Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 am

When you say you were born without cognitive dissonance, do you mean that your thoughts have never really conflicted with one another, so didn't require that process, or that it your thoughts have always been relatively logical and straightforward?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:06 am

Priestley
When you say you were born without cognitive dissonance, do you mean that your thoughts have never really conflicted with one another, so didn't require that process, or that it your thoughts have always been relatively logical and straightforward?

I mean I am incapable of it. My mind is completely and utterly incapable of holding contradictory thoughts as true.

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:45 am

zz1000zz
Priestley

I mean I am incapable of it. My mind is completely and utterly incapable of holding contradictory thoughts as true.

Ah, I can see why that might have caused issues for you growing up.

I had similar issues, except it was more a product of illogical thinking and cognitive dissonance. I was brought up that one course of action (or inaction) was right, good and true but observed that it caused me a great deal of anguish. I struggled with the thoughts that certain behaviours were right, good and proper and, at the same time, that such behaviours caused me pain, and reasoned that doing the opposite behaviours or not doing such behaviours would stop causing me pain. It was logical in the short term but illogical in the long term.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:50 pm

I didn't exactly fit in when I was a kid either. But ya know, it made me a stronger person and a lot more secure with myself. 'Wierd' is never a bad thing if you are ok with yourself (well, so long as it doesn't really hurt anyone else) and screw what everyone else thinks. I find it kinda funny how much people accepted my wierdness once i came to terms with it on my own.

Though, I guess I have a bit of an advantage as I wound up being a very social person...
I've also had about ten extra years of practice or so, as far as dealing with my flaws goes.

I'm far from perfect, but I've leaned lots.

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:26 am

I noticed a big change when I went to college. My college has a high population or performing arts people, so there are a lot more people that think like me and understand my thought process here than at my high school. Everyone is extremely diffferent, but I just connected better here with people than I did with most of my friends in high school. Not to say I didn't have great friends in high school and the few who mattered I'm still in touch with. People just seems to understand me more here, and I have a lot more common interests than back home.

I kidna felt like the weird one for a lot of high school, but once you come to terms with that, I think everything else kind of falls into place.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:40 am

All in favour of celebrating each other?

Priestley

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:46 pm

Priestley

Me!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:56 pm

freelance lover
Priestley

Me!

Yes, we'll celebrate you too! xd

Priestley

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm

I'm in favor of it. biggrin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:26 am

*holds up a glass* xd

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:19 am

*refrains*
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 pm

Party pooper. xd

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:52 pm

So, pants are optional. Does that mean I can wear a skirt? If so, may I borrow one from you, Zz?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Priestley
freelance lover
Priestley

Me!

Yes, we'll celebrate you too! xd

I meant I was in favor xD

freelance lover
Crew

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:33 pm

I don't need anyone to celebrate me! I can celebrate myself! (But it is nice to feel liked ninja )

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games