Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:35 am
Hogwarts is now accepting applications for teaching.

(( Please note the guilds are still experiencing a posting glitch where new posts are disapparating. Please post your application here, but send me a copy via PM just in case. Thank you. ))

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:05 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?: Since...last December actually. sweatdrop

2. How many posts have you made?: 1531. Counting this one 1532

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?: Yes, I was, unless I become too busy. Life comes before internet.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
Magic and Music

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Kate Ritme

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:It's so much fun, and you can really get to know users better through teaching.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like): Students will be required to turn home work periodically, do classwork occasionally, and will have a final at the end of the term.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.): Summer, Kamalia

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I know music, and I have spunk

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?: Yes, yes I would.

11.Anything else you would like to add: After a few terms I will probably return to History of Magic.

cocosam

Tabby507

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Since August two years ago

2. How many posts have you made?
530, including this post

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes, potions.

Defense Against the Dark Arts, Divination

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Frumoasa Soare
Tabby507

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: It's alot of fun and I every time I teach, I value the experiance.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Classes will be avaliable to all years, and they will all have different cirriculum. They will trun in homework every week, and practice spells during class. At the end of term there will be a final exam.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Est_monte_de_Dieu

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Mad skills with a wand, and awsomeness!

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? Sure!

11.Anything else you would like to add:Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:03 pm
Almost a year and a half (time flies)....

This will be my 711th post. mrgreen

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Last year, I took Divination (AMAZING!) and turned in all the homework except one assignment.

1) Astronomy
2) Potions

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor's Name: Darcy Patterson
Username: Est_monte_de_dieu

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I would like to take a crack at a second subject, and Astronomy has always been an interest of mine. I loved teaching all the other times and would love to again.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Tabby507

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I know about Astronomy, so it should be something for me to be able to teach without having to kill myself over it, and I just LOVE teaching.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Sure. I'd love to help out.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
Go Astronomy!!!

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:42 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?: Since the beginning of Fall term '09

2. How many posts have you made?: 70. counting this one, 71.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?:
No, I haven't because I've been a house elf until now, but I did turn in the homework in for the "How to be an elf" class.

1) CoMC (since I've seen it wasn't really active in fall term)
2) Transfiguration (it wasn't that active either)

Professor's name- Margaret Scott
username- HEY-its-FRED123

It seems like a very fun thing to do in the guild and you get to meet more people, so you'd know people in other houses and whatnot.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like):
Students will do classwork, answer a few questions about the lesson, do a test about every couple of lessons. There will be a final as a review of all the lessons.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.):
Username of the reference- JulietVanHeusen101
Rp name of the reference- Selena Roseroy

I'm a little more unusual than them, and most importantly, I am funny.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?: Yes, yes, yes, I would without a doubt.

nothing, really.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:39 pm
Approved cocosam: Magic and Music sounds good! It'll be interesting to see how that one works out!

Approved Tabby507: Since I have no idea when MLT will be returning I'm going to give you the thumbs up for DADA. Good luck! (Hopefully we'll get someone else for Divination)

Denied Est_monte_de_Dieu: ha ha I'm just kidding. Go ahead and start Astronomy.

Approved Fred: I want to approve you for Transfiguration just because I'm more certain someone will apply for CoMC before Transfiguration. If you absolutely without a doubt would prefer CoMC please PM me.

IceeWitch

cocosam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 am
[[So can we start to make our classrooms?]]
User Image
Kate sat down on the couch and sipped a bit of tea. She was excited to teach a music class at Hogwarts for the first time. She was also rather excited to meet the new teachers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:12 pm
User Image

Margaret sat down in a chair that was a little isolated from the others. She was a new teacher so she was nervous to be in a room that teachers who've been there a while passed by and by. She was excited to begin, though, and that thought made her smile.  

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:37 pm
cocosam
[[So can we start to make our classrooms?]]

((If you been approved, go for it! Just don't start posting lessons until Jan. 4th.))  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:54 pm
User Image

Kate sees a new teacher and walks over to her. "Hello, I'm Ms. Ritme. You can call me Kate. I'm filling in for my aunt while she deals with my mother in America. What class are you teaching? I'm teaching music and magic."

cocosam

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:06 pm
User Image
Margaret looked at the teacher who was talking to her. "Oh, um... I'm Ms. Scott, but you can call me Margaret if you'd rather. I'm teaching Transfiguration." Margaret heard Kate mention her aunt so she added, "Your aunt must be pretty brilliant if you are helping her. By filling in for her, I mean."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:35 pm
User Image

Kate laughed a little. "You might call her that. How nice. Are you from somewhere on the British Islands?"

cocosam

the_cereal_queen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:51 pm
My guess is some where around 2 yrs.

I have been in the past, but last term was unable to sign up for class because I just didn't have time. I can happily say I have more free time now.

Flying Lessons

Professor Heartwood

I think this would be a fun class to teach and it is not often taught here.

My first few lessons will be about the history of the broom, different types of brooms, and how to care for your broom. Then I will have a few rp lessons were I will teach the kids the simple basics of flying; such has kicking off, floating, flying a few feet, and stopping.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Junimaia

I have taught other classes in the past.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Of course!

I am really excited about teaching this class. I have been doing quiet a bit of studying to get me ready to teach to this class.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:07 pm
the_cereal_queen you're approved!
You can create your class, but don't start lessons until Jan. 4

IceeWitch

Tabby507

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:10 pm
User Image
The new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teahcer walked into the staff room and looked round. She had inpected every inch of the castle when she was in school, but had never found a way to enter the staff room. Now at the age of 21, four years after she had left Hogwarts, the sight was dreadfully overdue. It took her a second to realize that ther were other people in the room. "Hello, I'm Frumoasa Soare. I'm here to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts."  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games