Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 am

Fiddlers Green
scorplett
Bankers all deserve to die the death of a thousand cuts!

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
scream scream scream scream scream scream

I've heard there is some bad stuff going on over there, what's up? sweatdrop

My bank are being VERY nasty to me...
When I got sick and had to quit work, I made arrangements with them regarding same... seems they have now decided to disregard and want to take me to court for piss money! Like I wouldn't mind if I had defaulted repeatedly on a large amount, but come on! They're hardly going to successfully recapatalize by dragging an out of work cancer patient to the ******** court for the equivelant of a months wages!
I hear tabloids calling!

But yeah, the banking system along with anything finance related is in rag order here. Thanks to the old economic adadge of "America sneezes, Europe catches a cold" whereas in Irelands case it's the consumption! The worst rescession in the history of the state, the near colapse of all the national banks (shares dropping from 13euro mark to 30cent mark) and the government now facing a deficit of 12&#xGD;P...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:24 am

Fiddlers Green

Recursive Paradox
Of course. Just because you eat a being doesn't mean you aren't respecting it. After all you do have to survive.

Choose.
I choose to survive.

Right, my mistake. *nodnod*

Quote:
Recursive Paradox
Thank you for that. It's a refreshing take on things.

It is?
I don't understand the other takes on it.
I really don't internally understand what all the fuss is about.
It's not like it's being forced on anyone else.
It's your business. I can see how a lover may have a feeling of entitlement to an explanation, because, if they have one of those gender preference things I really don't understand, then they may be very confused by the change, but that's about the only way I could see justification in anyone other than the person themselves having any room to talk.
~shrugs~
I'm glad it helped.

A lot of people take it as a personal affront. Mostly because people assume everything done is about them.

Humans are very narcissistic. >.<

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:26 am

maenad nuri
scorplett
Bankers all deserve to die the death of a thousand cuts!

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
scream scream scream scream scream scream

Hey, don't blame the messanger.

/Bank Representative

Error's trying to get hired in a bank too. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:35 am

Fiddlers Green

Cyrus the Elder
Alas, no, I usually only prank with these.

The Cyrus family death-threat toll is now at two, only one more to go and I'll have the whole set ninja

Rick-Roll'n is far better than internal threats of progenocide.
I think that word doesn't exist.
Regardless, is that normal in your family, death threats that is?
Are they ever followed thru on? sweatdrop

They're not particularly common, and usually only thrown around so seriously when they translate to "Cross me and I'll leave you bloody and broken", and they're not followed through on, except maybe in vague weak attempts.

My brother tried to strangle me to death once. Hilarious part was, I managed to get away, and the ******** broke his own little toe, he started crying xd

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Calixti

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:32 pm

I just got fired via ******** voicemail from my job as a telephone interviewer. When I never got fewer than two completed interviews (half-hour to forty-five minutes EACH) per four hour shift and all my reviews were excellent. And this late in the school year, NOWHERE on either campus is hiring except for summer and next year.

*stabs*
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:02 pm

scorplett
My bank are being VERY nasty to me...
When I got sick and had to quit work, I made arrangements with them regarding same... seems they have now decided to disregard and want to take me to court for piss money! Like I wouldn't mind if I had defaulted repeatedly on a large amount, but come on! They're hardly going to successfully recapatalize by dragging an out of work cancer patient to the ******** court for the equivelant of a months wages!
I hear tabloids calling!

But yeah, the banking system along with anything finance related is in rag order here. Thanks to the old economic adadge of "America sneezes, Europe catches a cold" whereas in Irelands case it's the consumption! The worst rescession in the history of the state, the near colapse of all the national banks (shares dropping from 13euro mark to 30cent mark) and the government now facing a deficit of 12&#xGD;P...

Ah, I see.
I can hate it for you, but that is about all.
I am sorry. It always worries me how interconnected every economy is. I don't mind diplomatic exchange between nations, but the amount of co-dependency is worriesome.

Recursive Paradox
A lot of people take it as a personal affront. Mostly because people assume everything done is about them.

Hrmm, how odd.
Thanks for the insight. sweatdrop

Cyrus the Elder
They're not particularly common, and usually only thrown around so seriously when they translate to "Cross me and I'll leave you bloody and broken", and they're not followed through on, except maybe in vague weak attempts.

My brother tried to strangle me to death once. Hilarious part was, I managed to get away, and the ******** broke his own little toe, he started crying xd

Ah, rightio then.
Wait, so, did he try to get you in trouble for him breaking his toe while trying to kill you?

The Indubitable Katie-Kat
I just got fired via ******** voicemail from my job as a telephone interviewer. When I never got fewer than two completed interviews (half-hour to forty-five minutes EACH) per four hour shift and all my reviews were excellent. And this late in the school year, NOWHERE on either campus is hiring except for summer and next year.

*stabs*

That's weak.
I mean, it's sorta quirky, the whole telephone job and separation via voice-mail...
but still, are they just going under?

Fiddlers Green

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Fiddlers Green

Cyrus the Elder

Ah, rightio then.
Wait, so, did he try to get you in trouble for him breaking his toe while trying to kill you?

Yup, was kinda a forgone conclusion. Of course, I got blamed because even though he was trying to strangle me, I "Started the argument", which roughly translates to, "You dared to disagree with him"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Fiddlers Green

Recursive Paradox

Hrmm, how odd.
Thanks for the insight. sweatdrop

You're welcome ^^

Recursive Paradox

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:46 am

Cyrus the Elder
Yup, was kinda a forgone conclusion. Of course, I got blamed because even though he was trying to strangle me, I "Started the argument", which roughly translates to, "You dared to disagree with him"

Interesting.
That's all I can really say about that.
I mean, if he took it to violence, then it was a violent situation, no one can really be faulted at that point.
It's like stabbing someone who is trying to shoot you, and then them suing you for assault. neutral
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Fiddlers Green

Also, two things to keep in mind when reading Nietzsche.
He isn't as misogynistic as he seems. He is writing from a male perspective, and most of the original German I have seen of his works tend to want people to disregard relationship foibles. When he says women are a pointless distraction, that is a very poor translation.
Secondly, he is very hopeful, his writings are aimed at sharing a path to personal empowerment. He does assert that the world sucks and is filled with stupid people, but the heart of what he says is that we can't let that get us down. Some translations make him seem very depressing, they chose words to emphasize his disregard for the failings of the world, and down-play his point about individual greatness.

That's good to know. Thanks for the head's up. ^_^

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:36 am

People need to get it through their ******** skulls that:

A. Cashiers have better things to do than stand at their registers whilst you go "Uhm....." and gaze blankly at the menu. Kindly spend your own ******** time deciding what junk you wish to gorge yourself upon.

B. Cashiers are not there to tell you how much something costs, or what's in it, the ******** menu you're ******** looking at states all of that quite clearly, I mean, you're pointing at it already for ******** sakes.

C. It's not a cashier's fault if the store is out of something.

And D. No amount of yelling and screaming will make time move faster for your ******** food to cook. All it will achieve is making the very pissed off Asatruar over the counter imagine dragging you out back and giving you a pressure-cooker swirley. stare
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 pm

So, my doc FINALLY gets around to renewing my prescription, and I go to the pharmacy to pick it up. I've decided to go back to the brand name, because the generic form has been making me sleep longer than I really want to. The generic co-pay is only $10. Now, last time I bought brand, it was a co-pay of about $25. A little more expensive, but I figure it's worth it for quality of life purposes.

So, I ask the pharmacist to get the brand name stuff. I sit down to wait. There's some frowning at a computer, hushed discussion, and finally one of the senior pharmacists comes forward to inform me that even with my insurance, the brand-name drug will cost $100. One hundred ******** dollars!!! And this is a monthly prescription! Sleep issues be damned, I decided to go with the generic. How can Pfizer (AKA pharmaceutical mega-corp) expect anyone to pay prices like that?? For someone without insurance, the cost would have been even steeper; $136.

I'm lucky there's a cheap, generic form of my meds available, but at the same time, I'm seriously pissed off. For weeks now, I've been waiting to use up my current prescription so that I could get the name brand. I've had to go for days just waiting for my lazy-a** doctor to respond to the pharmacy, so I've been enduring withdrawal symptoms like dizziness, faintness, and tingling extremities all weekend. And now, just when I thought I was going to get a quality of life boost, I CAN'T because some international corporate assholes decided to drive a robber's bargain on their meds!

I almost started crying in the drug store...

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:49 pm

I hear yah. With insurance, davits insulin costs $50 a month. Without, it's $400. He's actually on Lilycares right now, so he's getting it for free.

But his insulin pump supplies? That's another 1-2 hundred a month. Then test strips, etc.

Although mute, generic is fine. There's not really a difference ever between generic and name brand.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 pm

maenad nuri

Although mute, generic is fine. There's not really a difference ever between generic and name brand.
True that. They're held to the same purity and quality standards the name brands are- they're just cheaper because they don't have to make up research costs.

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm

My dad read the letter. Apparently this whole transsexuality thing is more troubling to him then my brother dropping out of two schools and becoming an alcoholic.

Speaking of, I really need a ******** drink.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games