Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm

The Indubitable Katie-Kat
*headdesk*

My family. My highly conservative, racist, classist, ableist family. Deliberately goading me into a political discussion then shouting over me when I start talking about racism and classism and systematic oppression because "ZOMG WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE MINORITY AND WE'RE OPPRESSED!" and acknowledging white privilege means I'm "buying into white guilt." WHAT THE ******** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! I seriously don't get it.

I even tried explaining privilege to my sister in a way I KNEW she was capable of understanding; see, I'm pretty clever. Not bragging, I just am, guess I was born that way, or learning to read as early as I did stimulated some super-learning thing in my brain or something. I breezed through high school, graduated middle of my class, but got major grants and scholarships based on my high test scores--and I have never in my life studied for a test prior to college. Meanwhile, my sister's been working her arse off all through school for a class standing slightly lower than mine, studied for the ACT for six months to get a score only a few points lower than mine, and will be lucky to get the sort of aid I've recieved, because she's simply not as clever.

She was able to acknowledge that as unearned privilege given to me based on things beyond our control (my cleverness versus hers), but she and my parents flatly REFUSE the idea that it's possible to have unearned advantages based on economic class, race, able-bodiedness, sexuality, or gender.

All the headdesking I've been doing since coming home for this break is going to break my desk eventually. sad
Um... That example isn't really unearned privillege. Sure, you didn't work as hard, but you have more natural ability and got better scores. If that's what the people handing out these grants are looking for, that's what they're looking for, and I don't think they should be forced to give grants to people who don't meet their standards because their the ones who are giving the money, so they should set the standards. I don't know how it works over there, but up here, a lot of money given to students is the product of donation, and the donators get to choose the criteria as to who gets this, and I personally would fight against anyone saying they can't be able to do that. If they're going to donate the money, they should get to decide who the grant is for.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:25 pm

Recursive Paradox
I am ******** tired of people telling me that I'm some sort of "political correctness nazi" or "evidence nazi" or even a "terminology nazi" just because I want people to use the correct ******** word for something.

The instant someone attaches the word "nazi" to something and calls me it, I stop taking them seriously and lose respect for them. This applies to the person who called me "stupid," a "feminazi," and said I "need to take an advertising class" when we were "discussing" (read: me getting bitched at for apparently not knowing how advertising works) when I was talking about how birth control ads show and reinforce the taboo in our society about female sexuality and desire and how healthy female bodies are constructed as somehow wrong if they bleed once a month without hormones. Also note that this discussion stemmed from me talking about my sociology project, which is specifically about how male bodies are constructed as a default and female bodies as "other" within medicine and how this harms female-bodied people. stare

Euuugh.

I hate this unintentional misogynistic bullcrap that people drown themselves in.

Especially now that I have actually experienced the flip from male privilege to not male privilege. It puts everything into perspective. Painfully I might add.

Recursive Paradox

xOx KiZA xOx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Happy:: Me and my Besttie both have job interviews! biggrin

Crappy:: PMDD is making me feel so worthless and anti-social! D:

Other:: I just wanna sleep! ._.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Ya know, seeing as there are eight people in this fairly small three bedroom house, you'd think it's stay clean. Not the case. I cleaned the entire kitchen/livingroom area, along with both hallways yesterday, dispite the consterable pain in my hands and wrists and a very swollen leg. Barely 24 hours later, I feel even worse than the day I cleaned, so I've been sleeping the majoraty of the day, and what do they do? They wake me up to clean the kitchen they wrecked, and on top of that, Mom took the dogs to run in mud puddles this morning, and didn't bother to wipe up the muddy pawprints! THANKS GUYS.

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 am

So, I just got off the phone with my landlords office. We got an eviction notice yesterday. They are trying to tell me that I haven't paid rent since December! I'm just glad that I have all of my money order stubs. I just need to find mine from this month. It has gone missing crying
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 pm

You know, the next time you ******** up at work, honesty is probably your best policy, not stressing out all night and waiting to see until the next day if anyone notices the $1200 scanner that you lost stare .

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Amy Winehouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Crappy; Everything seems to suck lately, there's no balance between the good and the bad. I just turned 20 on Saturday and I feel like a bum. I've hurt my back and can't bend forward but my family is harping on me to help around the house more, while my sister and mother do nothing. I can't focus on my art, can't find a way to stay in touch with friends, and I'm sick of the cold.

Happy; Luckily, all of this is, I'm thinking, caused by a lack of balance in my spirituality (partially- some things I'm gonna have to work my a** of to fix in the real world, too). I'm realizing just being Discordian and only worshiping Eris is... dangerous. Daaangerous. Like Loki and Kali, though maybe slightly less bloodthirsty. She's like a bipolar mother that is constantly hovering over me. So all this craziness is helping me to seek out more balance, and a proper reverence of not just chaos, but calm and order as well.

Other; Anyone got any suggestions for me? D:

acknowledging white privilege means I'm "buying into white guilt." WHAT THE ******** DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?! I seriously don't get it.

Speaking of white privilege, I suggest reading White Like Me. It's pretty good.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm

I'm a jerk to people all the time, and I don't feel bad about it until I have done it enough times to make someone cry.

But on the internet I can't see them get angry at me so it is harder to control my outbursts of rudeness.

I take what people say and turn it into some vague line that kinda, sorta, really does insult them. And then I continue on my merry way without a care in the world. Until someone says "HEY, YOU'RE BEING A JERK AND IMMORAL."

Am I? Really now...I give a ******** isn't so much of a rant more like feeling sorry for myself...a rant about myself.

It's how I am...a defense mechanism.

Society does that to you I think. stare Damn society and its tricky ways...

Cunning Witch Angus

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:44 pm

sucky - sick with something that everyone else calls the plague, but sadly doesn't even come with that satisfaction, i'm looking at mathematical equations through a sicky fog and can't even explain the equations i'm coming up with (thank you again Fiddler for walking me through that), and i have a wonderfully brilliant headache from all the coughing.

entertaining - i'm still über happy over my new bowler...tee hee, i have a derby hat! where can i wear it now?

other - i look disturbing with tissue shoved up my nose.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:56 pm

There are a lot of new folks around here.

How about some new topics to go along with it?

TeaDidikai

Amy Winehouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 pm

TeaDidikai

I'm not new! Though I guess this account is. I don't remember which one I had in here when I posted a lot.

Do we have a place to post intro threads that I'm not seeing, or do we just do it on the main forum? Or do we not post any at all? :3 It's been a long while since I've been around.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Amy Winehouse
TeaDidikai

I'm not new! Though I guess this account is. I don't remember which one I had in here when I posted a lot.

Do we have a place to post intro threads that I'm not seeing, or do we just do it on the main forum? Or do we not post any at all? :3 It's been a long while since I've been around.
Personal paths- ie, how you do your religion belong in PathWays.

Guild Approved Mentor programs go into that subforum.

The PodCast forum is set up- but we haven't done much with it.

Main forum is for everything else.

TeaDidikai

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:11 pm

TeaDidikai
Amy Winehouse
TeaDidikai

Personal paths- ie, how you do your religion belong in PathWays.

Guild Approved Mentor programs go into that subforum.

The PodCast forum is set up- but we haven't done much with it.

Main forum is for everything else.

I would be afraid of getting attacked for my beliefs, so I don't feel comfortable showing them...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:19 pm

Angus of the Crooked Way
I would be afraid of getting attacked for my beliefs, so I don't feel comfortable showing them...
User Image

TeaDidikai

Amy Winehouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Angus of the Crooked Way

Isn't that sort of silly, to come to a guild meant solely for discussing religion, and then to fear discussing your own? Surely you wouldn't mind learning new things, and perhaps refining your beliefs to better suit you in the long run?
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games