Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Why's he not part of the army again?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:55 pm

CuAnnan

According to his profile, he's only 17. You must be 18 to join the US Armed Forces. Also, his profile stated he was joining "next year".  

Lance Kibagari

IH_Zero

CuAnnan

Too young, according to his profile. He could possibly be enlisted at the age he supposedly is, but not yet actually in the service.

Edit: Actually, under specific circumstances, one may be enlisted and in the service at 17. I highly doubt that is the case though, as given his supposed age, I don't believe enough time has passed for Basic and job training.

Violet Song jat Shariff

You may want to give the poor guy a disclaimer/warning before the "best" parts. You'll give the poor guy a heart attack!
Naw. I'll let him read it himself. That way he can get the feel for which bindings to lay.

Cu>> The time it takes from when you come of age to when you take your oath and training in order to perform the job he claims isn't physically possible, unless he lied again.

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 pm

riddle_box_juggalo
I do serve the army.

Have you taken your oaths?

Quote:
You don't need to believe me.I haven't kept my profile up to date and apparently this is the bullshit I get for it.

See, we might believe that if it weren't for the massive amounts of bullshit you've given us so far.
Quote:
You know, for just a moment, I thought this could be a place where I could actually talk and not worry about being ridiculed. I was wrong. I apparently have no right to think and must conform to what others think or else be condemned by them. Just when I thought this would be different.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Oh I know; we're just terrible people for wanting you to ******** think about what you're saying and what you do.
If you just want to ******** talk without being called on your horridly erroneous bullshit, get your a** to the ******** Chatterbox. If you want solid discussion from which you can learn and grow, stick around.
Of course you have the right to think; if bigots have the right to spread their s**t, then you have the right to think. Doesn't mean that what you think is correct, consistent, or reasonable. Doesn't mean that others won't call you out on it.

Do people like you even bother to read the guild homepage before you hit "join guild"? I'm ever so curious.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:58 pm

Ah.
So he's a liar either way.
I thought you could enlist at 17.... wait, no that's drive.

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 pm

TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

You may want to give the poor guy a disclaimer/warning before the "best" parts. You'll give the poor guy a heart attack!
Naw. I'll let him read it himself. That way he can get the feel for which bindings to lay.

whee
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:59 pm

riddle_box_juggalo
You know, for just a moment, I thought this could be a place where I could actually talk and not worry about being ridiculed.

Tyr lost his hand upholding an Oath in order to bind the Fenriswolf. You follow him, and yet you object to being called in the internal fallacies of your beliefs.

I don't know whether to pour out to you meeting Tyr, or pour out to you not.

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Deoridhe
riddle_box_juggalo
You know, for just a moment, I thought this could be a place where I could actually talk and not worry about being ridiculed.

Tyr lost his hand upholding an Oath in order to bind the Fenriswolf. You follow him, and yet you object to being called in the internal fallacies of your beliefs.

I don't care whether or not this guy meets Tyr.
But I'd pay to be there on the day that Tyr meets him.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:01 pm

CuAnnan
Ah.
So he's a liar either way.
I thought you could enlist at 17.... wait, no that's drive.

You can enlist, but you have to have your parents sign for you. And I don't believe you can ship out until you've graduated high school. Unless you're a drop out, but even then, I believe you have to have your GED.

The only way he could already be in the service is if he was a high school drop out, with his GED, whose parents signed off for him. Even then, with when his birthday supposedly is according to his profile, not enough time has passed for him to get through both basic and job training, and be assigned to a unit.

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Doesn't mean that what you think is correct, consistent, or reasonable. Doesn't mean that others won't call you out on it.

Do people like you even bother to read the guild homepage before you hit "join guild"? I'm ever so curious.

My favorite part:
Quote:
You've found the right place. The Rehab Center is a place for Pagans of all kinds to gather and talk things out, discuss and yes, we argue and challenge assumptions.

Deo>> Maybe if he actually met Tyr, he could learn a thing to two.

Deoridhe
riddle_box_juggalo

I'd like to say the first, but then again this has been amusing so far and I would like the dinner show to continue.  

Lance Kibagari

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 pm

CuAnnan
I don't care whether or not this guy meets Tyr.
But I'd pay to be there on the day that Tyr meets him.

.....I approve of your reorganization. Also, ~<3 Hi!

TeaDidikai
Deo>> Maybe if he actually met Tyr, he could learn a thing to two.

True... I don't know much of Tyr and how well he suffers people acting dishonorably in his name, though. ALSO< ~<3 Hi!

Lance Kisgyr
I'd like to say the first, but then again this has been amusing so far and I would like the dinner show to continue.

*snickers*

See, this is why I get along with Odin, but not so much Tyr.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm

TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
Doesn't mean that what you think is correct, consistent, or reasonable. Doesn't mean that others won't call you out on it.

My favorite part:
Quote:
You've found the right place. The Rehab Center is a place for Pagans of all kinds to gather and talk things out, discuss and yes, we argue and challenge assumptions.

It's down towards the end of the introduction xd He probably never even read that far.

And I agree with Lance; the show must go on!

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:23 pm

this is a bit long winded, as i was late in the game, but felt the need to put my foot in, if only because of military and Tyr being mentioned...

riddle_box_juggalo
I am a soldier. I am private first class Ball in the 469th medical company. 2nd platoon, first squad.

who did you get to enlist? how many college credits did you get? did you pass your first PT test in basic? and how many tours did you say you've done? where was your basic? how long was your specialty training?

riddle_box_juggalo
I follow Tyr, but I have no power in correcting that. And sooner would most agreeably be better.

um, yes. you do. Tyr does not trick people into following him. he does not cajole or persuade. he simply walks and it is up to you whether you will follow or walk with him on his path.

riddle_box_juggalo
Just as much as religious leaders to say that islam is of the devil. It's wrong, but it is a constitutional right.

and it's as much of a constitutional right to correct them, as well as not pass on their lies.

riddle_box_juggalo
One, I wasn't talking to you tea.

public forum - you don't want someone else getting in on the conversation, you take it to PM.

riddle_box_juggalo
Two, these a crimes committed by individuals, not the group in whole, therefore the group is protected by the constitution still.

no, the group is only protected by the constitution in regards to freedom of speech and freedom of practice, in so much as it doesn't infringe on another's same protected rights.

once a person, or a group, starts committing libel, slander, abuse, discrimination, rape, and many other aspects of persecution, they can be prosecuted with the constitution's blessing.

riddle_box_juggalo
They can preach and preach, but those who actually do the infraction will be punished.

particularly with libel and slander, those who might be preaching might be the one's carrying out the infraction.

riddle_box_juggalo
I've been trying to, but the fact that Tea has been questioning so much as my very humanity has been quite distracting.

except she hasn't. she questioned why you were perpetuating lies and fallacies about a religion. you admitted they weren't your words, but you used them in a way to support your opinion.

riddle_box_juggalo
I am the 7th generation of soldier on my father's side, so I know what I'm actually doing.

if military were genetic, then i'd be a Major General of the United States Air Force by birth. or a Major of the United States Air Force. or maybe even a Staff Sergeant of the United States Air Force.

no, instead, i get to go to boot camp, like every other enlisted kid, and i get to be trained to "know what i'm actually doing". additionally, that's what they have A schools (or tech schools, depending on your branch) to train your specialty.

appeal to authority. fallacy.

riddle_box_juggalo
Know me before you yell at me. Before you question something like my humanity. This goes out to all.

i haven't seen a question to your humanity. a question to your validity, to your arguments, to your support, yes. not your humanity.

riddle_box_juggalo
So tell me, what am I supposed to do? Tell somebody when they're wrong anytime they're wrong?

that's a start.

riddle_box_juggalo
Take militant action against those groups who have poisoned the minds of others?

i don't believe anyone was suggesting that. straw man.

riddle_box_juggalo
End racism?

by not contributing and spreading racist remarks, or lies, yes.

riddle_box_juggalo
I'm one person, and nothing that I do can stop these people.

how about making it known to your friends and family that you don't support racial jokes? or that when someone around you is defaming a religion, race, sex, whatever, that you kindly say "that isn't appropriate and would appreciate you stopping those kind of remarks," and walk away if they don't?

the deal is this - you have presented yourself as military, E3, Private First Class in the United States Army, meanwhile, with the age you've put in your profile (beyond the stated amount - your birthday is stated on the left), it's a big stretch to see you as that position.

then, when approached to stop perpetuating lies or misinformation about something that is shown to be false, you get defensive and insist we are attacking you.

then, to drag Tyr into all of this...no. not needed, and doesn't do anything for your position, as you seem to be using him as a character reference. which wasn't needed.
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games