Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:29 pm
FrostWolf McCloud

Sounds like an interesting conversion!
Might I suggest using like, say, greenstuff? i know next to nothing about fantasy, but From the small amount of greenstuff'd I've seen, Wolf ears would be somewhat simple I could guess. Just use a triangular shape, curve it inward, add fuzzyness using a craft-knife as a shaper, and hopefully it blends with the rest of the mini. Hope that helps in some way.
I alos have my own question.
In 40k, I plan to take a Dark angels robed figure, the back and legs, and remove the back, and replace with the commander cloaked back. thus, the completed mini would have a tabarded torso, a cloaked back, and the robed legs...
Anyoen know of a 'low risk/damage' method to remove this back?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:22 am
I would say removing the back depends on what kind of glue you used, if its high ranged stuff I dont think it would be possible, but if you used like walmart brand glue, you might be able to pry them apart. If you used good glue, probably just go out and buy a new commander figure, or look on ebay for the pieces you need  

billsabob

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 pm
billsabob
I would say removing the back depends on what kind of glue you used, if its high ranged stuff I dont think it would be possible, but if you used like walmart brand glue, you might be able to pry them apart. If you used good glue, probably just go out and buy a new commander figure, or look on ebay for the pieces you need

Mainly, Im trying to remove something that is molded onto a piece existing. I have the commander back, but I also have the dark angels veteran legs+back (they are molded into one piece). Im thinking I may just get it off with a knife, then greenstuff it if anything is too irreparably damaged.
Regardless, here is my typhoon-to-whirlwind conversion.
Plan on having one rhino with which I can interchange between having the doors (rhino transport) to the Missiles (instant whirlwind count-as). all that would need done is to lift the doors off and place the missiles in the space. has a sensor (left under pod) and Visual sighting (greenstuffed, right side of picture below the right pod) for targeting. Very proud of myself. xd Marines themselves have to wait until all of the Bitz come in.
Pics, though low qaulity due to built in camera, get the point across.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ok random conversion.
this is an oh my gumball  

Straygor

13,575 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm
Straygor
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ok random conversion.
this is an oh my gumball

It's..Bootiful...
and tiny! why so tiny?!
you make me hurt and want to quit converting and modeling.
but that's a good thing!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:49 pm
Well, time to show my conversions.
Chapter master of the Storm Fists:
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/091/1/f/Chapter_Master_Stormfists_WIP3_by_bjsentu.jpg
http://fc42.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/091/5/1/Chapter_Master_Stormfists_WIP2_by_bjsentu.jpg
http://fc40.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/091/d/7/Chapter_Master_Stormfists_WIP1_by_bjsentu.jpg
"Thornhide" the Carnifex
http://fc15.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/091/6/3/Carnifex_WIP_by_bjsentu.jpg
My Missile turret from before, better quality
http://fc49.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/091/8/c/Converted_whirlwind_back_slat_by_bjsentu.jpg
My command squad banner.
http://fc47.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/091/4/f/Command_squad_Standard_bearer__by_bjsentu.jpg
And last but not lest, my surely-tech-heresy Veteran Techmarine. working on his story as well.
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/091/6/2/tech_marine_conversion1_by_bjsentu.jpg
Suggestions?  

bjs.09-00

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:32 am
Man, that CM is effing impressive.
Would love to see it fully painted. biggrin

The techmarine´s link isn´t working by the way.... sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:13 am
Aye, the master is mighty impressive.

But you should concider re-sizing the images before uploading them... D;  

Shinobi_8745

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 pm
Blast! I missized them and ruint the techmarines link!
My abominations, you must see them!
And...I have no clue what a CM is?...
Fixed the link, will work on the resolutions...
try to just not full size them, and leave them as small as possible...
sorry bout that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:13 pm
CM = Chapter Master

The techmarine looks weird, it's an epic conversion no doubt there, but it does look a little flimsy. Like a stiff breeze would over-balance him.  

lord-kensington

Dapper Guildsman

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:23 pm
Don't worry, a dime fixes all of life's issues. I was really going to the "climbing rocky ground look" but without a finished base, its hard to tell. need to get on that ASAP. Pretty proud of it though, Still need to greenstuff the mistakes and such however. and the chapter master needs to have his base finished and balanced.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 am
There are a few projects that I've recently been working on, one is outfitting a dread into a new kind of ' Bigga Ork Arma', and I'd use Ghazkhull's head and arm on the model, and probably use the newer face mask for the Fantasy orc warboss conversion kit. I want to position it to be crushing a space marine or a Cadian sargeant with the dread arm, and with the Ghazkhull arm a Kustom Bigga Shoota will be shooting a space marine or a cadian gaurd in the face.  

Slaauhd

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:54 am
The face-mask from the Fantasy plastic orc warboss is way too small for Ghazzies head, that mask is barely sized for a normal orc boy.

But to be honest... Fitting a dread with that wouldn't really be orky... Just an ork head and arm on a dreadnaught... Just my 2 teef.

BUT if you ad lotsa rivits and maybe use something else for the arm it could work. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:07 am
Shinobi_8745
The face-mask from the Fantasy plastic orc warboss is way too small for Ghazzies head, that mask is barely sized for a normal orc boy.

But to be honest... Fitting a dread with that wouldn't really be orky... Just an ork head and arm on a dreadnaught... Just my 2 teef.

BUT if you ad lotsa rivits and maybe use something else for the arm it could work. wink
Yeah, I'd probably just green stuff a giant cigar for the Ghazkhull head, maybe even a military ork cap.
Haha, it'd look kind of silly if I just glued the arm onto the dread, I'd have to add wires and tubes, then green stuff them to the arm making them look like they were surgically put in. I'd have to find a way to make a huge blood effect, for both casualties. I'm thinking of a big gush of blood coming from the model's chest being crushed, and a big splatter from the other's head being shot in. I guess I'd try to create it like a stand still explosion of blood, probably made of greenstuff. I'd have to make the Bigga Ork Arma look like some kind of ork general.

Slaauhd

Necro Fusion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:22 pm
So I have a question about scraping detail off a metal model.
The model in question is a Gray Knight Terminator, but I want to get all the Imperial scriptures off, since I'm converting it to Chaos. o3o I'm just looking for a relatively easy way to do this.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games