Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:49 am

I am wearing pants right now. 3nodding

sad I'll keep you in my prayers, Ixor.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:15 am

zz, it's okay that you mock us. We mock you too! rofl It's all in good fun though. I'm almost said it's all in good sport... too much George Bernard Shaw.

We actually made a joke last night in rehearsal about "what do I have to swallow to get a point" which is much funnier if you understand that the actor's union uses the point system and you have to get x amount of points to get your equity card. It started out just talking about how you'll swallow bugs doing outdoor theatre and it all went downhill from there...

I'm technically still not wearing pants, as I' wearing a dress. Hooray! IRL I'm wearing pants though. Double hooray!

Ixor, that sucks sad I hope things work out soon.

freelance lover
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:27 am

Bah. You lame people and your pants.

And you know, I think everyone mocks me. It works out though, since I would mock pretty much everyone anyway.
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Would, or do, zz?

razz

freelance lover
Crew

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Yeah...things keep gettin' better...
Biggest issues right now; our internet got turned off and we can't afford to get it back. We're not even quite sure how we're gonna come up with the last $100 or so for our rent. And we can't even afford food...

We're hitting a food shelf on Tuesday. My roomie is posting some things on Craigslist. And...yeah...we need a small miracle...

If we can get through the next two weeks, i think we'll be fine.
Just have to be more careful with my money 'til my roommate can get re-employed or on unemployment...
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:30 am

freelance lover
Would, or do, zz?

razz

Well, the point was I would do it whether or not they did it too. You know, I am not doing the whole, "They started it!" thing.

From what I am told, I have been "weird" my entire life. I wish I knew who or what to blame for it.

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:45 am

zz1000zz
From what I am told, I have been "weird" my entire life. I wish I knew who or what to blame for it.

So you can thank them, right? xd

'Weird' is almost always synonymous with 'different'. Whether it's a curse or a blessing depends entirely on the observer (and people's tastes are fickle). Personally, I'm glad that you're not cookie-cutter. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I'm really pleased to see this funny, jovial side to you after going a few rounds with you in the guild forum.

You can stay. wink
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:55 am

Ixor-san
Yeah...things keep gettin' better...
Biggest issues right now; our internet got turned off and we can't afford to get it back. We're not even quite sure how we're gonna come up with the last $100 or so for our rent. And we can't even afford food...

We're hitting a food shelf on Tuesday. My roomie is posting some things on Craigslist. And...yeah...we need a small miracle...

If we can get through the next two weeks, i think we'll be fine.
Just have to be more careful with my money 'til my roommate can get re-employed or on unemployment...

You could go dumpster diving for food, if you don't mind the social stigma and possible health risks involved. Stores throw away perfectly good stuff.

Priestley

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 pm

zz, I was near you today! I was up in Muskogee at the Ren Faire! It was awesome 4laugh I'm sad I didn't get to see everything I wanted to though. I wanted to do the Maypole, but no time... and Maypole dancing is so much fun! And my boyfriend told a street performer I was his princess when the guy asked if I was a princess and my boyfriend thought he was hitting on me 4laugh He's adorable. He also taught me how to smoke a pipe today xD

But now I'm going to bed... flipping exhausted sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 pm

I HAVE MOSQUITO BITES ON MY FOOT AND THEY ITCH MY LIFE IS SO HARD YOU GUYS.

I have to go write the newsletter now because I am lame and forgot to do it over the weekend. sweatdrop

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:02 am

^.^
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

Fushigi na Butterfly

I have to go write the newsletter now because I am lame and forgot to do it over the weekend. sweatdrop

OH NOES. Whatever will you do?

freelance lover
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Priestley
zz1000zz

So you can thank them, right? xd

'Weird' is almost always synonymous with 'different'. Whether it's a curse or a blessing depends entirely on the observer (and people's tastes are fickle). Personally, I'm glad that you're not cookie-cutter. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I'm really pleased to see this funny, jovial side to you after going a few rounds with you in the guild forum.

You can stay. wink

I am pretty sure in my case "weird" was a bad thing. Or rather, it was a good thing, but it was bad to everyone else. My life sucked a lot because I was incapable of accepting all the horrible things that go on in this world.

I basically was born incapable of cognitive dissonance. I don't know if it was some genetic defect, the brainwashing of society not taking hold, or some other reason. Whatever it was, it made me a much "better" person. The cost of it was society hates that kind of person. When you are a little kid, you don't have any way to defend yourself from the world, so having everything and everyone in it hating you tends to really suck.

Oddly enough, I typed all of that without any bitterness. I have to wonder what it would have sounded if I actually had ranted instead.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:50 pm

freelance lover
Fushigi na Butterfly

OH NOES. Whatever will you do?

I'm trying to ignore them. D:

@zz: COGNITIVE DISSONANCE! Buzzphrase!! :O At least it keeps you from being hypocritical. No wonder you're so straightforward.

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:16 am

I hate using the phrase "cognitive dissonance," but I could never find a satisfactory alternative. It just seems like something people would say to sound smart without actually knowing what it means.

I have always wondered what is "wrong" with me. To be fair, I think whatever it is happens to be "right," and that people who can live with cognitive dissonace is somewhat crazy. It is just hard to seriously say everyone except you is nuts.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games