Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
As a note, Bastemhet, I don't find the word gender triggering. I just don't use the word "gender identity" to describe my bodily dissonance related to my (mostly former now) secondary sexual characteristics.

So consider Tea's example a hypothetical. No need to modulate your usage of "gender" around me. wink
Sorry I misunderstood your position.

It's alright. That had been an upsetting day in general and I was more bitter than usual. I realize I came on a bit strong.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 pm
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
As a note, Bastemhet, I don't find the word gender triggering. I just don't use the word "gender identity" to describe my bodily dissonance related to my (mostly former now) secondary sexual characteristics.

So consider Tea's example a hypothetical. No need to modulate your usage of "gender" around me. wink

It's alright. That had been an upsetting day in general and I was more bitter than usual. I realize I came on a bit strong.
Mercury Retrograde.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:25 pm
i have a stupid question... well, several:

these surfaced in my mind after watching Paramormal Activity (which, for a movie, wasn't that scary, but if it ever happened to me i'd be a nut-job). What would be the requirements for someone to be able to perform a proper exocism?

is there such thing as a 'proper' exorcism or would it be different for each culture/religion?

do many other traditions have a form of exorcism? most i have ever heard of (not saying whether or not this is correct) are either catholic or native american (tradition not specified).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:20 am
whiporwill-o
What would be the requirements for someone to be able to perform a proper exocism?
Differs from tradition to tradition.
Quote:

is there such thing as a 'proper' exorcism or would it be different for each culture/religion?
The only proper exorcism I can think of is the kind that works.
How that looks differs from culture to culture, religion to religion and even has some schisms in specific cultures that share a religion.

Quote:
do many other traditions have a form of exorcism? most i have ever heard of (not saying whether or not this is correct) are either catholic or native american (tradition not specified).
The Shaman have them, I know how my tradition works, though I haven't had to use it.

I'm familiar with some others as well. ~shrugs~  

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:35 pm
Recursive Paradox

Thanks Tea for the example, and thank you for the note. It is...er, noted. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:36 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
What would be the requirements for someone to be able to perform a proper exocism?
Differs from tradition to tradition.
Quote:

The only proper exorcism I can think of is the kind that works.
How that looks differs from culture to culture, religion to religion and even has some schisms in specific cultures that share a religion.

Quote:
The Shaman have them, I know how my tradition works, though I haven't had to use it.

I'm familiar with some others as well. ~shrugs~

thanks, that's kinda what i figured smile  

whiporwill-o

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:39 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Mercury Retrograde.

Damn. It even screws me over.

Bastemhet
thank you for the note. It is...er, noted. 3nodding

And filed too. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 am
Recursive Paradox
Damn. It even screws me over.
Quickest way to screw me over, have mercury reverse it's trek across the sky.  

TeaDidikai

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 pm
What defines godhood?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm
rmcdra
What defines godhood?
It's a tricky question, since there are a lot of beings that are defined in English as gods that aren't considered gods by the people who worship them as far as the concept translates.
Are they Joten gods? We know the AEsir are. There are AEsir whose parents are Joten.
Are the Kami gods? The Japanese woman who was an exchange student with my family when I was a child said no, as have others.
There are beings in my tradition that would be outright offended if they were considered to be such.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:30 am
TeaDidikai
rmcdra
What defines godhood?
It's a tricky question, since there are a lot of beings that are defined in English as gods that aren't considered gods by the people who worship them as far as the concept translates.
Are they Joten gods? We know the AEsir are. There are AEsir whose parents are Joten.
Are the Kami gods? The Japanese woman who was an exchange student with my family when I was a child said no, as have others.
There are beings in my tradition that would be outright offended if they were considered to be such.

Most of the Aspects I've dealt with would be fairly pissed to be called gods. I would laugh at the irony of the Divinity Aspect not wanting to be called a god, but I've never worked with that one so I don't know.

...I wonder what Channeling Divinity would do. Sounds risky.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 pm
How does one tell if a so-called Wiccan group is "legit" or not?  

ShadowCatSoul

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 pm
Testing UPG means testing the experience against the Lore and other people's experiences right? If so, it is more than that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 am
ShadowCatSoul
How does one tell if a so-called Wiccan group is "legit" or not?
Ask for a means by which you can get a vouch.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 am
Synnthetika
Testing UPG means testing the experience against the Lore and other people's experiences right? If so, it is more than that?
There are some internal tests that can be done in the midst of the experience as well.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games