Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Absolutionis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:36 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:07 pm
O_0 makes mine look like crap! Nice job what size brush do you use for the small details!? i can never do small stuff right! anyways, AWESOME paint job! (What is the bottom tyranid?)  

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm
Nice, I like the top two Eldar and the Lictor at the bottom. The Spinegaunts with the wings tacked to their heads not so much though.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm
Necron_Pariah
O_0 makes mine look like crap! Nice job what size brush do you use for the small details!? i can never do small stuff right! anyways, AWESOME paint job! (What is the bottom tyranid?)
thank you.
I really just simply bought the smallest brush I could find at ACMoore. Ever since I learned to water down paints, it ha been easier to make small details. It is just a bit tedious to go over the same lines over and over.
The bottom Tyranid is a Lictor attached to a wedding cake pillar.

Lt. Brookman
Nice, I like the top two Eldar and the Lictor at the bottom. The Spinegaunts with the wings tacked to their heads not so much though.
Yeah, they're a bit goofy with the wings on the head, so I tried to call attention away from the wings by not painting the rest of the models' wings red. However, I want to keep it because it holds with the theme of the rest of the army having feathery parts, vestigial or not.

Thank you for your input.  

Absolutionis

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:36 pm
I must say I love the blending work on the nids as well as the eldar, especially the striking scorpion's armour.

The colours of the nids is quite special, never seen anything like it, kudos to you~  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:51 am
i find the nids to be awesome to the highest degree, do you have a fleet name or is it one of the few known?  

Inenor

Inenor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:59 pm
finished stegadon!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 am
Inenor
i find the nids to be awesome to the highest degree, do you have a fleet name or is it one of the few known?
I call it Hive Fleet Lilith. Most of the entire army has a feathery wing motif. The few that do not have feathers are Carnifexes Genestealers.

Inenor
finished stegadon!

I always loved the Stegadon. Is it possible to get a closeup?  

Absolutionis

Inenor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:46 pm
these any better?

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:37 pm
Sorry for not specifying, I would love to get a closeup on especially the horns; they look really nice. Did you blend them? Did you freehand that patten?
I've always been afraid of painting horns and bone.

Also, the folds of skin have a cool darkening effect, is that painting or just shadow?  

Absolutionis

Inenor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 pm
-its basically layering, start off with kehmri brown on the whole horn, next you use bleach bone, take the tip of the brush and put it like as far as you see in the first picture then pull it to the tip of the horn, lastly is skull white ( which is why they come out so bright ) do the same thing as the bleach bone but start further up the horn showing some of the bleach bone, also put our brush tip to overlay with the bleach bone, dont let it touch the khemri brown. that preaty goes for an bone that you want to paint in an ivory/tusk stile.
-the skin was base coated mordian blue, then the raised areas where highlighted a mix of 1:1 mordian and enchanted blue, and then a fine highlight of enchanted blue. that's what makes up the musculature.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 am
Here is a photograph of my complete council from a previous life when Ulthwe had it's own rules and ability to field a true Council.

User Image

Note: 'Complete' refers to what I always used.. my actually council is closer to 20 models in number... I just haven't painted them all. sweatdrop

DarkReaper40k

Dangerous Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Inenor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:58 am
that looks so friggen sweet!!!!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:40 pm
and Iv decided to start a Space marine army one of my first space marines iv ever painted Very proud of that you normaly make a botch job it. xd

thats all the space marines so far iv also got a bike squad and about 40 od oop space marines with Mk1 armour i think where there all shoulder/ snugged up with there gun.

I also had the chance to buy a forgeworld Avatar of Khaine for £30(properbly $62 odd dollers)
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
took me Ages but its Totaly worth the time put in.

i blame myself for having too many projects
User ImageUser Image
A lord Mazimundi convertion all i need to do is finish painting it and Drill a hole through the arm Sockets of a slan mage and green putty some arms with the lighting bolts.
i got half the magic engine and put it at the back to make a half arch over the slans head when its finished and then im adding a green putty ball paint it blue/ice blue blah blah lighting pattern it arms over head Classic Mazimundi.

User Image
a cheap quick convertion gor-rok this guys a new charater from the book I so wana use his Shield vs some bull Ogres.
sorry about the size of the picks i rushed these when i was taking pics this new digi cams go so many gizmos on it.  

Andre_kelfar11

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm sorry but... I can't see a thing from the pictures... They're way too small... D:

Don't rush and post if people won't be able to see what's in it, take your time lad, you got plenty. n_n  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games