Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[+][L-N+][P-UL] ~ SHOUNEN POP - 少年POP ~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Changes To The Thread...
  Read? -YES-
View Results

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 pm
Do you know what you got into
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

SHOU
No escaping when I start .traeh ruoy nwo I ni m'I ecnO

Shou read the new text from Nako as the limo got stuck in a bit of traffic crossing town. Rather than texting back, Shou pressed a button on the auto dialer as he looked towards the dark tinted glass that kept the outside world from peeking in. At these moments, he actually had a small sense of privacy, which he hadn't a clue what to do with at times; living the way he did.

Once the phone was answered, he leaned his head back against the head rest, "Ah, NAKO-san, I didn't know you had a friend in the hospital. Tsk. They certainly didn't let me know you would be out on a visitation. I'll have to talk to the schedulers. Mmmmmm...At the moment, I have a small break. Traffic never seems to understand that my time is money."

He felt the limo lurch forward and listened to Hamu-kun curse under his breath as he pulled out his netbook and hooked up to the wireless to interact with SMASH Studio's network. "I'll reschedule the dinner engagement. Ask NAKO-san if he wants to do an interview with Arena37 next week...and don't forget to tell him about the Charity venue."

Shou's eyes flicked over Hamu-kun and he mouthed, Of course. H.A.M.U.-kun. The frustrated bit lip brought a smile to Shou's face as he continued to speak. His words immersed in the fast paced business that surrounded him, "Sounds like the other members have lost their fire...or maybe they weren't up to the challenge after all. But if they don't wish to work, I've no time for them. Oh yes, my assistant has reminded me of a few events on my books. I've decided to sing at a Charity venue for disadvantaged teens. I'm sure you've heard about it. Since Hikari ya Yami is in disarray at the moment, I could solo it but if you're interested and wish to play the event I'd be delighted to have you. Unless you think Hikari ya Yami would be prepared to take the stage."

He paused long enough for NAKO to answer before putting forth the next line of business, " I've also been requested by Arena37 for an magazine interview. They wish to know what I've been up to and of course about Hikari ya Yami. I'll let you mull that one over because I will have to tell them something. But...if a representative of the band would like to accompany me, I am sure it would be good exposure. However, this is up to you. I've not seen hide nor hair of...mmm....Scott. Not that it matters to me since I've Yamada-san here who can handle my affairs. But it is an inconvenience in regards to Hikari ya Yami. "

-:{------------------------------------------------Cause it’s about to get rough for you
I’m here For Your Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The ring-tone startled Naoko, who hadn't exactly expected a call.
He had expected Shou to read the text and reply back with a text.. or call eventually.
He hadn't expected such an immediate conversation.

Flipping the phone open, NAKO's crystal clear voice rang through to his band's new vocalist.
"Shou-san, you'll have to forgive my lack of manners. I hadn't expected to be visiting anyone in the hospital any time soon." he found himself laughing slightly at the quip about traffic.
Shou really did have a point.

He carefully listened to everything that Shou had to say, most of which actually did sound like a terrific idea.
"As you probably already know," Naoko was talking, standing near the hospital room's window and looking out at the cloudy skies that seemed as if they could erupt at any time. "Scott's been indisposed as of late. He's probably in various meetings with the board over recent events. The interview sound like something I'd love to do, the same with the Charity event. I can't speak for the entire band, though I wish I could, but you can count on me to attend. Just have your, Yamada-san, was it? Have him contact me with the details."

There was a moment of silence along the line, as the musician's amber eyes focused on the detailed landscaping of the hospital grounds from above. "Shou-san... why did you join us?" NAKO suddenly asked. "You've quite the solo career. Why change it?"

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:22 pm
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

SHOU

"Ah yes I do know. It's not acceptable by any stretch, however, I will let the board sort it out before I yank on a few ears." he said with tug to the air. Not that NAKO could see this but Hamu-kun could.

Yamada-san shook his head and made note that he'd have to talk to the board before Shou did. "Please Shou-sama, that is really unnecessary. I'll handle the matter."

"Oh...Ham..." Shou caught the glare as Hamu-kun pointed at the phone. "Yamada-san...alright..alright. I will let you handle it." He chuckled and then returned to the conversation with NAKO, "Yes, indeed. Then, I will have Yamada-san send you all the details of both events. I think that the Charity will be a fine idea and we might be able to use that piece at the Arena37 interview. Mm....yes, I suppose that we can figure out what to do with the rest of the 'band' before next week."

He sighed a little as he heard NAKO's last question and for a moment Shou was just slightly confused. At any given time he was usually quite sure of his reasons for doing certain things but this wasn't one of those. So he filled in the blanks with what any star might, "Ah, Whim I think. I've been solo for awhile and I thought that a change would do me a bit of good. SMASH felt that your band might be a good fit for a time."

He chuckled for a moment as his hand waved the air, still not seen by NAKO-san but of course by Hamu-kun, "Oh, I've not given up my solo career fully and well with things as they are, I'm wondering if there is a 'band' to join. If not, NAKO-san, I'm sure that SMASH would be willing to let you tour with me. No point in having your career flounder if the rest of he crew doesn't shape up. At least, until you have new members."

But then, Hamu-kun was staring out the window and the lightening crashed causing him to jump just a bit. Shou looked up and reached over pulling Hamu-kun to his side. "Daijoubu ka, Hamu-kun? It's only lightning."

"Ah, NAKO-san, it appears we've come into a storm. I suppose that you'll be feeling the weather soon there. I'm guessing that there is no point in trying to meet up today? Is you're schedule free tomorrow?" Shou glanced outside and watched the rain start to pour in buckets and the thunder rolled above. "Such a beautiful melody...."

Yamada-san didn't say much except took a deep breath not at all liking weather one single bit. He closed his eyes and just tried not to think about it even as Shou kept an arm around him.

-:{------------------------------------------------Cause it’s about to get rough for you

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Naoko smirked to himself, already liking Shou's attitude toward work.
They weren't there just for kicks. No... they were there to do a job. To make music.
However, the sudden thought that what the pianist had been working toward... was finished... suddenly crossed the man's mind.
Hayato was found. Wasn't that the end goal for creating Hikari ya Yami?
Did he want to quit, now that he had come so far?
'I have nothing else... there is only the band and Hayato now...' Naoko thought to himself, suddenly feeling a great wave of depression waft over him with the idea that Sai had abandoned his younger brother to the winds.

"If the band refuses to work," NAKO spoke, knowing that this was a very real possibility. "I think I'd like to take you up on that offer. After all, every good soloist needs accompaniment, don't they?"
In other words, Naoko was offering to play the piano for Shou's music. Sure, he may no longer be able to write his own songs, but at least he could play.
"I have connections with a terrific violinist as well, if you may be interested in his talents."

The notion that Hikari ya Yami was going to flounder, was hitting NAKO harder than he thought it would. In fact, the idea made him sick to his stomach.
His first band... Hayato's band... disappearing from the world forever was a sobering thought.
It was also a thought that he truly didn't want to acknowledge...

Standing there, watching the clouds roll in, the pianist paused for a time after Shou's answer. Musicians were notorious for their whims. He had them, he knew that both Ryu and Kai had them.
"We certainly needed an experienced vocalist. I think the pieces I came up with, were a bit daunting for the last singer." Naoko smirked slightly as he said this. "I know of your reputation, though I haven't had the chance to see you perform life, Shou-san. I look forward to working with you."

NAKO could hear the thunder through the phone, and off in the distance, could even see the lightning that probably produced the terrifying sound. "You should get somewhere out of the weather. I'm sure we can meet up tomorrow. My schedule is free for whenever you need to meet, I know you've more pressing matters at the moment than I. I could meet you at the studio or elsewhere, you've but to name the place. I know of a terrific bar for a few drinks if you and Yamada-san are up to that. In the meantime, I'm going to try and get in touch with Scott. The b*****d really does need to start pulling his weight around here."
Scott, was a subject that Naoko was rather passionate about.
Mainly because the man had succeeded in making his life a living nightmare recently...

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:10 pm
User Image

SHOU

"Very well. Then it's settled. If Hikari ya Yami can't make it, then you can accompany me. Yamada-san...Oh mm.. well make a note of that after...ah yes, the storm." He moved just a little and tucked Hamu-kun's head against his chest as Hamu-kun's fingers clenched at his costume when the lightning crashed.

"I'm rather curious about your new lyrics as I took some time this morning to go over several Hikari ya Yami's songs while I was waiting. They were a comfortable range for me, although, I'm sure my style is just a tad different from the previous vocalist." he smirked at the thought but such was the case since he had taken the time to listen to the recordings.

"Oh goodness then you should pull out a few recordings of my recent tour. You'll have to be rather aware of the world around you after you start touring with me though. Such a sweet face as your own would draw my fans' attention. Ah, and well I should mention you on my blog. I wonder what their opinion will be. Mmm....and costuming is important but I haven't decided on the theme I want to use on the next tour...Ah my. Sorry, I could go on and on about preparations. I look forward to working with you as well." Now that would be rather fun to see, he'd put a poll up and a picture of NAKO to get the fans' opinions. Of course, he'd have to express how fascinated he was with NAKO's limber fingers. That would get a buzz! Shou licked his lips at the thought. His fans' energy fueled his creativity. Ah...time to come up with more lyrics!

"A violinist? Mmm...that might work. Is he with SMASH? I'm sure that if he is I can acquire him...if he fits the image. Unless he's under a more binding contract with another group." Shou had to ponder the notion for a moment. He hadn't really considered a violinist but that might be an interesting addition to his Show. He pressed his lips together realizing that the lipstick needed a touch up on return.

"Oh I would if I could but people seem to be at a lost when it comes to driving in the rain. But we are close to SMASH Studios main office now so it shouldn't be long. Mm....a bar? Ah, that might be fun. Is it a quiet place? But the studio might be a good place to meet first. I'd like to go over a few things. How about tomorrow morning then if we've time later in the day, a few drinks at the bar. Although, I prefer non-smoking, if this bar can manage it." He paused briefly and then laughed, "You do that NAKO-san. It might be best if you find...Scott before I do. "

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Laughing lightly, Naoko shook his head as he spoke. "Iie iie, it's quite alright. I find your ideas interesting, to say the least. Although, I take it that means I'll be in costume if touring with you as well, hmm?"

In truth, he liked that idea.
Costumes always made Naoko feel better somehow...
He could cease to be Oumori Naoko and truly be NAKO. He was a different person when on stage, a different feel and a different atmosphere.
In truth, the idea of becoming someone other than himself, always appeared to the pianist.

He smirked, some of his usual confidence returning as he spoke. "Your fans will remain your fans, Shou-san. You'll just be gaining more fans by acquiring mine as well. Besides, you're the main attraction. I just help set the stage for your voice, after all."

Well, that was somewhat true.
Naoko had done piano solos before when with Hikari Ya Yami... and his flying fingers had always made a few onlookers swoon at his ability.

Listening to Shou, somehow, put Naoko's heart at ease in a sense. The musician was easy to talk to, and was a wonderful distraction as opposed to his current situation.
Plus, both himself and Shou were of like mind on many things it seemed.
Already, he knew, that he and Shou would get along fabulously on tour.
Except for one little bitty problem...

"Non-smoking, ne?" Naoko sucked in a breath between his teeth, making a slight hissing sound. "Well, it's not a non-smoking bar... obviously you know I smoke, don't you, Shou-san?" that was an important question. "But we could get a private closed off booth at the bar... and I could simple refrain from lighting up, if it'd make you more comfortable."
Of course, even as he said this, Naoko realized he hadn't had a cigarette since the car... and he was seriously beginning to feel a nicotine fit coming on.

"Meeting at the studio in the morning will be no problem." he continued, hearing another boom of thunder... both from the phone and from outside this time. "I'll bring the new music and lyrics I worked up the other day with me. You might find them interesting."

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Sherlock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 pm
K a i - H i g u r i

Kai listened patiently to Ryu, his curiosity heightening with every second. He still didn't know what had transpired between Ryu and Naoko to cause this. Kai knew that they had talked about what had happened in the alleyway, but Naoko had seemed pretty guilty when he walked off. So why was Ryu the one that was crying? There was something that Kai was sure he didn't know...

"... Besides, no matter what, I know I will be alright."

Ryu had finished. Kai blinked. How could Ryu sit around and be like this? Perhaps it was a statement on how utterly different Kai was from Ryu, but Kai would never love someone and sit idly by waiting for that person to come back. If Kai was ever in love in his life, he'd chase after that person—still in a respectful and gentlemanly fashion, of course. It was just that the idea of sitting by just waiting for someone else to come by and snatch his love off was infuriating. Well, not infuriating, but very annoying.
Kai was about to make his mind known when his phone chimed. Text.

'I told him. He... took it really hard. Then a lot of s**t happened and now... well... I think he hates you even more than he let on before. I wish I was with him but... I have something I have to do right now. Something... more important...'

Kai read it over. Nothing that he hadn't learned from Ryu already. Well, except for the s**t part. And the whole hate thing could have deceived Kai. Well, Kai would have believed it before he came here to see Ryu for himself. Now he was just plain confused. Ryu was being so different that it was pretty startling. That was another thing that Kai had to figure out.

Not really keen on the proximity, since he felt that he didn't know Ryu that well—and because he got the sudden feeling that his manager was in danger, or at least in a very uncomfortable situation—Kai stood up from the chair casually and stood up against the wall next to the door in which he came only about a half an hour ago.
He quickly replied to Naoko's text with a small smile, not sure how Naoko would react to the sudden news.

'... He's sitting right in front of me, spewing his pains and angst out.'

Kai sent that without further explanation. He then flipped closed his phone and placed it back in his pocket.
"Sorry about that," Kai murmured, turning to look Ryu squarely in the eyes.
"Now... Well, there's one thing that I want to tell you." Sure, Kai had questions that he wanted to ask Ryu too, but Kai had seen the time when he had checked the text, and if he was hoping to catch even the slightest amount of sleep before going to meet his manager—professionally, this time—he would have to leave soon. Kai didn't really care much for their business anyways. Whatever happened was between them and them only. Kai had his own problems already—and something in the back of his mind was nagging that he just recently acquired more somehow by way of his manager, though he had no clue what it was. The singer didn't really care to acquire more to think about. There was still Koyasu to think about too...

Kai made sure that he caught Ryu's eyes before he continued.
"I'm sorry that I really do have to go soon, but I really should say something here... Not to be rude, but... How should I put this? You're not being as bright about this as you could be..."
Kai only ever got annoyed and angry at work, and that in itself was rare. But there were certain people that could rub him raw a little, and Ryu was one of them. Kai never liked helpless people who could go help themselves, but are too lazy to or have some other stupid—or what he considered stupid—reason to not help themselves.
"Naoko sure isn't going to come back to you by you just sitting there. If you love him, you should chase after him. Otherwise, how the hell is he ever going to know that you actually give a damn whether or not he's here with you?!" Kai's voice had gotten pretty loud at the end, and he hadn't meant to be that heated up about matters. It was just that he rarely did ever get mad, and when he did, it wasn't pretty. And this wasn't even Kai's anger. He was just annoyed. Helpless people, once again, are his main pet peeve.

A little too worked up to stay, Kai reached for the doorknob next to him. He was also a little terrified about what else he would do or say when he was a annoyed like this. He didn't want to do something he'd regret later on. Perhaps he'd already regret letting his thoughts be known to Ryu later on.
"Anyways, it's getting early, and I have someone whom I promised to meet." His tone was much softer and more understanding, though still a little annoyed.
"I'll leave you to ponder what I've said."
With that, Kai gave a quick parting bow/nod thing and walked swiftly out of the door, not daring a glance back. That parting phrase might have been a little too harsh. Damn it. Kai was regretting things already.

((Total time discrepancies here... Talkin' about the text message, of course. xD
And hooray! This is the first time that Kai's annoyed for real. Congrats, Ryu~))

N a k a i

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm
User Image

SHOU

"Of course, the fantasy must become the reality. And well you have to look the part, NAKO-san." His laughter was returned equally. "Don't worry about the costumes because as soon as your measurements are taken, then the magic begins." Yes, it was practically magic. No one knew who Shou had as the creative genius behind the multitudes of magnificent costumes.

"Oh, I don't know, some of my fans like to root for the other members. It's all a wonderful game. We will put your face on a few pieces of special merchandise and see what they take to. They'll be thrilled to see a new face." His grin broadened as they finally reached the studio. And he watched as the gates started to open for the car to pull through.

"Hai, No smoking. My voice is everything to me and my fans. I'd be cheating them if I were to smoke." He paused for a moment, "You smoke? Oh my. I didn't know. I wouldn't think that of other vocalists right away. Ah, yes, I'd prefer it if you would not. If that is possible when we are at the bar."

Shou released Hamu-kun who was very happy to see the studio even though the rain continued to pour. The man smiled as he watched his assistant start gathering up his netbook and briefcase. "Good, then morning it is. 9 am? Oh I'd love to see the new music and lyrics. Maybe I could give them a whirl. I'm certain they will be interesting. Oh...I think I'm going to lose you soon because the driver is taking us into the garage. NAKO-san, it was a pleasure speaking to you and I look forward to our meeting in the morning."

It was then the limo descended into the private parking and the signal started to go on the phone.

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Naoko couldn't help blushing slightly at the thought of Shou's fans suddenly switching sides.
Possibly.

"Mer... merchandise?" he asked, rather amused by this notion... but completely open to it. "Shou-san, I'd be more than happy to let your fans decide if I'm worthy." he laughed softly, actually thinking it funny.

Then again, he'd heard a thing or two about Shou's fans...
"I'll be there at nine, and I'll be sure to not smoke around you, Shou-san. I can certainly respect your preferences." NAKO smiled as he spoke. "Mata ne." he ended their conversation... mainly because the static from the phone was so bad, it was starting to hurt his ear.

Sighing, Naoko looked down to his cell, only to realize he had a text message.
A text that made the pianist slam his head against the window's glass in frustration.
It didn't hurt, but it did create a 'thunk' sound, and a little smear on the window. He leaned against the glass, thinking for a long moment before replying...

Kai... tell me he's alright. Tell me you didn't make it worse...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 am
User Image

SHOU

As the limo entered the garage, Hamu-kun seemed to liven up just a bit. "So I'm guessing you want to do a blog post tonight? And have me contact merchandising? I am guessing you want to contract another mangaka for the designs for NAKO's chibi?"

"Yes yes, and how about contacting that apparel company? NAKO-san's name as a certain style to it. I'd like to place that on a pair of boy shorts for girls. Mm..and baby doll tees. And we will need a photo shoot together. Mmm....I will have to consider a style for him. Something to make my fans squeal when he's on stage. And looks good behind a piano. Must make use of all his finer attributes." Shou mind started to wander as visions of the next tour started to form within his head. Considering the time it took to prepare, he could expect even a Christmas show....maybe at the Tokyo Dome?

Shou could ramble on and on but then said, "And...we need his measurements because the costumes will have to be special."

"So you're wanting to use that particular 'seamstress' again?" Hamu-kun muttered softly as they entered the building.

"Of course, I can't think of anyone else better." answered Shou as he stepped into the elevator. "I think I'll go make that blog post and set up the poll. Then, go home and maybe hit a club. Since tomorrow I'm spending the day with NAKO-san, I'll be sure not to take anyone home for the evening." A mischievous grin plastered across his lips and winked back at his assistant. "Unless you'd like to go home with me, Hamu-kun."

Hamu-kun rolled his eyes and waved him off. "I've got plans Shou-sama. You're on your own, tonight. So don't get into trouble!" He always did that to Shou but if he didn't the man wouldn't let him get any work done. Shou never believed that Hamu-kun was straight. Even if Hamu-kun said it a million times. Maybe Shou was right...or maybe not. But needless to say, Shou had not been successful in taking his assistant to bed. However, snuggling in storms, that was a different matter all together it seemed. Hamu-kun was a confusing bundle of cute assistant! At least to Shou.

"Alright, Hamu-kun..." smiled Shou as he stepped out of the elevator.

"And stop calling me that Shou-sama." blurted out Hamu-kun from the elevator.

"Yes, Hamu-kun. I will..." Shou smirked as he took another direction down the hall as Hamu-kun was left standing in the elevator as the doors closed; flustered and frustrated!

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 pm

There was something about sitting in a silent hospital room that had Naoko on edge.
Maybe it was because the man who lay unconscious in the bed was someone that, at times, the pianist had mixed feelings about.
On the one hand, he really did love Hayato... and while he wasn't sure if the other man actually loved him, Naoko knew he couldn't live without the dark haired vocalist.
On the other hand however... there was a twisted side to Hayato that scared the young man.

After having sent Nakai the text message reply, Naoko found that the silence was beginning to get to him.
A silence, of course, that was interrupted every once and a while with a boom of thunder.
Thus...
Naoko sent another text message.
This time however... it was to his one and only brother... Sai...

Sai... gomen nasai. I didn't want to make you mad. I... I have to know... are you alright?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:39 pm
Ryuukaze

User Image
“I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.”

Finding himself staring at an empty doorway, Ryu hung his head, his hair falling over his eyes, the locks shimmering softly in the moonlight coming in from his bedroom window. Slowly, as it sank in, Ryu began to laugh, a mix between the laughter of the mad, and an absolute happiness one only finds in a sudden realization.
"Well played, Kai. You're absolutely right." the vocalist smiled to himself.
With a good deal of effort, Ryu managed to wheel himself quietly out of his room and down the hall a bit, to the front door where a pair of crutches were standing for when he was well enough to start using them. Hoisting himself up, Ryu managed to get on the crutches, and prepared to leave.
"What on earth do you think you are doing, Ryuukaze-san?" the hired nurse nearly shrieked, having been woken up by the noise that all the clamoring about had made.
"Gomen nasai, pretty face, but I have an angel to go capture." Ryu winked as he managed to shuffle out into the hall and just catch the elevator down. The nurse simply stood and stared, a faint blush on her cheeks.
Yeah, this was crazy. Ryu was well aware. But...Nakai was right. He was an absolute idiot if he really thought it were ok to just sit around and do nothing. So what if he were weeks away from being well enough to really use these crutches and venture out on his own? Sure, the pain was intense, but at that second it paled in comparison to the pain he wound feel if he just let Naoko slip away.

“For Love is Immortality.”

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:36 am
What a shock, it was so surprising,
You looked so small and frail------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

Izzy Lucky
At times life can be so enlightening .uoy no nrut nac ti tuB

Izzy Lucky's day was shaping up to be an interesting one. So far he had planned out the busy day for Nakai and was certain that by the end of it they would heading in the right direction. He had set up a bit of time with a tailor he knew named Niki. Sending off the measurements he found in Nakai's file early, he was certain that Niki could come up with a variety of looks for them to evaluate.

Actually, he was just a little bit excited to go to Niki's studio with Nakai because he was rather fond of seeing his stars all dressed up. Nakai was a very handsome man and for Izzy it was a voyeristic opportunity to watch his star try on a variety of fine clothes. The thought made Izzy' cheeks blush while his lips took on glowing smile. Of course, he could never tell any of his stars about these interesting fantasies but he could enjoy them as they occurred.

But soon, he had to focus on another issue while he waited. His fingers worked over the keyboard of his computer with frustrated taps. He couldn't get into Narcissus' studio time nor could he access the various events, finances or other things that he needed to start reviewing. He picked up his phone to called Asato-san about the matter but then...he heard another phone.

Pausing, he recognized the ring immediately...Chiyou. He almost didn't want to pick it up considering he had a vague idea of what the young star wanted but...if he didn't answer, he knew he'd get another call. "Moshi, Moshi. Izzy desu."

"AH! Izzy-san! Where have you been. I've called 3 times and you've not returned my calls." said the cheerful young man's voice on the other end.

"Chiyou-kun, it's nice to hear from you but you know I've been reassigned to Nakai and now Narcissus as well. So I've been really busy. I know you've already heard because its been all over the news this morning." Izzy kept his voice steady but firm knowing that this conversation probably wouldn't stay pleasant for long. Even though he cared about each of his stars including his former ones, Chiyou had issues.

"I know and I'm kind of upset because I wanted you to manage me again, Izzy-san. I don't like this senior manager nor his assistants. If you can handle Nakai and Narcissus why couldn't you take me back as well? I don't know why you chose that a**, Narcissus anyway. He's no good for you, Izzy-san. He's as bad as his name from what I've seen and heard."

"You shouldn't talk like that Chiyou-kun. Narcissus is the grandson of the Chairman. I...I couldn't take you back because you've already been reassign to a senior manager." answered Izzy with a inward feeling of frustration because this had been explained to Chiyou time and time again.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE REASSIGNED! I WANT YOU." yelled Chiyou angrily into the phone then slammed a fist against the wall grinding it in afterwards.

Izzy jumped just a hair in his chair and was thankful that Chiyou couldn't see his reaction over the phone. He tried to keep posed while talking and hoped that it would settle Chiyou down, "Chiyou-kun, you've not been drinking again have you?"

"N..No." was the response which Izzy knew was a lie.

"Chiyou-kun. We went through therapy once for this and you said you were going to remain sober." The slightly sick feeling hit Izzy's stomach knowing that was the case since Chiyou's career had been sliding. While he spoke with Chiyou, he jotted down a note to call Chiyou's staff and make sure they took him back to rehab...again.

"It's hard to stay away from the drink with all the parties and people around! You know that Izzy-san! I was ok when I was with you."

This was the area that bothered Izzy the most. Being a manager to a younger star often meant being a mother. And with Chiyou, that had been a full time job as the boy blossomed into a young man. But as a star, Chiyou had access to drink and other...bad habits. This had made Chiyou considerably difficult for Izzy. While he tried very hard to save the boy, it was almost impossible to keep him from addictive temptations except by being there 24/7. Which for a time had worked and rocketed Chiyou name. "Chiyou-kun, you have to take some responsibility for your own actions. I can't be there all the time. You knew I could get reassigned and you know you shouldn't be drinking. I'll talk to your manager so you can get help but Chiyou-kun, you must stop being so obsessed with me and work on your problems."

"I'm not obsessed!" And from there the conversation went on until Izzy looked up at the clock and realized it was almost 9:45am. Nakai would be arriving soon.

"I've got to run, Chiyou. Nakai is here." Ok so that was a lie. Nakai wasn't there quite yet but, either way it allowed him to hang up the phone.

Afterwards, Izzy got up and went to the bathroom to wash off his face and stare at the mirror for a moment. He worried about Chiyou's issues so much when he was his manager and that is why he tried to distant himself from the boy afterwards. But now, he had to get a grip on his world before meeting Nakai.

Think happy thoughts! And the first things that came to mind were - Nakai and Narcissus. But when his mind focused on those happy thoughts, his personal fantasies about his stars crept in again. He could imagine the silky clothing slipping off of Nakai's strong shoulder as if performing some sexy strip tease during the tailor's session today. He squeaked once and covered his mouth realizing that he probably shouldn't think about Nakai that way. So his mind suddenly placed Narcissus in the same...sexy situation. NOT FAIR!! Why did his stars both have to be so drop dead gorgeous!?

Finally, he left the bathroom and headed back to his office after a short bit of quality time in a private stall. He was on time...barely. Was Nakai?

-:{------------------------------------------------I didn't know what to do
I grabbed the tiger by the tail!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:27 pm
What a shock, it was so surprising,
You looked so small and frail------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

Izzy Lucky
At times life can be so enlightening .uoy no nrut nac ti tuB

But after Izzy returned he hadn't even got into his doorway when the storm of phones started ringing. One of the light riggers for Nakai's studio practice had fallen from the above catwalks! Izzy left a note with the secretary close by to watch for Nakai as he raced to the scene. Things seemed to go from bad to worse as the sirens rang and suddenly there was an ambulance and paramedics racing to the victim.

It was then that Izzy had a runner go back to the secretary and give her the schedule to make sure Nakai would make his intended appointments even if Izzy couldn't make it himself.

Even as Izzy arrived, he knew he'd be in for an even longer day. Nakai didn't need to be here for the swarm of reporters asking about how this happened. And of course some of them wondered if Nakai had been around for the accident!

It was fortunate for him that the stage room had not been the first stop on Nakai's schedule for today. But now, Izzy was certain he wouldn't be having time to see Nakai. Although the secretary in his department was competent enough to make sure that Nakai would get through the appointments he had established.

As Izzy started fending off the questions while the Rigger was hauled off in the ambulance, he had to wonder when he and Nakai would get a moment to work together. It seemed like misfortune was following him today!

(( This post is a bridge so we can move on towards the evening and get the RP going again while Gal is busy. Feel free to come back in when you're back Gal. ))

-:{------------------------------------------------I didn't know what to do
I grabbed the tiger by the tail!

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:39 pm
Izzy finally showered and flopped down on his bed. It was so good to be home and today had hardly been productive. And, for some reason he couldn't make any progress with Narcissus' studio time or anything. The computers had given him only limited access to do anything regarding Narcissus. He wondered if it had something to do with Koyasu-san position in the company. It was frustrating and he had attempted to reach out to get the problem solved but no one returned his calls.
But...those problems were ones he would set aside for tonight and instead focus on getting a good night sleep so he could make an early start of tomorrow. However, even as he reached over to turn off the light, the next issue of Be Boy Gold tempted him to read just a couple of pages of "You're my Love Prize in the Viewfinder." He smiled a bit as he watched Takaba run away from Asami one more time only to find his apartment had been emptied out. Izzy laughed as he rolled over on his back and tucked himself into the comforter wondering when Asami would reel the journalist back in.

~ ~ ~

It was a simple knock.
Three times on the door.
Of course, to Koyasu Akihiko, this knock meant the world. He had to play his part... had to act as if nothing were wrong at all.
Acting...
Everything was an act and he knew it.
Inside he was frustrated, scared, hurt, cold... you name it, he felt it.
But the musician swallowed all those feelings and put a smirk on his face. He pulled his usual, narcissistic self up from the depths of his soul and displayed his stage name for all to see.
And that all, right now, happened to be Izzy Lucky.
So, when Narcissus came knocking on the manager's door, nothing seemed out of place.
At least vocally.
The ear wouldn't pick up on anything wrong with the young man.
The eye on the other hand, wouldn't be as gentle.
White coat, with a few blood stains, hung around him like a shield. He was drenched from head to toe, thanks to the storm raging outside... but those things paled in comparison to the deep purple bruise under one eye and the cut along his temple.
Upon a more intimate inspection... one would notice severe bruising of the ribs and back.
Thus, Akihiko stood there, ready to answer Izzy Lucky's voice, should it come from the other side of the door.

~ ~ ~

Izzy looked up from the book and listened, "Who'd be knocking at this hour? Good grief. Well work would call...and I'm not saving the neighbor's cat tonight. Geesh." He dragged himself up out of bed and set down the yaoi not bothering to throw on clothes because he didn't plan on opening the door. Walking out of his bedroom he called out. "Miko-san, I'm sorrry but I am not able to help you tonight...please look for your Neko by the trash cans."
He prayed she'd get the message that he didn't want to be disturbed. Even he needed a good night sleep every now and then.

~ ~ ~

"Saving cats on your days off, Izzy-san?" came Akihiko's smooth voice from the other side of the doorway. "I did pass by the trash earlier... and there was quite a fat neko digging around in the bin. Wonder if he's in danger." even as he spoke, knowing that the other man couldn't see him, Narcissus was smirking. "You might want to open the door and go to his rescue, ne?"
Without giving his manager the time to adjust to that train of thought, the musical prodigy continued speaking. "Seriously though, Izzy-san, aren't you going to invite me in? We could... finish our talk from earlier, you know."
That was said with JUST enough sex appeal tacked into the word endings, to make it sound like the sexiest talk in the WORLD would happen if he just let Narcissus in.

~ ~ ~

Izzy hung his head as soon as he heard the voice. "I'm sure Miko-san would probably like to know but I'm a little indisposed right now, Narcissus" He didn't want to open the door in just his underwear because god only knew what Narcissus might think. He shook his head and yawned, "Umm..its late and I'm tired. You know even your manager needs sleep. I'm not prepared for visitors at the moment. If this is about work, catch me at the studio in the morning." He said it firmly but politely. It was rather unreasonable that Narcissus would come at this hour anyway. Didn't the man have any clue...well of course he did. That's why he came at this time. Narcissus like to unsettle people and Izzy knew that.

~ ~ ~

Rolling his eyes, Narcissus refrained from scoffing at the comment. "Let me guess... you're in your underwear?" he asked through the door, his smirk firmly in place. "Not only that... but you're probably very 'busy'," he said, adding emphasis to that last word. "With a little after hours... entertainment."
Okay, so he didn't REALLY know if that idea was true or not, but it certainly was something that the young Koyasu would insinuate.
"Come on, Izzy-san... how about a night cap at the very least? I came all this way..." Akihiko spoke sweetly, though there was an obvious fake sound to the tone.

~ ~ ~

"If I am you shouldn't be thinking about it, Narcissus. It's late and I've no time for night caps. You should have called before you came if you really needed to talk to me. I would have told you to wait until tomorrow." Oh he caught some of the mischief behind Naricissus' words and at times, he was tempted especially after reading some of his yaoi but still....he was his manager and there was the difference. But even so, that fake sweet tone told him that Narcissus had something up his sleeve. But luckily the door was a good barrier between them. "Go Home, Narcissus. I will be at work by 7 am. We will talk then."
He turned on his heels and started heading back towards his room. Didn't seem to have a good reason for being there so he wouldn't take any chances with his intentions. Not tonight...and not in his underwear.

~ ~ ~

Rubbing his eyes, Narcissus was sorely tempted to call after Izzy.
Maybe if he begged him?
'I'm not some weak little fool!' he thought angrily to himself.
But then, of course... the musician had nowhere else to go. He couldn't very well sleep in the man's hallway.
Turning on his heel, Akihiko strode out of the complex and SOMEHOW managed to find a nice sheltered spot across the street on a bus stop bench. He sat down, headi in his hands, trying to come up with something... anything...
With a sneeze, his blue eyes focused on the downpour from above, glad for the bus stop overhang.
At least until a passing car doused him with a fresh coat of muddy rainwater as it drove by.
Akihiko ran a hand over his face, getting the mud out of his eyes before pulling his knees up to his chest.
Only to find that such a motion hurt... a lot.
Wincing, the musician moved off the bench, since he had been splashed for a second time, and moved to sit against the wall of one of the building's across from Izzy's place. At least this way, he could stretch out his legs and lessen the pain... somewhat.
Sneezing again, Akihiko pulled his coat up, trying to use it to shield his neck and face and ears from the rain.
But the rain slipped past, soaking him to the bone once again in no time flat.
"This is ridiculous..." Narcissus hissed angrily, "I've got more money than any other entertainer in this damn country and I'm stuck sleeping in the rain on the street!"
His hatred of the Chairman was growing with each moment.
Yet another sneeze stopped that train of thought.
He was beginning to shiver slightly, a movement that hurt his ribs and back severely, sending a burning shooting pain through his nerves. Wincing, Akihiko tried not to think about it... tried to think about anything BUT the pain...
The rain...
How miserable he was...
How cold...
How tired...
Before Akihiko realized it, he fell into an unconscious state, sitting against the brick wall.
And the rain continued to pour down...

~ ~ ~
He heard the footsteps walking away and for that he was thankful. Narcissus would surely drive home or go find some club to hang out in all night long. It was the nature of the beast. He crawled back into bed and was finally snuggling in for the night and after about 15 minutes he was close to falling asleep. But suddenly, the crazy crashing of thunder and lightening shot him straight up out of his bed like a cannon while the rain started to pour in buckets. It sounded really bad out there and Izzy got a little nervous. Thunderstorms of this magnitude scared him and he had hoped ot have been well asleep before the heavy downpour.
Although he wondered how long the storm was going to last and slipped out of bed yet again and turned on the tv. While the LCD lit up, Izzy pulled aside the blinds that hung by the looking glass ceiling to floor window that was in his living room. It always gave a good view of he city and the street below.
As he peered out the window, the announcer piped up about the major storm system and how their might be flooding on low level areas. But then the lightening crashed in the middle of the words and the power flickered. In that moment, Izzy noticed down on the street....A white coat and someone laying in the bus stop.
He blinked as the lightening flashed again. "Koyasu-san?" He had to press against the glass a few times just to catch a few more flashes from the night sky. "Why is he??? Oh no....." he gasped and ran across his loft. Racing to the closet he grabbed a rain coat then an umbrella. Throwing on the rain coat, he opened the door leaving it unlocked, and raced down the back stairs rather than taking the elevator.
Running out into the street in the pouring rain with his umbrella being torn away by the wind, he raced over to the bus stop to find Narcissus, "Oh my god! Koyasu-san!" He leaned over the unconscious man and tried to wake him but to no avail. Reaching down he dragged Narcissus up and in the heavy rain tried his best to carry the man into the building.
Eventually, he leaned against he wall and waited for the elevator and after a ride up a few floor he was able to get the man into his suite. "I can't believe this is happening. Who beat him up?!"
He should have called the police or an ambulance but either would bring a million spectators and press. And in this storm, he didn't know if an ambulance would make it to his location.
Izzy carefully undressed Koyasu-san and started cleaning up his wounds one by one, "Why didn't you just tell me you were hurt!?" he muttered under his breath swearing he'd tell Narcissus a thing or two when the man was awake enough to be aware.
After washing all his injuries, Izzy carried the man into his own bedroom and gently placed him on it. It couldn't be helped at this point.

~ ~ ~

Being unconscious had it's perks.
For one, you didn't exactly feel pain when someone was disinfecting your cuts and bruises.
For another, you couldn't exactly sneeze.
Of course, if you were unconscious... there was an entirely new barrel of problems one had to deal with.
And the main problem that was glaringly obvious... was that Akihiko couldn't exactly tell Izzy what was wrong.
Once Izzy had successfully peeled away Narcissus' tight clothing and finished dressing the wounds themselves, the young Koyasu began to show signs that he might wake up.
Especially once he was laid out in Izzy's bed.
Wincing, the musician didn't open his eyes, but he did speak softly, "Sore ga kouhei ja nai..." (((This isn't fair...)))
That whispered sentence was an obvious indicator that Akihiko was conscious again... though perhaps no quite coherent in his thinking.
Narcissus' body was shivering slightly, a high fever causing the musician to appear paler than usual with flushed cheeks and a slight sheen of sweat glistening on his bare form.
But other than that single sentence, and a bit of tossing his head slightly on the pillow, it seemed like the young Koyasu wasn't going to become fully awake any time soon.
At least, not until his fever broke.

~ ~ ~

Izzy raced around grabbing ice and ice water in a bucket with a smaller towel that he could fold and put on Narcissus...no..right now Koyasu-san's head. He was almost in a panic as he unloaded the refrigerator's ice bin into the bucket and started filling it with the coldest water he could get out of the tap. "If I can't get the fever down, I will have to call the ambulance." he told himself sharply as if trying to convince himself that it was far better to call and deal with the press than to have something worse happen to Koyasu-san.
"Chairman Koyasu-sama will kill me if anything happens to his grandson!" he fretted as he dragged the large bucket into the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed. Immediately, he dipped the towel into the water and soaked it. Then, wrung it out before placing it on Koyasu-san's head.
After he had put the towel into place, he grabbed a couple more and prepared them the same way pressing them to Koyasu-san's wrists where the blood flowed closest to the surface. If the fever didn't break this way, he'd have to put him in his tub with ice and cold water. But as he sat there, he heard Koyasu-san speak for a brief moment. "No, its not fair...but you've not made anything fair for anyone as far as I've known." Izzy sighed then realized he was still in a wet raincoat himself...and...just his underwear.
That panic hit him again but then he realized that Koyasu-san was still unconscious. He'd never know! With that came a small sigh of relief as Izzy stripped off the rain coat and hung it into the bathroom to dry. He returned momentarily with a thermometer and carefully stuck it into Koyasu-san's ear trying to figure out his next course of action.

~ ~ ~

Of course, Akihiko didn't hear Izzy's distress, or the man's answer.
Or did he?
"Where... am I...?" the musician whispered before carefully opening his eyes.
They were tiny tiny slits, but there was a blue beneath the lashes. A darkly deep blue which reflected the pain and fever he felt.
When Narcissus realized that Izzy was sitting beside him, the musician closed his eyes again and licked seemingly parched lips. "I... thought you didn't want me here..." the young man whispered, glad for the cool relief of the cold cloth on his forehead and wrists.
It felt divine... even though he was shivering.
Akihiko knew he was sick, badly sick, but he wasn't quite ready to admit it.
At least not yet.
Of course, he hadn't noticed Izzy's earlier state of dress, nor had he yet noticed his own state of... undress...

~ ~ ~

"You're in my Loft, Koyasu-san." said Izzy slowly but loud enough to be heard. Pulling out the thermometer, he read the digital display. "You've got a fever and a lot of cuts and bruises. If I can't get the fever down, I'll call for an ambulance." He wanted to assure the man that he'd make sure everything would be ok. Even Narcissus, as awful as he was at times didn't deserve poor treatment as sick as he was.
"I didn't know you were injured. I couldn't see you outside the door and you sure didn't act like you 'needed' my help. If you would have just been honest with me..." he paused deciding not to scold Koyasu-san any further. Now was not the time. "Everything will be alright. Just relax."

~ ~ ~

Laughing darkly, Akihiko kept his eyes closed, even as the slight sound made him cough.
Once his coughing fit ended, the man shook his head, "Would you've listened to me?" he asked, that smirk still in place. Blue eyes opened to focus tiredly on Izzy. "Nothing's alright... though, I... I guess you haven't watched... much tv, have you?"
By this, he was referring to the reports in entertainment news... about Asato Hiroki... and about how Narcissus' tour had suddenly been canceled.
The rumors that Akihiko was the black sheep of Ohayou were flying all around the media.
But the musician's blue eyes remained fixed, slits as they were, on his manager. "It appears..." he whispered, his voice bordering on exhaustion... with a hint of frustrated remorse. "This angel has fallen to hell..."

~ ~ ~

"If you had said you were injured, of course I would have listened!" Izzy answered with exasperation in his voice. "I'm your manager! Rather than trying to trick me into opening the door, you should have just told me what happened." He re-wet each cloth putting them into place again and sighed just a little totally forgetting how he was dressed.
"No...I've not watched the news because I was mostly dealing with Nakai's needs today. I figured we could go over your schedule tomorrow but I couldn't gain access to your schedule or your files at the company. I thought I would...address them in the morning but..." he stopped and considered Koyasu-san's words a bit more closely. Why would anything be all over the media??
Rather than ask Koyasu-san, he got up quickly and walked into the living room then poked around on his laptop for a couple minutes to see the headlines, which caused Izzy to pale and blink. " WHAT?!" His voice became shrill for a moment then settled into a closed mouth stare.
He swallowed as he realized if what was in the news was true, then all those plans he had just made were completely ruined. Walking back into the bedroom he sat down again and tilted his head just looking at Koyasu-san trying to envision how he fell so far but maybe that wasn't too hard to figure out considering how things had gone with the man recently.
"So, Koyasu-san, do you even have a place to stay right now?" he asked softly hoping that things weren't that bad...and dreading the possibility that they might be.

~ ~ ~

Hearing that shrill shriek... would have made Akihiko laugh at any other time.
But given the fact that he felt like crap... AND that the shriek had to do with his own current stardom situation... it wasn't as humorous as it would have been otherwise.
"You're not even going to ask why?" Narcissus spoke, watching Izzy for a long moment, carefully gauging his own response.
In truth, he hadn't anticipated that his manager would ask if he had a place to stay.
That, in itself, was a bit more than he'd hoped for.
Sighing, Akihiko closed his eyes, relaxing into the bed in exhaustion. "If I did... why would I have tried to sleep... in the bus stop?" he asked softly. "Why would I... have been beaten up by an Ohayou bodyguard?"
It was obvious that the young Koyasu didn't exactly trust Izzy.
Or did he?
That notion in itself was confusing to the man. He felt like he could trust his manager... but then again... he'd never exactly trusted anyone before.
Well... maybe his grandfather... and well, look at how that turned out.
"You're my manager on paper only." the musical prodigy replied. "The Chairman's shunned me, cut off my funds, everything's gone. I'm not a star anymore. Your only priority now is Nakai."
He hadn't meant for his voice to sound so damned dejected... but in truth, he couldn't help it.
Akihiko's mask was falling, thanks to the fever, and every second that he spoke, the man knew, it was slipping further and further away so that soon it would shatter to pieces on the floor.
Try as he might, he couldn't pull himself together... he couldn't be the Narcissus that Izzy knew, hell that everyone knew, because in that moment... he was simply Koyasu Akihiko.

~ ~~

Izzy shook his head, "I could ask you why, but you're sick and I'm more worried about your health than whatever mess you've gotten yourself into." His shoulders slumped just a hair because he was a wee bit tired but tried not to let that show.
Maybe he had already guessed the answer even before Koyasu-san had spoken, but truly a small part of him didn't want to believe that all this had happened. It was only the day after he had been given such a fabulous opportunity! But still, such was his Luck lately. So that's how he got beaten up, Izzy thought to himself as he looked the man over. "Mmm...you're still my star, Koyasu-san. Even if you're not funded like before." he said slowly trying to be comforting while hearing the dejection in Koyasu-san's voice.
He was uncertain of the future and a little worried about his next words but he couldn't just toss his star out on the streets without a place to go. "Alright, you can stay here with me, Koyasu-san. I don't have a big place...or a spare room but I've a couch you can sleep on until we figure out what to do."

~ ~ ~

For a long time, Akihiko didn't know what to say.
He had asked everyone he knew for a place to stay... and everyone had turned him down.
Even Hiroki... who, in the musician's mind, was still partly to blame for the current situation.
And now...
The only person who would accept him...
Was a person who he had done nothing but annoy and embarrass...
Something within Akihiko told the young man, that if he didn't explain what had happened... well...
How could he comfortably stay in Izzy's apartment, and the man be blissfully unaware of what had transpired.
"I screwed Hiroki..." Narcissus whispered, keeping his eyes closed. "Or rather, vice versa... but I tricked him into it. I bet that I could get you as my manager..." his voice dropped slightly, blue eyes opening to look at Izzy.
There was a hint of regret in that gaze, and anyone could tell that admitting this was really taking its toll on the singer.
"I won the bet... that Hiroki had to do anything I asked. So... I asked for a night with him... the man's damn gorgeous..." sighing, Akihiko looked away, unable to hold Izzy's intense gaze during this sudden admission. "I hinted that I'd drugged his wine... I hadn't exactly expected him to... well... get that pissed... at least not pissed enough to take me down... literally..." sighing, he closed his eyes again. "I was testing him, Izzy..." Akihiko's voice took on a slightly far off tone. "I wanted to see how deep his loyalty to the company was... I... didn't want to take over a company without someone I could really rely on... and I thought his loyalty was only to ojiisan..."
Trust issues were, probably, one of the young Koyasu's biggest problems.
He had no qualms when it came to jumping in bed with someone else... but to rely on another person for anything... well... it went against his nature.
He was raised to do everything on his own, no help from anyone... and in Akihiko's own twisted mind... he was scared of letting someone else help him.
Scared of letting anyone close enough that he'd have to trust them...
"I tested you and it turned out fine..." Akihiko continued. "I tested Hiroki and... well... he became ojiisan's new front runner for succession while I was literally tossed to the curb..."
During the time he spoke, Narcissus' hands were clenched into fists, his anger over the situation evident. But it was the tone in the man's voice, the way his eyes didn't quite seem to be as cunning or shrewd as they had been before, that were some of the tell-tale signs that the man was on the verge of breaking.
Still, he hadn't given Izzy an answer.
How could he?
Akihiko wasn't about to say 'yes' to shacking up with his manager... without giving the man ample warning of what he was dealing with.
Laughing darkly, the musician moved his left hand until his arm was covering his eyes, the wet cloth slipping from his wrist. "I'm a sex-crazed by-product of a defunct childhood who just happens to have a narcissistic complex... how can you even suggest I stay here?"
In other words, he was seriously wondering if Izzy Lucky wasn't afraid of the sometimes overly dominant musician.
But he was also asking, subtly, if the man really meant it.

~ ~ ~

"So that's how it happened." Izzy finally said after sitting there so quietly just listening to every word. He kept a calm mask on his face while internally he was shocked. It was rather surprising to say the least. Ok, maybe not so surprising from the rumors abound but still, it did take his breath away for a short time. His new position had been all part of a bet...and a very sad situation. "I don't know Asato-san that well, but I think anyone would have felt a bit of desperation in that situation." Pausing for a moment, he reached over and re-wet the clothes and put them back into place.
"You're methods of testing are rather extreme, Koyasu-san. I can understand how Asato-san might have felt. If a person's worth only comes from your tests rather than their previous actions, that really does give you much to go on even for a future leader. You tested me...and you said I came out fine but when you left, I wasn't fine. It took my Nakai to pick up my spirits and make me realize that I'd somehow figure out how to deal with your actions." He ran his fingers through his hair and trying to think of the right words to say then he reached forward and spread out the fingers of Koyasu-san's hand.
"I can't change you...no one can change you but you. It sound like you know what your problems are so its up to you to decide whether you'll let them control you or you control them. I did think about your personality when I thought about offering you a place to stay. But, I am your manager and I did sign that contract...and well you're still my star. How can I do any less?"
He smiled a little as he pressed the fingers straight, "Just expect to sleep on the couch tomorrow."

~ ~ ~

Akihiko's fingers curled over Izzy's own, gently holding onto that hand.
He didn't say anything... what could he say?
Izzy Lucky hadn't abandoned him like the rest of the world had...
Even when he'd made his manager's life miserable over the last day...
Exhaustion swept over the musician, his grip on Ruki's finger's eventually giving way as a sort of restless sleep fell over him.
As Akihiko drifted off, his fever seeming to lower just a tad, he couldn't help but be relieved.
And to him... a couch suddenly sounded like a five-star hotel suite...
"Ari... gatou..." Narcissus whispered.
His arm slipped from over his eyes, revealing something that no one had ever seen before...
The dried tracks of a few spent tears.
Though if they were out of anger, frustration, disappointment, or relief... one couldn't tell.
Sleeping, the musician looked far less dangerous than he was when he was awake. His cheeks were still flushed, his fever still present but nowhere near as bad, thanks to Izzy's careful ministrations.
'He's my manager...' Akihiko thought to himself as he drifted to sleep. 'He really does give a damn...'

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games