Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Incest? o_0 Love it or hate it? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi incest:
  Love it
  Hate it.
  Poll whore, RAWR.
View Results

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm
Ellen Watermellen
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen
Theres a huge difference between liking incest and thinking its okay. I don't get grossed out by incest unless it has a generation gap (parent/child, uncle/nephew). That grosses me out on so many levels. But two brothers? Cousins? sure!

I think real life straight incest is really bad unless they are related through marriage or adoption. It's just not fair to the baby.

Edit: I don't have a real problem with generation gap incest unless a deformed baby is inolved. THAT is why incest is bad. So if they don't have a baby it will still irk me, but that doesn't mean I hate you or anything. In fact, if you like it, that's great for you.

It should be noted, that unless there is a long history of incest in your family (as was the case with many royal families in Europe), then the risk of genetic deformities in offspring is only slightly increased (by about 3% max). (That's with 1st cousins. That number is slightly higher for siblings, though I forget what it is.)

Oh.

Mhm. There's nothing inherently bad about relatives procreating. Being related simply means that you have a higher percentage of genes that are the same compared to a random person on the street.

Now, genetic birth defects are very rare recessive genes. Everyone has at least one or two, but there are just so many that they chance that both YOU and your partner have the same exact faulty gene and BOTH of you pass it on (The assumption is that you're a carrier. So H is the dominant normal allele and h is the faulty recessive, and both you and your partner pass on the 'h' copy, and not the 'H') are very small.

Now with relatives because you have an increased amount of similar DNA, the chance of both of you being carriers for the SAME faulty gene are slightly increased, so the chance of you both passing on the 'h' copy of the same gene resulting in a birth direct manifesting is slightly increased.

Now, when you have a long history of very closely related incest in one family, as we saw in many royal families, those faulty gene can begin to accumulate and THAT is a very serious health risk for a child.
But if there's no history of incest it's only a very small increased risk. And most cousin-unions involve genetic counseling so that couples can find out what their risk actually is.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:14 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen
Theres a huge difference between liking incest and thinking its okay. I don't get grossed out by incest unless it has a generation gap (parent/child, uncle/nephew). That grosses me out on so many levels. But two brothers? Cousins? sure!

I think real life straight incest is really bad unless they are related through marriage or adoption. It's just not fair to the baby.

Edit: I don't have a real problem with generation gap incest unless a deformed baby is inolved. THAT is why incest is bad. So if they don't have a baby it will still irk me, but that doesn't mean I hate you or anything. In fact, if you like it, that's great for you.

It should be noted, that unless there is a long history of incest in your family (as was the case with many royal families in Europe), then the risk of genetic deformities in offspring is only slightly increased (by about 3% max). (That's with 1st cousins. That number is slightly higher for siblings, though I forget what it is.)

Oh.

Mhm. There's nothing inherently bad about relatives procreating. Being related simply means that you have a higher percentage of genes that are the same compared to a random person on the street.

Now, genetic birth defects are very rare recessive genes. Everyone has at least one or two, but there are just so many that they chance that both YOU and your partner have the same exact faulty gene and BOTH of you pass it on (The assumption is that you're a carrier. So H is the dominant normal allele and h is the faulty recessive, and both you and your partner pass on the 'h' copy, and not the 'H') are very small.

Now with relatives because you have an increased amount of similar DNA, the chance of both of you being carriers for the SAME faulty gene are slightly increased, so the chance of you both passing on the 'h' copy of the same gene resulting in a birth direct manifesting is slightly increased.

Now, when you have a long history of very closely related incest in one family, as we saw in many royal families, those faulty gene can begin to accumulate and THAT is a very serious health risk for a child.
But if there's no history of incest it's only a very small increased risk. And most cousin-unions involve genetic counseling so that couples can find out what their risk actually is.

*blink blink* researched this have we? XD  

VampuricWerewolf

Dangerous Lunatic

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:48 pm
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen

Oh.

It's pretty basic genetics actually.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:50 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen

Oh.

whatever smarty pants  

VampuricWerewolf

Dangerous Lunatic

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 pm
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen

Oh.

whatever smarty pants

XDD Sorry. We went over genetics and inherited birth defects on my "Ecology, Evolution and Society" class last semester.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
Ellen Watermellen

Oh.

whatever smarty pants

XDD Sorry. We went over genetics and inherited birth defects on my "Ecology, Evolution and Society" class last semester.

lol, was teasing dear. i like knowing random facts like this. makes me look smart XD  

VampuricWerewolf

Dangerous Lunatic

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:11 pm
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf

whatever smarty pants

lol, was teasing dear. i like knowing random facts like this. makes me look smart XD

Knowledge is power. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf
[Ren The Ryoko]
VampuricWerewolf

whatever smarty pants

Knowledge is power. razz

agreed!  

VampuricWerewolf

Dangerous Lunatic

Ebony_Machelle

5,400 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:19 pm
Its depends like ill read yaoi incest manga and fanfic if siblings are both good looking like sasuke and itachi.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:22 am
I like incest in a yaoi or yuri.
I don't really know how to explain my input on it but I will try the best I can.
I am not a fan of incest irl. Though in fake, fictional story like in anime, manga, novels and the like it's not real so I am okay with it.
Jeez, I don't know how to explain it. Dx  

Sgt Darkwolf

AkitaWolvesbane

Versatile Aggressor

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:14 pm
It depends because I personally love the pairing of the twins from ouran high school host club.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:23 pm
Guess it depends for me too. Real life incest, no. But fiction can be really hot depending on the characters and the way it's done. Guess I'm really just a fan of forbidden love when you get right down to it.  

aTTypical

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

ciriu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm
Well I really like incest when its in mangas/anime (aha especially the ouran twincest 3nodding ) Irl I think its ok if they both love each other and as some people state it's freaking gross when its mother/son or father/daughter with the age gap gonk . Oh yeah I do feel bad for the baby (it can be avoided though right?) since I know a couple and they're siblings and their baby has defects/abnormalities crying I mean its ok if its two brothers. Well it always depends..No one has posted for a while D:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm
I'm 50/50 with it~

I like Uchihacest and Elricest for some reason but Okumuracest is weird for me xD

Preferences preferences~~

Its animeeeeeeeeeeee anything goes heart heart  

LazyButler

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 pm
Well, I have a brother, but still find incest intriguing... I especially like twincest in the world of fiction. However, I can't handle parent-child incest, somehow it just disturbs me. But, yah, BL sibling pairings, no problem~ It's not like they can have genetically screwed up babies. Okay, so maybe they can if it's an mpreg, but most authors would probably not go the realistic route or science would be advanced enough it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff