Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mana_ecl Zetsuya

Bashful Seeker

9,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:05 am
Hullo, hullo, hullo. I'm sure you all can read the username, but most people refer to me as the title in said username, "Mana". Long time member, since '04 (had I been here a year earlier, I wouldn't have needed the title! [Insert Melodramatic Pause Here] Anyhow, every couple of years I hop accounts, shipping my favored gear over, generating mules periodically that I tend to dress up with scraps from my previous account, while the usual stuff gets shipped over. Bear in mind, the title always remains. xD

I won't lie, I found the guild through my friend's joining, but seeing the passion here, it leaves something to hope for. I never went into overdrive on much of the spending I've seen from some users (the most I ever did was thirty dollars last fall at once, and even that seemed exorbitant). I drew the line at ten dollars a month, but I guess I stopped covering my eyes when they sent me an invitation to Club Verge. I had figured, a rewards program? What could be wrong with that?!? Well, I saw what they charged for items (that they essentially reskin each month) and found it was just Dernier Crie for people with disposable income. I was absolutely insulted.

I had the hardest time clicking the cancel button. I'd been donating all this time for the community, the people I've met over the last decade or so, that helped me through tough times I couldn't talk about with people face to face, or even just had a spirited conversation or serendipity moment to laugh about. I'd been thanking them for what doors they'd opened for me, and they spat on me by marking me another target demographic.

Anyhow, enough emotional martyrdom and sob stories. Back to me, I suppose. Twenty-two, currently on suspension from college (I'm a terrible student, but it's necessary). I work in a grocery store for terribly low pay, working primarily for benefits. I first joined the site, and mostly spent time in the anime and gaming lounges, having spirited discussions over the unoriginality of musical artists, the corruption of Final Fantasy as of recent changes in the development team or talks of cult classic titles that fly in under the radar. I spent so much time scoffing at the Barton Town role players. Sooooooo much time spent mocking my friends and whatnot.

Don't remember who, but needless to say, I tried it. That's what really hooked me into the site more than anything, and it's what brought me really into the community. Suddenly my subscribed threads weren't about gaming and tunes, but places to escape to. Vampires and horror, fantasy and adventures. Even a domestic role in the Neighborhood.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 pm
Mana_ecl Zetsuya
Hullo, hullo, hullo. I'm sure you all can read the username, but most people refer to me as the title in said username, "Mana". Long time member, since '04 (had I been here a year earlier, I wouldn't have needed the title! [Insert Melodramatic Pause Here] Anyhow, every couple of years I hop accounts, shipping my favored gear over, generating mules periodically that I tend to dress up with scraps from my previous account, while the usual stuff gets shipped over. Bear in mind, the title always remains. xD

I won't lie, I found the guild through my friend's joining, but seeing the passion here, it leaves something to hope for. I never went into overdrive on much of the spending I've seen from some users (the most I ever did was thirty dollars last fall at once, and even that seemed exorbitant). I drew the line at ten dollars a month, but I guess I stopped covering my eyes when they sent me an invitation to Club Verge. I had figured, a rewards program? What could be wrong with that?!? Well, I saw what they charged for items (that they essentially reskin each month) and found it was just Dernier Crie for people with disposable income. I was absolutely insulted.

I had the hardest time clicking the cancel button. I'd been donating all this time for the community, the people I've met over the last decade or so, that helped me through tough times I couldn't talk about with people face to face, or even just had a spirited conversation or serendipity moment to laugh about. I'd been thanking them for what doors they'd opened for me, and they spat on me by marking me another target demographic.

Anyhow, enough emotional martyrdom and sob stories. Back to me, I suppose. Twenty-two, currently on suspension from college (I'm a terrible student, but it's necessary). I work in a grocery store for terribly low pay, working primarily for benefits. I first joined the site, and mostly spent time in the anime and gaming lounges, having spirited discussions over the unoriginality of musical artists, the corruption of Final Fantasy as of recent changes in the development team or talks of cult classic titles that fly in under the radar. I spent so much time scoffing at the Barton Town role players. Sooooooo much time spent mocking my friends and whatnot.

Don't remember who, but needless to say, I tried it. That's what really hooked me into the site more than anything, and it's what brought me really into the community. Suddenly my subscribed threads weren't about gaming and tunes, but places to escape to. Vampires and horror, fantasy and adventures. Even a domestic role in the Neighborhood.

Glad to have you with us.

I've been here since 2004 as well. I also took personal offense to my introduction in Club Verge. So dumb.... I'd spend money but I don't see how they thought I was that rich.

Here is your Revolution: Gaia welcome kit! -

Here is a banner for your siggy, but there are several others to choose from if you wish to use one - no pressure smile

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/revolution-gaia/g.409847/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/revolutiongaia.gif~original[/img][/url]

Some important topics of interest (cuz all the cool kids are doing it) smile
Revolution: Gaia Rules and Guidelines
Show Your Support: Get The Look!
Revolution: Gaia Arenas
Revolution: Gaia Chatterbox Hangout
Revolution: Gaia Charity

Heres yer sign (expect a special gift User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) heart

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

LloydIrvingofSymphonia

Tricky Knight

19,150 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 pm
Hello, semi old member here, and I've been with Gaia long before the cash shop was introduced, and yes I'm wearing said items from it, I was interested in the evolving item concept and they open many possibilities to avatar creation, but the main thing that is discouraging me is seeing GC entangled in the events now, it's bad enough they dualified MC, once known as Monthly 'Donations', then add said premium items that put many of the once expensive items to shame, but now pay to cheat battle system, I'm sorry, but after being throguh so many holiday events on Gaia, this is a sad fate and I feel like eventually holiday events will be cash users only...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:41 pm
Hello darlings!
Technically I have been on gaia since '05 but actually started being on the site and par-taking in events and forums since '07. This is my third account and the longest lasting one. I found this guild while exploring the forums around flynns big as-I mean butt. Fortunately I was never the one who'd donate to gaia as my upbringing was strict and spending money on sites online was idiotic and unheard of in my house. However the sad part of this tale is that I was also busting my a** to get gold in order to achieve my dream avi's/items. When the influx of cash shop users started to grow and getting gold was now very hard I did quit gaia for a couple of months but eventually came back. ONLY TO FIND that my beloved site was now on the bottom and still sinking further.
But that is only my gaia life, I shall tell you about me in Real life.
As of right now I am eighteen years young. I live at home with my family as I am the only one who isn't busy and can take care of a situation the befell my family. My grandmother of 90 years has broken her arm and with my brother working, my sister still in high school and my parents both working, I set college aside so that I can care for her. 6 months it will take to heal and it is only the start of the second. When her arm is looking better I will take online classes. When I am able to achieve my AA I shall go to a university where I will major in criminal studies so that I may become a famous treasure hunter known by all who has fought many hard battles, unleashed many booby traps and is rich beyond belief while knowing how to handle bad guys trying to steal from treasure coves I have dubbed my own Game warden. Which is my dream job. Sadly with america also in turmoil my dream job is quickly leaving my reach. But enough of the boring school stuff and sad stories. I have good news. I am promised to my boyfriend of one year and friend of three. Promised as in we will get married when he is out of school and has a stable job. Well that is the life of thee Panda.  

Cheat Meal

Dulcet Giver

17,015 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hellraiser 500

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:35 pm
akida kuriyama
akida kuriyama here. semi-active member since '03. i'm known for excessive lurking-only giving my 2 cents on occasion, and hiatuses. i earned 90% of my gc items through farming fish/trash/etc and would only buy gc every couple months mostly to support the site i enjoy coming back to time and again. but the way things have changed these last few months, there is no point in farming. the event games, once grand, competitive, chaotic and fun, have been sold out (even the winning item grant seems quite half-assed compared to the past and i'm pretty sure both sides got the same thing even). (major, black friday style) flash sales every 3-4 weeks, with all items $50-$x00. 24 hr flash sales about 3 times a week to try and hook impulse buys. and don't even get me started on flynn. i'm afraid if this keeps up i might just go on hiatus again soon. and this time, there wont be anything for me to come back to gaia_gaiagold

Hi, Akida, and welcome to the guild!
I completely agree with you. Nothing is very fun anymore, and most things are very money-grabby and lazy.
I've thought of going on hiatus before as well, but I'm to afraid that Gaia won't be here when I get back. Hopefully we can help change the way Gaia is going!

If you'd like to put a banner in your signature, we've got loads of them! Here's one example. Please be sure to check out the others if you're interested!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/revolution-gaia/g.409847/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/revolutiongaia.gif~original[/img][/url]

Here are some threads you might be interested in reading:

If you'd like an SOS sign, please let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:39 pm
LloydIrvingofSymphonia
Hello, semi old member here, and I've been with Gaia long before the cash shop was introduced, and yes I'm wearing said items from it, I was interested in the evolving item concept and they open many possibilities to avatar creation, but the main thing that is discouraging me is seeing GC entangled in the events now, it's bad enough they dualified MC, once known as Monthly 'Donations', then add said premium items that put many of the once expensive items to shame, but now pay to cheat battle system, I'm sorry, but after being throguh so many holiday events on Gaia, this is a sad fate and I feel like eventually holiday events will be cash users only...

Welcome to the guild, Lloyd! (Do you mind if I call you Lloyd, or would you prefer something else?)
I was really excited for EIs when they first came out, as well. Now they mostly make REIs of poor quality. Actually, scratch that. Now they mostly make recolors and re-release items.
GC really has taken over a lot of things. Hopefully we can change that a bit.
Anyway, hope to see you around! =)

If you'd like to put a banner in your signature, we've got loads of them! Here's one example. Please be sure to check out the others if you're interested!

User Image

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 pm
INDI PANDA JONES
Hello darlings!
Technically I have been on gaia since '05 but actually started being on the site and par-taking in events and forums since '07. This is my third account and the longest lasting one. I found this guild while exploring the forums around flynns big as-I mean butt. Fortunately I was never the one who'd donate to gaia as my upbringing was strict and spending money on sites online was idiotic and unheard of in my house. However the sad part of this tale is that I was also busting my a** to get gold in order to achieve my dream avi's/items. When the influx of cash shop users started to grow and getting gold was now very hard I did quit gaia for a couple of months but eventually came back. ONLY TO FIND that my beloved site was now on the bottom and still sinking further.
But that is only my gaia life, I shall tell you about me in Real life.
As of right now I am eighteen years young. I live at home with my family as I am the only one who isn't busy and can take care of a situation the befell my family. My grandmother of 90 years has broken her arm and with my brother working, my sister still in high school and my parents both working, I set college aside so that I can care for her. 6 months it will take to heal and it is only the start of the second. When her arm is looking better I will take online classes. When I am able to achieve my AA I shall go to a university where I will major in criminal studies so that I may become a famous treasure hunter known by all who has fought many hard battles, unleashed many booby traps and is rich beyond belief while knowing how to handle bad guys trying to steal from treasure coves I have dubbed my own Game warden. Which is my dream job. Sadly with america also in turmoil my dream job is quickly leaving my reach. But enough of the boring school stuff and sad stories. I have good news. I am promised to my boyfriend of one year and friend of three. Promised as in we will get married when he is out of school and has a stable job. Well that is the life of thee Panda.

Hey there, Indi! We're glad to have you with us!
I'm totally on the same page as you with not buying pixels. To me, that's just silly. I had to work hard for all my items as well. Not saying people who buy the items with real money are lazy, but I had to quest hard and spend lots of time on the site to get the item I wanted.

Oh dear, I hope your grandmother's arm heals soon! Breaks are especially bad for the elderly. sad
I see. You wish to be Indiana Jones. emotion_awesome I used to wish to be a Jedi.
Now I'm a mom at the old age of 22 ( xp ). That's kind of like a Jedi, right?
<3 I wish you well with your boyfriend! Marriage is a lot of work, but it's worth it!

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 pm
Mana_ecl Zetsuya

yeah, i ended up canceling just yesterday

i don't miss it though : o  

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

ZIC MULTI

Fuzzy Noob

13,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:11 pm
Hiiiiii~! I'm The Deaf-Nex, but you can call me Deafy! I spend more time saving up gold and dressing my avatar than anything else on this site (I should really practice socializing more often sweatdrop ), but lately it's been tough due to the inflation caused by Flynn's Booty.
A lot of my earnings come from selling old items that I no longer use and playing RIGs (I have Autocash so I buy a bundle every now and then). I have yet to buy a single item from Club Verge... I just don't have the kind of cash to do it.
I also have, like, 10+ mules that help me gather cash from the free video offers so I can buy items on the long run.

My other main account is Eternal Delerium so if I'm not on here, I'm usually on her. Thanks for reading and hi everyone~! emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:47 pm
The Deaf-Nex
Hiiiiii~! I'm The Deaf-Nex, but you can call me Deafy! I spend more time saving up gold and dressing my avatar than anything else on this site (I should really practice socializing more often sweatdrop ), but lately it's been tough due to the inflation caused by Flynn's Booty.
A lot of my earnings come from selling old items that I no longer use and playing RIGs (I have Autocash so I buy a bundle every now and then). I have yet to buy a single item from Club Verge... I just don't have the kind of cash to do it.
I also have, like, 10+ mules that help me gather cash from the free video offers so I can buy items on the long run.

My other main account is Eternal Delerium so if I'm not on here, I'm usually on her. Thanks for reading and hi everyone~! emotion_yatta

Hi Deafy, and welcome to the guild!
I used to be all about my avatar, too. xp I only started really socializing in this guild. gonk Gaia has changed me. Or rather, I have changed in order to help save Gaia.

Do you mind if I ask you a question? (I'm assuming it's okay to ask) Do you feel like Club Verge is a reward?

User Image

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

SilverFoxyLycan

Beloved Otaku

23,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 pm
Hi.....I'm Silver....or you can refer to me as Foxy if you must....I am one of the Gaian Dino's that still roams the site from time to time..... I still buy Cash here and there but mainly I earn them through other means.....I've been on a slight Quest to collect MC's and some EI's but I've almost completely given that up with the inflation Flynn's assets have cause....I joined because I have seen the nose dive gaia has been taking and I'm strongly against it

on a side note you will know me for the fact that I always use this color and font size and I love adding Pictures...normally animated ones razz

User Image
Found this picture on my computer and think this was what Elk mating season with Carl was like o.o

So you know....I rarely post in Forums so...if you really have something to ask me quote me or PM me and I'll likely respond...
I'll try to keep up with Guild stuff but I take many breaks from gaia because it's just not as fun anymore....

I AM NOT A CASH COW YOU CAN USE AN ABUSE GAIA!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:36 am
SilverFoxyLycan
Hi.....I'm Silver....or you can refer to me as Foxy if you must....I am one of the Gaian Dino's that still roams the site from time to time..... I still buy Cash here and there but mainly I earn them through other means.....I've been on a slight Quest to collect MC's and some EI's but I've almost completely given that up with the inflation Flynn's assets have cause....I joined because I have seen the nose dive gaia has been taking and I'm strongly against it

on a side note you will know me for the fact that I always use this color and font size and I love adding Pictures...normally animated ones razz

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l328/Silverfoxydemon/Animated Gif Pictures/DeeerHumpinh_zpsa9813688.gif
Found this picture on my computer and think this was what Elk mating season with Carl was like o.o
So you know....I rarely post in Forums so...if you really have something to ask me quote me or PM me and I'll likely respond...
I'll try to keep up with Guild stuff but I take many breaks from gaia because it's just not as fun anymore....

I AM NOT A CASH COW YOU CAN USE AN ABUSE GAIA!!!!!!

Hey Silver! It's great to meet you. Welcome to Revolution:Gaia! If you haven't already please read through our Guild Rules. If you want to know more about our guild and what we do here, check out This thread on the matter.

I love your gif, it's funny!! <3 One last thing, if you don't mind posting your main concerns on gaia in our Are you mad yet? thread. We're using the answers there to help determine the path of action our guild is going to take!

We really hop you'll enjoy our guild, I certainly do. We're a family, a community the way Gaia once was.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SilverFoxyLycan

Beloved Otaku

23,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:01 am
xx I met my fate xx
Hey Silver! It's great to meet you. Welcome to Revolution:Gaia! If you haven't already please read through our Guild Rules. If you want to know more about our guild and what we do here, check out This thread on the matter.

I love your gif, it's funny!! <3 One last thing, if you don't mind posting your main concerns on gaia in our Are you mad yet? thread. We're using the answers there to help determine the path of action our guild is going to take!

We really hop you'll enjoy our guild, I certainly do. We're a family, a community the way Gaia once was.
Ty....I really love my gifs but before I even posted who I was on here I've been active in some of the Threads in the guild....I've already vented a lot of my frustration about the things I think are wrong with gaia in that Thread you linked honesty and had just posted another thing I thought of and such....my mind is a jumbled mess and I tend to talk to much from time to time and never and post more than what is needed cause I never feel like I've said what is on my mind right so people can understand...sorry o.o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 am
SilverFoxyLycan
xx I met my fate xx

Ty....I really love my gifs but before I even posted who I was on here I've been active in some of the Threads in the guild....I've already vented a lot of my frustration about the things I think are wrong with gaia in that Thread you linked honesty and had just posted another thing I thought of and such....my mind is a jumbled mess and I tend to talk to much from time to time and never and post more than what is needed cause I never feel like I've said what is on my mind right so people can understand...sorry o.o

Lol, post as much as you like. We are always happy to see people posting in the guild. heart  

Nemone

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

astroblook

Divine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:30 am
Hey guys~
As you can see, I'm capriciousRogue, but I go by Jacques. I believe I joined around '09-'10, so definitely not as long as many of you who have been here since '03 and '04, but I definitely remember when it was different, and a hell of a lot better. I used to love coming here and chilling with friends, but most of them have left, and now I just come out of habit. I really want some sort of change for the better on a large scale, but with the rerererererereleases of Flynn's junk hanging everywhere, it disgusts me to what this place has become. Change needs to happen. We are more than just numbers, and the execs need to realize this.

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games