Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:49 am
You know I think it would be awsome if we could get a game where we played a character as a part of a Imperial Guard regiment, have it like a action RPG where he can rise through some of the ranks, customise his look, and the storyline last over four or five Cds involving some crusade.
Even a Mechanicum game would be awsome.
Yet, I'm still hyped up about those two Bioware games, Space Marine, and Modern Warfare 2, Allan Wake also looks interesting.
My younger brother got in a huge fuss about me installing Total War Rome and Medieval II gold edition on his comp that he barely plays since he lives with our mom, and ended up uninstalling them yay >.> So I just lost all the factions I unlocked in both if I reinstall them, my friend back when he supposedly owned by Rome game lost my CD key so no online matches there, I liked online matches more then campaign on Medieval.
Only thing I hated was a few matches, for instance I told this guy we were gonna do a all infantry battle, no cannons, no archers, no calvary. I told him not to spam units ((I meant in general as in not just one unit, but one type of infantry.)), well while my army was well balanced with light and heavy infantry, he spammed a crap load of the Holy Roman Empire's strongest heavy infantry units, and well my poor Turks got surrounded and killed to the last man.
Man that guy ticked me off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:01 am
If setting ridiculous standards do not expect a fair fight. If you asked me to only use infantry I would respectfully deny you a battle. Or at least a "fair" fight, as I feel the game should be played as it is in its entirety, not with extra player rules tacked on. And why shouldn't he "spam" certain units if they are the best for the scenario?

Come to think of it, I have Medieval 2 collecting dust here, never got the chance to install it.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 am
Well the reason I set up those rules was I wanted to see how someone would play without things that would most certainly turn the tide in your favor if you were good with them....after that I just said no cannons or elephants. Of course trebuchets, catapults, or those bolt throwers were fine with me, once had a match that lasted a while because ((I was playing the Norse, the faction concentrating on axes and more of the heavy infantry type, opponent was using Sicily.)), we ended up for fifteen minutes straight chasing our calvary back and forth across the map, and that was only his left flank calvary, vs my two calvary units, I eventually cut down the range calvary and tore his melee one to bits, turned around and assaulted his infantry and lost my calvary. I won the battle, albeit with some heavy casualties, but he lost his generals and plenty more soldiers then me, plus his bolt throwers ((onagers or whatever they are called?)), my vikings tore his sissy Sicily army to pieces. Though we both agreed that had he not moved his right flank forward he probably would have one. Considering my army, though I tried is in a more disorganized formation facing up hill, though my pikemen were prepared in case of a calvary charge and he did before we had our calvary chase each other put a small, very small amount of casualties on my spear wall with those ranged calvary.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:22 pm
I play Empire: Total War as who else? Mother Russia.

I'm starting to look very much like cold war Russia. My fleet and army is so large that I'm literally loosing 5,000 dollars per turn. For owning nearly 50 area's including all of Africa, 90% of the middle east. (Only 3 middle east areas are left, and those are close to India.) And all of mesopotamia.

I've also am working my way west into Europe. I've got most of Poland.

But, I'm loosing all my money, and everyone hates me because I expand too much. );

And for the Space Marine game. We're playing Guillimans warriors, and not the mysterious Blood Ravens!! I was curious about learning more of the Blood Ravens. Oh well. It looks like a lot of fun, I really enjoyed the customization of DoW2. So, this should be amazing.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm
I want to play Empire, but the site that my half brother shows me that checks if your comp can play a certain game won't show up, everytime I try to go there, it brings up the whole this thing wants to unknown software, are you fine with this. ((I would say yes, but I'm worried about viruses.))
I would either play, Lithiuania, France, Russia, or Prussia on my first play through.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:36 pm
Can you be the Netherlands in Empire?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shadow_of_Malus

Romantic Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:13 pm
Lt. Brookman
Shadow_of_Malus
The new warhammer 40k game coming to xbox, ps3, and pc looks to very cool, all I have seen is a few shots from a demo played in E3 but it is looking good 3nodding
Space Marine is console only.
really? oh well, I still have my xobox 360 so I am happy biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm
Shadow_of_Malus
Lt. Brookman
Shadow_of_Malus
The new warhammer 40k game coming to xbox, ps3, and pc looks to very cool, all I have seen is a few shots from a demo played in E3 but it is looking good 3nodding
Space Marine is console only.
really? oh well, I still have my xobox 360 so I am happy biggrin

Ya know, there's a big spiffy thread -dedicated- to that game over in the 40k discussion thread.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:17 pm
Lt. Brookman
Can you be the Netherlands in Empire?

Yes, you can be "United Provinces". Which is the Dutch.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 pm
yeah but I don't think you get the United provinces right off the bat tho I'm playing prussia and I'm spanking russia twisted  

GamerChik240

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:50 pm
What are the criteria for unlocking other nations? I don't feel like playing through the game twenty times just so I can play my own country. My desire to once again humiliate the Spanish and British can only burn for so long.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:42 am
Once again? Dream on, a little s**t country like you can't do a whole lot. talk2hand  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:53 am
Believe it or not Dutch were a naval superpower on a par with British in XVIIth century! Heard they eventuallu lost arms race because their canals were too shallow for biggest Men of War - not sure if thats true.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:07 am
Not true. Well, the canals bit, seeing as the Dutch had their harbours by the sea. xp

They beat the Spanish in an eighty year war to become independent, were besieged by Austria, the Spanish, French and Austrians at the same time and won. They also put Dutchman William the Third (William the Second as ruler of Scotland) on the British throne. And they whipped us soundly after a daring raid that saw the Dutch fleet sail up the river Thames, burning the British fleet anchored there.

Not bad for a bunch of merchants.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:53 am
Are you a traitor to the Jack Winnie? mad  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games