Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm
Syumerrt
Actually I've read the prequals and you'd be suprised about DAO, let's see nearly every fantasy out there makes the elves, these arrogants, we think we are SO superior and more powerful then you race, yet DAO, they are treated as second class citizens, almost literally as slaves, I mean geeze, the city elves live literally in slums, the ones that live in Orlais have it the worse. Dwarven politics, let's see as it seemed in the book, the nobles when they get greedy enough to eye the throne are willing to spill plenty of blood or just enough, not like the humans...lord not like the humans. The game itself got inspiration from multiple sources, including Game of Thrones from A Song Of Fire And Ice.

Yeah online on Modern Warfare, like one of my friends from youth group, I'm a bloody matyrdom magnet, there's not a single room I can walk into without a grenade being nearby or on a corpse.
Are you a Bioware sockpuppet? Seriously..  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:55 pm
I prefer the overlord Elves.. think greenpeace and PETA love child it's disturbing but so much fun to kill... I think I'll get it when it's at discount...

but dragon age origins sound pretty cool but I think i'll hold off on getting it.
and hey Lt. brookman honestly who shoved a bug up your a**?  

GamerChik240

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:26 pm
GamerChik240
...hey Lt. brookman honestly who shoved a bug up your a**?

It's just how he is. Don't take it wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:49 am
That's okay, people always have a strong bias of what kind of a c**t I am.

How about we all play Company of Heroes? It's like Dawn of War 2, but with Germans and Americans instead of orks and marines. It's pretty good, even better than those poor 40k games. There was this one time when a german panzer (which is German for tank) assaulted an american infantry squad, the first shell gibbed half of them, as their body parts flew everywhere while the survivors were screaming bloody murder! So the american player retaliated with three tank destroyers flanking the panzer (which is German for tank) and blew it to hell from behind, because american AT guns were peashooters that could only do real damage from behind, as in real life! There was this other time when me and the sergeant ganged up on two german armies in the Dutch polders, where we decided to dig in and give jerry a taste of 24 Pounder shells (I was British). So we dug in and I started planting 24 pounder emplacements everywhere until I reached my pop-cap, I then started stocking on ammunition and began a massive six gun walking barrage that turn the small town (sorry Dutch people!), the woods and german bases into rubble and churned earth. If you have good dolby surround you should crank it up along with the bass as those guns rumble and pound the foe into the ground, good sound on that game. There was also a time when I fought against the sergeant and he was British, so I had to be SS and he almost won but he lost momentum at the start of the game so slowly I hit back, first with crack elite infantry, then paratroopers and finally some tank destroyers that raced all the way across the map to pound his command trucks into ruin. It was a good battle that cost me a lot of men and vehicles but in the end I won.

Seriously, play Company of Heroes, one of the better RTS games out there at the moment. And don't give me any crap that it's WWII, this game perfected the genre and is why DoW 2 is so great.

There we go, I am a sock puppet for Relic, buy this ******** game NOW.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:19 am
No Mac that is a bad Mac! You're doing it again and just when you were showing such promise on improving. You know what this means.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:20 am
....No, and what is a sockpuppet? Honestly, I just got sick and tired of the whole superior elf bull crap, only elf I was ever a fan of was Drizzt, other then that I'm more of a orc ((non WoW)), dwarf fan. Only Elder Scroll race I liked was the dremora, the ones living with what's his name, the daedra residing in his plane of Oblivion before attacking the Imperial City. No, I'm not a sockpuppet for Bioware, I'm just hyped up on Dragon Age right now, at the moment I'm hanging around the gaming forums, and getting tired of seeing the crap load of Japanese rpg threads, there was only a few of those I was a fan of....one was Radiata Stories.  

Syumerrt

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 am
A sock puppet is a sock with buttons sewn on as eyes. You then put the puppet over your hand and make funny voices with it. It is also a term for people who allow companies to put an arm up their arse and control you by tugging your spine, making you spout pro-company stuff. Like your outbursts of love for your game. wink

And yes, Mac is a big ******** slut of a sock puppet for that game. He'd walk street corners if they asked him to. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:13 am
Well I wouldn't truly call me a sock puppet, I've never played anything before KOTOR, never played Jade Empire, honestly I'm not some huge obsessive fan, like I said I'm just hyped up on that game, and considering most RPG games I've seen now a days hardly have a good storyline *eyes Fallout 3 and Oblivion* It and Mass Effect 1 and 2 are one of my favorite RPGs....of course, I'm also waiting for more info on Space Marine from Relic. Hoping the Brink from Bethesda might be good, may try out Borderlands if it's for the 360, like I said also going to try Modern Warfare 2.....I would try DoW II but I don't know if my comp can handle it, even though it was upgraded so I could play Warhammer online on minimum setting....that game wasn't much fun...was expecting some roleplayers, or even some bloody emotes such as being able to sit, or make your character lie down.  

Syumerrt

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:25 pm
Syumerrt
Well I wouldn't truly call me a sock puppet, I've never played anything before KOTOR, never played Jade Empire, honestly I'm not some huge obsessive fan, like I said I'm just hyped up on that game, and considering most RPG games I've seen now a days hardly have a good storyline

*eyes Fallout 3 and Oblivion*

It and Mass Effect 1 and 2 are one of my favorite RPGs....of course, I'm also waiting for more info on Space Marine from Relic.

Hoping the Brink from Bethesda might be good, may try out Borderlands if it's for the 360, like I said also going to try Modern Warfare 2.....I would try DoW II but I don't know if my comp can handle it, even though it was upgraded so I could play Warhammer online on minimum setting....that game wasn't much fun...was expecting some roleplayers, or even some bloody emotes such as being able to sit, or make your character lie down.
Fixed. Small letters and blocks of poor punctual text make my head spin! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:35 pm
So has that Warhammer Fantasy mod for Medieval Total War II come out yet, Call to Warhammer or something like that?  

Syumerrt

Shadow_of_Malus

Romantic Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 am
The new warhammer 40k game coming to xbox, ps3, and pc looks to very cool, all I have seen is a few shots from a demo played in E3 but it is looking good 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:46 am
Shadow_of_Malus
The new warhammer 40k game coming to xbox, ps3, and pc looks to very cool, all I have seen is a few shots from a demo played in E3 but it is looking good 3nodding
Space Marine is console only.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:36 pm
Looks better compared to what I saw when that other company had the rights to the game, thank god Relics got ahold of it, let's hope they follow lore with the chain blade and bolter.
Though I may be like that other guy and use a hammer with a jetpack. Considering this is suppose to be RPG like, so I'm hoping some character customisation such as face, weapons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 pm
Space marine looks really cool they seem to have a good engine running for it.

and Lt. brookman I understand your passion for that game and I would listen but I'm stuck playing Empire: Total War.. really fun superior tech with smaller numbers still effective and looking at my conquest map... I'm basicly following hitler >.>
<.<

I'm playing Prussia. I swallowed Austria, Poland, and half of Russia... France is my bestest friend and I'm about to invade them. twisted
I'm trading all my farming tech for massive sums of money to focus on military research and army development..... debating on invading england... looks simple IN THEORY p.s. the time setting is roughtly around the 1700s

but honestly really fun... still learning how to use naval ships...  

GamerChik240

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:06 am
Syumerrt
Looks better compared to what I saw when that other company had the rights to the game, thank god Relics got ahold of it, let's hope they follow lore with the chain blade and bolter.
Though I may be like that other guy and use a hammer with a jetpack. Considering this is suppose to be RPG like, so I'm hoping some character customisation such as face, weapons.
According to E3 notes and interviews the player will be able to create their own ultimate space marine with armour customization, drops found in game and an extensive army painter.

And this is Relic, they keep to the background of 40k very closely when it comes to presentation.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games