Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Streets of Hogsmeade Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:38 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                        Location : Hogsmeade Streets

“Yeah, they should really attach a warning to the elective sheet.” Emma said before adding. “Warning electives plus core classes equals how many OWL you’ll be taking. Are you sure you want to take that many?” She giggled slight at her own statement. Why didn’t they come with a little reminder of that? Hearing that Cordelia would have had seventeen exams was practically mind blowing. “Thank goodness they cut back the classes some then.” Emma said relieved for her friend. Honestly, she was happy muggle art was combined with the other art. Sure that meant her art class might drop some but at least she wouldn’t completely fail a class come OWLs. She didn’t want that. “I don’t think I’d be able to either. I honestly can’t believe that some people actually take every elective. It’s pure insanity.”

When Cordelia apologized for her father and then asked how long she lived with her uncle, Emma smiled slightly. “Since I was seven,” She answered rather brightly. Talking about living with her uncle was one of the best things in her life. In fact aside from following his footsteps into Hufflepuff and her love of Quidditch, it was the best thing. “That’s when I found out magic was real.” She said remembering the day she found out. It was amazing, it was like having everything she believed in for so long was a reality. Her dreams came true as a kid back then along all the trouble it brought.

“Before I moved in with my uncle, my father and I would fight all the time about magic. Getting proof that I was right and that magic was real was great. Maybe not for my father but for me it was.” Emma told Cora, with a smile. “Though, when I showed signs of magic… My father wanted nothing to do with me after that. He kicked me out and my mum took me to meet the Uncle I never knew I had.” She said her smile faltering for a moment. “Turns out he was magic too, not to mention the advanced flying professor.” She added a small smile returning to her face. “Now he’s trying to make things right I guess, although not successfully.”

Status: Happy / Slightly irritated about my father
                                                        With: Cordelia

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

kiska166

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:53 pm
User Image

You don't have to be afraid to put your dream in action
You're never gonna fade you'll be the main attraction

Cordelia nodded quickly in agreement. “I definitely wouldn’t have taken this many,” she noted. When she was choosing which classes to take and not take, she wasn’t even thinking about the exams. The girl instead signed up for any classes she thought would be interesting and that her family members enjoyed or convinced her to take. Hell, even seven was enough, but that meant no fun classes if she only stuck to the core ones. “I would’ve been completely and utterly swamped if they didn’t cut back a few of the classes.” Imagining all the homework and studying she’d have to put in on top of the amount she’s currently in made the brunette shake her head before pushing away the thought. It was only stressing her out. “What’s the point of even taking every elective?” Cordelia asked. “I mean, some of them aren’t at all related to others, so there wouldn’t be any job that requires you take ‘em all. There should really be a limit to how many students can take.” It was insane that the school even allowed students to take all of the electives. Then again, only insane people would sign up for that many.

Watching Emma’s expression carefully as to not upset the girl, Cordelia was glad that she answered her question with a bright smile on her lips. “I’m guessing you found out it was real when your powers started kicking in?” she asked expectantly. Listening to the story and learning that her assumption had been correct, Cora frowned. How could someone just stop loving and caring for their kid because they possess magical abilities? That just makes them that much cooler! It was still their kid. Some people were so cruel. Cordelia couldn’t even imagine one of her parents abandoning their kid because they were witches, wizards, muggles or squibs. “And your mum was totally okay with your dad kicking you out?” What kind of parents were they? Awful! And why on Earth did they care about seeing her now when they didn’t want her when she had only been seven years old? The fifth year was getting angry, sad, but mostly frustrated. There was no reason why Emma should even have to come up with excuses not to visit her parents – they were horrible! “I think it’s a little too late to make things right,” Cora commented when her friend had stated that he’d been unsuccessful at doing so. “And you shouldn’t have to go see them if you don’t want to.” Maybe she didn’t know the situation quite well enough to have a valid opinion, but from what she did know, she thought she was right.

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

You don't have to be afraid to put your dream in action
You're never gonna fade you'll be the main attraction

User Image

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:35 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle

Today was one of the last Hogsmeade weekends of the year, and Hannah wasn't about to allow her chance to escape the confines of the castle to slip through her fingers. She felt a little twinge of guilt for ducking out on one of Linny's tutoring sessions (cripes a'mighty, even she needed a break from studying), but she reckoned she'd get something as a peace offering for her cousin at one of the shops. As she thought about it, having gotten good marks on her more recent Transfigurations assignments, she earned a day off from tutoring (and maybe Layton might take Linny's mind off lessons for a bit) and studies.

It was also an excuse to shuck her school clothes for the day, and wear the cute little blouse she'd made with bits of lace at the collar, along with jeans and a pair of heels which made her legs look longer.

As her shoes clicked almost musically upon the ancient cobblestones, she spotted Emma and Cordelia walking along not so far away. "Emma! Cora!" the Fourth Year called out to her friends cheerfully. "Mind if I join you?"

kiska166

murruelecreuset

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:23 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                        Location : Hogsmeade Streets

Emma thought about electives more and realized she too wouldn’t have taken so many classes if she took exams into account. However she didn’t, all she thought was that they were classes that seemed interesting. Sure healing was one of the ‘for a purpose’ classes but all the others were just because. Why did they only put a limit on how many you needed to take versus how many you could take? “I wouldn’t of either.” She admitted. “Honestly I don’t know. I have to agree though there really should be a limit on that. I mean how many thirteen year olds know what they’re getting into come fifth year exams?” Emma said knowing it she sure didn’t, even with her uncle being at the school.

“Yeah, I kind of set my father’s jacket on fire.” Emma admitted sheepishly. She had zero control of her magic back then. With age she supposed she was getting better. When Cordelia asked if her mum was okay with what her dad did she shook her head. “No, she wasn’t. She’s just in love I guess and wants to believe things will work out.” She answered before adding. “My mum used to jump between her place and my uncle’s. She spent more time at my uncle’s just to be with me. She knows more about my life then my father ever will, mainly because she cares more. Not to mention she puts in more effort to understand things.”

Thinking about her mother Emma knew that she was the reason she even bothered. Her mother wanted them to be a family and a part of Emma wanted to see it work out to but she also realized it would never happen. Claire on the other head was still under the delusion it would which Emma wished wasn’t the case. She agreed with Cora about not needing an excuse however with her mother she felt she did. “I’ve only every gone because I want to make my mum happy. Though, you’re right. It is too late for my father and I…”

At that moment Emma heard the voice of their friend Hannah. She was surprised to see her actually. “Hey Hannah, I thought you’d be with your cousin today.” She commented. ‘Didn’t she usually have tutoring with Selina?’ She thought pushing it away. “We don’t mind. We were just planning on doing some shopping.” Emma answered Hannah brightly. More the merrier right?

Status: Happy / Slightly irritated about my father
                                                        With: Cordelia, Hannah

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

kiska166
                                                        Graydon Ironshield

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:00 pm
Throw dirt on me and grow a wildflower
But it's "******** the world", get a child out her
Yeah, my life a b***h, but you know nothing about her
Been to hell and back, I can show you vouchers
I'm rolling Sweets, I'm smoking sour
Married to the game but she broke her vows
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
| Muggleborn | Slytherin Fourth Year

The knight bus unceremoniously came to a halt on the outskirts of Hogsmeade and Wren gratefully took himself and his sister off that hell ride and barely had enough time to shield himself from the spraying dirt as it took off again to its next stop. Anwen was fully awake now, he hadn't exactly expected her to stay asleep on that damned thing, and was asking questions he didn't really want to answer or worse didn't have one. He just held her hand as he lead them down the streets of the familiar village only giving monosyllabic answers to certain questions and just staying silent at others. He could tell she was getting grumpy, either from being woken up at around one in the morning or because he was purposely not answering her he couldn't tell, so he started looking around for anything resembling an inn. He ultimately found one and quickly brought them both inside it to ask for room and board for the evening. The lady behind the desk just sniffed at them probably taking in his less than respectable clothes, even by muggle standards, and his little sister's pajamas before telling him she couldn't sell to a minor. Wren wanted to argue and spill everything that had just happened that night so that she could just ******** understand and let him have the goddamn room but figured there was other battles worth fighting and just thanked her for her time before leaving out the way they came.

"Aros yma ac yn sgrechian os ydych yn gweld unrhyw un neu unrhyw beth." the teen instructed the blonde child sternly before going off to the side of the inn. He looked at the windows trying to see if any had manageable locks he could undo in any empty rooms. He found one on the second floor but when he tried to scale the wall to it one of the bricks bloody disappeared causing him to fall and land on his back with a pained groan as he remembered his earlier bruises from the night. God ******** dammit! Couldn't just one thing go right? Dejectedly, Wren went back to where he left his sister who was sitting by their backpacks looking smaller than he'd ever seen her before as she conversed with Donna. And it was then it finally hit him that he was all she had, literally all she had. Their mother had gone to who the ******** knows where and he and personally seen to the demise of her father. He pressed the palms of his hands to his eyes to stem any tears and bit his lip ignoring the sting from the cut already there. The hell was he supposed to do? He couldn't go to school with her tagging along, he was pretty sure once the school found out about him they wouldn't want some murderer among their ilk. He couldn't go back to the muggle world with her in tow; he could pretend for so long that they just had an absentee parent before social services were called and then they'd be right where they are now: up s**t creek without even a wad of toilet paper. Even worse would be then they'd have bobbies and welfare workers coming for their arses and there would be nothing he could do to stop them from throwing him in some home for criminal teens while Anwen rotted in some foster home or orphanage.

He didn't know how long he had stood there with his hands covering his face contemplating the s**t life he had given his sister before he felt a tug at his jacket and saw the little girl in question. "Ree, pan rydym yn mynd adref? Rwy'n gysglyd ac felly mae Donna." Wren took a few deep breathes while he struggled to come up with an answer while Anwen rubbed tiredly at her blue eyes. "Ni allwn-nid ydym yn mynd yn ôl adref. Mae'n rhaid i ni ddod o hyd i gartref newydd." The seven year old's face wrinkled for a few seconds as she took in his explanation. "Pam? Beth sydd o'i le ag ef?" He huffed and struggled not to say it was none of her business since he knew that would just antagonize her and make her start asking even more questions he didn't know how to answer. "Ni allaf ddweud wrthych fod ar hyn o bryd. Ond Gwnaf. Yn ddiweddarach." She gazed up at him searching for a lie and when she found none she merely sighed and nodded her head allowing him a small victory for the time being. Wren gingerly approached the side of the building, tapping on a few bricks to make sure they were solid and unmovable, before he sat down with his back facing the building and placed both knapsacks in his lap giving it a soft pat. "Yma, dim ond yn gorwedd i lawr i'r dde yma a byddaf yn deffro i chi pan fydd gennym i symud." he told her knowing she was more tired than she let on, evident in how quickly she agreed and laid her head down on the softest part of his backpack cuddling close to him and her ballerina. Again he struggled not to wallow in his pit of hopelessness and self pity but instead focused his attention on the visible street to ensure no danger would come to the pair of them. He wouldn't fail her again.
Red Hot Missy

It's a little too late to say that you're sorry now
You kicked me when I was down
But what you say just (don't hurt me)
That's right b***h (don't hurt me)
And I don't need you (no more)
Don't want to see you (no more)

Translation: W- Stay here and scream if anyone or anything comes
A- Ree, when are we going home? I'm sleepy and so is Donna
W- We can't-we're not going back home. We have to find a new home.
A- Why? What's wrong with it?
W- I can't tell you that right now. But I will. Later.
Here, just lie down right here and I'll wake you when we have to move.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:43 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Hogsmeade
                                                                Who am I with? Some kids...
                                                                What am I doing? Trying to figure out what's up
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope this isn't what I think it is...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Everyday Wear

Jesse walked down the street, not paying much attention to anything but still being observant nonetheless. He had a murderous brother on the loose, had in fact attacked him right in Elli's own flat, and to say that Jesse was relying on instincts honed on the streets was an understatement of the century. He wasn't quite paranoid, not yet, but he was paranoid enough to know that a misstep on his part could end up with him dead in the gutter. However, Jesse was a survivor, had been for most of his young life, and he intended not to be another statistic in violent crimes in the UK. Granted, he tested his luck often enough that his boyfriend was practically paranoid of him being out and about on his own, but that didn't really matter. What did matter was the fact that if he needed to, he could and would draw his wand in an emergency quickly enough, or just rely on his wandless magic skills he had perfected back in school.

He was just returning from a walk around Hogsmeade when he noticed two figures sitting against the local inn in town. A frown pulled at his features as he took them in for a moment, then decided to double back, this time as a cat. People were much less assuming of cats than they were of other creatures, he'd discovered. Granted, there was always that one a*****e that wouldn't hesitate to try and kick him (he'd never mention that to Elli in a million years), but it still would work in this case. He skirted around the building silently, paws noiseless against the ground as he got a closer look at the two forms huddled together. One was certainly a little girl, while the other was a teen, one he recalled whenever he was working over at the Neep. Eyes narrowing, he took in their general state and didn't like what he was seeing.

He was no stranger to abuse, having endured it for years from his father and later Paul, so it was easy to tell that the two were malnourished. The shabby state of their clothes didn't speak much about how well they were living either. The teen however looked like he had a fight with a brick wall and lost, which Jesse was wincing at more than anything, though that didn't peg on his meter as much as it probably should have. It was the hard look in the teen's eyes that Jesse recognized more than anything else, having seen it in the mirror for over a decade. It spoke volumes of a life on the streets, and not the nicer ones he'd sometimes crept into as a kid. The ones that ended with bodies in alleys if a kid wasn't careful enough. Seven years removed from his own life on the streets, and he could still recognize it.

To say he didn't like the situation was an understatement and a half, and Jesse pondered what he should do. He could approach as a cat, but that wouldn't do well if he actually wanted to help them. Suddenly approaching as an adult wouldn't really be good either, because the kid could decide he was a threat and vanish. If it had been him, he wouldn't be so out in the open. No, he would have tried to find someplace a bit less obvious to hide, or broken into one of the empty homes in Hogsmeade to find shelter for the night and pray that the place was actually empty and not the residence of someone he wouldn't want to meet. However, he considered his options carefully and decided to vanish for a bit, this time returning with some apples from the shop and as a human. He settled himself across the street of the inn, in plain view of the kid and his sister(?) while he watched. He knew the kid probably saw him, hell, he was making himself obvious, but he decided to ignore it for the moment as he munched on an apple. Two others were beside him, an open invitation to approach if they wanted. He settled in, deciding to wait and see if either the kid snapped at him or decided to approach or, well, he rather hoped the kid didn't, disappear into the night.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Yukina101

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:45 pm
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wren hadn't meant to be so out in the open like they were but after everything that had happened that night, or early morning whatever, he had been lucky his legs had held out as long as they had. He won't even try to think of his back after the beating it got. As the hours passed his gaze became unfocused and his mind blanked, either from the dull ache of the pain or from the exhaustion of being up for almost twenty-four hours but he wouldn't dare allow his eyes to close for fear of what could happen. He swore he had seen a cat nearby but he had blinked and it disappeared so it might've just been his imagination or his tired mind playing tricks with him. It had also reminded him of the recent demise of his mouse who's body he removed from his hoodie hours earlier after realizing he hadn't made it through Derri's barrage attack. It was sort of sick that he had felt worse about the life of a random mouse he had taken for a pet than the man who fathered his little sister. But he couldn't think of that otherwise his mind would travel back to the prone body still laying in the turned over house.

Wren blinked again, slower this time because he was definitely sure he was seeing things, but no when he opened them up again that guy was definitely still there. Eating an apple of all things. The teen's right eye twitched, he wasn't sure because his eyes were becoming adjusted to the sunlight slowly starting to filter from the dawn or because of the blatant invitation from the two other apples sitting at the unknown man's side. Did he seriously think he was that stupid to go over there for two friggen pieces of fruit? He would've had a more fighting chance if it was a roast beef sandwich than anything, that s**t was expensive. Just the thought of it made his stomach growl and the apples seem slightly more tempting than they were a few seconds ago.

After about a minute of debate he pulled out his wand figuring that one, the ministry couldn't really pinpoint who exactly was using the magic in a magical neighborhood right, and two that even if they did find him and expel him it would just go quicker than they and the Headmaster finding out what he had down. He did the now familiar swish and flick motion murmuring, "Wingardium leviosa" to one of the apples floating it towards him and giving a sharp look to the man before he dropped it into his waiting hand. The teen took a cautious bite out of the apple and chewed slowly to see if he could taste anything. When he didn't feel nauseous or dizzy, he gently shook Anwen's shoulder to wake the little girl up and waited until she was huffing and squeaking in protest before pushing the apple in her face. Her blue eyes blinked in tired confusion for a few seconds before they widened and she happily took the apple and bit into it. Wren was both amused and disturbed by how quickly his sister destroyed the apple and made him wonder if her father had even marginally been keep up his end of the bargain these last few weeks.

He sighed and his eyes strayed back over to the sitting male and remaining apple and wondered what he should do. Unfortunately his sister followed his gaze to the man and the other apple and began muttering to him asking him all the questions he had no answers for. With another sigh he instructed the girl to stand up and took some time and assistance from the brick wall beside him to stand up gritting his teeth at the aches coming from stiff already bruised muscles and the hitches in his side and chest. He knew his sister was questioning how long it took for him to stand but he ignored her gaze and started their short trek towards the young man. When they were still a few feet away but close enough to be heard without yelling he stood firm though swaying a bit from his earlier exhaustion. "What the hell do you want?" Wren growled out keeping a tight hand on his wand hidden in his hoodie pocket.
Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:40 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

Where am I? Hogsmeade
                                                                Who am I with? Some kids...
                                                                What am I doing? Trying to figure out what's up
                                                                What am I thinking? I hope this isn't what I think it is...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Everyday Wear

Jesse watched the boy levitate an apple towards him, studying what was going on and frowning harder as he watched the girl devour the apple quickly. The boy still seemed to be suspicious, and Jesse watched quietly as he stood with difficulty to approach where Jesse was sitting. He had already finished the apple he was eating and had set the core to the side, but waited for the confrontation that was sure to come. He didn't think there wouldn't be, heck, he would have screamed himself in this situation, but he wasn't trying to do anything. Well, nothing that necessitated someone to kill him, in any case. He was already treading a thin line in doing this, pretty sure that the boy had every right to be suspicious about some guy sitting on the side of the street with food out in the open for him to steal.

The boy didn't hesitate in asking him what he wanted, and Jesse trailed from one to the other, appraising them both before shrugging. "Nothing. I just decided to take a seat. View of Hogsmeade in the dawn is pretty wicked so I thought I'd get a good seat to watch it. What do you want?" Jesse was pretty certain the answer would be for Jesse to bugger off and leave him alone, but he hoped that wasn't the case. He leaned forward a bit, his elbows resting on his knees as he considered the boy. Though, I don't recall seeing you that often in Hogsmeade. What brings you here?" Careful Jesse, he reminded himself. He didn't want to scare the kid off, especially since the kid looked like he really needed help.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Yukina101

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Wren scowled at the man and wanted so desperately to tell him where he could go with his bullshit answer of just wanting to watch the sun rise. The ******** did he look like a newborn that was born yesterday? When he was asked what he wanted he nearly growled but kept his composure, barely. It was when he started on about how he hadn't seen the teen around Hogsmeade that often that he nearly told him to go ******** himself with a rusty metal pipe but luckily caught sight of his and his little sister's conjoined hands and tried to find less volatile word choices. "I want to know why you seemed so interested in mine and my sister's appearance and what f-what business it is of yours when I am or am not in Hogsmeade." Wren managed to get out through grit teeth.

It would seem luck was not on his side or maybe just held a personal vendetta against him since after his speech, Anwen's stomach started to gurgle alerting both males and causing her to blush since she had been staring at the remaining apple. At school most of the apples from the free lunch program were gone or were badly bruised and that last one had been delicious! "Can I h-have yer other apple?" she whispered hoping her brother wouldn't get mad. He didn't, not at her at any chance, but kept his glare and his frown facing away from his sister and tried to keep it away from the odd stranger since he really didn't want him asking about that too.
Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXΜλττεσ Ƭσгsτεπ Σгικssσπ-Σιdε
AurorRavenclaw AlumniMugglebornTalented Guitaristspxxaxce

< Fall 2035 >
                                                          ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxx Everybody's got something to say about your life and the choice you made-
                                                          xxx They see the world through tired eyes and we refuse to live in black and white
                                                          xxx I'm not on anyone's side, feel free to count me out
                                                          xxx I don't believe in anything, I'm so sick of everything!
                                                          xxx Everybody's got a ******** scheme to steal our hearts right from off our sleeves
                                                          xxx But I'm at peace with who I am and I'm at war in my own head

Matteo had just gone from the Dueling Range a few hours ago with Austmar, doing their hobby as per usual. Of course, they managed to duel with some people like Martha, Hermes, and Polly. Martha and Hermes were a pair of rookies but he supposed they're young so they'll get to learn more. Polly, however, kind of roasted his duel with his brother and it was probably a wild ride. After that, Austmar received an owl that he should get going back to the Welsh Dragon Sanctuary- which he was being pissed about because it was supposed to be his day off. So, Austmar just apparated away after bidding a 'bye' so Matt's all by himself now.

Later, after stopping by the Magic Neep and carry some bags of groceries. Matt was considering apparating away to home but for some reason, he didn't feel like it. Kind of a contradiction, since this place was where he almost died five years ago. He was taking a walk when suddenly he was getting a chill from memories he didn't think he wanted to remember.

Sure, he was supposed to brush it off, but he couldn't help it. Matt wondered what happened to Miriam and Bo, but he heard that a bunch of aurors died here in Hogsmeade during the attack. Even heard that there were ghosts haunting in this place now, so it was kind of terrifying. Deep in thought, the auror didn't realise there were some guys rushing past him and bumping him as a result, he tried to narrowly dodge it but he lost his balance (thanks, prosthetic leg) and feel onto the ground. He accidentally dropped his grocery bags that it scattered the content, which gave him the urge to swear both in English and Swedish. Taking a deep breath, he didn't bother shouting back to the guy and just went to pick up the fruits then putting it back to the papers bags. God, what a wonderful day.

Everybody's got something to say, so concerned with the life I've made xxx
                                                          You wear us down with your fear and hate, I'm unimpressed but I'm getting weak... xxx
                                                          The truth is I'm just ******** existing, the truth is I've got the will to survive- xxx
                                                          The truth is I've got a problem coping, the truth is we'll all be fine! xxx
                                                          We live our lives in our own way, I feel sorry for the choice you made... xxx
                                                          I'm not pathetic, just sympathetic (I'm not pathetic, just emphathetic) xxx

ᴡɪᴛʜ [no one] ᴀᴛ [the Streets]

ЅιπɢlεΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

< Out.Of.Cases >
                                                          out of character info

mc2

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:08 pm
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering
Arithmancy Professor of Hogwarts

+ Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on March 25, 2003
+ Wand: Supple, with a knobby shaft, 10 7/8 inches, Osage Orange, Dragon Heart String
+ Former Coyote Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
+ Dressed: Like Usual
(Werewolf - No True Pack Affiliation)
Currently it is: Academic Year of 2035-2036xxx

Most weekends Sophie found herself in Hogsmeade, either visiting the Magic Neep or Dogweed and Deathcap or one of the local pubs or bars. Today was a visit of the Hog's Head Inn where she had a simple meal, a change from what the house elves cooked, and a glass or two of Irish Whiskey. Not enough to be drunk, or really buzzed for her, but something to wash down a meal. She drank alcohol for the taste not to be drunk. If she was any other way she would have went somewhere else than Hogsmeade for her drink. Evening was coming as Sophie walked back towards the castle through the streets of Hogsmeade. She welcomed the slight chill of the autumn when she narrowly dodged two who ran past her and caught the sound of cursing, a mix of English and some European language if she could guess. Not French or Gaelic, Sophie knew that much.

Sophie knew her sister would be the type to yell at the guys in a rush but Sophie was different. Spotting the source of the cursing from a gentleman who was likely in his late twenties busy picking up dropped fruits. Sophie wrinkled her nose sure that some of the fruit was bruised. Taking a deep breath, Sophie approached the man and began to help pick up the fruit and placing them back in the bags. "Sorry about that... I mean it wasn't as if I... but... they aren't the type to say sorry so I guess I'm apologizing for them," Sophie said, stumbling over her words realizing how stupid she sounded. "Now I say it, it sounds stupid. Sorry. You aren't hurt are you?" She ended, her Southern accent prominent in her elongating of vowels and her "I" still came out as "Ah". Judging by his curses though it wasn't as if the dark haired man was a local either.

Jade Galaksylph

((OoC))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:52 am

< Fall 2035 >

xxx They see the world through tired eyes and we refuse to live in black and white
                                                          xxx Everybody's got a ******** scheme to steal our hearts right from off our sleeves

Matteo was so busy picking up a bunch of fruits that it kind of surprised him when another hand decided to help him out, which made him halt for a second. However, he wasn't looking at the person's face at first, but instead, he stumbled over his words, "Oh. Um. Thank you..." It wasn't everyday someone would just go and help him out, especially if it was a complete stranger. If anything, Matt was convinced that the only people who would do that were Kenji, Evelyn, and his family.

When the feminine voice spoke up to him, that was when he finally looked up to know who it was. It was a ginger woman who looked a bit like she was nearly Rubin's age (but he felt that might be a false analogy, Rubin- no matter how unintentional- was sometimes mistaken as if he was twenty-five, even if he was now thirty-one). He blinked his hazel eyes when the redhead apologized to him, with what it suspiciously seemed to be some American accent, "You don't have to apologize for them," He said, trying to make a small smile, "But, thank you, though. And don't worry, just fell off-balance but I'm not hurt. But then, I think my standards of what hurts me is screwed up nowadays. Auror and all." He dryly chuckled over his semi-joke about his dangerous job as an auror, and his accent was of how Ricky Gervais would normally talk but then, Matt was born and raised in Berkshire. Besides, if he was that hurt for falling on the ground, then he wouldn't be an auror in the first alone- let alone getting a tattoo. Speaking of accents, the lady's accent was kind of weird, like that one guy who was running Magic Neep.

You wear us down with your fear and hate, I'm unimpressed but I'm getting weak... xxx
                                                          The truth is I'm just ******** existing, the truth is I've got the will to survive- xxx

ᴡɪᴛʜ [no one] ᴀᴛ [the Streets]

ЅιπɢlεΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

< Out.Of.Cases >
                                                          out of character info

mc2

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:37 am
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering

+ Wand: Supple, with a knobby shaft, 10 7/8 inches, Osage Orange, Dragon Heart String

"Seemed only polite," Sophie remarked about her apology with a shrug as she finished picking up fruit, listening as he spoke. She looked up, raising a brow when he said his standards was screwed up and explained he was an auror. "Oh, I wouldn't know," She said, "I mean not that you don't look like an auror but about if standards of pain are..." She took a long breath as she stood holding out a grocery bag to him, "What I mean is I'm an Arithmancy Professor. Numbers. Pretty safe except for maybe giving my students a headache," She joked in the end with a half smile she chose to hold as she kicked herself for the lame awkward joke. Why couldn't socializing with people come easier? Right because she spent years hiding away and only since she came to the United Kingdom did she really start trying to socialize.

Jade Galaksylph

((OoC))

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:32 am

< Fall 2035 >

Matt just chuckled quietly about her remark that apologizing to him for a pair of reckless strangers was just a way of being polite. He supposed that maybe, he would just agree to disagree- but, he was a polite person himself if the people earned his respect. Then again, he wasn't in a mood right now to say that they had to apologize to him, since they just come and go. Besides, his grudge was only reserved for specific scenarios, like say, anyone who had the nerve to bully his younger brother-, or someone who was his best friend decided to break Rubin's god-forsaken heart (Goddammit, he was even starting to lose respect to Anika for some reason).

He could not help but smirk when she awkwardly clarified to him that it wasn't like she was saying that he didn't look like an auror. "Psh, as if I'm going to be offended over someone telling me how I don't look like an auror." He dryly remarked, but at the same time his smirk shifted into this amused smile, "It's actually really funny when someone told me that, I kind of think that I could use it as an advantage." Hah, a few people say that- which at first was annoying but eventually Matt found it really funny to see how shallow some people could be. Not that he was in love or anything, he just found her a bit amusing. But again, he wasn't the one to search for dates and he had zero interest in doing intercourse activities. Must be a thing among the siblings, because no matter how a straight-a** flirt Austmar was he hasn't done any one-night stands at all.

Standing up and thanked her as he received his grocery bag from her as the redhead handed it over to him, he blinked in interest that the person he was talking to was a professor. From Hogwarts. The mention of Arithmancy just tempted him to laugh about himself and his not-very-good performance in his Arithmancy OWL. But to be fair, he was a complete mess when he was a fifth year so there was that. "I used to take Arithmancy back when I was in Hogwarts." Matt recalled, "But my fourth and fifth year were a complete mess, so it kind of... well, you know..." He looked down out of awkwardness, being a bit hesitant over saying that he wasn't the best one in Divination and Arithmancy. Speaking of which, he knew Ivar didn't take Arithmancy, but Rubin had used arithmancy from time to time- they and Arnbjorg were good at that field.

ᴡɪᴛʜ [Sophie] ᴀᴛ [the Streets]

ЅιπɢlεΔττιгεƬнεϻε Ѕσπɢ

< Out.Of.Cases >
                                                          out of character info

mc2

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:52 am
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering

She smiled when Matt didn't seem to take offense to her unintentional implication that he might not look like an auror. He had a good point that it might be an advantage not to look an auror in his job. Aurors did undercover jobs it might be hard if your looks screamed "cop". Sophie nodded and answered Matt, "I imagine not looking the part of an auror would be an advantage."

As they stood up, she handed over the bag, and then mentioned her profession, Matt offered some information about his years at Hogwarts. "I can understand a tough year or two. I had one or two myself," Sophie answered, then realizing that she might be too forward. It felt odd to have a conversation with a gentleman of her own age time who was by objective standards was attractive even if not necessarily in a traditional sense she would think of. Then again the men who were seen as "traditionally attractive" in her youth were the golden good ol' boys. Holding out a hand she thought it appropriate to introduce herself, "I am Sophie Dechering, by the way."

Jade Galaksylph

((OoC))

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas