Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baron Von Radical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:58 pm
wash_away
King Kento
At some point I may have to update my salamanders into a drop army thanks to that link you posted in another thread.

Like the slaanesh dread, and the shields on the marines are very nice.

Good s**t all around.

And points for a classic speeder.

it was in the intro thread on the last page 3nodding

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wash_away/minis/40kpics002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wash_away/minis/40kpics003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/wash_away/minis/40kpics004.jpg
We can see the phone number on the other side. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:09 am
I made me a near scratch built Earthshaker Platform a while back, and I've just now photographed it. My friend gave me the barrel to one, which he for whatever reason had extra and didn't need. The rest of which is random parts, from GW, Lego, a tank model kit, and some plasticard. Despite the shoddy paint job, I think it turned out alright.

User Image
User Image  

Xenos Mortium

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:14 am
the lego bits I can pick out blend in really well. Very resourceful of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:11 pm
Here is a sentinel I just finished converting last night. Hope to have it painted soon.  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 pm
Sgt_OBrien
Here is a sentinel I just finished converting last night. Hope to have it painted soon.

Nice job with the closed top, I take it thats plasticard. Are the horizontal rectangles on the front panels going to be painted to look like glass? If not, how does the pilot see?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:40 pm
I received a "free" Catachan army about a month back, and my severe limit in funds means that I can't buy many new models. So here's my question: Do you of the 40k community have any suggestions on how to convert them to be used WYSIWYG for flak armor so that I don't have to use the Jungle Fighter doctrine to cover myself?

((Note: I'm building an army for Adepticon with these, so time is of the essence))  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:18 am
Caleidah
I received a "free" Catachan army about a month back, and my severe limit in funds means that I can't buy many new models. So here's my question: Do you of the 40k community have any suggestions on how to convert them to be used WYSIWYG for flak armor so that I don't have to use the Jungle Fighter doctrine to cover myself?

((Note: I'm building an army for Adepticon with these, so time is of the essence))
I don't think that it's really nessecary, personally. At worst, if you're low on funds and don't have much time, then I'd suggest just greenstuffing on some extra armour. If you have a little bit more money, but a ton of Cadian torso bits off of Ebay. That seems like the easiset way I can think of.

@O'Brien- I think that looks awesome! Good job on that. I like sentinels, personally, but they just don't fit in too well with my army. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:49 am
King Kento
Sgt_OBrien

Nice job with the closed top, I take it thats plasticard. Are the horizontal rectangles on the front panels going to be painted to look like glass? If not, how does the pilot see?

Yes, the rectangles will be painted to be seeing ports. The other peices of extra plasticard will be painted in vehicle colors and resemble extra armour plates. 3nodding  

BloodyMary76

Witty Conversationalist

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Alright. Here's the update on the status of my Catachan conversions. One of the players that lives nearby to me might have a large number of marine bits in his possession, and so my current idea is to try and convert all the models that would have carapace armor in my list (10 in total) with some Marine shoulderpads. Has anybody tried it in the past/got any suggestions?

I've decided to make some light body armor out of GS for the rest of the army, or at least enough as I need. Pictures will ensue once I've got it worked out a bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:28 pm
The marine shoulder pads doesn't look any good at all on them, I know since a friend of mine did that when he was new to the hobby, and they looked bad. D:

I'd say greenstuff armour or leave them be, just use them like people did in the past, just tough guards. :B  

Shinobi_8745

WarpedSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:12 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
I made a poxy putty "flask" for a valhallan captain model and had him holding it for a games workshop diorama once. I called it "Clear as vodka"... and it had this drunk valhallan officer drinking from the flask, looking tipsy, with a big ork nob about to cleave his head off from behind. xd Dumb russian.

i allready dont like this post......due to the comment "Dumb russian" im half russian and that hurt..... razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:43 pm
WarpedSoul
Cagalli Yura Attha
I made a poxy putty "flask" for a valhallan captain model and had him holding it for a games workshop diorama once. I called it "Clear as vodka"... and it had this drunk valhallan officer drinking from the flask, looking tipsy, with a big ork nob about to cleave his head off from behind. xd Dumb russian.

i allready dont like this post......due to the comment "Dumb russian" im half russian and that hurt..... razz
I notice that people who are half or a quarter, or merely descendant of a certain race or nationality often get more offended by simple things than people actually from the country or of the race. For instance, some of my best friends are Russian, and they'd likely laugh at it, because it's authentic. whee  

Xenos Mortium

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:25 pm
Does it really matter? "WarpedSoul"'s replyijng to something from Nov 2004. Whenever someone does that, I usually just ignore it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:22 am
DarkElf27
I want to see a space marine with a power fist holding Master Chief up by the neck with the MC's feet dangling... sorry, 1vs1, a space marine would beat Master Chief any day. 3nodding
Nyarr harr...

I know I'm quoting something REALLY old...

But I like this idea... And I might get my green hands into it sometime when I have free time away from my orks. >:3  

Shinobi_8745

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games