Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:54 am

Windows media player classic - All the awesome of microsoft without the inherent evil.

Around the world in 80 faiths is on tonight, and he's going to america. Since when was the burning man festival a faith? They are truly grasping at straws.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:01 am

maenad nuri
saint dreya
maenad nuri
I spoke to Isis today. She needed her internet password reset.
i had to call Merlin the other day. He needed assistance with his mortgage.

I also had an account with a Merlyn on it today.
was his last name equally funny?

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:59 pm

i rarely mind prayers on my behalf. smile

i'm recuperating quickly, but getting tired of not being mobile. heart
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:40 pm

saint dreya
maenad nuri
saint dreya
maenad nuri
I spoke to Isis today. She needed her internet password reset.
i had to call Merlin the other day. He needed assistance with his mortgage.

I also had an account with a Merlyn on it today.
was his last name equally funny?

Nah, it was a dreadfully common name.

maenad nuri
Captain

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Mmmmm...vegan cookies.....
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:20 pm

The Good: Studying the Iliad is so amazingly awesome I cannot tell you.

The Bad: I am going to cry like a baby in class come book twenty two. Also, the Iliad makes me hate Athene with a fiery passion.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:05 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Indeed, we jst finished book 16. w00t.

My classics teacher has become set in his ways I think, he frequently gets little things wrong. Upon commenting on a sacrifice he started saying how the ancient greeks always gave the gods the choice cuts of meat. He reccomends Graves as a credible source and dosen't get the idea of Cthonic gods.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:45 am

patch99329
Celeblin Galadeneryn

My classics teacher has become set in his ways I think, he frequently gets little things wrong. Upon commenting on a sacrifice he started saying how the ancient greeks always gave the gods the choice cuts of meat.
OMG, This is explained in ******** BOOK ONE, where Chryses talks about giving Apollo the thigh pieces, and then, later on, in the feast, it's explained how it's done. You cut all the meat off the bone, wrap it in fat, and burn it. This isn't little. This is big. Why?

GODS DO NOT EAT MEAT (in the Iliad, and it's an important point therein. They may not eat meat anywhere else either, even when they're in disguise, but I can't say that for sure.) The eating of cooked meat distinguishes you as human. In fact, if you read the Iliad, the humans never eat anything that isn't cooked in some manner (meat, bread, cheese). The eating of raw meat distinguishes you as monster/animal. The Gods are above all of this and only enjoy the Savour of the sacrifices, beyond their own immortal food.

Quote:
He reccomends Graves as a credible source
PFFFFFFFFFFFT rolleyes

Quote:
and dosen't get the idea of Cthonic gods.
What is there not to get?

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:50 am

Ah, Faloohdeh (rice noodles in frozen rose water) and Bastani (pistachio ice cream), what a lovely combination. heart

Ah, excellent good Deo. 3nodding

A note on Cthonic gods, even HBO managed to get this one with the Rome series, with such humourous explictives, as "Gods Below!".
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:45 pm

I had a girl in my Creativity class on Thursday say that Gaelic was a language spoken in south west Scotland by only the noble class, and that it had been extinct for a couple of centuries.... I've been ranting about it to my friends and when they kept patting my head and telling me to stop worrying about things so much, I realized it was time for me to come back here.
scream

Ainwyn

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:03 pm

So if you look at M&R, there's a thread about how the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" is offensive against Hinduism.

However, the link used is so biased and horrible that it says any person who is Hindu who doesn't think the movie is bad is a bad Hindu and hasn't been taught well. stressed That's my family they're insulting with that one line.

The rest of the site is incredibly horrendous as well. gonk
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:13 pm

Rajani Kali
I had a girl in my Creativity class on Thursday say that Gaelic was a language spoken in south west Scotland by only the noble class, and that it had been extinct for a couple of centuries....
gonk stressed
Quote:
I've been ranting about it to my friends and when they kept patting my head and telling me to stop worrying about things so much, I realized it was time for me to come back here.
scream
With great vengance and all that.

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Duh moment on my part, the Gods eat meat in the myth of Tantalus, however this isn't mentioned in the Iliad, or the Odyssey (which incidentally mentions Tantalus' punishment, but not what he does to earn it), and as we were discussing in class earlier this week, food is one of the ways Homeric epic seems to denote differences in what someone is (god, human, or monster).
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:33 am

Celeblin Galadeneryn
patch99329
Celeblin Galadeneryn

My classics teacher has become set in his ways I think, he frequently gets little things wrong. Upon commenting on a sacrifice he started saying how the ancient greeks always gave the gods the choice cuts of meat.
OMG, This is explained in ******** BOOK ONE, where Chryses talks about giving Apollo the thigh pieces, and then, later on, in the feast, it's explained how it's done. You cut all the meat off the bone, wrap it in fat, and burn it. This isn't little. This is big. Why?

GODS DO NOT EAT MEAT (in the Iliad, and it's an important point therein. They may not eat meat anywhere else either, even when they're in disguise, but I can't say that for sure.) The eating of cooked meat distinguishes you as human. In fact, if you read the Iliad, the humans never eat anything that isn't cooked in some manner (meat, bread, cheese). The eating of raw meat distinguishes you as monster/animal. The Gods are above all of this and only enjoy the Savour of the sacrifices, beyond their own immortal food.

Quote:
He reccomends Graves as a credible source
PFFFFFFFFFFFT rolleyes

Quote:
and dosen't get the idea of Cthonic gods.
What is there not to get?

...he's a truly lovely man. But as you can see, we do get into the odd argument.
As for the meat thing, I thought the myth of prometheus explained why the gods got the inedibles...
He's very epic-poem centric in his studies; I don't think he backs it up with any background info of the culture, rather sees it all as a big poem to be interpreted however one wants.
When the sides take the oath, he thought one of the sheep was black because it symbolized that achilles would die.

patch99329

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:49 am

So I got off work early because I was feeling sick. Which is good, because I started throwing up before I even got to the parking garage.

It was a very long night.

*eats crackers, sprite, and water*
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 547 548 549 550 551 552 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games