Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:21 pm
He? It's another trap!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm
My memory really takes a while to kick in. Normally doesn't go farther back than lunch, but every now and then it surprises me.

Exclusivity? Because of having rich friends?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but back in the middle of November I was planning a little piece of art that I was setting up to do as a give away. It almost never happened because I told someone during a conversation what I was up to and if they wanted the art for themselves I would cancel the contest and give it to them. I never gave that opportunity to anyone else. Just one person.

They never even bothered to respond.

You want to talk about me excluding people because of the price of my art when you had the chance to claim it for free presented to you on a ******** silver platter and you casually threw it away?

This joke isn't funny.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:10 pm
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you talking to me? What the ******** just happened here? What contest? What opportunity? What "silver ******** platter"? What does my post have to do with the two of you? You're right. This joke isn't funny. I'm already having a ******** up day, and now you're jumping down my throat for something that had nothing to do with you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 pm
Well, your comment was inopportune, then. Kai just started an auction and immediately the price shot up to 2 mil because of a rich friend jumping on it soon after it opened.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:47 pm
Inopportune? Seriously? So it's my fault that he misunderstood what I said and took it to mean I was talking about him? Contrary to popular belief, not everything is about Kai. It wasn't until I read his comment that I noticed his sig and found out he was in a ******** auction. Forgive me for posting such a ******** "inopportune" comment. While it had to do with an auction, it had nothing to do with Kai's, hence my status. Apparently I was far better off lurking, so if you'll excuse me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:03 pm
emotion_eyebrow
*sets out some "calm the ******** down" tea*

Wasn't saying it was your fault, just saying it was an unfortunate coincidence. The fact that it was vague made it open to interpretation, and the fact it was stated around the same time the bid was placed {with neither me or Kai having any knowledge whatsoever about this other auction you're angry about} had at least me jumping to the conclusion it was Kai's auction. Not sure if he came to that himself as well or if it was because of me.

In any case, it's just a misunderstanding and that's been cleared by now. Now calm the ******** down. yum_tea

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 am
This is more of a table flipping rage moment rather than a complaint...

Art theft is the topic today. I rarely browse through art contests as I really don't care about proving whose art is the best and I prefer to draw what I like rather than it be dictated by someone else's rules, but I ran out of material to look through and I needed to kill some time so I went in and lurked around a bit to see what people were doing.

One contest I happened across was themed for expressing grief and sadness and the contest was over so I looked at who placed and the person who got third very obviously copied a piece drawn by DestinyBlue from DA down to every line and the coloring scheme (poorly, but still..).

One of the rules being no stealing art, I pointed this out to the contest organizer and linked them to the original. They said something along the lines of
, oh well contest is over so whatever. An Olympic gold medal can be taken back so I'm sure that something as small as this contest could have given 3rd place to the runner up. I'll get back to that later.

A couple hours later I get a message from the copy cat trying to explain themselves and how they did no wrong. That they don't know what DA is and that they found the image on google and it was pretty so they decided to copy it and that they never said it was their original idea and they would have given credit if they knew who made it.

Google images link back to the original page the image is displayed on and Blue signs all her work. Their argument is invalid stressed

No, they never came out and said their's was the original image, but they never argued with the praise at how creative and original "their art" was, which in my logic is taking credit in a subtle way by not correcting the people who think the knock off is the original.

Onto the subject of copying images. It can be a great exercise to pick up the subtleties and nuances or how great artists work and I've done it a lot when I was coming up and learning to draw myself. Almost every art class I've been in has a segment to try and replicate a painting or some such thing so it's not an unconventional way to learn.

The problem is that even the best copy is still just a forgery. A lot of us being RPers and some of us artists ourselves, are rather attached to our OCs and images of them and being able to relate to the feeling that if I saw someone using my creation and trying to attain personal benefits and rewards from my hard work, I'd be a little hurt at first because my characters are more than just some text and lines on paper. Them and their growing story are a part of me in more than a metaphorical sense. Kai has grown to be one of my proudest creations and one of my first OCs. He's changed directions and grown and he has his faults, but hell, we've been together for nearly 10 years. I don't think I can imagine going through my day without him floating around in my head now. xd

Blue, not being there to protect her art herself, I will do it myself without hesitation. No one deserves to have their feelings or OCs trampled on for nothing more than a child's greed and need for attention. And one of the tragedies of the contest is that the knock off placed. So everyone who put themselves out there and took the time, effort and creativity to make an original piece of art lost to someone who copied a pretty picture they found on google. I know how frustrating that can be for the rough, developing artists who haven't found their style yet. I don't want anyone of them to think that they should have just copied someone's art as well so they would have a shot at winning.

I'm pretty good at emotionally distancing myself from things and being able to think things through rationally, but when it comes to art and people's hopes and dreams for it I can't just turn a blind eye when there is something that's just plain wrong on so many levels going on.

Oh s**t... I wrote a lot lulz
rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 am
*lights up some torches and grabs some pitch forks*
Art theft will not be tolerated scream

Actually, this kind of plays into something that's been on my mind lately. Not quite a complaint so much as a concern. I actually feel kind of bad that with the coloring job I'm doing, due to having inked it and made some changes to the drawing itself, the original artist's signature isn't going to be there on the final piece. Granted I have been sure to give credit and will do so for the final product as well, but it still somehow seems kind of wrong that I had removed it and I'm not really sure I'd be able to put it back.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 am
So apparently me being sick means the both of us starve as the spouse is too stubborn to get something premade and has come to discover that figuring out and actually making something to eat from scratch isn't so ******** easy after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:08 am
i hate men who like to slap women for no damn reason.  

cutereader86

Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:20 am
I slap everyone equally.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 am
Adding to my earlier rant, after I got up at 4 in the morning to make myself some cream of wheat and tea to settle my stomach since the cold medicine was eating away at my insides due to having not had dinner {as well as put together the spouse's breakfast for them so I don't have to get back up}, as soon as I return to bed, the spouse is on my a** for having woken them up, thus making it to where they only got five hours of sleep before work since they went to bed at 11 last night. Had I not woken them up, they still would have only gotten 6 hours which still wouldn't have been enough and it's not my ******** fault they went to bed so late since I went to bed at nine, but nevermind that.

How -dare- I try to take care of myself when it's so goddamn inconvenient for them. And how -dare- I be sick and not make them their ******** dinner and how -dare- I get angry at any of this.

Yeah... I'm not having a mental breakdown right now at all....

*goes to make some tea*

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

SP-O Wlm Dougherty

Dedicated Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:25 pm
emotion_eyebrow *Recalls a sample marriage vow ... *

"I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

*Then thinks ... No offense, but just wait until there's the RL factor of having kids added into that picture and one or more are sick.* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 pm
*rages about this "go-gaia" throwback thing bouncing him out to the homepage everytime he tries to refresh the page to check for new posts* classified_fu  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 am
Oh goddammit!! classified_fu

On the one hand, the whole thing of youtube telling you if a band you're watching a video for is playing in your area is kind of neat, but ******** classified_fu

*flips a table*

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces