Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:37 pm
Im working on a Skull Champion / Chaos lord with daemon weapon and Im looking for some advice; He's still very much wip but you can see the outlines which should be plenty:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2l8wvw1.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/ejc3ec.jpg

Right so as you can see on the second picture the sword has some detail which is hidden by his head, so your oppinion (taking into account fluff, model appearance, sexness and the allignment of constalations) should I clip of his horn thingies to make sure people get a good look at his scary scary sword?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:38 am
Very nice conversion. The sword is especially badass.

And as goofy as the plate horn things are, they seem ot be a khorne thing, so I suppose leave them for that bit of fluff. Ive never really liked them though.

That or maybe put on regular horns or something.

King Kento

sossos157

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:59 am
I made a librarian out of a space marine, a banner, some purity seals and oaths, a chainsword arm, and in the left hand i cut/repositioned the fingers from the bolter holding hand and put the book from the terminator sorcer in it. Also, a simple painting conversion for normal to chaos is just put a big, fat, red, "x" on their shoulder pads. =)

I am working on nurgle-ifying my baneblade with tyrannid scenery peices. (like the type in the starter kit)  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:25 pm
Seraphine-Exalted
Im working on a Skull Champion / Chaos lord with daemon weapon and Im looking for some advice; He's still very much wip but you can see the outlines which should be plenty:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2l8wvw1.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/ejc3ec.jpg

Right so as you can see on the second picture the sword has some detail which is hidden by his head, so your oppinion (taking into account fluff, model appearance, sexness and the allignment of constalations) should I clip of his horn thingies to make sure people get a good look at his scary scary sword?
I'd like to see that painted, it would look fierce.  

ravener2759

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:21 am
Struggling to find time, life is kind of busy at the moment sweatdrop I'll be sure to get pictures up when i manage to get me some time to paint it though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:39 am
I did couple of conversion over a year and here is one of them.

picture

picture

I also have libarian with avatar's sword as his force weapon and hold small book in his left hand.  

jdy204

ExodusHammer13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:51 am
I turned a chaos marine with some imperial conversions into an acolyte for my Demonhunter Inquisitor Lord. I vut off its bolter and put on a thunder shield, and put a chainsword in its other hand. I sawed dows his battery to look like a space marines, and gave it an inquisitorial stormtroopers head. Over all the whole thing took about 5 minutes besides the sawing, which took about 10. And now, not only is it cheap in both point and money sense, but my lord has another attack and guard.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 am
A big ork friend of mine made a big transport of some sort from a land raider and basilisk, then he put a squad of nobz hangin off it. I dont know exactly how he did it, but it was awsome.

Another Dark Angels friend of mine made a freakin awsome conversion for his assault marines. I gave him a box of really small magnets and a chaos rhino, and he payed me $30. I didn't know what he was going to do.
Two days later, he came to me with his assault marines covering the rhino, conected by magnets, he made the seargent's power sword stabbed in the porthole, and all the others covering it with several swords stuck in parts of the vehicle. The cool thing was, whenever someone would kill an assault marine, he would take it off by the magnets. Its was awsome.  

ExodusHammer13

ExodusHammer13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 am
I'm planning on turning my biker's power fist into the horns, instead of pointing, and i was wonerin' if anyone had some tips.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:05 am
I'm making a big 20 man Chaos shooter squad (not close combat) that I'm gonna call the pinheads, because all of their heads are going to be the regular chaos heads with the little bolts in it. I think that funny...  

ExodusHammer13

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Exodus Hammer, just a little tip for the future.

If you have little things to add, edit them into your post, alright? Don't spam it up with continuous posts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:58 am
ExodusHammer13
I'm making a big 20 man Chaos shooter squad (not close combat) that I'm gonna call the pinheads, because all of their heads are going to be the regular chaos heads with the little bolts in it. I think that funny...
I don't see how that's a conversion though... Since the Heresey Helmet is part of the chaos box.

Anyways, as Caleidah said...

Also, people like seeing pictures. :3  

Shinobi_8745

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 pm
Shinobi_8745
ExodusHammer13
I don't see how that's a conversion though... Since the Heresey Helmet is part of the chaos box.

Anyways, as Caleidah said...

Also, people like seeing pictures. :3
Might be wrong, but I think he's adding the bolts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 pm
I just converted a Quillboar giant out of the phenomenal plastic giant kit and the Orc and Goblins special character Gorbad Ironclaw's boar. I used a saw to cut the boar's head off and it fit quite perfectly onto the gian't neck and shoulders. I attached a piece of chainmail that I had to his chest to make him look a little armored. I sawed the legs to pieces because I wanted more of a lunging pose, meaning I had to resculpt his right thigh and both kneecaps. The quills on his back will be from various pieces from the plastic chaos spawn kit and other such pointy objects. I intend to create an entire army of quillboars, but haven't really decided which rules to use. Maybe a minotaur army? I'll try to get some pics up soon. mrgreen  

Lord Thuddleton

explodeyFox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 pm
Currently working on updating my ancient Waz Dakka model.

I have to cram in:

Mek's Toolz
Slugga,
Power Klaw,
Kustom Mega Blasta
Stikkbombz
Boss Pole
Bike of the Aporkalypse.

all on a bike with his Dakkakannons.

I was thinking of a Mega armored nob'z power klaw arm, a Nobz Slugga, with the bosspole attached to the bike. Then use a Kommandoz body modified to the bike (for the bullets on the body). And the head will be the Kommando head with the glasses and cigar.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games