Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:32 pm
Namikikyo
Bastemhet
How do you deal with the rage that starts to eat you up when the stupid upon stupid avalanches any attempt you are making at intellectual honesty?

Anyways, maybe I'm just thinking too hard on this subject, but I find that looking through the other's person's eyes very helpful when correcting them.

True. I should keep this in mind, even if they're ******** offensive in their stupidity.

I sometimes have a short temper. I need to take a break.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 pm
To Bastemhet: If anyone knows anything about anger issues, especially involving stupid people. First, because I myself have my share of stubborn stupidity and have issues being told I'm wrong. It runs in the family actually, but little by little I'm working on trying to accept criticism from others. I'm a lot better about it than I used to be. I think everyone can get that way, just some more than others. Second, because I have anger issues. Also, I deal with frustrating people on a daily basis and it doesn't help my temper or mood swings at all. Another thing I'm working on controlling. I just try to block out the negative in my life and focus on the positive. A lot easier said than done.  

ShadowCatSoul

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:16 am
ShadowCatSoul
I just try to block out the negative in my life and focus on the positive.
You realize that by not exploring it, you're just compounding it, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:55 am
Evolutionay Gothik Theory
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
Voodoo dolls jump to my mind.

poppets, too, maybe?
What are poppets?

from what i understand, they are dolls that are hand-made, usually sewn, and are used to represent a person (sometimes oneself, sometimes another) during spellcraft. similar to a voodoo doll, but not, i guess.

edit: it may just be another word for a voodoo doll for those who do not practice voodoo or hoodoo. i'm not too sure.
Interesting, But seems very similar to voodoo.
Poppets have long been tied to various forms of European witchcraft.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 am
Eniaco

-One main goddess who created the universe. I consider her a goddess cause females are the ones that give birth, though I think its more probable that its genderless or has a male and female half much like it would have dark and light aspects. Its a balanced entity.
What do you understand balance to be?
Why is balance important?
Is it balance or polarity?

Also, Sea Horses.
Quote:

Think more like entities on the level of the Christian angel.
So other deities are factions of your gods will?

Quote:
If you can give me any ideas of what I might fit into, or books I should look at that might help me develop my beliefs more let me know..So far all I can find for spells and herbalism seems to be wiccan based and I don't know if there is something better out there or if most of the stuff those books have to offer are about the same across the pagan board so to say.
They aren't of the Wica, though what you describe would fit just fine within Standing Stone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 am
ShadowCatSoul
So, I took your advice and this was the response I got. Thoughts?

Hi Andrea,

The folks are also listed on Witchvox.

The Alexandrian grove is called Amethyst & Gold - HP Janus
http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_gr.html?a=ustn&id=33008

and the Gardnerian is Amalthea's Circle HPS Angela
http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_gr.html?a=ustn&id=26401

We don't normally provide full lineage, instead we give a vouch which allows you to contact our upline to confirm we are who we say we are. We do this if you're going to study with us. So in normal circumstances I wouldn't give this to you unless we were going to be doing that. I tell you that so if you contact Angela and she doesn't offer this until you get to know each other a bit better you don't think there's something wrong. smile

My Gardnerian Queen and Magus are Lady Jade and Voran. Lady Jade may be contacted at jade.d74@gmail.com while Voran may be contacted at voran@iglou.com. My Alexandrian Queen and Magus are Lady Auriana and Storm. Lady Auriana may be reached at auriana13@mac.com while Storm may be reached at stormcasey25@yahoo.com. I am also well known as a 3* HPS of both the Alexandrian and Gardnerian traditions on the Amber and Jet yahoo group so that's also a good way to get to know a bit about me.

Janus is my own Alexandrian initiate who hived from me and is running his own coven. He's a great guy. So I offer a full vouch for him. I know Angela very well, have circled with her on many occasions, know her to be an excellent initiation and she's an awesome lady.

I do hate that we can't meet and have struggled with this because I had a good feeling about you. If you'd still like to and aren't in a hurry (meaning you don't want to start next week) then we can. But I want you to know your options and consider them all. I wouldn't be starting an Outer Court until the Spring, probably around Beltane at the earliest. Both Angela and Janus are cool folks but I don't know their current status either as far as having open spots or plans for students. So I thought the best thing to do is let you know you have options so you can decide if you'd like to meet with us all, decide who you click with best and then figure out how you'd like to proceed. I'd be happy to answer any questions I may about the differences in the Alexandrian and Gardnerian traditions as well.

Morgaine

Reasonable. The next step would likely be to check out Amber and Jet  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 am
Synnthetika

What kind of tests? Some ideas that I have are questions like "How much sleep have you had," "have I imbibed this evening?," "does anyone else 'feel' anything," (when applicable). Is there anyway this can improve?
Checking for resonance is good, but again, what kinds of tests depend by in large as to the kind of experience.

Are you familiar with Lucid Dreaming?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:03 am
Namikikyo
Here's a stupid question;

Who are "The Guardians of the Watch Towers"?

What makes them so important? Where are these towers and what are the guarding in there?
Depends on the tradition. Which one are you working with?  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 am
Bastemhet
How do you deal with the rage that starts to eat you up when the stupid upon stupid avalanches any attempt you are making at intellectual honesty?
It usually involves repeating myself until they understand, or a good flyting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:50 am
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
I just try to block out the negative in my life and focus on the positive.
You realize that by not exploring it, you're just compounding it, right?

Not exploring it, for me, is sometimes best depending on the situation. I have extremely bad rage and mood issues. I find that violent activities such as fighting, moshing, or even rough sex is a good enough release for my anger.  

ShadowCatSoul

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 am
ShadowCatSoul

Not exploring it, for me, is sometimes best depending on the situation. I have extremely bad rage and mood issues. I find that violent activities such as fighting, moshing, or even rough sex is a good enough release for my anger.
Treating the symptom is not curing the dis-ease.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 am
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
I do so enjoy a good flyting.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 am
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul

Treating the symptom is not curing the dis-ease.

I've been dealing with the "disease" as you call it for as long as I can remember. I have no idea how to fix it, only how to control it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:17 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
3nodding
Especially when it is well deserved.
Deo man... can that girl give a flyting or what?  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:21 am
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
3nodding
Especially when it is well deserved.
Deo man... can that girl give a flyting or what?
I think I remember seeing a few wicked turns of the tongue from her.

I have to admit that I especially appreciate flyting between friends. It's generally led to better understanding of each other, and closer friends in my experience. If our friendship can't survive some heated words, I tend to not be that close to that person anyways.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games