Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:37 am

Wow. Those...are not painted well. At all. My suggestion: Use much, much less paint on your brush and use a much smaller brush for the fine details and what appears to be an attempt at highlighting.

Or maybe they're just bad pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 am
I've remade Ayame AGAIN for what must be 8th time :/
Oh well, this time she looks like an assassins inspired by the new black library book: Scourge The Heretic (Keira sounds cute razz ) force weapon effects courtesy of Colonel Marbi Chora. Guess what model (plastic model) her body is based off of. biggrin
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Ryoto_X

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 pm

I'm not too sure whether to post this here or not, but it seems to make the most sense.
I am making a custom Librarian, inspired by the piccy of the Librarian in the newest DA codex. So I've got the model all set up like I want it to be, the last part is getting a flaming hand of sorts. I currently have him with a fist with a portion of the Dark Eldar headdress cut to look like flames, then used a bit of green stuff to make it look better. Now I was wondering whether anyone knew of a good tut for making green-stuff fire, since the one on the USA GW site has disappeared with their change of look.
I currently don't have any piccys, but as soon as the weekend rolls around I'll have open access to my mom's camera and what not.
So any good tuts would be very nice. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 pm

I'd say that you'd likely be able to find the greenstuff tutorial on the uk gw site. Its still pretty much the same.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 am
Heroic Senior Officer
Damn...
Here's a link to my DA page. Look through my gallery if you like, it is the Techmarine.
Link
Also, check out my vandalcare assassin. I love the way her conversion came out!
Yes, I mispelled vindicare on purpose...
Lets see, will pics work out now?
I'll try...

just, lol
the gun is HUGE  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:49 am

If it is somewhere on the UK site, which I don't remember it being, I can't seem to find it. If you happened to know where it was under, that would be cool, because it isn't under their general green stuff tut.

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

Aku Kami Kurayami

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:16 pm

So...
Does anyone know of a good tut to use for making green stuff fire?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:04 am
Google it? Seriously.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

explodeyFox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 pm
Right, so I've picked up a tzeentchi/khorne DoC list for fantasy and I wanted to get some input on converting standard bearers for Horrors. I heard using copper tubing (like a really thin pipe or something) would work, though I might use some leftover parts of a Chaos Warriors sprue. Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:32 am
Copper is what I'd suggest, I think they show something like that in the storm of chaos book.  

Shinobi_8745

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:50 pm
A strong suggestion for all Marines, Chaos, Space, or any other "Evil" factions (minus the Space marines you should sue 1 box set of zombies, for bits. Mix in some green stuff and you have a dreadnaught (sp?) marching over fallen imperial guard, a tank with the severed heads of heretics. an ork using the spine and a rotting upper torso to lash those grots to work faster.... oh you get my drift.
oh and I have an old Space marine army (custom army) But they killed a key colour in my arm Imperial Purple. so I scrapped them and joined the Black Templar since it was jsut going from purple shoulders to white... so I ened u pwith a useless librarian I cut off is staffm and trade the rest for Nid bits to one of my friends for him to "ahem" customize I cut off a bit of the staff and its now planted behind my Drednaught.
another thing I discovered was Dark Eldar horns make great decoration on ANYTHING. my Drednaught has two of the bigger lines of horns giving it a golden halo of horns, but a bit of bad painting, letting it crack made it look like it has taken some damage from battles tossing in a broken sattlite makes it look all the more battle raveged.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:30 pm
my last conversion
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

and then I was bored so i made this on my glasses
User Image  

Straygor

13,575 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Tziek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:59 pm
I've just finished assembling my Archon and a Sybarite for my assault warrior squad.

The warriors didn't turn out great, but I'm pleasantly surprised at the sybarite/archon. The sybarite's legs were broken, filed and glued to be standing on the bloodied head of a 'nid gaunt.
He looks bitchin' when pointed at my friend's Tyranids. smile

I made the Archon out of a DE warrior, because to be honest, I can't stand the models out for the Archon/Dracon right now. He's just standing straight, looking forward, holding the bloody head of a Space Marine HQ, with some sort of spiky sword that represents an agoniser. I have a banner in my bitz box that I'm planning to tack onto his back as a sort of trophy or cape. I just dunno what I'm going to do with it yet....

I'll try to get pictures up sometime before this friday?

GamerChik240
Dark Eldar horns make great decoration on ANYTHING.

It's true.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:42 pm
Can anyone give me some tips on how to convert a Russ into a Demolisher varient?I tried using some of my buddie SM tank bits to make it look like a 'Demolisher Mk I', but they just dont fit right....I would be prefer to keep the longer barrel, just so it looks like an older version of the demolisher, so I was thinking maybe get some green stuff and thicken the base of the barrel?

Any tips are welcome  

Teufelhunde

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100

FrostWolf McCloud

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:16 am
my major conversion project has been converting all of my vampires in my vampire count army so that they have wolf tails and ears. For the tails I used the wolf tail talismans from the space marines, but the problem I have run into the the rears, I tried dire wolf(the old model that still has all its fur) ears and those didnt work and those were the only ones I could think of to use. My next project is going to be doing the same thing to my Dark elfs, and if I can manage Id love to do the conversion on a larger scale(if possible the whole army) but Im not sure if it would work

another simple conversion is useing my dire wolves as mounts and useing none vampire models as vampires( the damsels, a choas space marine HQ model, a space wolf run priest) the space wolf I gave him a sword and a extra shield off of my grave gaurd models, so his hands all skeletal. What I also plan on doing is useing models from every army in the game and converting them into some model in my vampire counts army(most will end up zombies or skeletons)

any ideas would be great  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games