Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:47 am
Yeah ... understood. neutral Sorry, but I haven't been feeling very well at all over the past couple of days or so, and unfortunately, my "grumpy bear" mode took over. *sighs.* gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 am
Another prime example of how bad I am at predicting the market: The lowest I saw the third gen. reach in recent days was about 490k or so. I figured I would wait just a little longer and see if it went lower, but instead it went up because the hype of people dumping them into the market died out emotion_facepalm  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:19 am
Just keep in mind the 4th rapid bundle is still in the CS and that was released a loooong time ago. We just got past the panic dumpers, but the bundle hasn't hit it's overall lowest yet. Certain items are going back up due to people trying to rehoard them a second time, but personally I think it's a bad idea in the long run. An items hoardability is mostly based on the likability of it's poses and also how limited an item is. The more of an item pumped into the system the slower the rate of inflation. I just can't see the rate of inflation being that great when there is no deadline for the bundle to leave the shop. It could also very well be there for a very long time and just kill off any hope of profits unless a hoarder is patient enough to wait, but by that time there would have been new items with better rates of inflation which is what I'm counting on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 pm
Well, I just didn't feel like continuing to wait {the longer I wait, the more likely I am to just forget to keep checking the market for prices} so I bought a bundle since I wanted runcible spoon anyway and dumped the other stuff off on Mir since her wishlist is ridiculously large. emotion_eyebrow {And gave me a good excuse to take the ravenwood manor she was just sitting on ninja It's not stealing if she got stuff back for it, right? emotion_awesome }

Although, if I had waited to buy it today instead of last night, I would have saved about 40k on it stare

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:24 pm
When I keep on getting told to mind my language. ...If I'm amazed with the stock of your store enough to cuss, then embrace it, dumbasses.

Yeah, I know it's basically a toy store, but the kids are pretty much in the other room. e_e; Fine, toss me out of your store after spending a small fortune. It's not like I was screaming or anything. Seriously. Just... whatever.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:59 pm
stare me: You realize this whole "I want all my meals from scratch" thing means that every meal is essentially going to take 2 hours to make, right? emotion_eyebrow
spouse: So what? Not that big of a deal...

burning_eyes stressed .... coming from the one who isn't apparently now expected to spend 6 hours of his life every day in the kitchen scream

*flips tables* scream

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 pm
ThisEmptySoul
stare me: You realize this whole "I want all my meals from scratch" thing means that every meal is essentially going to take 2 hours to make, right? emotion_eyebrow
spouse: So what? Not that big of a deal...

burning_eyes stressed .... coming from the one who isn't apparently now expected to spend 6 hours of his life every day in the kitchen scream

*flips tables* scream

Welcome to MY WORLD. emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm
I don't like your world stare Your world is more work than a regular full-time job when you factor in all the other housework and obligations stressed

*wants to be the bread winner instead* crying

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Psyzapp
Crew

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I don't like your world stare Your world is more work than a regular full-time job when you factor in all the other housework and obligations stressed

*wants to be the bread winner instead* crying

rofl Add 3 teenage boys to that equation. THIS is why you indulge in "Mama's Little Helper" (Insert alcoholic beverage of choice here wink ).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm
Oh ho ho... three teenage boys, I would end up doing what my mum did and say, "******** doing all this cleaning s**t. I have slaves to do it for me *puts the kids to work* "

The house I grew up in had two bathrooms and there were four of us kids, so she'd have two of us do one bathroom, and the other two do the other bathroom.... this was about kindergarten age. We didn't have a dishwasher... everything had to be hand washed. So she divided the dishes into four categories: plates and bowls, cups, utensils, pots and pans..... and had us kids fight over who got what. I preferred utensils... tried to avoid pots and pans like the plague because my mum always burned everything stressed Cups became harder to do as I got older because my hand no longer fit in them.

Each of us was also doing our own laundry by middle school. I'd known how to use the machines since... probably around age 8?

We were taking care of our own breakfast, lunch, and after school snacks since about age 10 or so. If any of us complained about her cooking, then she made us cook dinner for a week.... which was usually the best dinners we'd have. My brother was especially creative, and by high school, he was in charge of dinner every day... then he got a part time job and stopped cooking emotion_awesome At that point, it was fend for ourselves.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 pm
RL ~ should be "nuff said", no? Hasn't been on the home computers for days at a stretch and not more than a few moments at a time. *Looks around a moment, wondering if she needs to reintroduce herself.* emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:50 am
This has been on my mind for a while... Love interests in anime that are outside of the shoujo genre.

Seriously. Writers are starting to piss me off. It seems like it's only acceptable for a character to start to develop feelings and confess just to build up expectations for them to either A: Die the next time they have a scene. Or B: Betray their friends/side they are on and defect to the enemy and try to kill the person who confessed to them. Or C: After a big confession nothing happens or things get stuck in the puppy love stage where they just hold hands or whatever for 200 episodes. Or D: Character finally gets close and the moments are interrupted again and again and are destined to never happen.

stressed Seriously is it so unrealistic to for a character to throw down their unspoken vow of celibacy and have an intimate relationship that isn't awkward?

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:12 am
Kairanha
This has been on my mind for a while... Love interests in anime that are outside of the shoujo genre.

Seriously. Writers are starting to piss me off. It seems like it's only acceptable for a character to start to develop feelings and confess just to build up expectations for them to either A: Die the next time they have a scene. Or B: Betray their friends/side they are on and defect to the enemy and try to kill the person who confessed to them. Or C: After a big confession nothing happens or things get stuck in the puppy love stage where they just hold hands or whatever for 200 episodes. Or D: Character finally gets close and the moments are interrupted again and again and are destined to never happen.

stressed Seriously is it so unrealistic to for a character to throw down their unspoken vow of celibacy and have an intimate relationship that isn't awkward?

Really wish we had tip buttons in guilds.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 pm
Icy Reign
Kairanha

Really wish we had tip buttons in guilds.

I'm raging at the industry right now, but still the truth of it is...
User Image
btw we have a new show to watch. emotion_awesome http://youtu.be/ioLBZh-VWBM  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm
That guy sure gets a lot of action  
Gaian Geezers Guild