Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:26 am
seems someone will spend their Easter holiday busy... have fun!

40k quote of the day:Your foe is well-equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have tanks on ours.
- Colonel Joachim Pfeiff, 14th Krieg Panzer Regiment  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:38 am
Lady Blodwynn
This made my weekend! If you GM this game then I will follow! blaugh
Yeah, I guess this means I'll be swapping the Rogue Trader campaign for something a bit more down to earth. sweatdrop

On the bright side, this could result in bigger games as more people will most likely be interested in this, sergeant. I also heard down the grapevine that Sam wants to be the commissar, make of that what you will. sweatdrop  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:08 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Winnie, when you first read that announcement, did you make a mess of yourself? I know someone else who did. sweatdrop
I may or may not have lost control and taken a gigantic swig of Smirnov. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
This made my weekend! If you GM this game then I will follow! blaugh
Yeah, I guess this means I'll be swapping the Rogue Trader campaign for something a bit more down to earth. sweatdrop

On the bright side, this could result in bigger games as more people will most likely be interested in this, sergeant. I also heard down the grapevine that Sam wants to be the commissar, make of that what you will. sweatdrop
User Image  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:12 pm
Dibs on playing the group Medic. "Oh, get up. It's only two rounds to the chest, and they didn't hit anything important. Rub some dirt in it and keep up, will you? I don't have enough Stimm to go around."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm
It will be fun to run a campaign with a solid group of regulars from start to finish. You start out as raw recruits (or white shields depending on the regiment) and fight for survival from warzone to the other, slowly becoming grizzled veterans, each with your own set of quirks and skills. Band of Brothers 40K anyone? mrgreen  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:34 am
Am I the only one not excited about this and actually reluctant to swap her greatcoat and frock for an ill-fitting uniform and two sizes too large boots? crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:16 am
Count me in. biggrin
With or without an enginseer. ninja

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Am I the only one not excited about this and actually reluctant to swap her greatcoat and frock for an ill-fitting uniform and two sizes too large boots? crying
You are ill-suited for military life. You can keep on playing the space princess. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“I’ve seen some miserable balls of dirt in my time, but this place really is a boil on the arse of the Emperor-damned universe. I mean, an eleven hour day and a three hour night: hardly any time to get anything done at all."
–Sergeant Dryak, 14th Recon, Catachan 233rd

In fewer than eleven hours, the Imperium will commence its orbital bombardment of an Ork-infested death world. Unfortunately for you and the other members of the Catachan 233rd, that may not be enough time to reach the safety of a firebase. Can you traverse kilometres of dense, xenos-covered jungle in time to escape? And when faced with time-consuming questions of duty, honour, and compassion, will you remain true to your principles, or abandon them in a moment of self-serving desperation?

Fantasy Flight Games is pleased to once again participate in Free RPG Day, an annual event that encourages RPG enthusiasts to demo current and upcoming titles. Last week, we revealed Only War, an all-new standalone Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying game in which players take on the roles of soldiers in the Imperial Guard, the galaxy-spanning armies of the God-Emperor.

Now, you’re invited to take part in Eleventh Hour, an introductory adventure for Only War! When your superiors abandon you on the sweltering surface of a hostile world, will you have the strength to embody the ideals of the Imperial Guard?

Duty and Honour
Taking place June 16th at a retailer near you, this free introduction to Only War includes a full adventure, four pre-generated characters, and a set of basic rules to help players and Game Masters become familiar with the Only War roleplaying game. See if your local retailer is participating at the Free RPG Day Retailer Locator.

Do you live in the Roseville, Minnesota area? In honor of Free RPG Day, the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center will be giving away free copies of Eleventh Hour, and Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay developers Andrew Fischer, Max Brooke, Tim Huckelbery, and Mack Martin will be in attendance to answer questions and run introductory sessions. Sign up now at the Event Center to play Only War with a 40K RPG designer!

The bombardment will begin soon. Grab your gear and get moving, soldier!

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:42 am
From Forge World:

K'DAAI FIREBORN

The priests of Hashut have long sought to create something more than a mere bound spirit and with the K’daai Fireborn they have succeeded; through their dark arts they have forged a race of powerful warriors, half-daemon and half-raging fire. Drawn from the magma of the deep earth, birthed in the boiling blood sacrifices of Hashut’s altars, and bound and given form within an armoured framework of articulated iron and rune-stamped bronze, the K’daai are devastating shock troops that slumber between battles as cold frameworks of barbed metal. When unleashed upon an enemy force, the fire within them rages into existence and they become mindless, elemental forces of destruction that few mortals can hope to survive.

Designed by Edgar Skomorowski, the K’daai Fireborn are a set of three intricately detailed multi-part resin models, available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 27th April. This kit contains three different torso designs, three different lower bodies and three different pairs of weapons – each of which are fully interchangeable. Rules for the K’daai Fireborn fielded as part of a Chaos Dwarfs army can be found in Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos, and Binding Scroll rules to align this powerful force of darkness with other Warhammer armies are included in Monstrous Arcanum. Additional ranks and Empire figure shown in some images for illustration purposes only.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:40 am
My turn. There's a French company out there called Raging Heroes that does a lot of really sexy minis. Here's their latest release, their own version of dark elf witches:

Quote:
We are proud to announce that our 10 Blood Vestals are now available for pre-order, and are planned to start shipping April 23. It's a week late from our targeted release date, but this gives you the opportunity to still acquire them at pre-order pricing!

The Command Group box contains 1 Heroine, 1 Musician and 1 Standard Bearer as well as 2 additional Warriors. More images (may be NSFW).

The Blood Vestals box contains 5 more different Warriors. More images (may be NSFW).

Together, the Blood Vestals + Command Group total up 10 different characters.
They are 28mm scale and an excellent fit with most major Fantasy games.
Each Blood Vestal is a one-part metal cast.

Limited Introductory Offer for our Newsletter subscribers
Get a 5% rebate on the Blood Vestals (17,05€ instead of 17,95€) and the Command Group (18,95€ instead of 19,95€).
Here is the coupon code: BVlaunch
But hurry! This coupon is only good for the first 50 orders.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you want 40k models instead, they're working on them, here's what they have out right now:

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/kapitan-ivanka-kurganova-28mm  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:08 pm
the last one looks like our own guild Comissar... smile WIN  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

“Man your ships! And may the Force be with you!”
-General Dodonna, Star Wars: IV A New Hope

With the X-Wing Miniatures Game coming this summer, you’ll be able build your own squadron of classic Star Wars starfighters and duel with your favorite ships from the Star Wars films. In this dynamic, fast-paced game of tactical space battles, the battlefield changes in a heartbeat, and every decision you make has immediate consequences.

Today, we’re thrilled to announce the first set of X-Wing expansion packs! With these amazingly detailed and painted ships, recreate battles from the Star Wars films, or stage your own cinematic space battles.

Each expansion for X-Wing contains one striking starfighter miniature. Moreover, these expansions include new Upgrade cards and several Ship cards featuring some of the most iconic Star Wars fighter pilots.

X-Wing Expansion Pack

As the primary starfighter of the Rebellion, the X-wing is a well-rounded machine that features powerful deflector shields, potent laser cannons, and deadly proton torpedoes. While less maneuverable than Imperial TIE fighters, the X-wing has superior defensive capabilities, and under the command of an experienced pilot, an X-wing performs remarkably in combat.

The X-Wing Expansion Pack includes one of the Rebellion’s most distinguished and capable pilots, Wedge Antilles. An influential character at the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Endor, this hotshot pilot can easily outmaneuver his enemies and gain superior firing solutions. Watch out for future previews of the X-Wing Expansion Pack and the other three pilots it contains.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TIE Fighter Expansion Pack

The TIE fighter is a ubiquitous symbol of the Empire. These fighters are generally employed in massive numbers, overwhelming even the best Rebel pilots. TIE fighters rely on speed and strength in numbers to overcome their enemies, and while this fighter only features a pair of laser cannons and lacks shields of any kind, its swiftness and dexterity make it a dangerous opponent in a dogfight.

Add to your swarm of agile TIE fighters with this expansion, which includes six pilots, and send out the dangerous and crafty Imperial pilot “Backstabber.” This expert pilot was one of Darth Vader’s wingmen in the Battle of Yavin. As his name implies, he is particularly vicious when attacking an enemy from behind. Give your squadron an edge in any conflict with the TIE Fighter Expansion Pack.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Y-Wing Expansion Pack

Although slower and less maneuverable than the X-wing, the Y-wing makes up for its shortcomings with superior armament, armor, and shielding. In addition to its other weapons, the Y-wing makes use of an ion cannon that is capable of disabling enemy ships without destroying them. The staple of the Rebellion until the arrival of the X-wing, this craft is still known as one of the most durable starfighters in the galaxy.

If you are looking to add a rugged fighter to your squadron, look no further than the Y-Wing Expansion Pack, which includes Rebel squadron leader Horton Salm and three additional pilots. Designated as Gray Leader during the Battle of Endor, Salm is a crack shot, and even from long distances, he can nail his target. Upgrade his ship with an ion cannon, and temporarily gain the upper hand by incapacitating enemy ships.

TIE Advanced Expansion Pack

A noted improvement on the widely used TIE fighter, this fighter features shielding and better weapons, like lethal cluster missiles. This TIE fighter variant is produced in very limited numbers and only flown by experienced pilots. The TIE Advanced x1 Prototype was infamously flown by Darth Vader in the battle of Yavin.

Control the legendary Darth Vader or choose from three additional pilots with the TIE Advanced Expansion Pack. Resourceful and merciless, Vader is so skilled that he performs multiple actions in the same time other pilots perform one!

Upgrade Vader’s ship with powerful cluster or concussion missiles, and demolish even the toughest enemies. Learn more about talented TIE Advanced pilots like Maarek Stele in upcoming previews.

X-Wing Dice Expansion Pack

Make the jump to lightspeed with the X-Wing Dice Expansion Pack! With an additional set of custom dice, your games move faster, allowing you to focus on outwitting your opponents. This accessory includes three red attack dice and three green defense dice.

Add these convenient dice, along with all of the X-Wing expansion packs, to your squadrons when the X-Wing Miniatures Game releases this summer. These expansions allow you to amass your own collection of starfighters and deploy your own customized squadron.

Stay tuned for more news, strategy articles, and X-Wing battle reports in the future!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:33 am
ahhh.... the computer times of the X-wing and later Tie fighter are one of my fondest memories... but this one? I am not sure how it will work. Lucas doesnt have a good rep for the tabletop products, save RPG series...  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games