Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:46 pm
We got super dungeon explore today, yay! blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:25 pm
Kaori Kapoigne

tell me more! did you meet any dragons? got any good loot? exerienced any funny moments?  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

tell me more! did you meet any dragons? got any good loot? exerienced any funny moments?
Still trying to put together the models, no instructions included! emotion_0A0  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:44 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

Still trying to put together the models, no instructions included! emotion_0A0

eek What heresy is this? surprised  

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:48 am
Just when we were nearly done someone showed us this on-line..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:18 am
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

Going to play it today in erm, 8-bit mode! Dibs on the dwarf and rogue! emotion_awesome  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:11 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

Going to play it today in erm, 8-bit mode! Dibs on the dwarf and rogue! emotion_awesome

Agent Kaori, request report regarding the game quality, compared to eg. Talisman, ASAP!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:16 am
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

Agent Kaori, request report regarding the game quality, compared to eg. Talisman, ASAP!
Never played Talisman.. cat_sweatdrop  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:35 am
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

M'kay, it plays better with more players. Our two games in 8-bit mode saw the two heroes swamped by hordes and hordes of baddies. gonk It also showed us that only certain classes really work, such as the paladin, who managed to win the game on his own after the mage was killed. Spamming kobolds is a winning tactic btw, have those mob a hero, throw a bucket of dice, remove model from play. Its a fun game, but its pretty harsh. emotion_8c  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:48 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Kaori Kapoigne

M'kay, it plays better with more players. Our two games in 8-bit mode saw the two heroes swamped by hordes and hordes of baddies. gonk It also showed us that only certain classes really work, such as the paladin, who managed to win the game on his own after the mage was killed. Spamming kobolds is a winning tactic btw, have those mob a hero, throw a bucket of dice, remove model from play. Its a fun game, but its pretty harsh. emotion_8c

paladins FTW! "Divine wrath in a tin can"

User Image  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:25 pm
We did our two test runs in 8-bit mode, meaning two heroes, two playing tiles, two spawn points and one mini-boss. We were also still learning the rules, sooo, things went a bit different from the par.

In a nutshell the game is played with 2+ players, though it can be played with up to nine players (eight PC's, one Consul, or the player in charge of the monsters). The objectives are to get the treasures, destroy the spawn points and beat the bosses! There are eight hero classes: Paladin, ranger, rogue, mage, warlock, barbarian, fighter and the druid, who can shape-shift into an angry bear. Each class has its own set of special rules, abilities and attacks, which are listed on their cards. All PC's, monsters, loot and treasure comes on a handy card with all their stats and special rules:

All rolls are performed with special coloured dice that come in three colours, each with their own set of pips, symbols and blanks: Blue, red and finally, green. The card tells you which dice you need to roll and how many to perform certain actions. For example, the top card, the Dragon Priest, has an attack roll of two blue dice, an armour roll of one blue and one red die, as well as both a will and a dexterity check of one blue and one red die. Works the same for both the PC's and the Consul.

Speaking of the Consul, he may spawn up to four skulls worth of monsters per turn from one of the spawn points placed on the map. This may be done until there are no more monsters to spawn or until all spawn points have been destroyed. So far all a Consul can spawn are hordes of Kobolds (six types to choose from) and baby dragons (three types to choose from) along with two identical mini-boss kobolds and an evil dragon as mega boss.

Another nice addition is the adventure tracker (top tile):

Here you can put your stacks of loot and treasure cards and keep track of when the loot drops and when the boss spawns. The smaller loot counter advances one grid every time a hero wounds a monster. If the counter lands on a LOOT! grid, that hero gets to draw a loot card. When all players have had their turn the loot counter resets for the next turn. The larger counter on the outer edge advances one grid every time a player or a monster manages to wound what they attack. Every time the counter lands on a skull the Consul gets one extra skull resource to spend on spawning new monsters while hitting the SUPER grid all the way at the end signals the end game stage and spawns the final boss. In our case it spawned the mini-boss, seeing as we played the 8-bit mode.

All in all, the rules are easy to pick up, the game plays fast depending on your opponent(..) and has great re-playability, not to mention a certain party factor that makes it great to bust out for parties and other fun events.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:51 am
Need a new bf who isn't such a company b***h and leaves me whenever the boss calls.. emotion_facepalm  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 am
Van Evok

paladins FTW! "Divine wrath in a tin can"

[img]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r45/ewok40k/dbea97b05963505fa94f8cf2367ecf8f.jpg[img]

Shield I remember, but the armour and sword I do not. surprised

PALADINS!
It´s all about the Hammers. 3nodding

Kaori Kapoigne
Need a new bf who isn't such a company b***h and leaves me whenever the boss calls.. emotion_facepalm

sad Pets-pets and offers a cookie. O<(^.^ )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:12 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Can't always get what you want.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:06 pm
Just obtained around $400 of Magic cards for $230. Victory.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games