Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:40 am
Lady Blodwynn
The Native American theme is done by the Death Wing, the angelic theme is found across the entire army. Please do tell though, how are monk robes Native American inspired? confused

True, but taking consideration what GW did for the Company Masters,
that imagery could work with the chapter as a whole.
Company Master 1
Company Master 2

Sticking angel wings on weapons would break the dark and secretive imagery
the Dark Angels have.
Plus the monk robes already gives them an distinctive image,
they don´t need anything else.

Sorry, poor choice of words.
I didn´t mean the robes were native-american. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:35 am
Asmondai
Lady Blodwynn
The Native American theme is done by the Death Wing, the angelic theme is found across the entire army. Please do tell though, how are monk robes Native American inspired? confused

Company Master 1
Company Master 2

the Dark Angels have.

Dunno about you, but they already have a fair bit of swords and wings everywhere.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:54 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Asmondai
Lady Blodwynn

Company Master 1
Company Master 2

the Dark Angels have.

Dunno about you, but they already have a fair bit of swords and wings everywhere.

........are we talking about wings the blood angels have on chainswords as hand-guards and on wrist-mounted guns ooooooor wings that any space marine army has?  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:06 am
Well, the White Dwarf issue released for May mentioned that there will be some Space Marine re-releases in Finecast. It was just noted on the website that there will be more releases including Chaplains, Librarians, shoulder pads, Apothecaries and a Thunderfire Cannon that will be released. Complete list will be released this Saturday on the website.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 am
Angels Sonata
Well, the White Dwarf issue released for May mentioned that there will be some Space Marine re-releases in Finecast. It was just noted on the website that there will be more releases including Chaplains, Librarians, shoulder pads, Apothecaries and a Thunderfire Cannon that will be released. Complete list will be released this Saturday on the website.
wink

Space Marine Bike Squad Upgrade Pack ---------- $10.00 Finecast
Crimson Fists Shoulder Pads ---------------------------- $10.00 Finecast
White Scars Bike Squad Upgrade Pack ---------------- $10.00 Finecast
Crimson Fists Command Squad Upgrade Pack -----$13.25 Finecast
Ultramarines Shoulder Pads -----------------------------$10.00 Finecast
Crimson Fists Tactical Squad Upgrade Pack ---------- $14.75 Finecast
Crimson Fists Assault Squad Upgrade Pack -----------$14.75 Finecast
Iron Hands Tactical Squad Upgrade Pack ---------- $18.25 Finecast
Sergeant Telion -----------------------------------------------$16.00 Finecast
Space Marine Librarian with Staff & Book -----------$16.00 Finecast
Space Marine Librarian: Force Sword & Bolt Pistol --$16.00 Finecast
Space Marine Chaplain: Crozius & Power Fist -----$16.00 Finecast
Space Marine Chaplain: Skull Helmet ---------------- $16.00 Finecast
Space Marine Librarian: Force Axe & Plasma Pistol--$16.00 Finecast
Space Marine Apothecary: Chainsword -----------------$16.00 Finecast
Damned Legionnaire: Multi Melta -----------------------$16.00 Finecast
Damned Legionnaire: Heavy Flamer -----------------$16.00 Finecast
Damned Sergeant: Bolt Pistol & Power Weapon -----$16.00 Finecast
Damned Legionnaire: Flamer -----------------------------$16.00 Finecast
Shadow Captain Kayvaan Shrike -----------------------$19.25 Finecast
Chapter Master Pedro Kantor -----------------------------$19.25 Finecast
Marneus Calgar, Lord Macragge -----------------------$19.25 Finecast
Chief Librarian Tigurius -----------------------------------$19.25 Finecast
Kor'sarro Khan -----------------------------------------------$19.25 Finecast
Space Marine Captain in Terminator Armour -----$19.25 Finecast
Chaplain Cassius -----------------------------------------$19.25 Finecast
Sergeant Chronus -----------------------------------------$19.25 Finecast
Forgefather Vulkan Heston -----------------------------$21.50 Finecast
Space Marine Techmarine -----------------------------$21.50 Finecast
Space Marine Terminator Chaplain -----------------------$21.50 Finecast
Captain Darnath Lysander -----------------------------$21.50 Finecast
Space Marine Casualties -----------------------------------$24.00 Finecast
Space Marine Masters of the Chapter -----------------$33.00 Finecast
Space Marine Damned Legionnaires 1 -----------------$33.00 Finecast
Space Marine Damned Legionnaires 2 -----------------$33.00 Finecast
Ultramarines Tyrannic War Veterans -----------------$33.00 Finecast
Legion of the Damned Squad -----------------------------$41.25 Finecast
Space Marine Veterans MK2 -----------------------------$41.25 Finecast
Space Marine Veterans -----------------------------------$41.25 Finecast
Space Marine Thunderfire Cannon -----------------------$56.00 Finecast  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 am
I was looking for the Iron Hands tactical squad upgrade pack the other night. Now I know why it was gone from the system, though I did see the upgrade packs for the Crimson Fists on the website.

Maybe I should start paying attention to rumour threads on other websites.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:37 am
Angels Sonata
I was looking for the Iron Hands tactical squad upgrade pack the other night. Now I know why it was gone from the system, though I did see the upgrade packs for the Crimson Fists on the website.

Might I suggest Dakka Dakka? wink  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:47 am
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata

That's one to look into. I'm not really sure though. I see release threads and my mind goes through what could be and what is a load of bull crap. I think the two years of working on a Warhammer project for Graphics during college.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:00 am
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata

That's one to look into. I'm not really sure though. I see release threads and my mind goes through what could be and what is a load of bull crap. I think the two years of working on a Warhammer project for Graphics during college.
I won't lie, the current rumour situation is rather.. messy at best. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:12 am
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata

The one thing I'm not getting is the constant comments about the 40K release schedule. Dark Angels in June, and then there are the flyers with the Astartes Flyer looking like an over powered Storm Raven.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 am
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata

The one thing I'm not getting is the constant comments about the 40K release schedule. Dark Angels in June, and then there are the flyers with the Astartes Flyer looking like an over powered Storm Raven.
At least one on-line store has confirmed that the new flyers will be coming next month. After that, things are hazy. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 am
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata

At least one on-line store has confirmed that the new flyers will be coming next month. After that, things are hazy. gonk
I can see the Necron being a possibility. Many new codexes are being released with a flying unit of sorts. Grey Knights and Blood Angels have the Storm Raven, Necrons have the Doomscythe, Dark Eldar have the Razorwing and Imperial Guard have the Valkyrie.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:57 am
Angels Sonata
I can see the Necron being a possibility. Many new codexes are being released with a flying unit of sorts. Grey Knights and Blood Angels have the Storm Raven, Necrons have the Doomscythe, Dark Eldar have the Razorwing and Imperial Guard have the Valkyrie.
This might all tie in with the 6th edition, which might turn these fast skimmers into true flyers,  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
This might all tie in with the 6th edition, which might turn these fast skimmers into true flyers,
Well it is possible. I do hope they'll bring in allies as a rule for building armies. Something to use outside of Apocalypse.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:49 am
I guess all the other mods are sleeping in or still drunk off their tits, guess you'll have to do with me. sweatdrop

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3277

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“Of course humanity was meant to cross the void between the stars. It is our destiny, and it is for this purpose, the God-Emperor has seen fit to grant us the power necessary to ply the roiling Warp. The Navigator guides us by His light. The Astropath carries His torch to the darkest corners of space. We go in His Name, by His Will, for His Glory. And, of course, for the tidy profit we earn for our efforts in his grandest of plans."
–Rogue Trader Raol Straud

The warp is a domain of nightmares, filled with insanity made manifest and ethereal predators hungry for souls. Yet it is this shadowy realm that a Rogue Trader must tread to seek fame and fortune amongst the stars.

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to announce the upcoming release of The Navis Primer, a supplement for Rogue Trader! This powerful volume reveals the secret history of the Koronus Expanse’s Navigator Houses, while unveiling the Astropath Voidfrost and Soul Ward Disciplines. Players can unleash the unpredictable might of the Waaagh! with the Ork Weirdboy Career Path, and uncover new warp-touched powers, alternate career ranks, and elite advances for Explorers of all kinds. What’s more, The Navis Primer provides expanded rules for navigation and astrotelepathic communication, and presents terrifying new hazards and foes from the depths of the Expanse!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Navigating a Stormy Sea

For more on The Navis Primer, here’s a word from its lead developer, Max Brooke:

The warp is the stormy sea that Rogue Traders must cross in search of fame, glory, and, of course, profit. A Rogue Trader's mighty voidship is a large part of what makes this miracle possible, but no less important are those who possess an innate connection to the Immaterium.

From the secretive Navigator Houses whose members guide vessels through the roiling Sea of Souls to the esoteric Choirs of Astropaths who cast messages across the cold void, those with the ability to perceive or manipulate the power of the Warp are both critical to a Rogue Trader's ambition and very interesting characters in their own right. The Navis Primer contains new options for the histories of Navigators and Astropaths in the Koronus Expanse, as well as expanded rules for the tasks they must overcome and new powers to help them rise to these challenges. Further, it includes a number of new character options for other Explorers whose lives have been touched by the Warp in one way or another, whether they harness it for profit or seek to unlock its darkest mysteries.

Of course, not all of those touched by the Warp are loyal to the Imperium—or even human– and The Navis Primer explorers the psykers and Warp-entities that dwell in the Expanse. This includes resources for new enemies and their terrifying powers, and also a new psyker Career Path, the erratic Ork Weirdboy.

The Navis Primer is loaded with new possibilities, and I'm looking forward to hearing the wild and Warp-touched stories that players and Game Masters alike use them to create.

Check back for more in the coming weeks, and in the third quarter of 2012, prepare to unleash the power of the warp in your Rogue Trader campaigns!  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games