Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[+][L-N+][P-UL] ~ SHOUNEN POP - 少年POP ~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Changes To The Thread...
  Read? -YES-
View Results

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I think you underestimate what I can live up to, Ruki-san." Koyasu winked before laughing softly, "Gomen gomen... it'll take some getting used to for calling you Ishi-san. Ruki just seems to fit you so much better really."

He turned on his heel, white coat gracefully flaring out behind him as the musician lead Izzy Lucky from the loft and to the waiting car.
For once, Narcissus had opted out of the limo idea, and instead had a simple 4-door BMW with chauffeur.
In other words... the two wouldn't be alone.
This arrangement was something that Akihiko knew his new manager would be a bit more comfortable with.

"You're worried," Narcissus spoke, crossing one knee over the other once he was comfortably seated in the roomy backseat. "That I'll spend my entire budget, hmm?" the man asked, cocking his head to the side just slightly. "I wouldn't worry about a budget, Ishi-san. Maybe with Nakai, but not me. Stifling my budget is about the same as stifling my creativity... because for me to be my best," he focused knowing blue eyes on the manager. "I have to be free to create without limits. Financial limits included."

Pulling a pack of cigarettes from his coat, he placed one between his lips before lighting it. "You've nothing to fret over, Izzy Lucky. Of course you could be fretting over so many things at the moment... but I assure you, none of those worries have any founded grounds. I may be a p***k," Akihiko laughed darkly at this. "But at least I'm an honest p***k."

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:03 pm
What a shock, it was so surprising,
You looked so small and frail------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

Izzy Lucky
At times life can be so enlightening .uoy no nrut nac ti tuB

Izzy followed the handsome man down to the BMW. His brown leather coat flowed freely with him and while he would never agree, he actually looked pretty good in his suit. Fashionable but never outdoing those that should show up...his stars came first.

A smile upon his lips as he glanced at the driver. The sight of the man relaxed him considerably. Akihiko was right about that. As he sat down and eased back into the seat, he had to smile at Narcissus. "Ah...well you see I am more worried on how it's spent. Why spend a fortune on something I could manage to get for less? You may have an outrageous budget but I bet I can get the things you need for far less. Why waste the yen?"

He glanced down at his iphone and picked up on the news, "Good grief, they've already got my assignment on the reel. They knew before I did!" he shook his head and thanked his wise decision for taking the job. He would have hated to see the other publicity had he refused! Then he wondered who leaked the information? The Chairman's office? Koyasu-san? Someone did.

He would have looked up but his eyes caught the next line causing him to sigh, "Smash has so much going on right now. I'm surprised they didn't get a law suit out of all that with Ryuukaze...but it looks like they're covering it up with the joint album."

But then he had to laugh just a little as he looked over his competitors, "Looks like they've got live coverage of Shou today too from Smash." He bit his lip..."I've got to say, his clothes...I want access to his tailor. If Shou wasn't so damned secretive. Surprised they put him with Hikari Ya Yami. But I can see the possibilities; if they can control him. But maybe that is the Magic...they can't. Can't even imagine his budget." His eyes twinkled with the sheer thought of the fantastical Visual Kei star.

Looking up he realized he was rambling just a little, "Gomen, I was just catching up on the competition. His eyes trailed to the cigarette and a frown crossed his lips. He didn't want to outright say no about smoking even though he didn't like cigarettes, especially in combination with vocalists. "Fretting...I'm only fretting about your competition as of this moment." He said with a hint of amusement.

Turning his phone around, he showed him the screen displaying 'Prince' Shou and his princess then it changed to Naoko/Ryu blinking the news. "This is what I need to be worrying about...Shou's fans are rabid for him. And if he's on the new album has Ryuukaze too...well it's sure to bring Smash more headlines. I need you and Nakai to top that combination."

-:{------------------------------------------------I didn't know what to do
I grabbed the tiger by the tail!

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Hand in the Cookie Jar 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:58 pm

It was slow at first.
There wasn't a sudden explosion, but a twitch to Akihiko's eyebrows.
Then he smirked.
When that couldn't keep it at bay, he pressed the back of one hand against his lips, trying to force the reaction down.
But not even that worked...
Then it started like a slow avalanche.
He really couldn't help it, but Izzy Lucky had just made a most glorious Freudian Slip.
And Narcissus laughed.
In fact, his laughter was so intoxicating, that the musician literally had to double over, hair hiding his expression, as he continued to laugh.
Then, when it looked as if his spine might break, his head shot up and he leaned back against the car's soft leather, tilting his head back and full out laughing even more.

A few moments of this and he was good to go, but as he smiled, genuinely for once, his blue gaze focused on his brand new manager, that very smile reaching his eyes.
"I don't quite know the sexual orientations of the members of 'Hikari Ya Yami' nor of Shou or Ryuukaze... but I'm rather confident that I can 'top' them." he spoke teasingly, added extra inflection on the word 'top'.

He laughed softly for a few more moments, obviously having found an insane amount of humor in Izzy's words, before trying to focus back on work.
But now it was hard... damn hard...
"I don't suppose you've images of the band or Ryuukaze? I could let you know in an instant where they'd fall. Shou... well, he looks delicious enough to eat, but may be a bit of a mouthful."
Koyasu was having FAR too much fun teasing his manager over the phrasing, and try as he might, he simply couldn't get back on track.
Hiroki had always said he tended to exhibit a 'one-track mind' at times...

"Shou's wardrobe is second to none." Narcissus spoke, trying to get back on track as he pulled on his cigarette, glad that his spell of laughter was broken. "I don't have as outlandishly gaudy tastes as he does... I prefer the more ordinary. You know..." he tipped the ashes of his cigarette into an ashtray. "I had heard he wanted to create his own reality outside the true reality of the world... a fantasy world all his own. I suppose his costumes help with the effect. I for one, prefer to have my fans fantasizing, but not losing themselves in that fantasy." Akihiko winked at Izzy. "Losing touch with reality can be dangerous ground to tread, after all."

Narcissus pulled his own iphone from his pocket and began looking at the images he had wondered about earlier.
"This one looks like Nakai..." he eventually spoke, a smirk forming as the gears in his mind turned. "Wonder what those two would look like in bed. Who would top who, I wonder..."
Ah, if Koyasu had only known...
Or did he?

Shrugging his shoulders, the dark-haired man looked back at Izzy Lucky. "Shou may be a genius... but so am I. I won't be outdone by a flashy dressing brat who's fans tend to boarder on psychotic... and that's just putting it nicely, Ishi-san."

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:55 pm
You looked so small and frail------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

Izzy Lucky

If Izzy would have realized what he had just said...but it was too late! He could only watch wondering what had caused the twitch and sudden doubling over. The sudden explosion of laughter from Narcissus filled the car and finally the meaning sank in as Narcissus spoke. His eyes widened as he thought about those words; the blush flashed across his face and suddenly he was in his own little fluster!

"Oh no, no no! I didn't mean it that way!" he choked a bit on his own words, but it was too late...Narcissus was having a hay day now with his comment and Izzy couldn't even figure out how to stop it. So he tried very hard to follow the question that was given him instead. Flicking open his briefcase quite quickly, he reached inside and tugged out a file of images label 'Stars to Watch - Priority'

He handed the file to Narcissus speedily and hoped the man would stop talking about 'TOPPING' his rivals! He coughed and then said, "I've far too many photos of your rivals but it's important to know your competition like you would your....mmm...nevermind." He wasn't about to say 'friend', 'lover', or anything of the sort. That would give Narcissus a giggle fit that would last the rest of the ride!!

"Ryuukaze is actually rather wild on stage so he might look good against Shou's theatrics. His violin and his voice...Yes..that would be an interesting match. Oh, I agree, Shou's wardrobe is really...exotic. And yes, your style is very different from his. I don't think I could compare you and Shou." He pointed to a few of the photos of amazingly elaborate costume cladding Shou. "I've heard the same thing about Shou and if you've ever seen footage of his concerts, I'd dare say I'd believe it."

"Hmm....NAKO...ah... umm.. yes....uh...he does look very much like Nakai but there is a difference. NAKO is taller than Nakai by a good 4 inches. What!? Narcissus! You shouldn't be talking about those sorts of things." How he knew he'd NEVER tell...no way in hell! But yes, after the alley, Izzy had a very good idea how tall both men were rather intimately and a reasonable guess on how they might look...against a brick wall...not a bed but close enough. In fact, He even could have took a solid guess another set of measurements! With that thought, he swallowed and realized he almost had been distracted by something that he shouldn't think about!

Fortunately the comment also had another aspect that he had to seriously consider, "Yes, since NAKO and Nakai do look so much alike, I run into a different problem. Mistaken identities. I have to make sure that Nakai is unique and stands out on his own. Someone could mistake him for NAKO and that could be good or bad depending on SMASH and NAKO's success. He's actually going to be a very tough project. That's why I've all these photos of NAKO in his performances. So I can make sure Nakai's personal style doesn't look like NAKO."

He sat back again and pondered Smash's moves. "I really wonder what SMASH is up to. Almost like they are making some sort of super group with the people they've put together. Mmm...It's large enough to be distracting from other areas. That might be where I need to be looking. Yes, Shou is a genius and I know you're also brilliant. But that is something to think about Koyasu-san. His fan base...Shou has been really smart or his people are really smart that back him. His fans are taken care of...he's quite popular online and connects with the fans there. I really liked his online store too. No I don't think you'll be outdone by him, but I do think that you should get to know him...." He stopped there and didn't say the last word. No no...not a fool...

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:15 pm

"So many questions for you... so little time..." Akihiko found himself whispering, his blue gaze focused on the images that Izzy had handed him.
It seemed like every member of 'Hikari Ya Yami' were worthy of his bed... because they were all gorgeous in his sight.

But Shou, Ryuukaze, and Naoko were standing out best of all.
Shou because he was the biggest rival that Narcissus had to deal with.
Ryuukaze because he was plastered all over the news at the moment.
And Naoko because he looked so damn much like Nakai.

"Four inches, you say?" the prodigy asked, raising an eyebrow at this. "Do you have stats for the man memorized or..." blue eyes focused on Izzy Lucky. "Have you met the man personally?"

Something was picking at the back of his mind however.
He had seen Naoko before... and it wasn't as some creepy clone of Nakai's.
No...
Gaze flickering back to his iphone, the young Koyasu did a quick internet search on the pianist.
Finally... BINGO.

"Did you know NAKO was kidnapped three years ago?" Narcissus spoke, almost offhandedly. "He went missing for three months... The cover story seemed to be that he was on vacation, but his brother... Sai... seemed convinced it was kidnapping. A year later, their lead vocalist at the time went MIA. Something like that, if it really was a kidnapping, would certainly screw with a guy's psyche." his gaze focused on Izzy again, and the musician was completely serious. "Distance Nakai from him in every aspect of the word. Don't let the two meet, don't let them just happen to end up in the same place, don't let ANYONE compare them. Not even yourself. Because if someone mistakes Naoko for Nakai... Kai's career could be over."

He didn't exactly expand on why he thought this, or the urgency in his order.
It was a feeling...
A gut instinct that told him Naoko was trouble.

"He's the only remaining member of the original 'Hikari Ya Yami'." Koyasu continued. "Don't think of what I've just said as a request. It's an order, Ishi-san." his icy eyes narrowed dangerously. "The tabloids are already talking about a possible relationship between NAKO and Ryuukaze... yes, don't look so surprised, I watch the news too. You need to keep the idea of Nakai attainable... and the only way to do that is to either portray him as 'bi', like me... or don't disclose his preferences to anyone, the media included. This business between pianist and violinist will ruin both of them... it's only a matter of time." Sighing, Koyasu handed the folder of pictures back to Izzy. "And I'd rather NOT see Nakai fail." the man winked, a teasing smile in place. "He's too cute."

Shou was going to be a problem, that much Akihiko knew. Naoko's resemblance to Nakai was, however, going to be a bigger one.
As much as he would love to see the two intertwined... he didn't want Kai's career ruined because of it.
Narcissus knew now, however... that he would need to keep his shrewd gaze on Shou, Naoko, 'Hikari Ya Yami', Ryuukaze... and even on Nakai...

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 pm
User Image

Izzy Lucky

"Ah well, his stats are on the web. But I have met him once. Part of the job to see what other stars are like so I can make my own stars better." he said trying to be as bland as possible about it while his mind recalled their first moments...and finally the coffee shop. All that advice he had give to Nako. Seemed rather distant now or was it that he was trying very hard to put it to the back of his mind.

"Really? No I didn't know that piece about NAKO..." And in his curiosity actually moved just a little closer to see what news Narcissus had on his Iphone. He started frowning as Narcissus continued because the man was right some of this could come back on Nakai and not in good ways. Each word sent his mind running scary scenarios and he couldn't express how he felt especially when he realized his other problem...the had met and not in a way he would have ever thought to meet them both. "Well, I can't lock Nakai in a closet from Nako. I think it would only be far more of a temptation if he were denied something. But I will advise him about the matter."

His face couldn't mask the concern that caused his brow to furrow and a finger to push the glasses into place again. The strong order caused his eyes to flick upward to meet Narcissus' narrow ones. He could almost see the Chairman's eyes in the man at at that moment...protecting his assets. It was rather surprising to see this side of Koyasu-san. Something he had not expected especially in the form of this particular order.

"Nakai won't have any trouble coming off as Bi if that is his wish...his fan mail reflects quite a bit of female interest. More than males at the moment. And I do understand your concern. I've been thinking about Nakai's career very seriously. The tabloids never reflect the full truth but there is much for me to do to assure Nakai's status. I am thinking that this upcoming tour with you will set him apart. I am determined to make him a success there...as well as continuing your own." The only unfortunate part for Izzy was that he wouldn't have much time...as usual for his own life. Not that this was anything new, but still sometimes he wanted a little more than racing from work to more work.

His lips formed a small smile when Koyasu-san mentioned that Nakai was cute. "Ah...he is. But all my stars have been quite attractive." Sometimes too attractive...in the case of Nakai and Narcissus.

Turnng his head to the window, he watched the street reflecting on these moments and the worry started to pour into his finger tips that strummed the edge of the armrest. Nakai...already in such a precarious place. Narcissus was right and he couldn't tell Narcissus that these problems were already real...right now. What was he going to do? That was a really good question.

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:30 pm
Do you know what you got into
Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

SHOU
No escaping when I start .traeh ruoy nwo I ni m'I ecnO

The music and warm up kept Shou going for about an hour taking a few cues from his audio people to bring everything in sync. But then as the time passed he realized that maybe the others weren't going to make it and really, he wasn't going to waste time waiting for them to show up before he started working on his own music. Studio time was expensive, and he wasn't about to waste it on some foolish notion that the other band members might get serious enough to show.

Frustrating to say the least even as he worked through a set of Hikari ya yami's music that had been recorded for just these moments. Well at least, he felt he could pull off most of the tunes even though he'd prefer to do newer songs. But fan's always wanted a dose of the past mix in with the new.

Ending a set, he set down the lyrics sheets and spied Hamu-kun waiting just outside with a light lunch in hand. His smile broadened as he strode over and put an arm across Hamu-kun's shoulder. "I guess I've time to eat because the rest of the band seems to have forgotten that they work for a living."

Yamada Haru sighed just a little, "Well, I've not been able to reach Scott either so I've not any new news for you, Shou-sama" He handed the man his lunch and then immediately popped open his phone. "If the band doesn't show up by 2 do would you like to do a quick interview with Arena37 magazine? They've been wanting to talk about you and your recent move to this band."

Shou laughed and rolled his eyes, "While I want to do an interview with Arena37, they probably also wish to hear from the rest of the band too. And well, at the moment, I can't even tell them where the rest of the band is!"

Then, he opened up the Bento box and peeked inside. "Oh Hamu-kun, these are delightful!" He found a seat close by then looked at the various foods shaped like small animals. Everything from tiny sandwiches to sushi. "From my favorite hold in the wall eatery!"

"Of course. You work better when you've eaten food you like." answered Yamada-san who took to leaning against the wall as he continued to work around the schedule. "Ok, so if Arena37 is out for the today, I will offer them a day next week but as for today, you mentioned that you wanted to see that Charity venue last week? The one for underprivileged teens. I know they have a 3pm slot open if you want to visit the facilities."

"That works, Hamu-kun. My younger fans asked me on my blog recently if I would be performing for that event. The Charity has been requesting donations of time from musicians for a larger performance. So...I feel that I should at least consider the venue. xFantasyx will sponsor if I attend and...a few other clients certainly." He nibbled on the sandwich knowing that he'd need another touchup from makeup afterwards. However, he appreciated Hamu-kun's dedication.

"Yes, Shou-sama. I'm also working on arranging that meeting with one of the video game companies. You're style matches the image they envision for one of their characters. If things don't work out with Hikari ya yami, I think this might be a good option while you continue to produce another solo album." said Yamada-san as he dialed the Charity's number. Once they picked up, he scheduled the meeting.

Shou just nodded as he listened to his secretary set things up. Yes, he'd continue in the manner he had always done until Hikari ya yami proved itself a worthy venture. Thus...continued Shou's day in the Studio...

-:{------------------------------------------------Cause it’s about to get rough for you
I’m here For Your Entertainment

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:52 pm
K a i - H i g u r i

"Welcome, Nakai..." Okay, 'welcome'? This was turning out to be a job interview or something... The rest of it went on with just the same amount of formality, and it was dripping with a businesslike tone that was so uncharacteristic of Ryuukaze, or so Kai thought.

First of all, Kai was startled at the fact that Ryu was so calm and serious. Ryu had always seemed to him the type to be out there, spunky, rash, and a little immature. This sudden change in demeanor caught Kai off guard—but only for a moment. Not even a little hint of surprise had crossed his face.
The second thing that surprised Kai was the subject of the conversation. Naoko? Sure, Naoko wanted Kai, but they wanted each other in a more... open way. It was a thing of convenience. It was obvious to Kai that Naoko felt something different for Ryu. Why was there this rift all of a sudden? Unless...
And then there came the third thing. When Ryu said that he had heard about "yesterday," Kai was a little confused for just a second. He had forgotten that it was two in the morning, and therefore, what had happened in the alleyway was, technically, yesterday. This caused Kai to blink for a second. Shouldn't Ryu be smashing his head over with a cane or something because of his fling with Naoko? Why this sudden turn of generosity? Kai felt a little suspicion build inside him, but the curiosity overshadowed that.

The moment tears spilled over, Kai found himself rooted to the spot. What the hell should he do? There were no tissues to be found anywhere, and so he did what he usually did, which was rush over and gently wipe them away with his thumb. Of course, that made him sort of end up cradling Ryu's cheek in a very suggestive and awkward manner.
Kai quickly pulled back his hand, not really feeling all that flirtatious right now, especially with Ryu. Ryu was someone else's—and Kai also found that he liked the idea of a rivalry between them over Naoko, rather than a non-platonic relationship. That thought just made Kai shudder.

Standing back a bit to give the broken violinist some space, Kai looked down at his feet for a moment to gather his thoughts.
Eventually, he murmured, "Why are you sorry about Naoko?" That was the piece that had actually caught his attention the most. Ryu shouldn't be sorry for Naoko, saying it almost as if Ryu had been responsible for Naoko's actions. Shouldn't Ryu be either more jealous or more defeated? Kai saw the defeat, but he felt a different kind of defeat than the one that he thought he ought to be feeling. "You know... he loves you, right?" Kai winced the moment those words left his lips. Damn insensitive thing to say coming from the one that had caused this rift in the first place.
Kai looked around for a chair. This could take a while.
He decided to shut up before he could say anything else to make it worse, and sat himself down at the chair by the bed, across from Ryu's wheelchair.

((Wow. o.o
Who knew Kai could be such an issue? He's practically on everyone's mind—except for Hamu, Shou, and NAKO, but still... xD))

N a k a i

Lady Sherlock

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:07 pm

"Advise him?"
For a moment, Narcissus regarded Izzy Lucky as if he'd grown a second head.
"Let me put this idea to you differently then, Ruki-san." he didn't even realize that he had called the manager by his first name.
Of course, at least this time, he wasn't being a flirtatious temptation while doing so...
"If I were Nakai and I had the potential to have a relationship that mirrored this potential incident... would you simply 'advise' me?" the man shook his head slightly. "No, you would tell me your full piece about it. There's a difference between you and I... and between you and Kai. I can tell..." smirking darkly, the musical prodigy shrugged his shoulders. "Of course if there's no real threat to be perceived here... then simply advise Nakai. But if there IS a real threat... if the two DO know one another... well... then you've got a real problem on your hands, Manager-san."

Sighing, Akihiko turned his ice blue gaze to the window, watching the busy city pass them by on the way to the studio. "You've no real weakness for 'attractive' men, Ishi-san." this time, he didn't make the name slip. "No... I think your weakness is buried a bit deeper." Narcissus laughed softly, smiling a little as he spoke. "Don't worry though... I'll find it soon enough. Once a weakness is exposed, Izzy Lucky... it's so much easier to protect against further exposure, don't you think?"

After that, the man really didn't say anything further.
And it wasn't long before they finally arrived at the studio...

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:20 pm
((I'm so excited for this joint love/jealousy/angst/protection/flirtation thing that's going to go on between Koyasu, Izzy, and Kai!))  

Lady Sherlock

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:47 pm
( Me too! It's rather amusing to say the least!! -giggles-)  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:49 pm
galythia
((I'm so excited for this joint love/jealousy/angst/protection/flirtation thing that's going to go on between Koyasu, Izzy, and Kai!))

(((OOC: Hehehe, me too! I can't wait til Narcissus and Nakai can actually talk face-to-face. Should be QUITE interesting... OH! And I replied to your pm, btw, hehe.)))  

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500

Nileregwen DoUrden

Tipsy Sex Symbol

14,475 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 pm
After Narcissus left Izzy and walked into the studio, a young woman was waiting just inside the door. "Narcissus-sama, I've a message for you." She bows and holds out a purple sealed note. Obviously from his Grandfather's desk. The woman backs off and continuse on her rounds. Leaving Narcissus with note in hand.

~ ~ ~

Curious about this sudden change in events, Akihiko carefully tore open the envelope.
He hadn't expected the old man to summon him so formally. But then again... the man HAD probably screwed up the secretary more than even Asato wanted to admit... and no doubt the man had informed Ohayou Production's Chairman.
"Kuso..." Narcissus hissed to himself, pulling the note out of the envelope.
It was a simple message...

My office. As soon as you arrive.

"Two sentences? He must be pissed..." the musical prodigy whispered, tossing the note and envelope into the nearest trash bin as he headed toward the elevator.
He stepped inside, white coat flaring around his ankles as he leaned against the wall. It was a long way to the top, with various stops on numerous floors for others to get on or off.
Over half of them couldn't help but stare at Narcissus for a few seconds, before either blushing and looking away... or paling and averting their eyes.
People either loved him or feared him.
It was a sensation that he'd grown used to by now.
With a sigh, Akihiko stepped out of the elevator and ran a hand charmingly through his hair as a slight flourish.
But where Hiroki Asato SHOULD have been sitting, at the secretarial desk outside his grandfather's office... there was no one in sight.
Frustrated by that little tid bit, and a bit disappointed that he seemed to have misjudged the loyalty and drive of the secretary, Koyasu knocked on his grandfather's door, before entering.
"Ohayou gozaimasu, Ojisan." Akihiko spoke with a smirk-like smile, bowing with a flourish once he'd entered and closed the door behind him. "You called for me? And rather formally at that..."

~ ~ ~

The Chairman leaned back in his leather chair with his hands steepled just in front of him. His eyes sharp and clear even as the man was in his 70s, the power behind the strength of his character exuded from his being. He put on the airs of a younger stronger man. The one Koyasu-kun may have only seen when he was quite small. "Ah so you've finally arrived at the Studio. I wondered if you had slept in." He said a bit sarcastically, "Busy this morning, boy? Oh wait. You're always busy aren't you?" His eyes flicked upwards and walked over the younger man like a tiger. Oh no no....he wasn't going to take any s**t today.
"Sit down, Akihiko." he commanded with the airs that almost seemed one of which he'd make him if he didn't get his pants in the seat.

~ ~ ~

Koyasu couldn't help the slight twitch of his left eye at this.
The Chairman was pissed,,, which meant that Hiroki had snitched. Of course, it wasn't like the man couldn't blame him... it had been rather humiliating, after all.
"Busy? Of course." Narcissus spoke, walking forward as if nothing were amiss. "I paid my new manager a visit this morning, to let him know of his new assignment." the man smiled easily. "We talked about all this buzz over at SMASH recently, and about the joint concert of myself and Nakai."
Sitting, Akihiko crossed one leg over the other at the knee. He leaned back, relaxing into the chair, arms draped on the armrest. He was tempted to go for a cigarette, but that was a habit that the Chairman tended to not tolerate in his office.
"To be honest, Ishi-san didn't seem as phased by the announcement as I thought he might be... seems he's ready to handle the pressure of two stars, ojisan."

~ ~ ~

"I see. And I am sure that concert would have been a fine one to be certain." he answered as if calming just a hair in the face. " Well, Ishi-san is one to weigh his response and mask his thoughts. He's much more than you or I have seen yet. He didn't survive Indie Records fall on his own, but he's sharp as they come. If he is nervous, he wouldn't tell you." That much the Chairman knew of the manager, of course, knowing Ishi-san's aunt. He knew exactly where Izzy Lucky's image had been born out of...and why he had hired him. However, this wasn't the reason for bringing Akihiko here.
Watching the boy, the Chairman tilted his head seeing so much of himself in the young man that some times he cursed himself for not doing this earlier. But there was always a time and a place to correct himself and now was that time. " I see." he said slowly as he got up from the desk and walked a around his office glancing at the photos that lined the walls - Fame...and Fortune. "Do you know what this company means to me?" he turned sharply and faced Akihiko, "DO YOU?!"
He stormed up to his grandson and grasped the boy by the throat, "THIS...This is EVERYTHING" His arm gestured wildly behind him to the room..the company. "And YOU...You are NOTHING!"
The old wrinkled hand grasped with a squeeze that might have hinted at the youth lost years ago. Strength and steel but in the eyes maybe a touched by compassion however, for now...no compassion for Akihiko.
"You've step too far, Akihiko....over the line. You've touch what is MINE. You hurt what is MINE. You don't give a s**t about what I'VE WORKED FOR HERE!"

~ ~ ~

Such a reaction... was more than simply unexpected.
But Narcissus took it all in stride, strangely enough.
One thin eyebrow arched as soon as the Chairman's hand closed around his throat. It wasn't tight enough to close his airway, but it was strong enough to show that, if the old man wanted to, he'd certainly put up a fight if Akihiko so much as moved.
He listened... with every fiber of his being he listened... body tense and ready to spring at a moment's notice if he should need to.
But Narcissus' expression remained the same.
That of a cocky rich b*****d of a musician who always got what he wanted.
Blue eyes darkened just a tad as he scrutinized his grandfather's reaction and words.
"I touched your secretary, yes." Narcissus spoke evenly. "Though, least you forget, he touched me as well. All I did was make him angry. He, ojisan, did the rest himself."
Reaching out one hand, Akihiko grasped the Chairman's wrist with his own lithe fingers, the nails digging into the older man's skin just a tad.
"I did nothing but bait him, and he took that bait. Then, when I revealed it as a test and nothing more, he went crying to you, didn't he? You should know better than Hiroki what I'm like, ojisan. But then again," blue eyes narrowed angrily, though his grip didn't tighten. "I've long suspected you'd choose Hiroki to fill your seat one day. It's no surprise that I'm worth less to you than a damn secretary... even though my voice has more than paid tribute to this company and to you."
Laughing darkly, Narcissus applied more pressure to his grip, actually pushing forward to pry the old man's fingers from his own throat.
"What you've worked for, huh?" the man asked, his laughter dying down almost immediately. "And what about what I've worked for? Or have you failed to notice that I'm perhaps the most popular face in all of Japan? Did that somehow never occur to you? I'm your grandson, your only family, and you're pissed that I HURT THE DAMN SECRETARY!"
The man's blue eyes were no longer an icy color... but more like the very depths of the ocean itself.
A storm was brewing behind those eyes... a violent one indeed.
On the one hand, Akihiko knew he could easily arrange for hs own ascension to the throne of Ohayou Productions. There was only one thing... one person in his way. But on the other hand...
He still had use for the old koot.

~ ~ ~

The Chairman felt the grip tighten on his hand. It was as if he saw his own self staring back at him. The anger of his youth flowing out of him and in to his Grandson. It was a fire that took him years to control and now, it was one that Akihiko needed to quell. However, the old man still had a trick or two and released his hand from the boy's throat yanking downward to free his hand from the grip. "No, its not just my secretary, Akihiko. It's much more." He said with a calmer but simmering fire.
"Yes, what you and Asato did together, he has some blame too in the matter, however, he was honest about his deed and involvement. And you really didn't think too much on the matter of messing with My secretary's head. Did you now? Then leaving a mess for me to clean up. But then again you always leave messes that are cleaned up by My money." He paused as he moved away from the boy knowing he'd ticked him off. Good. However, he loved his grandson too even if the boy didn't understand it.
"But as for Asato-san, he said he told you he'd come to me. What did you expect? Me to laugh it off?" He shook his head. "Asato-san is a good man." He said with a softer sigh..."But you seem to have let your own demons blind you. I've given you and Asato-san both rope enough to hang yourselves....and here you are hanging. While Asato-san is an excellent support and crucial to this business, I always thought you would take my place, Akihiko. And I had hoped that Asato-san would be by your side."
Walking back behind his desk he leaned upon it and looked at the boy, "But you cannot even see the truth in your own grandfather's love for you. Or see when he is proud of you. No, all you do is take, and spread fear, lust, hate...and loathing. I bet you even thought about your hands upon my throat." his words had an uncanny knowing as if he could just peer in to the boy's head.
"No, I hadn't planned on my secretary taking over the company...but.." He looked directly into Akihiko's eyes, "...all I can see in you is cruelty and cold ruthless predator."
His words became stilled for a second as if he were making the hardest decision in his life, "I've cut you off, Akihiko. You've no right to the name, the company....the money....any assets tied with Koyasu and Ohayou Productions. You're on your own. You may keep your position but you're on suspension. No Ohayou funded concerts or appearances. Whatever outside resources your manager can find for you on his own, he may use. Your misfortune shouldn't be his...but he did take you on. I'll see how it goes for awhile. Since your misfortune should not be his or Nakai."

~ ~ ~

That singular eyebrow rose once again as Akihiko listened to his grandfather's words.
"You think I'm not honest because I didn't tell you that the secretary banged me?" the man asked, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly. "My methods didn't involve anything more than one simple lie... 'I do hope you realize that in about ten minutes, your body is going to start feeling damn sluggish.' and that lie wasn't really, in fact, a lie, because by the end of that ten minutes.... well.... he had expended himself, so to speak." the man really couldn't understand his grandfather's anger with this. "He allowed himself to be tricked. A test. If he had the gall to stay your secretary, then he passed the test. If he quit and ran away with his tail between his legs then..."
But the old man's next sentence brought further ire from the musician.
"Why should I care if I break the mental defenses of someone else? They should have stronger walls if they want to work in this industry. Ishi-san went through the same sort of test, though perhaps the method was a bit different, and that one he passed with nearly flying colors. A lot better then that of the other bastards you've hired in the past who wanted to manage me." standing, Akihiko wrapped his arms around his chest elegantly, the back of his right hand serving as a rest for his left elbow as one lithe finger tapped just below his left temple. "On the other hand," he said, gesturing with his left hand slightly. "My messes tend to be easily cleaned up... and are hardly stunts that would be betrayed THAT badly in the media. A bedded man here and there, a few girls at a night club in the early morning hours... whatever needed to be 'cleaned up' as you so delicately put it, was easily 'paid off' with the very money I, myself, have earned this company... so I suggest you not lecture me on finances, old man... because what I want, I MYSELF buy... not your precious company."
Standing there, Narcissus let the Chairman continue his apparent rant. For one thing, it gathered his anger into the very core of his being, allowing him to suppress it. With his grandfather safely out of his immediate reach, it forced the young Koyasu to focus on another point to vent his ire... and that was the tapping of his finger near his temple. It was like some strange sort of tick, something that was keeping him from exploding across the room and decking the man whom he actually DID have respect for.
Perhaps the only true respect he'd ever had for anyone in the entire world.
"Who hasn't thought it?" Narcissus spoke suddenly, taking a few steps forward. His expression changed to a malicious half-smirk, dark eyes focused intently on the man in front of him. "If I killed you, ojisan... I'd take your place. Hiroki wouldn't stand in my way. And if he did... well... what's one more to add to the body count, ne?" shrugging, Akihiko shook his head slightly. "But no... as much as I'd benefit from your death, I'd lose as well. You're the face of this company, and right now, it's not in my best interests to become the new face at this time. I'm the face... of this company's music. I'm the one loved nationwide, ojisan. So... I think I'll take adoring fans over prostrating businessmen any day of the week. Even if they end up being as... fun... as Hiroki was." dark laughter followed his words, and preceded his next retort. "Cruelty and cold ruthlessness... a predator... fear, lust, hate, loathing... do you think so little of me, ojisan?"
Turning slightly, his dark laughter returning for a time, Narcissus studied the city spanned out below them from the huge glass windows behind the chairman's desk. "You want the truth? Fine. Fear keeps us from falling... it keeps us on our toes. Hate builds walls strong enough to withstand the stab of betrayal... when, not if, it comes. Loathing keeps us in line, allows us to see what we want or what we dislike in a more personal sense. Lust gives us our deepest desires. Cruelty is the way of the world, ojisan... and as for me being a cold ruthless predator... well..." the man smirked, gaze focused once more on the Chairman. "You raised me well, didn't you? How can you achieve anything in this disgusting world... without fighting, tooth and nail for it? Without being cold... calculating... ruthless...?"
Narcissus had a point. In a negative sort of view of the world. Sure, he could take pleasure in the finer things... but did those things necessarily bring him success?
Or was it something else?
"I've planned and plotted every step of my god-damn career, so don't tell me that I've no idea what it means to be kind and compassionate. I understand those things, things that Hiroki seemed to stubbornly try and drill in my head. I understand them... but that doesn't mean I like them or even want to show them. I've risen high on my talent and shrewd cold behavior, ojisan. NOT on being kind and caring. You built this company to it's pinnacle... and I helped... or have you forgotten exactly how MUCH revenue streams into your bank account because of ME? I..."
It was like a cold punch to the chest.
For the longest moment, Akihiko couldn't say anything. He simply listened... listened to words that were impossible... and yet... his grandfather was saying them...
'I've cut you off, Akihiko...'
That simple phrase continued to repeat itself in his mind, over and over again.
Then... Narcissus moved.
He had blinding speed strangely, probably fueled by a blind rage that even he didn't fully understand. Within a few steps he was standing on the other side of the Chairman's desk, the old man's collar held tightly in his fist.
"You ******** b*****d! I don't think you can even BEGIN to comprehend what will happen to this company when I disappear?!" Akihiko spoke coldly, a deadly precision in his words. "You won't have a third of the funds, at least, to keep this place afloat and you know it! You'll be crawling back to ME if you so much as close one damn bank account of mine!"
Shivering in absolute rage, it was taking every ounce of Akihiko's strength to keep from physically attacking the older man. Everything else be damned, it was his life that the chairman was putting on the line.
Everything he had worked so hard for...
"Testing me won't work, you old b*****d..." those cold fathomless eyes bored directly into the Chairman's own gaze. "You'll feel the hurt from this... and I'll be there, ready and waiting, to bail out your sorry a** with a comeback to the music industry that will blow your mind. Or..." his smirk grew just a little, "Maybe I'll see what other offers are on the table elsewhere. If you don't want to keep me leashed to you anymore... well..." he released the man's collar. "That's your own death sentence you're signing. I wash my hands of it."

~ ~ ~

"My Secretary shouldn't ever have to worry about being tricked by what I consider my Family, Akihiko. He should be able to trust what I considered blood. He is Loyal and committed more than you might ever understand it seems. It's shameful what you've done. Truly shameful." His eyes held a heavy disappointment in them as he watched his grandson reveal his true self more and more.
"Why should you care?!" Now this really floored the Chairman, "Because you don't build a foundation off of broken minds and backs. If you ever thought about anyone but yourself you'd realize that there is more than one person working their a** off for this company's success." But the next words caused him to take a breath of exasperation, "You're messes are easily cleaned up because You are Not the One cleaning them. Money is only a small part of the equation, boy."
Well at least Akihiko confirmed his suspicions; the thought was there. Fortunately, for Koyasu Aki, he had thought almost the same thing years ago...another place, another time. "You're loved nationwide but not by your own back alone, Akihiko...You're fame is not just because you chose to stand on stage. What rises can fall quite easily when the foundation falls out from under you."
He was disgusted that he had let Akihiko fall so far. This was his failure...his mess. And how the cards fell from here, was anyone's guess. However, Akihiko would see what the REAL world is like and soon. And the sooner the better because the next words out of the boy's mouth only meant to make him angry.
"I know exactly what will happen to this company, Akihiko. I built it and I'm not too old that I cannot comprehend the consequences. However we will just do as we have always done. Promote Stars. And...there are several fine ones out there. You're not the only hot asset in the stable, Narcissus." He pushed a button just under his desk knowing the men were assigned to come in at his call.
"The accounts, they've already been closed. And the pain, I already feel it. Just seeing what I've raised up as a Grandson. That hurts far more than anything you could dream up." He stayed calm even as the hands came to his collar. The men had already entered, and soon...the boy would be out. " But as far as testing, Narcissus...I don't have time for tests. You've already shown me you're flaws and leave me without an heir, you've forced me to this and now I must look at my alternatives."
The men grabbed Akihiko and yanked him off the Chairman roughly while he continued to speak. "Ah...well it's all a matter of contracts and....capital, Narcissus. I don't think any of the other Studios will so much as...look your way. So you best cherish the contract you have."
They dragged Narcissus backwards away from the old man, and he pushed off from the desk striding still to lean his backside against the front desk crossing his arms just as gracefully as Narcissus once did, "Maybe one day, you can show me what you're really made of, Narcissus...maybe more than your name. But until then..." He glanced at the burly guards, "Take this musician off the grounds. If he fights, call the cops, I'm sure he could cool his head behind bars. Oh, and Narcissus...I'll look forward to hearing your next concert where ever your manager can find you a free venue."

~ ~ ~

Koyasu Akihiko couldn't help it.
He really couldn't.
"Let go of me, you bastards!" the musical prodigy hissed, trying to wrench himself free of the hands of the bodyguards.
He knew the men... knew that he wasn't a match for them... but it didn't mean he wasn't going to try.
At least until he heard one... simple... phrase...
'Take this musician off the grounds. If he fights, call the cops, I'm sure he could cool his head behind bars.'
Narcissus froze completely. His dark hair hid his expression, and for a moment, it seemed as if the guards would just drag him out of the room.
Until he suddenly pulled his arms from their grasps and straightened his coat. "Don't touch me again. If the chairman wants me to leave, I will. But touch this coat again and I won't go quietly. The damn thing costs more than you probably make in a year."
Blue eyes, so cold and filled with malice, focused on the elder man. "My flaw, was that I ever actually trusted you, ojisan. Suspend me, close my accounts, disown me. It doesn't matter... because I'll rise again and you know it."
There was no emotion in his words, just a pure cold tone that spoke volumes in itself.
Akihiko had gone beyond pissed... and he was just trying to not overload.
"You think this will break me, old man? If you do... then you're as blind as I thought." he turned, white coat flaring around his ankles as he did so, and headed toward the door. "Have fun with your little secretary. Maybe he'll be worthy in your sight. After all, the loyalty of a hired hand seems to mean more to you than blood... then again, it always has, hasn't it?"
He opened the door, slamming it closed behind him... but Akihiko didn't stop moving. The man continued forward, getting into the elevator and punching in the number for the ground floor.
His car was out of the question now, as was the apartment, because those were all things paid for with his own money. His clothes, every single possession he owned, all of it... was ripped from him by this simple meeting.
Pulling out a cell phone, Narcissus began sending text messages to those he considered to be possible friends of his.
Suddenly finding himself penniless... the musician had nowhere and no one to turn to...
'Damn Hiroki Asato...' Narcissus thought, the mere name making his blood boil. 'This isn't over... not by a long shot...'

~ ~ ~

As the boy left and the doors swung shut, the old man gripped the desk as the tears started to fall from his eyes. His wrinkled fingers reached up and covered those eyes as he wept while the agonizing feeling of despair course through him. He looked up to the ceiling and tried to hold it in but what could he do. His Legacy...what would become of it...and the company.

~ ~ ~

(((OOC: Collaboration between myself and Kaikoloren, for your reading pleasure!)))  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:38 pm
Ryuukaze

User Image
“I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.”

As Nakai wiped away his tears, Ryu found himself leaning his head into the gentle touch. The way things were, the touch should have been unwelcome, but the violinist needed any kindness and comfort he could get.
A soft gasp left Ryu's lips as the comforting hand pulled away. Looking up at the blond, eyes almost pleading for a continuation of the merciful caress, the smaller man forced a smile.
"Why am I sorry? I'm sorry because...because I acted so foolishly toward you over Naoko. You see, the fact is, I can't give Naoko what he wants...iie, what he needs. I know you think he loves me...but I think he's confused. Even if he's not, though, I know that something is wrong, about all of this. I love Naoko, and I would do anything for him. I cannot say for sure what you can and can't give him, but I know you offer him something more than I do, even if it is just in a fling..."
Trailing off, Ryu fell into another fit of coughing. The injuries he had sustained made it painful and difficult to breathe, it seemed, and the coughing only made that pain worse. Gripping the arms of the wheelchair, Ryu moaned, squeezing his eyes shut. As the fit subsided, Ryu opened his crimson eyes once more, softly biting his lower lip, toying with the piercing that was there with his teeth. His eyes glistened with a thin sheen of fresh tears, brought on by both the subject of the conversation and the physical pain he was in. Continuing as best he could, Ryu said, "Besides, look at me. I'm going to be like this for a while, it seems. And even if that weren't the case...you are a better match. I will give you that much."

“For Love is Immortality.”

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Kaikoloren

Beloved Treasure

18,325 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:27 pm
What wouldn't I do for King and Country...
Yes Sir!------------------------------------------------}:-
User Image

Asato Hiroki
Chairman's Secretary - Ohayou Productions

Hiroki finally left the Chairman after one hour in private conversation. He heard all about what had happened with Koyasu-kun and was warned first thing to watch himself. In fact, Koyasu-sama went as far as placing one of his own men on him knowing Koyasu-kun would be wanting to direct his anger somewhere. Hiroki was a prime target.

This...this situation wasn't one that Hiroki really wanted. In fact, the Chairman had hinted at transferring Ohayou to Hiroki when the time was right. And to be honest, that scared him to think of it.

The explanation was apparent - Hiroki had been Koyasu-sama's ace in the hole if Koyasu-kun failed to impress. The one that knew Ohayou's legacy and the secrets. He had respected the Chairman's need to have a fail safe Hiroki had never thought it would come to pass.

In fact, he had expected that he might even retire when Koyasu-sama had taken up the role...but then again, Koyasu-kun might have needed him? That question at the hotel about what he would do...stay or go when Koyasu-sama retired still weighed in his head. His love and loyalty for Koyasu-sama and the company had not transfered to Koyasu-kun. He had a hard time feeling anything but frustration with the man.

But now...things had apparently changed. A lot of pressure had fallen onto his shoulders almost immediately especially when a reporter tried to confront him in the bathroom of all places about what had happened. How many ways was he to say...'No Comment' in the future he wouldn't know.

And this was only the beginning! Even as his newly assigned bodyguard threw out the reporter, he realized now that everything he'd do in the future would be under scrutiny. When the Chairman said..."I'm grooming my successor." Hiroki could only nod and follow the designs of the man his loyalty was tied to. And thus, Hiroki would play the role for his Chairman and Company.

As the morning drew on, a few new suits were presented to him and a note saying,

You have to look the Part, Asato-kun.

Hiroki paled just a hair...as he stared at the note.

-:{------------------------------------------------No Sir!
...Where you Lead - that is the Path I Follow.

[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 683 684 685 686 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games