Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

akanekun

Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:36 am
Hi everyone, I'm akanekun. Was a little late getting to this thread since I tend to be balancing several things at once (bad habit). Came to this guild as I'm interested in helping out more, and also improving my work and work habits. Working as a designer and artist for a startup now, but I'm not sure if I'll be moving into doing it as my own business anytime soon. Interests lie in drawing/sketching, pixel art and vectors. Nice to meet you all. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:12 pm
Hello folks.

I'm back, I used to be known as Eejbeej. I took a hiatus from gaia (which included quitting all my guilds and getting rid of a bunch of stuff) and have recently come back with a new username.
I think my original introduction is still on the first page somewhere.

Anyway, my name is Ember, I'm 23 and I draw. I'm working on improving so I can do it full time. (I do it part time now)  

Wispered

CaemiPi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:58 pm
Hi, everyone! I'm Caemi(k-eye-me) and I'm new here ^^; I'm not very good with introductions, but I just wanted to say thank you for having me! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:20 am
Welcome!

We're very happy that you've joined up. The guild is slow, but things pick up when we post art as we make it and we're sure to comment on at least 2 or three new threads each day.

Picture Post has gotten so much worse lately; it'd be great if we spent more time here actually helping each other than getting nothing over there.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Neccasaurus Rex

6,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 am
Hi there.
I'm Necca, or Lauren, if you prefer using real names. I'm a junior in high school and I like piƱa coladas and getting caught in the rain...! surprised
I love using emotes. They are my absolite guilty pleasure.
I'm taking acting classes nowadays and hope to be a voiceover artist someday, or a radio DJ.
My most favorite form of art is poetry.

I draw basically in an anime style, which has gotten mounds better since I was eight. I'm now trying to branch out into Disney styles, and even realism, trying to find the best style for me to draw in.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:59 pm
hey im Captain Whoopass but you can call me Captain. I'm 13 years old and just started drawing recently but i don't think I'm that bad.If you want to get to know me feel free to add me to your friends list.  

Captain Whoopass

Blond_Sakura

Mega Member

8,700 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:19 pm
Hello! My screen name has been sakura for years, but my real name is Mel (sshhhhh!) i started drawing anime/manga style when I was about 11, but my interest has blossomed to most art styles and mediums including realism, semi-realism, watercolour, mixed media, sewing an occasionally clay and other stuff. I'm 17 years old (today's my birthday!),lliving in Canada, and i plan to study English and the fine Arts, and possibly learn some Japanese to participate in an international teacher exchange program.

I have my own art shop http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops-and-requests/sakura-s-art-shoppe-where-the-cool-arts-are-born-open/t.39232855_1/

I love to give constructive crit to art and serious prose. I'm a writer by nature (i'm working on a novel) so i have some idea to what i am doing...

-Sakura  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:54 pm
Hi I'm maus.I have been drawing since I was 7 but I started anime when I was 14 I am 23 and I go to AICA-LA and study game art and animation.(more game though) I like steampunk and deail. I still have a lingering of anime in my art but hope to move past it soon. smile

My fave artists are
Aubrey Beardsly,Edward Gorey,Marc Davis and TIm Burton. And for the anime its Ai yazawa, miwa ueda, hayao miyazaki and yoshiyuki sadamoto.  

LadyMausCogworth

queenoftroy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:17 pm
hey, my name is queenoftroy. my real name is robin. i have been doing art since the loss of my brother, kind of as an outlet. i am a junior in college, i am three decades plus 2 old, lol, and i joined this guild as a way to get feedback on my stuff as well as help others with thiers. i have a little dog, foxxy, she is a pom-chi as well as a 14 year old daughter, and they rule my world. i get on here when they are giving me a break.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:18 am
Hi, my screen name is robotic-february, but you can call me whatever you want. Im entering my first year of highschool soon (yes, Im young xD). Ive been drawing ever since I can remember.

robotic-february

LazyWhiteCloud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:01 pm
Hello, I am lazywhitecloud. i'm 14 and turning 15 in march. I love to draw. but i am not that great. i play musical instruments such as the flute and the bass guitar. i draw more realistic things.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 am
Hey Guys
im Anita, im 20yrs old, live in Australia
i don't work in any sort of art area, but it is much a hobby, i like to draw i would say im not much good, and i think my talent lays more in photography.

i work with animals every day, im a dog trainer or kennel forewoman, what ever you wanna call it. So a lot of my photography work gets centered around them, all though i try to stay clear of it sometimes, i feel that it gets a bit repetitive and predictable.

During college i studied pretty much art stuff, i did digital design, and multimedia, also did a year of photography.

I use photoshop as the main program, its version 7.

I am on DA http://untangled.deviantart.com this is my main account all my photography and a bit of drawing/graphics stuff i am now using this account for my drawing http://M-E-T-E-O-R-A.deviantart.com.au

i want to try and help others out with my time here and also try to improve my own, especially my drawing biggrin .

cya's for now whee  

SUPA Untangled

sagara the archangel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 am
hay im sagara
i like anime style art
spray art
tee shirt desgining
graffiti
digital art
liturature
animation
comic writing
i will do any kinds of comissions

plz checkout my da im in the process of add ing a dump load of more stuff  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:10 am
It's been a busy first quarter so far and I hope everyone is well. Welcome to all our new people.

Things are a little slow at the moment due to various factors in everyone's lives, but if we each try and comment on 4 new works a week, and try and put something new up a week (or two hehe) we should be fine.

We're glad to have you guys join us. biggrin  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Katherine_Tsunade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:58 am
Hi my name is Katherine, ... i love to draw and paint, i have been drawing since i was 3years old, i used to draw people now i want to learn how to draw anime faster and sharpen, also i want to learn how to use photoshop, etc. I guess i will find everything here. I have painted fruits, bird, people and landscape with oil and pastel in cambas 16 x 20, 30 x 40 pixels. Well if there is something you want to ask me or tell me... here i am.

Thanks a lot!

Katherine  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games