, but this is quite a shift. I'm not that stressed, and I don't feel particularly sick. Barring something unforeseen, I'm blaming the med change.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:46 am

Recursive Paradox

*hugs*

Calixti

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Recursive Paradox

~huggles~

Well, I am alive and well, so that is good.
I'm also healing quick. But that's nothing new.
I had Mormons at my door today.
I felt hatred towards them.
Unmitigated, pure hatred, and just by dent of the fact that I knew their religious affiliation.
This has never happened to me before.
I'm sorta shocked.
When I've hated, I've always hated for something the person did individually, this feeling of blanket hatred, the desire to end someone purely on merit of a group they belong to has never happened to me before. I'm not sure how I feel about this. This mortifies me.
I've even spoken up for people associated with far more vile organizations. I always discourage group guilt concepts. Yet here I am, internally feeling the will to kill against someone, based solely on their group.
I must ponder this.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Happy: I got a new job!! *fangirl shriek* I'm finally getting out of the food industry! mrgreen

Crappy: Almost everything else. I'm not getting s**t done on time, and I can't stand my friends or my family or even my girlfriend!! scream I've spent way to much ******** time with all of them and want them all to go away and leave me the ******** alone!!!!!!!!!

Indifferent: I'm indifferent about Greg because he is stuck there unless he goes to sleep.

SirynECrow

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 pm

mute_coyote
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri

Although mute, generic is fine. There's not really a difference ever between generic and name brand.
True that. They're held to the same purity and quality standards the name brands are- they're just cheaper because they don't have to make up research costs.

Are you sure they don't change the composition at all? The first day I switched to generic, I slept for about 18 hours. Then about 15 for the next two days. Most nights, I'd sleep 12+ hours if I could. Now, I've always been fond of sleep, but this is quite a shift. I'm not that stressed, and I don't feel particularly sick. Barring something unforeseen, I'm blaming the med change.
They're not supposed to change anything. If they do- they're not allowed to call it the generic brand of X.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 pm

happy- it rained today and the clouds were ******** gorgeous.

crappy- i have people on here attacking me because of my perception of godhood and the way that i relate with my gods (don't you just love it when a complete and total stranger tells you to ******** off, those are my gods, you can't play with them? ******** two year olds..... though i can understand part of the reason that they are yelling.... and i'm sure that they are nice people..... come on, where are those happy thoughts..... evil )

burning desire- move to maine and curl up with my beloved so i don't have to deal with all the s**t my sister is trying to foist off on me..... ain't it grand to have older siblings.....

erinnightwalker

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:24 pm

erinnightwalker

crappy- i have people on here attacking me because of my perception of godhood and the way that i relate with my gods (don't you just love it when a complete and total stranger tells you to ******** off, those are my gods, you can't play with them? ******** two year olds..... though i can understand part of the reason that they are yelling.... and i'm sure that they are nice people..... come on, where are those happy thoughts..... evil )

If I am correct in what you're referring to, Cu really does have every right to tell you to stop claiming those gods as yours. They aren't. They never were, and unless you are adopted into the culture in the future, they never will be.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Violet Song jat Shariff
erinnightwalker

If I am correct in what you're referring to, Cu really does have every right to tell you to stop claiming those gods as yours. They aren't. They never were, and unless you are adopted into the culture in the future, they never will be.

let me rephrase that. he seems to think that his vociferous negations of my devotion to and relationship with the gods that showed an interest in me will actually affect my relationship with them. for one, nobody really likes it when somebody decides to tell them that the gods you love can't possibly want you. for another, he seems to think i just saw the names on the internet and appropriated them, not read as many of the translations of the myths as i could. i would have read the originals, but ancient gaelic wasn't offered as a foreign language here.

erinnightwalker

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 pm

I have a question: If everything I'm doing is fluff, should I toss it all out?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Gho the Girl

is it fluff to you, or is someone telling you it is?

erinnightwalker

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:41 pm

erinnightwalker
Violet Song jat Shariff
erinnightwalker

let me rephrase that. he seems to think that his vociferous negations of my devotion to and relationship with the gods that showed an interest in me will actually affect my relationship with them. for one, nobody really likes it when somebody decides to tell them that the gods you love can't possibly want you. for another, he seems to think i just saw the names on the internet and appropriated them, not read as many of the translations of the myths as i could. i would have read the originals, but ancient gaelic wasn't offered as a foreign language here.

How do you know for sure that the gods you are honoring are who they say they are? Have you tested them?

True, nobody really likes it, but if it's the truth, it doesn't much matter of you like hearing it or not. I didn't much like hearing I wasn't actually Wiccan when I started to actually learn, but I got over it and moved on to a path that fits me better.

I think I'll ask you again here since it wasn't really answered in the open forum; why would the gods of the Celts break their oaths just to accept worship from you? I would be very interested to hear an answer on this.

And, I'm still kind of puzzled that you read the myths and such, but never came across the part where the gods specifically swear themselves to a specific people.

The more correct term is "Gaelige." 3nodding .
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm

erinnightwalker
Gho the Girl

Objectively, yes, it is fluff, going along with the definition of fluff as being something that I believe for the sake of me, not that it is this thing that objectively outside of myself exists, but that it is helpful for me.

Gho the Girl

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:06 pm

Gho the Girl
erinnightwalker
Gho the Girl

Objectively, yes, it is fluff, going along with the definition of fluff as being something that I believe for the sake of me, not that it is this thing that objectively outside of myself exists, but that it is helpful for me.

well i would say that if its helpful, its not fluff, but that also depends on what the object of fluffiness is
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games