Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:53 am

No, if Horus won he would wipe out humanity in two centuries because of regret and pity. The Imperium wins and dies a death lasting twenty thousnad years. Read a book instead of skipping through it.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Isn't it technically a non-issue since the Emprah wiped Horus from existence? I know that some factions of Chaos are waiting for Horus to be reborn, but it's taking an awfully long time (Unless he's reborn at the same moment of the Emperor. )

I've only read some of the Horus Heresy and other related books though, so might be missing some pieces of the puzzle.

Elegant Egotism

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Horus was cloned by Fabius Bile several times until Abaddon got fed up and destroyed his body. No more Horus, ever.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Eisenhorn and the Ravenor series are the best books out from the Black Library.
Totally amazing, recommend to everyone.

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Elegant Egotism

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:27 pm

Lt. Brookman
Horus was cloned by Fabius Bile several times until Abaddon got fed up and destroyed his body. No more Horus, ever.

How did Fabius get Horus essence? He was burned from existence so I'd assume there's nothing left. Unless you just need something minute like a piece of skin or whatnot. Even then, you wouldn't have Horus but rather a look-alike.

Wouldn't the Chaos Gods be able to do something about it? They bring their servants back to life.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:40 am

Serebrate
Lt. Brookman

How did Fabius get Horus essence? He was burned from existence so I'd assume there's nothing left. Unless you just need something minute like a piece of skin or whatnot. Even then, you wouldn't have Horus but rather a look-alike.

Wouldn't the Chaos Gods be able to do something about it? They bring their servants back to life.
*sounds buzzer* WRONG. Horus was killed but his body was not destroyed by the Emperor, how else would Abaddon get the Talon of Horus in the first place.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Elegant Egotism

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:39 am

ohman. We've got an internet cool-guy over here.

I don't know, maybe he killed Horus himself and not his armor? According to several sources "the Emperor destroyed Horus utterly, his essence burned from existence." Perhaps he destroyed flesh but not armor?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:09 pm

Or just his soul.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:59 pm

Lt. Brookman
Or just his soul.

That's the way that I always interpreted it. AND it would explain why Horus hasn't come back to a**-rape the Imperium as a Daemon.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:42 pm

So considering out of the most of the books I read, how exactly did this religious, believing the Emperor was a god start, I mean didn't The Emperor try to make sure that religion was wiped out?

Syumerrt

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Syumerrt
So considering out of the most of the books I read, how exactly did this religious, believing the Emperor was a god start, I mean didn't The Emperor try to make sure that religion was wiped out?

Part of it was that he reunited all of humanity. Part of it was that he was several millenniums old. Part of it was that he killed Horus and saved humanity. Then you've got the stuff with the Astronomican and all of that other shite.

It really didn't start up until after he died.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:09 pm

The Horus Heresy novels delve into this matter, the glorification of the Emperor started some time before the heresy when people started to believe that the Emperor truly was a god, something he took great lengths to deny. It wasn't until several millennia after the heresy that all religious sub-groups were absorbed into the Ecclessiarchy a.k.a. "the Imperial church".

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:11 am

Hmm, and I see why the Soul Drinkers hate the Imperium, or at least the factions responsible for it's "corruption".
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 pm

Heh. The emperor is a lazy bum, and only delivered the final blow to Horus. Sanguinius was the one who severely weakened Horus, even though it killed him to fight his best friend out of the primarchs.
And what is worse is that even before the Horus Heresy even started, the emperor was trying to kill Konrad Curze! Curze's terror tactics were secretly sanctioned by the emperor, but when all of the primarchs were together the emperor chastised his own creation, the monster that he had created! So he pretty much constantly sent assassins to try and kill Curze, who everytime, destroyed each assassin with ease, because Curze was supposedly able to "see into the future."
So, do you still believe that the emperor is a good guy XP.

Justinsanelylucky

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:58 am

Justinsanelyluckly, read Lexicanum for god sake. Konrad Curze didn't have assassins sent after him till after the Invasion of Terra, and let me also say that he allowed one of them to kill him, though it wasn't confirmed if he was killed or not, because the video feeds cut off right before the fight.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games