Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:24 pm
Nemone
I AM R U
Nemone
I AM R U
Nemone
I AM R U
Hi! Um, been here for awhile sweatdrop not in the guild, on Gaia... Since, 2004/5, or so... Just basically getting frustrated with the growing emphasis on GC...

I'm RU, pleased to meet you all.

Hey I just saw you in site feedback. heart Welcome to the guild. Hope you'll find some comrades here.

I usually hand out in ED, but some of ED regs are getting annoyed enough to drift over to SF rofl Pleased to meet you too!

Haha, yeah you too. I have been trying to explore more of the forums lately. I tend to come and go through various places and never become a regular in any of them even though I've been kind of lurking around Gaia since 04. Though I guess lately I'm pretty much like a SF regular, lol. cat_xp

I pretty much just reside in ED and guilds with friends - none of us are big spenders, ED regs seem to be less interested in their avatars than other forums, which I think is why some of us particularly resent the constant advertising...

Yeah I can understand that. I used to occasionally buy MCs and stuff and I didn't really have an opinion about the cash shop either way before. I come on Gaia to work on my writing (used to be a regular in the writing forums ages ago). I still post stuff up in the Arena but the arenas seriously need an update. Seeing all the older features of Gaia being neglected combined with the marketplace being destroyed and then all the ads and cash pushes is what did it for me. Plus they keep taking down games after people I know have invested time and money in them, it's just bad business.

Yeah, I used to not really be bothered by the cash shop, or GC, even bought some items myself before it got crazy - its the constant ads, the constant re-re-re-re-releasing of Flyn's Booty, and the neglect of the rest of the site that bugs me. The final straw really was the Halloween event and the "pay to win" mentality. It totally undermined the whole gold sink they did at the start, which people responded positively to, and annoyed the hell out of the 'free to play' users. I'm just waiting for the monthly use charge to access the site rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 pm
I AM R U
Nemone
I AM R U
Nemone
I AM R U

I usually hand out in ED, but some of ED regs are getting annoyed enough to drift over to SF rofl Pleased to meet you too!

Haha, yeah you too. I have been trying to explore more of the forums lately. I tend to come and go through various places and never become a regular in any of them even though I've been kind of lurking around Gaia since 04. Though I guess lately I'm pretty much like a SF regular, lol. cat_xp

I pretty much just reside in ED and guilds with friends - none of us are big spenders, ED regs seem to be less interested in their avatars than other forums, which I think is why some of us particularly resent the constant advertising...

Yeah I can understand that. I used to occasionally buy MCs and stuff and I didn't really have an opinion about the cash shop either way before. I come on Gaia to work on my writing (used to be a regular in the writing forums ages ago). I still post stuff up in the Arena but the arenas seriously need an update. Seeing all the older features of Gaia being neglected combined with the marketplace being destroyed and then all the ads and cash pushes is what did it for me. Plus they keep taking down games after people I know have invested time and money in them, it's just bad business.

Yeah, I used to not really be bothered by the cash shop, or GC, even bought some items myself before it got crazy - its the constant ads, the constant re-re-re-re-releasing of Flyn's Booty, and the neglect of the rest of the site that bugs me. The final straw really was the Halloween event and the "pay to win" mentality. It totally undermined the whole gold sink they did at the start, which people responded positively to, and annoyed the hell out of the 'free to play' users. I'm just waiting for the monthly use charge to access the site rolleyes

Yeah I think that's the point most of us have reached now. It has just been one thing after another. I think we've gotten about 10 new members since this last release of Flynn. They are really pushing it. Look forward to some of the events we have coming up, we are going to be reaching out to people outside of the forums and do our best to have fun at the same time.  

Nemone

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 pm
Nemone
I AM R U
Nemone
I AM R U
Nemone
I AM R U

Yeah I think that's the point most of us have reached now. It has just been one thing after another. I think we've gotten about 10 new members since this last release of Flynn. They are really pushing it. Look forward to some of the events we have coming up, we are going to be reaching out to people outside of the forums and do our best to have fun at the same time.

That sounds like a great idea 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Hey everyone,
My name is Emily, I am a 22 year old Gaia addict.
I have been on and off the site since 2005.
For the last few months I have been watching the Site Feedback forum very closely.
The last few days I have finally started to get involved with what is happening on Gaia.
Ive basically had enough, things have changed too much.
I was really excited to find this guild, where everyone is so peaceful and just really loves Gaia enough to speak out.
emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira

Soshi Megami

Millionaire

Hawkeyesgun

Timid Genius

11,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm
Soshi Megami
Hey everyone,
For the last few months I have been watching the Site Feedback forum very closely.
The last few days I have finally started to get involved with what is happening on Gaia.
I was really excited to find this guild, where everyone is so peaceful and just really loves Gaia enough to speak out.

Hey Emily!
I have been here just as long as you, and I have been quiet for most of my stay on Gaia as well. I wasn't too active until 2012, and I know how rough it was for me to start speaking out, and being myself. I just started to make some awesome friends in this guild by becoming more active here. So, dive in and just start....posting!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:21 pm
Hawkeyesgun
Soshi Megami
Hey everyone,

Hey Emily!
I have been here just as long as you, and I have been quiet for most of my stay on Gaia as well. I wasn't too active until 2012, and I know how rough it was for me to start speaking out, and being myself. I just started to make some awesome friends in this guild by becoming more active here. So, dive in and just start....posting!

Thank you so much! emotion_bigheart Im exited to join in.

Soshi Megami

Millionaire

Cruznick06

Apocalyptic Glitch

12,750 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:06 pm
Hi, I'm Cruznick06, you can call me Cruz or 06 if you want. I've been on gaia (with this account) since I think 2007/08. I've been a lurker (well looking over the shoulder of my friend's older sister and playing with tektek) since 2004.

I miss the fun of old events and semi-regular story updates. Sure, the trial of Ian went on for a really long time, but at least NPCs seemed somewhat concerned about it. Right now the only NPC that even mentions the current ongoings of the story is Louie and you have to really cycle through his replies to get him to mention Edmund or the Kuro Gang.

Last year's Halloween event was semi-broken (rigged) but at least it was fun and doable. I got all of the items in 2 nights and even got the Dark Elf ones on my mule. This event, if you want to get anywhere you have to pay GC. I'm not ok with that.

I'm tired of Flash Sales (which happen pretty much every day now), Pop-Ups and constant money-grubbing.

What happened to Gaia being a community? And what the hell happened with Nyx/Don Kuro? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:28 pm
i was personally tracked down during the halloween event for my use of math, arithmetic, research, quotation, observational, and social skills, however, i missed the revolution event to much dismay bc of prior commitments

i would have loved to hang out with everyone and learn the culture here, but when i set my mind to something, i never let up

and although i skipped the entire event here, for my commitments prior, it should prove a useful skill later on  

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Gemini Syndrome

Tipsy Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 am
Ciao, m'dears.

The name's Anjel. Don't mind the avie, I'm a girl. I'm a lazy Artist with a currently closed Artshop. I was introduced by my sister to this community at a young age of 13. We both thought it was still good around 2007 and became active users and mainly lurked around ArtShops and everything that was related to getting gold the honest way. Gaia was still innocent and everyone aimed to find good company instead of 'looking good' like how it is these days. Eventually, we both went on semi-hiatus only to visit the great friends that still exist in our gaia lives. Now, I'm back to somehow help Gaia get better with this guild. May everyone fare well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:15 am
Cruznick06
Hi, I'm Cruznick06, you can call me Cruz or 06 if you want. I've been on gaia (with this account) since I think 2007/08. I've been a lurker (well looking over the shoulder of my friend's older sister and playing with tektek) since 2004.

I miss the fun of old events and semi-regular story updates. Sure, the trial of Ian went on for a really long time, but at least NPCs seemed somewhat concerned about it. Right now the only NPC that even mentions the current ongoings of the story is Louie and you have to really cycle through his replies to get him to mention Edmund or the Kuro Gang.

Last year's Halloween event was semi-broken (rigged) but at least it was fun and doable. I got all of the items in 2 nights and even got the Dark Elf ones on my mule. This event, if you want to get anywhere you have to pay GC. I'm not ok with that.

I'm tired of Flash Sales (which happen pretty much every day now), Pop-Ups and constant money-grubbing.

What happened to Gaia being a community? And what the hell happened with Nyx/Don Kuro? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi, Cruz! Check around the guild forums, we are trying to get some of that sense of community back. A lot of us are really missing it. And the story, we hope, will continue.... I am actually learning more of the story as people talk about what they miss having updated.  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:18 am
Ess The Shattered
i was personally tracked down during the halloween event for my use of math, arithmetic, research, quotation, observational, and social skills, however, i missed the revolution event to much dismay bc of prior commitments

i would have loved to hang out with everyone and learn the culture here, but when i set my mind to something, i never let up

and although i skipped the entire event here, for my commitments prior, it should prove a useful skill later on

Math and stat ability can be quite useful, and the halloween eventbattle system will be re-used, which is good news I guess (but maybe without the potions?) We had fun in the guild, but more events will be coming. Check out the Welcoming Committee thread, there are some interesting links in there!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm an Elf who lurks on zOMG! as well as the z!, Site Q&A, Bug & Tech Support, and sometimes the GCD.
Been seeing a lot of Revolution or Occupy Gaia banners, so I figured I'd stick it in with you guys.
Ugh, and I'm a loyal '06 member who is just sick of getting an announcement every day about a Flash Sale.

Arche Elf

Giver

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:21 pm
Quote:
http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/989/989342w62febyxjq.gif

I'm an Elf who lurks on zOMG! as well as the z!, Site Q&A, Bug & Tech Support, and sometimes the GCD.
Been seeing a lot of Revolution or Occupy Gaia banners, so I figured I'd stick it in with you guys.
Ugh, and I'm a loyal '06 member who is just sick of getting an announcement every day about a Flash Sale.

Hey there! Welcome to Revolution: Gaia! If you haven't already, please check out our Guild Rules then jump on in! Our guild is a wonderful place not just to voice concerns but also to have fun. We've got many initiatives going right now and we even have our own user-run market where guild members can buy and sell at pre-inflation prices!

I definitely understand your flash sale disdain. It's one of the reasons this guild has grown so strong and fixing it is one of our main goals. <3 I miss when ZomG was active but I myself still play. <3

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:33 pm
Gemini Syndrome
Ciao, m'dears.

The name's Anjel. Don't mind the avie, I'm a girl. I'm a lazy Artist with a currently closed Artshop. I was introduced by my sister to this community at a young age of 13. We both thought it was still good around 2007 and became active users and mainly lurked around ArtShops and everything that was related to getting gold the honest way. Gaia was still innocent and everyone aimed to find good company instead of 'looking good' like how it is these days. Eventually, we both went on semi-hiatus only to visit the great friends that still exist in our gaia lives. Now, I'm back to somehow help Gaia get better with this guild. May everyone fare well.

Hi and welcome! While mgmt. seems to be angling for those who want to 'look good' exclusively, let's hope they recall what made this a great site - the people. I love having Gaia friends from all over the world. I think you will like the people here.  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Asari Matriarch

Destructive Rogue

10,650 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:57 pm
My name is Ess.

I have been a Gaian user since 2006; on various accounts.
I have also been a Gaian enthusiast and micro-historian.

I am good with math, arithmetic, vocalization, public speaking, charisma, sociology, psychology, economics, presentation, ect ect ect ...

I was found in the H2K13 Event but members of this guild and was heavily persuaded to join and offer my unique skill set, as I had fully and completely unwound the flaws of the Battle System both numerically, socially, and systematically.

My "demonstration" /slash/ "protest" of the event was to achieve maximum efficiency while using no gold or cash for the event.

I was able to achieve one of the highest scores and placement in the event worldwide from original skill and showmanship.
People do not NEED to pay to win, nor is it kind to have PAYING users on the same field as those you cater too as Free Users.

Free Users drove this site to fame, Free Users donated this site for years to keep it running, and Free Users are what ENTICE other users to PAY for "said advantage."

Ultimately, because Gaia is a community first, and a "game" second (or even third), the Free Users (as we are called) make up the entire soul and backbone of everything.

That being said; my rant is over and this is entirely not how I thought my welcoming post would go.

I'm sure I forgot to say tons of stuff, and the stuff I did say is all jambled up.
Apologies there.

Anyhow, I guess on this fine 5th of November (remember, remember); I'm joining you full-heartedly.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games