Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:23 am
Asmondai
Lt. Brookman
A day off is a day where you propose to do a lot but instead you end up doing nothing at all. In my case it was lying around watching movies with my itty bitty titty monster.

That sort of sounds familiar...... neutral

Lt. Brookman
Lancers eh?
I see you're gunning for most loved opponent of the year. wink

Am I? surprised
I bought another one to work more of a buffers for oppoments units.
I also got a unit of trenchgunner, long gunners and Constance Blaize
ordered. heart
I'm still starting out, waiting for my Cygnar starter to arrive, despite going Khador all the way. So far my Khador are made up of the starter set contents (Sorcha + Jugger + Destroyer + Man-O-War unit), a squad of Widowmakers and a dog. For Cygnar I'm hoping to at least get a full unit of Trenchers with command, grenade rifle and Grenadier 'Jack. For my Khador? A full unit of Winterguard plus unit attachments, Beast 09 and a rifle corps.

What's the FA of the Lancer btw? Reason I'm asking is because of that shield it packs, give three whacks and the cortex of the attacker is fried, boom! One 'Jack that won't be receiving any focus until it's fixed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:18 pm
My 5 crisis suits are all done painting, awaiting washing and then dry brushing afterwards.

Not sure when I'll do that but they are good the way they are for now. I'm pleased. Next step is to paint and assemble firewarrior element Gamma.(4th Squad)

Only 2 more squads of 12 for my platoon to be finished. It'll be composed of 6 elements. 1 Captain, 2 Lietenants, 3 Seargents and 54 infantrymen. 24 of those including 1 Seargent and 1 Lietenant are using carbines instead of rifles.

But then the big task of painting 3 devilfish and 1 hammerhead appears. So far I've done the custom mental painting on 1/2 of a fish, and the hammerhead. Just have to finish that up before I try to decide what to do camo wise for them. I'll have pictures up after I finish element Gamma.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:32 pm
Lt. Brookman
I'm still starting out, waiting for my Cygnar starter to arrive, despite going Khador all the way. So far my Khador are made up of the starter set contents (Sorcha + Jugger + Destroyer + Man-O-War unit), a squad of Widowmakers and a dog. For Cygnar I'm hoping to at least get a full unit of Trenchers with command, grenade rifle and Grenadier 'Jack. For my Khador? A full unit of Winterguard plus unit attachments, Beast 09 and a rifle corps.

What's the FA of the Lancer btw? Reason I'm asking is because of that shield it packs, give three whacks and the cortex of the attacker is fried, boom! One 'Jack that won't be receiving any focus until it's fixed.

Seems like a good start, being a 1st timer aswell. ^^"

Lancer FA is U which mean unlimited pretty much. <.<"
Yeah the shield is pretty sweet, but it requiers either enemies to hit
the Lancer (which they will) or you to hit with the shield (which you won´t).

Plus Cygnar are generally either Average or weak with Arm and Def ratings,
which can mean that they´ll get blown up easily if not careful,
specially againts Khador againts anyone. <.<"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 am
Asmondai
Lt. Brookman

Seems like a good start, being a 1st timer aswell. ^^"

Lancer FA is U which mean unlimited pretty much. <.<"
Yeah the shield is pretty sweet, but it requiers either enemies to hit
the Lancer (which they will) or you to hit with the shield (which you won´t).

Plus Cygnar are generally either Average or weak with Arm and Def ratings,
which can mean that they´ll get blown up easily if not careful,
specially againts Khador againts anyone. <.<"
Granted, other factions have the same problem with their light Jacks, Khador being the exception of course, however, they are slower and more ponderous for the most part, making them easy targets. Until they hit your lines like a runaway train spewing red smoke and trying to hit 88mph. Lancers can hold their own though, thanks to the shield and its +2 to ARM, giving it an ARM rating similar to heavy Jacks. I'm thinking the Lancer can survive long enough to cripple the cortex of an attacker.

*Checks Khador and Menoth 'Jack cards*

On second thought.. sweatdrop Though hang on, it does have an arc node, which could spell all kinds of nasty goodness when using Coleman. Hrm, chances are I'll swap him for either Haley (bad models though) or my personal favourite, Caine with his gun-kata feat. Or maybe Kara Sloan, I like my stuff shooty and ranged, I'm that kind of coward.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:57 am
Lt. Brookman
Granted, other factions have the same problem with their light Jacks, Khador being the exception of course, however, they are slower and more ponderous for the most part, making them easy targets. Until they hit your lines like a runaway train spewing red smoke and trying to hit 88mph. Lancers can hold their own though, thanks to the shield and its +2 to ARM, giving it an ARM rating similar to heavy Jacks. I'm thinking the Lancer can survive long enough to cripple the cortex of an attacker.

*Checks Khador and Menoth 'Jack cards*

On second thought.. sweatdrop Though hang on, it does have an arc node, which could spell all kinds of nasty goodness when using Coleman. Hrm, chances are I'll swap him for either Haley (bad models though) or my personal favourite, Caine with his gun-kata feat. Or maybe Kara Sloan, I like my stuff shooty and ranged, I'm that kind of coward.

Khador will always be an exception; they only have heavy ´jacks. ;p
I don´t expect them to survive long, but hope they´ll do their magic either
buffering something from assaulting my caster or bring sweet-sweet
vengeance on a stick or spells with arc-node. smile

I may also go for the sniper-chick later on,
long range is more of my forte, I did play with 3rth ed DA codex after all. ninja
I just 1st want to master the game alittle. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 am
Asmondai
Khador will always be an exception; they only have heavy ´jacks. ;p
I don´t expect them to survive long, but hope they´ll do their magic either
buffering something from assaulting my caster or bring sweet-sweet
vengeance on a stick or spells with arc-node. smile

I may also go for the sniper-chick later on,
long range is more of my forte, I did play with 3rth ed DA codex after all. ninja
I just 1st want to master the game alittle. sweatdrop
Well, they do have the Scrap Jack, which is not just their only light 'Jack, but also their only Arc Node. I don't like the witch that comes with it though, bleh.

Looks like the Cygnar 'Jacks are in for a hard time though, we ran a few quick games against those Khador monsters and well, two or three chops and the poor little blue 'Jacks are gone. Guess they'll need some more support in future games, maybe a unit of Stormblades to go toe to toe with both the Jacks and Man-O-War unit.

Khador Widowmakers have so far proven to be sick puppies though, too good for their own good so to say. Instead of rolling for damage we instead focus on parts already damaged. Ticking out one damage box isn't a lot, but it works when the 'Jack is already damaged. Tricksy wankers.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm
Lt. Brookman
Well, they do have the Scrap Jack, which is not just their only light 'Jack, but also their only Arc Node. I don't like the witch that comes with it though, bleh.

Looks like the Cygnar 'Jacks are in for a hard time though, we ran a few quick games against those Khador monsters and well, two or three chops and the poor little blue 'Jacks are gone. Guess they'll need some more support in future games, maybe a unit of Stormblades to go toe to toe with both the Jacks and Man-O-War unit.

Khador Widowmakers have so far proven to be sick puppies though, too good for their own good so to say. Instead of rolling for damage we instead focus on parts already damaged. Ticking out one damage box isn't a lot, but it works when the 'Jack is already damaged. Tricksy wankers.

I see. surprised
Cygnar only has the Lancer and a named warjack that has a Arc-Node.
Hehee, alittle worse caster or just the model? :p

It´s all about timing really.
And taking into the fact that you don´t defeat khadors in melee,
you outsmart them.
There´s barely any unit in Cygnar´s side that can actually punch thru that
thigh hide of theirs, so it´s much better to play smart and try to outsmart
the player to a stalemate where you could take down his warcaster.

I´m hoping that with the two units and Blaze I can atleast
put my oppoment into a uncomfort-zone where he might make a mistake
for me to go and snatch a kill. :3
I´ll maybe take a unit of Precursor Knitghs aswell,
blaze has special rules that only has effects to Morrowan allies so
it would be same for them to go waste. sad

o.o Heartless mistresses indeed. surprised
Long gunners only advantage is that they can shoot twice if they forfit movement. :/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:19 am
Ahhhhh, weekend, let's see how long this feeling will last.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 pm
Well just got back from playing with my army. Will pose and take pictures for everyone tonight. :]  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:46 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
Well just got back from playing with my army. Will pose and take pictures for everyone tonight. :]

Take pictures of your minis, too.
xp  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 am
Glad I got the Cygnars. :p
Now that is still left are those I ordered,
the dreadfleet minis and Fortress of Redemption
that still needs painting. biggrin

o.o Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff....... D:<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 pm
Asmondai
Glad I got the Cygnars. :p
Now that is still left are those I ordered,
the dreadfleet minis and Fortress of Redemption
that still needs painting. biggrin

o.o Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff....... D:<
I hear ya, got a crapton of stuff to paint. I was supposed to finish up on my Elysians but instead I painted up my third barbed wire marker and nine resin mine markers from Planetstrike for Warmachine. I suck at staying on target. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 pm
Caleidah
Sir Kyle Aziz

Take pictures of your minis, too.
xp
How about just the minis. wink

In all seriousness, yes please, show us your minis! pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 am
You know what's more horrible than losing your job? That your co-workers already know and you know diddly squat.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 pm
Lt. Brookman
You know what's more horrible than losing your job? That your co-workers already know and you know diddly squat.

eek

You can't be serious.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games