Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:35 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
How does one tell if a so-called Wiccan group is "legit" or not?
Ask for a means by which you can get a vouch.

Not quite sure I follow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm
I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not.

I don't like Porcelain dolls so much, I've never really liked them from the beginning.

I've heard things about how porcelain dolls hold souls or spiritual energy, So my question or rather questions are.

Is there really any religious or supernatural significance with dolls?, Do dolls have souls from the beginning of creation?, Does Animism play a role in any of this?, Or are the rumors that dolls can hold or have souls or spiritual energy simply not true?  

FinalFantasy22222

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:01 pm
ShadowCatSoul
TeaDidikai
ShadowCatSoul
How does one tell if a so-called Wiccan group is "legit" or not?
Ask for a means by which you can get a vouch.

Not quite sure I follow.

Proof of their lineage to either Gerald Gardner, one of those in his original coven, or to the New Forest Coven.

At least that is my understanding of a vouch.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 am
Evolutionay Gothik Theory

I've heard things about how porcelain dolls hold souls or spiritual energy,
Heard what things from who and where?
Quote:

Is there really any religious or supernatural significance with dolls?,
Historically there are forms of magic tied to sympathy with an image that can look human.

Quote:

Do dolls have souls from the beginning of creation?,
How are you defining soul?
Quote:

Does Animism play a role in any of this?,
To the extent than Animism would play any role in a commentary on if an essence exists within an object...  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 pm
I think I got one of my own.

I read a lot of things, and look up a lot of things, but I think I need it to be put in idiot-speak for me to finally solidify in my mind the clear differences between orlog, wyrd and hamingja. Half the time it feels like I got it, and then I'm like "But wait... did i just mix them up again.

Halp. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:23 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

I read a lot of things, and look up a lot of things, but I think I need it to be put in idiot-speak for me to finally solidify in my mind the clear differences between orlog, wyrd and hamingja. Half the time it feels like I got it, and then I'm like "But wait... did i just mix them up again.

Halp. gonk

Simple English:
Hamingja- Family Luck (for good or ill)
Orlog - The principles by which the universe runs
Wyrd- How those principles manifest

If Orlog is the loom, the foundation of what is and how what is works, then Wyrd is the pattern upon the loom and Hamingja are the threads, which are reinforced, loosened or turned by our choices. [/Tea's Basic Understanding]  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Halp. gonk

Simple English:
Hamingja- Family Luck (for good or ill)
Orlog - The principles by which the universe runs
Wyrd- How those principles manifest

If Orlog is the loom, the foundation of what is and how what is works, then Wyrd is the pattern upon the loom and Hamingja are the threads, which are reinforced, loosened or turned by our choices. [/Tea's Basic Understanding]
Aha, it's Orlog and Wyrd I keep mixing up, especially since the last time I was explained them it had a lot to do with the confusing concept of the present affecting the past and vice versa.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm
Teadidikai
A friend mentioned it.

Quote:
Historically there are forms of magic tied to sympathy with an image that can look human.

Which forms of magic would these be?

Quote:

Soul = Everyone has a soul that is occupying a body for a period of time, Not necessarily human either, The soul leaves what it is occupying at death. Then this soul goes to an afterlife or reincarnates, I'm unsure with which.

Quote:
To the extent than Animism would play any role in a commentary on if an essence exists within an object...
Okay.  

FinalFantasy22222

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm
Teadidikai
A friend mentioned it.
Who is this friend, just some regular person or some sort of expert?
Quote:

Quote:

Voodoo dolls jump to my mind.
Quote:

Quote:

Soul = Everyone has a soul that is occupying a body for a period of time, Not necessarily human either, The soul leaves what it is occupying at death. Then this soul goes to an afterlife or reincarnates, I'm unsure with which.
How do objects die?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm
Gho the Girl
Teadidikai

poppets, too, maybe?  

whiporwill-o

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:12 pm
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
Teadidikai

poppets, too, maybe?
What are poppets?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:07 pm
Gho the Girl
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
Teadidikai

poppets, too, maybe?
What are poppets?

from what i understand, they are dolls that are hand-made, usually sewn, and are used to represent a person (sometimes oneself, sometimes another) during spellcraft. similar to a voodoo doll, but not, i guess.

edit: it may just be another word for a voodoo doll for those who do not practice voodoo or hoodoo. i'm not too sure.  

whiporwill-o

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 pm
Gho the Girl
Teadidikai
A friend mentioned it.
Who is this friend, just some regular person or some sort of expert?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How do objects die?

A regular person.

Voodoo, Yeah, I've seen those dolls at borders bookstore that come with a book, I was hoping that there would be some other types of magical systems that don't include Voodoo, Any other types of magic that uses dolls?

hmmm, Objects do not die, maybe the soul forevers stays in the object until it breaks, or something like that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:48 pm
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
Teadidikai

poppets, too, maybe?
What are poppets?

from what i understand, they are dolls that are hand-made, usually sewn, and are used to represent a person (sometimes oneself, sometimes another) during spellcraft. similar to a voodoo doll, but not, i guess.

edit: it may just be another word for a voodoo doll for those who do not practice voodoo or hoodoo. i'm not too sure.
Interesting, But seems very similar to voodoo.  

FinalFantasy22222

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games