Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Justinsanelylucky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Read Lord of the Night, it is all about the night lords...And yes, a Callidus assassin called M'shen was sent to kill Curze, and Curze let the assassin kill him after he said "Oh how the mighty have fallen..." In reference to the primarchs/emperor.
There is no proof of this though because I belive that the assassin was instantly killed by the other night lords in the room, Including Talonmaster Zso Sahaal.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Umm, yes do care to explain, as I remember Konrad was the only one in the throne room, and here is a quote of his when he met M'Shen.
"Your presence does not surprise me, Assassin. I have known of you ever since your craft entered the Eastern Fringes. Why did I not have you killed? Because your mission and the act you are about to commit proves the truth of all I have ever said or done. I merely punished those who had wronged, just as your false Emperor now seeks to punish me. Death is nothing compared to vindication."
and as I said earlier, he let himself be killed, though who knows if he was killed or not as the video feeds had cut off before the fight was finish, but considering he hasn't shown up yet, and as he going to let himself be killed. As he saw himself as a murderous and corrupt villain, the very thing he sought to destroy.
Also considering it was Sahaal that thought the Emperor betrayed them didn't mean he did, as it was his perspective not the Night Haunter.

Syumerrt

Drachyench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:09 pm

The thing is, while some of the parts of the story are undoubtably true (Curze believing he was betrayed, the assassination, etc), there are also parts that are contested (He actually was, the Emperor was the one to send the assassins, Zso was intended to be the leader, etc).

It doesn't help that this was partially caused by the Eldar, who also had multiple chances to stop the Heresy and didn't [The Warning to Fulgrim could have been done much, much better for instance].
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:36 pm

*rubs forehead*Alright, the book was from Sahaal's point of veiw, he believed they were betrayed, as for Curze, sure he may have felt betrayed, though as I remember it wasn't because of the Emperor more of the responses he got when he confided with the other primarches over his homeworld, as I remember the assassins came after the Siege of Terra, the Night lords continued to attack the Emperor instead of fracturing, however, their tactics seemed to change, betraying a self-destructive desperation. The Emperor himself, wishing to disband the Night Lords forever, dispatched half the Callidus Temple of assassins, so really I don't see how the Emperor betrayed Konrad, as the man going to let himself be killed, and like above their tactics speak for themselves, the Emperor didn't need a legion of criminals and murders running about.
Anyways, on a different topic, has anyone read the Deus series, the Blood Angel books?

Syumerrt

Kateryna of Kyiv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:59 pm

I reacently finished reading Guardians of the Forest a npvel about the wood elves. I can't think of the writers name off the top of my head.

So far I was a little let down by the book, honestly I have yet to really read on that i like.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:00 am

just finished fifteen hours. Shweet.

Brother-Chaplain

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Yes, if that one lad had still survive maybe next time he should say feet instead of gut....and if that guy that trained 'em still lived.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:48 am

Anyone else psyched for the new gaunt's ghosts book, Blood Pact?

I've been a big fan of the tanith first, and i think that Abnett did a great job with the chaos baddies. Especially in the novels Traitor General, His last command and Only In Death. It really put some much needed character into the masses of faceless cultists in a universe flooded with stories of daemons and champions.

I always loved the way the dude at my game store made a tanith force by mishmashing the necromunda minis with empire militia, cadian and catachan bits to made a wholly unique regiment. add a few greenstuff cloaks and and all the original tanith minis and you've got an awesome army. All infantry too, heavy weapon support squads with tread-fethers and sniper rifles and the like.

But a whole novel on the blood pact...
I love those khorny bastards. I was even thinking of doing Urlock Gaur and a blood pact entourage using the rules of an inquisitor. Have a few blood pact as stormtroopers and a few crased khornate fanatics as guardsmen. I could even convert a few stalk tanks to use as sentinels. I bet an AT-70 reaver could use Russ rules.

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Scourge the Heretic, just read it for the 3rd time, and I still like it.
It has a slight bit of romance in it, fair bits of action and a pretty good story, although a bit unusual if you catch my drift.
What do you think?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Wait, Blood Pact is all about the Blood Pact, or does Gaunt and the Tanith First show up in the book?

Syumerrt

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:19 am

oh they're in it. It is a gaunt's ghosts book after all, and gaunt is on the cover.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 am

I heard that Stanley Kubrick was interested in making a movie out of the Inquisitor book by Ian Watson whee

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Commissar Hark

Dangerous Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:24 am

Kaori Kapoigne
I heard that Stanley Kubrick was interested in making a movie out of the Inquisitor book by Ian Watson whee

No. Too good to be true. Ian watson let him have an advance copy of the book, and he aranged for GW to send him some 40k stuff and pictures of warp-monsters, but he decided to make Eyes Wide Shut instead.

One of the few filmmakers I'd ever trust to make a 40k movie, too bad he's been dead for years.

With my luck, they'll throw the 40k movie rights to micheal bay.

OH NO! I JINXED IT!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:56 am

Kaori Kapoigne
Sandy Mitchell is a hack. mad
Not really a hack, but he does make a good living out of writing Flashman in space. And he does do a fair amount of format writing, each Cain book has the same plot points, the same remarks, the same flow of the story. Same same same. Even I could write Cain books so predictable are his! Cain is sadly going down the same road as the Ghosts, they were fun when they first started out but is now becoming dull and more (TOO MUCH) of the same. Unlike Mitchell Abnett writes good fiction for the most part to redeem himself, like Ravenor, Eisenhorn, the Horus Heresy and other novels that aren't about the Ghosts. Mitchell has a rather predictable but somewhat entertaining fantasy trilogy to his name and a rather interesting but really slow in pace Dark Heresy series in the making.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:49 pm

Any ways, I know how sex works Brookman. rofl
What I want to know, is how they actually get together, I mean, its not something you hear every day.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games