Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:20 am
Canals have nothing to do with ship size, seeing as most major wharfs were directly connected to the sea. Though we did win a massive victory over the Spanish armada with only sloops and small vessels, so small in fact that the Spanish fleet could not depress the guns enough to shoot at them from close by.

It also pays off not to give Dutchmen a Letter of Marque, the Spanish were quite upset when national hero Piet Hein captured a large part of the Spanish treasure fleet, resulting in a booty of almost twelve million guilders back then, which amounts to several billion USD in todays currency. More than enough to pay the Dutch army for more than eight months of warring against the other European nations that tried to invade my country, not to mention a lot of happy shareholders who each received a 50% dividend that year.

Right, history lesson over. My question remains, what are the criteria for unlocking my country in Empire: Total War?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:54 am
you just have to beat the game once to unlock all the other countries and I just checked you can play the united provinces right off the bat... you get one territory on each of the three maps. The americas, Europe, and India.. good luck though

btw for those who have played Emipre total war. How do you work the navel ships?! everytime I fight those battles I always lose... even with an overwhelming force?  

GamerChik240

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:20 am
Mac don't be a ******** traitor as well! I thought you said the UK was the only one for you?! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:18 am
It depends doesn't it. I'm 100% British when it comes to Company of Heroes. mrgreen  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:38 pm
Wait a minute, do the British in Empire: Total War have the Congreve rocket?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:32 pm
Everyone can eventually get rocket technology. I'm not sure if the British get anything super special.

I do know, that it would be pretty smooth sailing to be the Dutch. (No pun intended.) They have a good relationship with England, the people like the government style. (It's a Republic)

They have very solid trader vessels. (Fluyt) They own one place in America and one in India, but those are both very close to the areas where you can take over the major trading locations. (Ivory, Spices, Sugar, ect.)

It doesn't matter if they only own 3 area's. They have 3 of the best areas to own, and have a generally good relationship with England and other countries in the area, opening the way to make a very good income via trading until they arm up enough to make a formidible land army.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 pm
Germany has rockets!
as well as percision frilling and Europe is my perma cash cow but again I can't get a navel force across the sea to the americas too many pirates and advice? should I just auto battle?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 pm
Building a large fleet and auto-battling your way through might work.

And no, if I can be the Netherlands, then I will be my own country in such a game. Just like with Age of Empires III, only hopefully without the poor Dutch voice acting. gonk  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:18 am
I like the Dutch acting... makes me giggle
better than british accented Russians though don't you think?
and you would be the united provinces what the Netherlands were before they became the netherlands. but show patience they're working their way up history.. first with rome, then the datk ages and now the industrial revolution... I'm kinda curious how'll they'll do WW1  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:37 am
Trench warfare might be more likened to the siege scenarios of the previous games. I decided to play Medieval 2 for the first time yesterday and it looks okay. I'm guessing that as we move into the 20th century battles will be less massive as big troop formations are becoming a thing of the past.

I do hope the British get to fight the Zulus.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:13 am

To put something new in.

Cave Story

People around the web are touting this as one of the best games ever. I'm not entirely sure about that, but from what I've gotten thus far in the game, it is certainly one of the best freeware games that's out there. Loveable characters, depth of story, etc. If nothing else, it's a fantastic time killer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am
I'm not sure, the only thing the Russians have said for me, was actually Russian...

I think you'll be hear some Dutch. (like, when you give troops orders ect in the battles.)  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:06 pm
I do hope that the units speak old Dutch and not modern Dutch as with Age of Empires 3, that blew.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 pm
Well, I haven't played them, and I'm not sure what the difference is.

So, maybe, but as far as I know. The Total War creators are pretty good with history so.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:49 pm
their very good
my one regret is that I couldn't keep germany the way it is now... half or Russia, and the rest of Europe in an iron grip twisted  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games