Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:47 pm
Ess The Shattered
My name is Ess.

I have been a Gaian user since 2006; on various accounts.
I have also been a Gaian enthusiast and micro-historian.

I am good with math, arithmetic, vocalization, public speaking, charisma, sociology, psychology, economics, presentation, ect ect ect ...

I was found in the H2K13 Event but members of this guild and was heavily persuaded to join and offer my unique skill set, as I had fully and completely unwound the flaws of the Battle System both numerically, socially, and systematically.

My "demonstration" /slash/ "protest" of the event was to achieve maximum efficiency while using no gold or cash for the event.

I was able to achieve one of the highest scores and placement in the event worldwide from original skill and showmanship.
People do not NEED to pay to win, nor is it kind to have PAYING users on the same field as those you cater too as Free Users.

Free Users drove this site to fame, Free Users donated this site for years to keep it running, and Free Users are what ENTICE other users to PAY for "said advantage."

Ultimately, because Gaia is a community first, and a "game" second (or even third), the Free Users (as we are called) make up the entire soul and backbone of everything.

That being said; my rant is over and this is entirely not how I thought my welcoming post would go.

I'm sure I forgot to say tons of stuff, and the stuff I did say is all jambled up.
Apologies there.

Anyhow, I guess on this fine 5th of November (remember, remember); I'm joining you full-heartedly.

Hi!

It's amazing that you were able to systematically de-tangle all of the issues with the event (and possibly Gaia its self) Send me a link to your insights! I quit the event after they put out the boosts so I don't know what happened in there since then. I still think it was stupid that EB was ahead when there were obviously so many Jacks. I think we all have a ton of stuff to rant about buried deep down. It took me like three hours to properly format my first SF feedback rant and I found no way to make it shorter than 2000 words gonk

You are welcome here, can't wait to see what you have to offer.

Here is your Revolution: Gaia welcome kit! -

Here is a banner for your siggy, but there are several others to choose from if you wish to use one - no pressure smile

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/revolution-gaia/g.409847/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/revolutiongaia.gif~original[/img][/url]

Some important topics of interest (cuz all the cool kids are doing it) smile
Revolution: Gaia Rules and Guidelines
Show Your Support: Get The Look!
Revolution: Gaia Arenas
Revolution: Gaia Chatterbox Hangout
Revolution: Gaia Charity

Heres yer sign (expect a special gift User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) heart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 pm
Pwnder
Ess The Shattered
My name is Ess.

I am good with math, arithmetic, vocalization, public speaking, charisma, sociology, psychology, economics, presentation, ect ect ect ...

I was found in the H2K13 Event but members of this guild and was heavily persuaded to join and offer my unique skill set, as I had fully and completely unwound the flaws of the Battle System both numerically, socially, and systematically.

My "demonstration" /slash/ "protest" of the event was to achieve maximum efficiency while using no gold or cash for the event.

I was able to achieve one of the highest scores and placement in the event worldwide from original skill and showmanship.
People do not NEED to pay to win, nor is it kind to have PAYING users on the same field as those you cater too as Free Users.

Free Users drove this site to fame, Free Users donated this site for years to keep it running, and Free Users are what ENTICE other users to PAY for "said advantage."

Ultimately, because Gaia is a community first, and a "game" second (or even third), the Free Users (as we are called) make up the entire soul and backbone of everything.

That being said; my rant is over and this is entirely not how I thought my welcoming post would go.

I'm sure I forgot to say tons of stuff, and the stuff I did say is all jambled up.
Apologies there.

Anyhow, I guess on this fine 5th of November (remember, remember); I'm joining you full-heartedly.

Hi!

It's amazing that you were able to systematically de-tangle all of the issues with the event (and possibly Gaia its self) Send me a link to your insights! I quit the event after they put out the boosts so I don't know what happened in there since then. I still think it was stupid that EB was ahead when there were obviously so many Jacks. I think we all have a ton of stuff to rant about buried deep down. It took me like three hours to properly format my first SF feedback rant and I found no way to make it shorter than 2000 words gonk

Here is a banner for your siggy, but there are several others to choose from if you wish to use one - no pressure smile

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/revolution-gaia/g.409847/][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/snakeflame/revolutiongaia.gif~original[/img][/url]

Heres yer sign (expect a special gift User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) heart

well, i wouldn't say i actually found out the code generator used for it, but i found out all the bugs and what was wrong with it (SPECIFICALLY)

there are still 2 things that i haven't figured out, the same two things from last year's event, and the 2009 event as well (same season)  

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 pm
Ess The Shattered
Pwnder
Ess The Shattered
My name is Ess.

Apologies there.

Hi!

User Image

well, i wouldn't say i actually found out the code generator used for it, but i found out all the bugs and what was wrong with it (SPECIFICALLY)

there are still 2 things that i haven't figured out, the same two things from last year's event, and the 2009 event as well (same season)

lol I never insinuated you figured out coding issues talk2hand
That would be a bit of a challenge from a users perspective.

your making me very curious though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:09 pm
Pwnder
Ess The Shattered
Pwnder
Ess The Shattered
My name is Ess.

Apologies there.

Hi!

User Image

lol I never insinuated you figured out coding issues talk2hand
That would be a bit of a challenge from a users perspective.

your making me very curious though 3nodding

*insert long story about battle with gaia interactive inc. and admin leads during the H2K13 event and deleted threads*

suffice to say i wasn't as organized as i would have liked; i did not know about this guild at the time, nor did i have intent to make a mission out of it, some of the things i do not have back-up copies for, but can give rough-re:explanations

the other stuff i'd really need the event back up to have it cut and dry (unless i have access to my old posts in the event forums?) but sure

i'm thinking of making 2 threads tonight that should sate my revolutionary appetite for the day  

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:21 pm
Ess The Shattered

*insert long story about battle with gaia interactive inc. and admin leads during the H2K13 event and deleted threads*

suffice to say i wasn't as organized as i would have liked; i did not know about this guild at the time, nor did i have intent to make a mission out of it, some of the things i do not have back-up copies for, but can give rough-re:explanations

the other stuff i'd really need the event back up to have it cut and dry (unless i have access to my old posts in the event forums?) but sure

i'm thinking of making 2 threads tonight that should sate my revolutionary appetite for the day

Sounds good to me. I'd like to hear your input on this issue / event.

I remember jumping into the thread that had mods and staff playing. Upon reflection that was RIGHT before all of the potions were mass released/announced. I did not continue to play after that but it seemed like they wanted to jump in and have fun before it all got stupid with the GC potions. (my own personal thought) I don't have any real insight on this topic other than they really destroyed it by catering to the GC users who spend rediculous amounts of money on the site and shoving out casual free players in the process. Not to mention the potion price manipulation to make it all happen that way. Grrr  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:39 pm
Pwnder
Ess The Shattered

Sounds good to me. I'd like to hear your input on this issue / event.

I remember jumping into the thread that had mods and staff playing. Upon reflection that was RIGHT before all of the potions were mass released/announced. I did not continue to play after that but it seemed like they wanted to jump in and have fun before it all got stupid with the GC potions. (my own personal thought) I don't have any real insight on this topic other than they really destroyed it by catering to the GC users who spend rediculous amounts of money on the site and shoving out casual free players in the process. Not to mention the potion price manipulation to make it all happen that way. Grrr

there was one user (yuel/yuol/yual team bunny) that, if i had to guess, spent ...

at least $4000 dollars on the event

he had every single MC from this month
every single booster/pot from this month
(including eternal god mode and uuber shield)

idk unless gaia used him as poster boi for ppl to buy the stuff
it's insane like omfg

and he was popping 100% restores like m&m's  

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:47 pm
Ess The Shattered

there was one user (yuel/yuol/yual team bunny) that, if i had to guess, spent ...

it's insane like omfg

OMGWTF!? you can't be serious.......
WTH is wrong with that person? what does he do for a living? why would anyone do that? for a singular event. Those potions, at that price, should last through the lifetime of battle system threads on Gaia.!!! I mean really, what the heck is the ultimate prize for the event anyway? was it worth $4000?

I gotta sweet talk this dude into paying my measly $300 electric bill every month. cool

I really really really feel that there are users out there who are poster boys for the cash item sales. Some people just waltz in to topics with this seemingly innocent attitude about things and how much they spend that is just unreal and creepy... makes me wonder. I'm not buying into it either, literally...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:25 pm
Pwnder
Ess The Shattered

it's insane like omfg

OMGWTF!? you can't be serious.......
WTH is wrong with that person? what does he do for a living? why would anyone do that? for a singular event. Those potions, at that price, should last through the lifetime of battle system threads on Gaia.!!! I mean really, what the heck is the ultimate prize for the event anyway? was it worth $4000?

I gotta sweet talk this dude into paying my measly $300 electric bill every month. cool

I really really really feel that there are users out there who are poster boys for the cash item sales. Some people just waltz in to topics with this seemingly innocent attitude about things and how much they spend that is just unreal and creepy... makes me wonder. I'm not buying into it either, literally...

well what i meant was, i think he got it for "free" from gaia staff
(he was not a mod or an artist or a helper)

like "hey look at me, i got all this stuff, doesn't it make you want to buy it"
i mean, he might have dropped 4 grand, but the only other thing i can think of is if gaia actually gave him all that stuff as a sick joke idk

either way, but yeah, just finished my massive heart-felt topic  

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points

Gemini Syndrome

Tipsy Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:18 pm
jellykans
Hi and welcome! While mgmt. seems to be angling for those who want to 'look good' exclusively, let's hope they recall what made this a great site - the people. I love having Gaia friends from all over the world. I think you will like the people here.

Haha, thank you for the warm welcome! Yeah, but it's not that I am against 'looking good' but I wish it wasn't only for (I said only for 'cause whoever said I was innocent?8D) messing around in the crudest way.

We all know that a lot of users have quit and I knew great people who really left the site and moved on because of this world's current 'Vision'. Anyway, I'm sure there are still awesome people who hope and pursue to rebuild a better GaiaOnline. And hey, I think I'm already starting to like the people here. n vn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:39 pm
Gemini Syndrome
jellykans
Hi and welcome! While mgmt. seems to be angling for those who want to 'look good' exclusively, let's hope they recall what made this a great site - the people. I love having Gaia friends from all over the world. I think you will like the people here.

Haha, thank you for the warm welcome! Yeah, but it's not that I am against 'looking good' but I wish it wasn't only for (I said only for 'cause whoever said I was innocent?8D) messing around in the crudest way.

We all know that a lot of users have quit and I knew great people who really left the site and moved on because of this world's current 'Vision'. Anyway, I'm sure there are still awesome people who hope and pursue to rebuild a better GaiaOnline. And hey, I think I'm already starting to like the people here. n vn

That's how I feel, too. Glad to meet you.  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Luna Leska

Devoted Lovergirl

10,150 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 pm
Greetings to my fellow Gaians,
I am Luna Leska, Lulu or Luna for short.
I have been apart of Gaia since May 2003, though this is not my original account.
I like many, enjoyed the things the old Gaia offered.
I enjoyed feeling like I was a member/supporter of a community and not a dollar sign.
I am a 'resident' in the Barton Town role play forums as well as the Chatter box.
Being a Gaia addict this site became like a second home.
I made friends, created many Gaian families and grew to call this a place
where I was accepted when the world of reality seemed to not.

It has recurred to me in these last few months that the Gaia I knew is no longer.
But, I have decided not to give up and join the fight to restore this place to its former glory!
I look forward to taking up ranks with the rest of you who still have faith and
are tired of being ignored!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:24 pm
Luna Leska
Greetings to my fellow Gaians,
I am Luna Leska, Lulu or Luna for short.
I have been apart of Gaia since May 2003, though this is not my original account.
I like many, enjoyed the things the old Gaia offered.
I enjoyed feeling like I was a member/supporter of a community and not a dollar sign.
I am a 'resident' in the Barton Town role play forums as well as the Chatter box.
Being a Gaia addict this site became like a second home.
I made friends, created many Gaian families and grew to call this a place
where I was accepted when the world of reality seemed to not.

It has recurred to me in these last few months that the Gaia I knew is no longer.
But, I have decided not to give up and join the fight to restore this place to its former glory!
I look forward to taking up ranks with the rest of you who still have faith and
are tired of being ignored!

Hey, Luna! Glad to have you with us!
We need strong and loyal members to help us push this revolution forward.
I'm really looking forward to working together!

If you'd like to put a banner in your signature, we've got loads of them! Here's one example. Please be sure to check out the others if you're interested!

User Image

Here are some threads you might be interested in reading:

If you'd like an SOS sign, please let me know!

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

The Soulless Puppet

Obsessive Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 pm
Hi. I am The Soulless Puppet. I am a graphic artist in the PG and I also have a Charity.
I'm rich because of GC, but not in the way you think.
I WON my gold by playing smashblox, not buying items.
Admittedly, I use to spend a lot of money, but now I see no point when 40mill isn't even worth it anymore.
So I am here, to stop buying GCash and be a voice to be heard.
I admit, I still have a problem with it, it's hard to not buy, but I am getting over my problem.
Yes, I do see it as a problem, too.

So nice to meet you all~  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:11 pm
The Soulless Puppet
Hi. I am The Soulless Puppet. I am a graphic artist in the PG and I also have a Charity.
I'm rich because of GC, but not in the way you think.
I WON my gold by playing smashblox, not buying items.
Admittedly, I use to spend a lot of money, but now I see no point when 40mill isn't even worth it anymore.
So I am here, to stop buying GCash and be a voice to be heard.
I admit, I still have a problem with it, it's hard to not buy, but I am getting over my problem.
Yes, I do see it as a problem, too.

So nice to meet you all~

Welcome, Soulless Puppet. I couldn't be happier to have you here with us!

We're all here to have our voices heard and to take a stand in the manner you mentioned so perfectly. You're not the only one that's taking a stand with trying hard not to buy GCash, and I'm just thrilled that you decided to join us here. It's so nice to meet you and WELCOME!!!

If you'd like to put a banner in your signature, we've got loads of them! Here's one example. Please be sure to check out the others if you're interested!

User Image

Here are some threads you might be interested in reading:

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

akida kuriyama

Dedicated Gaian

13,850 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 am
akida kuriyama here. semi-active member since '03. i'm known for excessive lurking-only giving my 2 cents on occasion, and hiatuses. i earned 90% of my gc items through farming fish/trash/etc and would only buy gc every couple months mostly to support the site i enjoy coming back to time and again. but the way things have changed these last few months, there is no point in farming. the event games, once grand, competitive, chaotic and fun, have been sold out (even the winning item grant seems quite half-assed compared to the past and i'm pretty sure both sides got the same thing even). (major, black friday style) flash sales every 3-4 weeks, with all items $50-$x00. 24 hr flash sales about 3 times a week to try and hook impulse buys. and don't even get me started on flynn. i'm afraid if this keeps up i might just go on hiatus again soon. and this time, there wont be anything for me to come back to gaia_gaiagold  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games