Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.N.o.i.r.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:30 am

Can some one answer me this

Why are placebo classd as british rock?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:37 am

The Real Davey Havok
Can some one answer me this

Why are Placebo classd as British rock?

They aren't hugely British by their nationalities so it must be their genre of style and, um...maybe they have a lot of English parents between them.
Are they really classed as "British rock"? I didn't even realise they were rock.

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:27 am

V.A. - 'Iitai koto mo iezu ni'

Tsukajitake Masashi, Tsutsumishita Atsushi, Kajihara Yuuta

|m/ ^0^ |m/

ROCKS!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:12 am

...what?

question

Invictus_88
Captain

Carmen LaVihta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:28 am

heart Robbie Williams heart
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:13 pm

Carmen LaVihta
heart Robbie Williams heart

I thought he was an unknown outside the UK?

confused

Invictus_88
Captain

Blue Elec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:08 pm

Queen for sure, Queen are my ultimate band.
*Worships Brian May as if he were a GOD!*
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:11 pm

Blue Elec

Anybody watched the Live at Wembley Stadium DVD? (or even better, was actually there!) The bit where Brian May is alone on stage for quarter of an hour doing nothing but playing the guiter, to me that is what music is about. The ability to captivate and entertain hundreds, thousands of people.... or something like that

Blue Elec

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:40 pm

Blue Elec

Ahem. Freddy Murcury was Queen, there's no if's and's or but's about that. Queen - Freddy Murcury = 0

When they tried to make Paul Rodgers from Bad Company the lead singer of Queen it was probably the worst combination ever. God, that makes me twitch. Just like Bad Company = Nothing, without Paul Rodgers.

on another note, has anyone heard of Avenged Sevenfold? Well, if you've ever had burgers from Arco gas station you'll know how I feel about them. It's like premium grade A crap, and yet you still come back for more for some odd reason. Got theire lyrics are horrible, their music is horrible, and yet I can't turn off the song.

Yes, I know their not British, I just wanted to rant on about them. Hush.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:27 am

I'm not entirely sure where they're from, as I just started listening to them but I really enjoy Jethro Tull. They're unlike any other band that I've heard before. So, what are your thoughts on Jethro Tull?

I think they're an aquired taste; you're not going to like them when you first listen to them, but after listening to them a few times you'll see how awesome they are.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:35 am

Yes, I agree the queen are fantastic. Nobody could ever be equal to Freddie, and Brian is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.
But Paul Rpdgers happened to do a prettty good job. He wasn't replacing freddie in any way - just giving brian and Roger a chance to tour again. They were brilliant. I should know, I saw them.

And yes, Jethro Tull are rather good.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:42 am

Ph_ish
Yes, I agree the queen are fantastic. Nobody could ever be equal to Freddie, and Brian is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.
But Paul Rpdgers happened to do a prettty good job. He wasn't replacing freddie in any way - just giving brian and Roger a chance to tour again. They were brilliant. I should know, I saw them.

And yes, Jethro Tull are rather good.

I'll COMPLETELY disagree with him being one of the best guitarist of all times. He is good, but far from great. And, I just don't understandstand QUEEN with Paul Rodgers, it doesn't make any sense. What songs could he possibly sing of Queen's? I'd like to hear a recording of him trying to sing Behemian Rhapsody so I can laugh my a** off, really. Another One Bites The Dust? Anything? I could have understood if it was someone who had the same type of voice, but he didn't. He had more of a soulful voice, where as Freddy had more of an Opratic voice. The styles clashed dramatically. They were making a new band, they shouln't have kept the name, they should have toured under a different name, then I would have understood. Instead they paraded about as something they weren't, and to me that's quite stupid. It's almost as bad as Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:58 am

I personally think that Brian May is a terrible guitarist in comparison to Slash, Rudolf Schenka, Michael Shenka, Yngwie Malmsteen etc. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:03 am

and_solo_said
I personally think that Brian May is a terrible guitarist in comparison to Slash, Rudolf Schenka, Michael Shenka, Yngwie Malmsteen etc. rolleyes

Slash = heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart /emoticon abuse.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Timeless Visage
and_solo_said

Slash = heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart /emoticon abuse.

I just love GNR in general...And velvet revolver, which is more GNR than GNR rolleyes
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games