Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:18 pm
Evolutionay Gothik Theory

A regular person.
Eh, better ask them what leads them to think so.
Quote:

Voodoo, Yeah, I've seen those dolls at borders bookstore that come with a book, I was hoping that there would be some other types of magical systems that don't include Voodoo, Any other types of magic that uses dolls?
I'd be very cautious of magical implements sold at large chain stores. At best, it would probably be just a doll to feed the mass fluffyism, at worst, it could wreak unintended effects that could be quite damaging.
Quote:

hmmm, Objects do not die, maybe the soul forevers stays in the object until it breaks, or something like that?
What if it gets fixed?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 pm
I guess this can go here.. I don't really know if I fall into any category. So I guess I am here asking for advice on what my beliefs could be classified as other than pagan or neo pagan.

I think my beliefs are fairly vague..
-Multiple planes of existence
-One main goddess who created the universe. I consider her a goddess cause females are the ones that give birth, though I think its more probable that its genderless or has a male and female half much like it would have dark and light aspects. Its a balanced entity.
-Spells, rituals, energy manipulation...
-Spirits, and other entities exist though I dont believe in any other MAJOR gods. Think more like entities on the level of the Christian angel.

side notes..
-I find herbalism very interesting
-Its my birthday! I'm 20 now. :3

If you can give me any ideas of what I might fit into, or books I should look at that might help me develop my beliefs more let me know..So far all I can find for spells and herbalism seems to be wiccan based and I don't know if there is something better out there or if most of the stuff those books have to offer are about the same across the pagan board so to say.  

Eniaco

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 am
Eniaco
I guess this can go here.. I don't really know if I fall into any category. So I guess I am here asking for advice on what my beliefs could be classified as other than pagan or neo pagan.

I think my beliefs are fairly vague..
-Multiple planes of existence
-One main goddess who created the universe. I consider her a goddess cause females are the ones that give birth, though I think its more probable that its genderless or has a male and female half much like it would have dark and light aspects. Its a balanced entity.
-Spells, rituals, energy manipulation...
-Spirits, and other entities exist though I dont believe in any other MAJOR gods. Think more like entities on the level of the Christian angel.

side notes..
-I find herbalism very interesting
-Its my birthday! I'm 20 now. :3

If you can give me any ideas of what I might fit into, or books I should look at that might help me develop my beliefs more let me know..So far all I can find for spells and herbalism seems to be wiccan based and I don't know if there is something better out there or if most of the stuff those books have to offer are about the same across the pagan board so to say.

As for what you would "fit into" I would just like to say that it's perfectly possible to have a set of beliefs but not have a set "religion" of some sort. Also, as for books, I don't read as many as I used to now that I have a group. I learn better through activity than by reading. However I would like to say this, most, not all but most, books that say anything about "Wica" most likely have nothing to do with Wica. And just my opinion don't take this as law, but if I were you I wouldn't check out or buy anything by Sylvia Brown or Silver Ravenwolf.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 pm
So, I took your advice and this was the response I got. Thoughts?

Hi Andrea,

The folks are also listed on Witchvox.

The Alexandrian grove is called Amethyst & Gold - HP Janus
http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_gr.html?a=ustn&id=33008

and the Gardnerian is Amalthea's Circle HPS Angela
http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_gr.html?a=ustn&id=26401

We don't normally provide full lineage, instead we give a vouch which allows you to contact our upline to confirm we are who we say we are. We do this if you're going to study with us. So in normal circumstances I wouldn't give this to you unless we were going to be doing that. I tell you that so if you contact Angela and she doesn't offer this until you get to know each other a bit better you don't think there's something wrong. smile

My Gardnerian Queen and Magus are Lady Jade and Voran. Lady Jade may be contacted at jade.d74@gmail.com while Voran may be contacted at voran@iglou.com. My Alexandrian Queen and Magus are Lady Auriana and Storm. Lady Auriana may be reached at auriana13@mac.com while Storm may be reached at stormcasey25@yahoo.com. I am also well known as a 3* HPS of both the Alexandrian and Gardnerian traditions on the Amber and Jet yahoo group so that's also a good way to get to know a bit about me.

Janus is my own Alexandrian initiate who hived from me and is running his own coven. He's a great guy. So I offer a full vouch for him. I know Angela very well, have circled with her on many occasions, know her to be an excellent initiation and she's an awesome lady.

I do hate that we can't meet and have struggled with this because I had a good feeling about you. If you'd still like to and aren't in a hurry (meaning you don't want to start next week) then we can. But I want you to know your options and consider them all. I wouldn't be starting an Outer Court until the Spring, probably around Beltane at the earliest. Both Angela and Janus are cool folks but I don't know their current status either as far as having open spots or plans for students. So I thought the best thing to do is let you know you have options so you can decide if you'd like to meet with us all, decide who you click with best and then figure out how you'd like to proceed. I'd be happy to answer any questions I may about the differences in the Alexandrian and Gardnerian traditions as well.

Morgaine  

ShadowCatSoul

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Synnthetika
Testing UPG means testing the experience against the Lore and other people's experiences right? If so, it is more than that?
There are some internal tests that can be done in the midst of the experience as well.

What kind of tests? Some ideas that I have are questions like "How much sleep have you had," "have I imbibed this evening?," "does anyone else 'feel' anything," (when applicable). Is there anyway this can improve?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:11 pm
Here's a stupid question;

Who are "The Guardians of the Watch Towers"?

What makes them so important? Where are these towers and what are the guarding in there?

Namikikyo

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:41 pm
How do you deal with the rage that starts to eat you up when the stupid upon stupid avalanches any attempt you are making at intellectual honesty?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:06 pm
Bastemhet
How do you deal with the rage that starts to eat you up when the stupid upon stupid avalanches any attempt you are making at intellectual honesty?

I've been there too and honestly, no matter how many stupids you fix there's always going to be another right behind them to tear everything you say apart. There will be days it just seems so hopless.

What I was told when I asked this question was it's good to not take everything they say so seriously. Seriously, when they say something stupid instead of allowing your nerves to get shot or your blood pressure rise, allow yourself to add in a little joke or laugh a little. Sometimes its also good to just step away from the argument until you get your head straight, you know?

Also, I find it comforting to give the person the benefit of the doubt, like maybe they weren't as lucky to be given the proper information like you have.

I'm not very good at advice so this may not be very helpful, but I thought I may try my hand at it like someone did for me. 3nodding

Namikikyo

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm
Bastemhet
Fill the holes with love.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:19 pm
Namikikyo
Bastemhet

I've been there too and honestly, no matter how many stupids you fix there's always going to be another right behind them to tear everything you say apart. There will be days it just seems so hopless.

What I was told when I asked this question was it's good to not take everything they say so seriously. Seriously, when they say something stupid instead of allowing your nerves to get shot or your blood pressure rise, allow yourself to add in a little joke or laugh a little. Sometimes its also good to just step away from the argument until you get your head straight, you know?

Also, I find it comforting to give the person the benefit of the doubt, like maybe they weren't as lucky to be given the proper information like you have.

I'm not very good at advice so this may not be very helpful, but I thought I may try my hand at it like someone did for me. 3nodding

It's not so much ignorance that bothers me as the pure bull-headed stubbornness of people who are being told they're wrong, and here's why, with verifiable sources, and yet they hold on to their incorrect beliefs anyway. I can forgive someone who doesn't know, I find it a lot harder to do that for someone who should know better, but doesn't want to...and rapes cultures with their stupid ******** entitlement and miasma while doing so.

Edit: but thanks for trying. It is appreciated and means something to me.  

Bastemhet

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 pm
Gho the Girl
Bastemhet
Fill the holes with love.

Thank you Gho...you really are sweet.

It is hard for me to remember that there is love when I need it and I have but to reach out for it. Thanks for reminding me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:33 pm
Bastemhet
Sometimes, you let it ride. Sure, I generally try to direct it to usefulness, but you know how they set off avalanches to avoid bigger, more traumatic one? Yeah, that.

I speak from an entirely personal place, but sometimes you just have to light the fire and let it burn.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:48 pm
Bastemhet
Namikikyo
Bastemhet

It's not so much ignorance that bothers me as the pure bull-headed stubbornness of people who are being told they're wrong, and here's why, with verifiable sources, and yet they hold on to their incorrect beliefs anyway. I can forgive someone who doesn't know, I find it a lot harder to do that for someone who should know better, but doesn't want to...and rapes cultures with their stupid ******** entitlement and miasma while doing so.

Well, think of it this way.

You've just decided to take hold of your spirituality and are looking for something to fill that empty hole you've discovered in yourself. You look around and pick up a SRW book on Wicca. You read it and feel so connected with it that it feels like you were ment for it. You study, buy more books, practice and pray to you Lord and Lady until it feels like second nature. You really believe you're Wiccan and no one has disagreed with you until you decide you want to share your love for this religion over the internet and someone that you don't know tells you that everything you know and loved is completely wrong regardless of the spiritual proof you feel you have.

To you that person is dead wrong and you want to prove that your way is the right way. You've read the books, practiced the ways and felt the gods. Who is this hot shot person telling you that you're completely wrong?

It shatters you to know that something you've loved is all false, it leaves you stuck in doubt and in spiritual shock. It's like having a rug being pulled out from under you with no one to catch you. So why not sheild yourself by sticking with denial?

Deny everything that person has said because there is no way you are wrong. Regardless of what they have showed you, it's probably wrong and you are right.

Now, this may only be true for a few people as some are just plan stubborn and want to be right. xd Which who doesn't want to be right?

Anyways, maybe I'm just thinking too hard on this subject, but I find that looking through the other's person's eyes very helpful when correcting them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:51 pm
Bastemhet

Edit: but thanks for trying. It is appreciated and means something to me.

Thank you. sweatdrop

Namikikyo

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Bastemhet
Sometimes, you let it ride. Sure, I generally try to direct it to usefulness, but you know how they set off avalanches to avoid bigger, more traumatic one? Yeah, that.

I speak from an entirely personal place, but sometimes you just have to light the fire and let it burn.

I usually avoid starting an argument in the first place unless it just reeks of dangerous fluffydom, but sometimes the jaw-to-floor-garbage that is spewed makes it impossible for me to just chillax and let it go.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games