Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:37 pm
Welcome guys! Sorry I haven't been able to greet each one of you individually. I hope we can be of help to you guys. Welcome aboard.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:56 am
Hello smile Im an animator/illustrator. New to the guild and Im currently in college majoring in the previous. I go as FB for short, since Fibblebibble is sometimes long to type. Just wanted to introduce myself, say hello and hopefully get some tips on how to make my stuff better. 3nodding  

WuBaku

azn_animeangel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 am
Hello, call me Jo. I'm currently swimming in APs in high school. I've been taking art classes in and out of high school and drawing on my own for a long time. I curently draw in an anime-influenced style, but trying to get away from the anime influence once and for all. I want to become somewhat of a character designer/entertainment art person. I want to learn from all the great artists here on Gaia and this place is perfect! :'D

Nice to meet you all! ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:57 pm
Hi there FB and Jo. I'm new to the guild as well. Although I joined in February, I also quit at the time as well and never got the chance to fully introduce myself.

My name's Dave. I'm also a highschool student, fully driven in art and music. I've drawn for such a long time, but only since this year have I been passionate about art. I hope to get a mentee and a mentor eventually.

I just started a journal, so If you're interested, drop by and check it out! I'd love to hear some suggestions.
Here's a demo of old artwork just for the hell of it. I hope you enjoy!
User Image
And just one more!
User Image

Sorry for a long post, I wanted to have the most epic introduction since... ever!  

DavidFlakes

WuBaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:51 pm
DavidFlakes
Hi there FB and Jo. I'm new to the guild as well. Although I joined in February, I also quit at the time as well and never got the chance to fully introduce myself.

My name's Dave. I'm also a highschool student, fully driven in art and music. I've drawn for such a long time, but only since this year have I been passionate about art. I hope to get a mentee and a mentor eventually.

I just started a journal, so If you're interested, drop by and check it out! I'd love to hear some suggestions.
Here's a demo of old artwork just for the hell of it. I hope you enjoy!
User Image
And just one more!
User Image

Sorry for a long post, I wanted to have the most epic introduction since... ever!

Hi Azn and Flakes smile Welcome to the guild hah. Thats awesome your going to use your journal to post up pictures of some of your work. I was planning on doing the same thing. smile

Btw I like the second piece you posted, but I wont do any critique here. Let me know if you'd like any crits though in a PM or in another thread here in the guild. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:07 pm
Oh I love getting critiqued. Drop me a comment in my profile and make sure you link me to the picture you refer to.
I'm not too fond of the second picture... I did it a few weeks ago, and I've gotten so much better since then.

Happy to get to know you, FB smile  

DavidFlakes

Lucimorth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:44 pm
I am back...<---Simking  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:19 pm
Welcome guys! Please, make mentee threads for yourselves and start going through other threads as well. We're a bit slow, but the feedback you get here is worth the wait.

Simking, good to have you back, man.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Elixias

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:16 pm
Hi, my name is Elix biggrin Currently I'm working for an organization that doesn't allow us to go home, so I usually use whatever time possible to draw.

Been drawing for 4 years now, but it's very on and off. Just drawing without any know-how of techniques and just scared that I'm taking the wrong direction (and not knowing).

Thanks for letting me into the guild!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:40 am
Hello,

Just created my mentor thread.

As for what I do is easy to explain, it sums up to just about anything but manga. My personal preference is 3D art, if which there is a link below.  

Reyn Khuprus

Firekoorime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:33 pm

Hiyee, everyone! My name is Firekoorime, but feel free to call me Fire or Koori. Anyway, I thought I'd introduce myself. I joined this guild to find fellow art lovers to chat with... I mostly do pencil/pen illustrations and fell in love with art when my obsession (not so much anymore) with animes/mangas began. Yup, I'm looking forward to meeting lots of interesting and talented artists.

User Image
ƒîяεkσσяïmε

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:34 pm
Oops, my siggy got messed up! sad

User Image
ƒîяεkσσяïmε

Firekoorime

Dante_231

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 am
Hi hi My name is Brian, recently graduated from high school, I have always loved drawing, but I have never been that good at it, so I have come here to hopefully develop some skill and meet some good people.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:34 am
Hi, Brian! Nice to meet you - welcome to the guild! smile

User Image
ƒîяεkσσяïmε

Firekoorime

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games