Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Please help; beginner who needs a LOT help deciding Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:02 pm
Deoridhe

This is a decent coverage of both in general. Keep in mind some people don't"ground". I, for example, tend to 'water" or 'air" more than "ground".

Actually, i've never heard of it like that...Is it essentially the same as spiking oneself?

I'd be afraid to Air Myself, God knows I'm scatter brained and Hyper enough as it......or does "Air"ing and "Water"ing have the same effect as grounding?

*Edit:*

after reading that article, wow..that's vaguely reminiscent of what I do but the mechanics are all different for me...

In particular the part about centering first.....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:50 am
Saint Of Demons

I knew more about ceremonial magic than I know about this magic.
Theres a difference? I though the "k" was added on to distinguish it from stage magic?
What are the styles to choose from? I honestly haven't got any clue....

The K was added by Crowley because the numerology was better. As a result, most folks around here use it to address Crowely's style of magic.

As for the difference between "stage magic" and other forms- context provides all the distinction needed.

Further- Illusion was often used in ancient Temples to produce spiritual experiences, so I personally find the removal of illusion from spiritual practices silly.

As for other kinds of magic- the quick way to figure out what form one wishes to practice would be to pick a culture or religion. Most of the forms of magic outside of CM tend to come from folk traditions.

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding words to explain....I guess that I would have to learn all the different (damn this is where I get stuck I don't know what to call them confused )
Perspectives?

We're talking about a style of magic that has roots in Jewish and Christian theology. And the Gnostic elements I suggested were there to provide another frame of reference. QBL and Gnostic mysticism in my eyes go together like whipped cream and strawberries.

Quote:

Ok so the ones you listed I simply need to read and get the information to stick inside my brain...
That's what I would do.

Quote:

The only way I know to refer to them (the only way I've herd them reffered to as) is "low magic". I don't want to feel so "specialized" if you will, I want to be able to do different kinds of magic instead of just summoning..
Heh. "Just Summoning".

Well- like what? What would you like to do?

Quote:

I wish I knew exactly what I was looking for confused but if I did know I wouldn't be here now would I?.
I'm here and I know what I am looking for. ninja

Quote:

Same reason as above I don't want to feel "limited" to one thing.
Perhaps one should learn all that it entails before searching for another tradition?

Quote:

I honestly don't know how...I guess the magic that doesn't envolve...errr I don't know lol the magic that isn't ceremonial sweatdrop . That didn't help did it....
What do you consider "ceremonial"?

Quote:
confused That was a bad assumption wasn't it sweatdrop .
Depends on how you answer the questions mentioned above.  

TeaDidikai

Saint Of Demons

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:52 am
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

I knew more about ceremonial magic than I know about this magic.
Theres a difference? I though the "k" was added on to distinguish it from stage magic?
What are the styles to choose from? I honestly haven't got any clue....

The K was added by Crowley because the numerology was better. As a result, most folks around here use it to address Crowely's style of magic.

As for the difference between "stage magic" and other forms- context provides all the distinction needed.

Further- Illusion was often used in ancient Temples to produce spiritual experiences, so I personally find the removal of illusion from spiritual practices silly.

As for other kinds of magic- the quick way to figure out what form one wishes to practice would be to pick a culture or religion. Most of the forms of magic outside of CM tend to come from folk traditions.

If I had to pick a culture I would be much more drawn to Scandinavian roots but really any European culture would do. If I've heard right not much of the Ancient Scandinavian practises survived through the settling of the Vikings. I'd even be interested in the stuff that went on down in Italy.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm having trouble finding words to explain....I guess that I would have to learn all the different (damn this is where I get stuck I don't know what to call them confused )
Perspectives?

We're talking about a style of magic that has roots in Jewish and Christian theology. And the Gnostic elements I suggested were there to provide another frame of reference. QBL and Gnostic mysticism in my eyes go together like whipped cream and strawberries.

That's the word I was looking for!!

I see....

Quote:
Quote:

Ok so the ones you listed I simply need to read and get the information to stick inside my brain...
That's what I would do.

Ok

Quote:
Quote:

The only way I know to refer to them (the only way I've herd them reffered to as) is "low magic". I don't want to feel so "specialized" if you will, I want to be able to do different kinds of magic instead of just summoning..
Heh. "Just Summoning".

Well- like what? What would you like to do?

All I've heard of really are protective spells...but surely there must be more than just protective spells?

Quote:
Quote:

I wish I knew exactly what I was looking for confused but if I did know I wouldn't be here now would I?.
I'm here and I know what I am looking for. ninja

Lucky sad

Quote:
Quote:

Same reason as above I don't want to feel "limited" to one thing.
Perhaps one should learn all that it entails before searching for another tradition?

Well what I was thinking is that while I read those books I would work on something else as well as I can't fill up ALL my free time with reading...I'd fry my brain confused

Quote:
Quote:

I honestly don't know how...I guess the magic that doesn't envolve...errr I don't know lol the magic that isn't ceremonial sweatdrop . That didn't help did it....
What do you consider "ceremonial"?

I guess the really elaborate stuff...but I'm gonna guess and say that other types of magic and not just ceremonial magic can be elaborate right?

Quote:
Quote:
confused That was a bad assumption wasn't it sweatdrop .
Depends on how you answer the questions mentioned above.
Now that I have....was it?

Oh and just a question on the 'summoning' topic.
Do thee demons/spirits have a habit of "sticking around" after their called?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:59 am
Quote:
Deoridhe
Saint Of Demons
2. http://www.witchscauldron.net/cauldron/center.htm

This is a decent coverage of both in general. Keep in mind some people don't"ground". I, for example, tend to 'water" or 'air" more than "ground".

How does that work?

Quote:
Saint Of Demons
3. http://www.witchscauldron.net/cauldron/shielding.htm

Again, decent on the basics. The note on mirror shields was an interesting one.
So a mirror shield is something you don't want to cast correct?

Saint Of Demons

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:30 am
Saint Of Demons

If I had to pick a culture I would be much more drawn to Scandinavian roots but really any European culture would do. If I've heard right not much of the Ancient Scandinavian practises survived through the settling of the Vikings.
Go read Deo's pathway thread.

Quote:
I'd even be interested in the stuff that went on down in Italy.
Okay- are you looking at Hellenic/Roman tradition or at Leland based Witchcult practices?

Quote:

All I've heard of really are protective spells...but surely there must be more than just protective spells?
So- you want to learn to do generic spell work?

Quote:

Lucky sad
That is up for debate.

Quote:

Well what I was thinking is that while I read those books I would work on something else as well as I can't fill up ALL my free time with reading...I'd fry my brain confused
Perhaps.

Myself, I think most of the interesting Mysticism comes when one frys ones brain.

Nothing quite like melting the path between Yesod and Malkuth.

Quote:

I guess the really elaborate stuff...but I'm gonna guess and say that other types of magic and not just ceremonial magic can be elaborate right?
You seem to be picking things up quickly.

Quote:
You answered your own question above.

Quote:
If you fail to banish them- they can.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:38 am
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

If I had to pick a culture I would be much more drawn to Scandinavian roots but really any European culture would do. If I've heard right not much of the Ancient Scandinavian practises survived through the settling of the Vikings.
Go read Deo's pathway thread.

Ok. Will do.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd even be interested in the stuff that went on down in Italy.
Okay- are you looking at Hellenic/Roman tradition or at Leland based Witchcult practices?

Err I'm not sure what either of them are...
What were the major pagan practises in Mediaeval times and even earlier?

Quote:
Quote:

So- you want to learn to do generic spell work?

Generic as in common?

Quote:
Quote:

Lucky sad
That is up for debate.

Haha

Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps.

Myself, I think most of the interesting Mysticism comes when one frys ones brain.

Nothing quite like melting the path between Yesod and Malkuth.

Persay I guess...depends on what it is...
Between who and who??

Quote:
Quote:

You seem to be picking things up quickly.

Thanks mrgreen

Quote:
Quote:
You answered your own question above.

Ok

Quote:
Quote:
If you fail to banish them- they can.
I see...*makes mental note to make sure to banish the spirit/demon when finished*

Saint Of Demons

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 am
Saint Of Demons

What were the major pagan practises in Mediaeval times

Transsubstantiatio amongst other things.

Quote:
and even earlier?
Again, depends on which part of the world.

Quote:

Generic as in common?

Generic as in relating to a whole group or class- ie, the LCD of practice.

Quote:

Between who and who??

Between the Kingdom and the Foundation.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:23 pm
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

What were the major pagan practises in Mediaeval times

Transsubstantiatio amongst other things.

I don't want to go back into anything Christian related...
Edit: I don't want to worship (best word I could think of) anything along the lines of Christianity...yea I know it limits.

Quote:
Quote:
and even earlier?
Again, depends on which part of the world.

Yea...
I checked out that thread by Deo...slightly confusing....

Quote:
Quote:

Generic as in common?

Generic as in relating to a whole group or class- ie, the LCD of practice.

I suppose so. Any sites that list the multible groups?

Quote:
Quote:

Between who and who??

Between the Kingdom and the Foundation.

I see...  

Saint Of Demons

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:29 pm
Saint Of Demons

I don't want to go back to anything Christian related...
(of course the exception of the 'summoning')
Good luck. It isn't like theology and culture live in a complete vacuum. Many sorts of magic are Christian related.

Like I said- skip CM all together and go read Kostantinos. Simple as that.

Forget everything Rook and I have spoken of. Go buy Kostantinos- he has maybe five books. You'll be content.

Quote:

I see...
No you don't. But that's okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:35 pm
Quote:
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons

I don't want to go back to anything Christian related...
(of course the exception of the 'summoning')
Good luck. It isn't like theology and culture live in a complete vacuum. Many sorts of magic are Christian related.

Like I said- skip CM all together and go read Kostantinos. Simple as that.

Forget everything Rook and I have spoken of. Go buy Kostantinos- he has maybe five books. You'll be content.

Quote:

I see...
No you don't. But that's okay.
What the hell pissed you off?

Saint Of Demons

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:48 pm
Saint Of Demons
What makes you think I'm "pissed off"?

Without a desire for Gnosis, you're likely to fry yourself on the texts Rook and I suggested- and what doesn't fry you will confuse you. This isn't Summoning Ba'al 101.

This is an intricate form of mysticism.

Further- a fair portion of generic magic is based on YHVH's mysticism. That which isn't- I have directed you to.

Kostantinos has some interesting books that seem to suit your style.
Have fun with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Saint Of Demons
What makes you think I'm "pissed off"?

Without a desire for Gnosis, you're likely to fry yourself on the texts Rook and I suggested- and what doesn't fry you will confuse you. This isn't Summoning Ba'al 101.

This is an intricate form of mysticism.

Further- a fair portion of generic magic is based on YHVH's mysticism. That which isn't- I have directed you to.

Kostantinos has some interesting books that seem to suit your style.
Have fun with it.

...Ok  

Saint Of Demons

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:22 pm
Rookherst[KOS]
Deoridhe

Actually, i've never heard of it like that...Is it essentially the same as spiking oneself?

I'd be afraid to Air Myself, God knows I'm scatter brained and Hyper enough as it......or does "Air"ing and "Water"ing have the same effect as grounding?

What's spiking?

For me, airing and watering have the same effect as grounding, plus an added "purifying" and "balancing" aspect which I find very pleasant. I'm the only person I've met who does this, though. Ground and I ...don't really get along.

Saint Of Demons

That IS part of the problem with summoning potentially hostile things, yes.

From what I've heard, an imperfect banish can be worse than no banish at all. And, of course, an imperfect summoning can, well...

Just be careful, for the gods' sakes.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:38 am
Deoridhe

From what I've heard, an imperfect banish can be worse than no banish at all. And, of course, an imperfect summoning can, well...

Just be careful, for the gods' sakes.

For someone who doesn't want to work with YHVH- I don't think he can be careful.  

TeaDidikai

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:02 am
Deoridhe

What's spiking?

Gathering a size-able amount of a particular energy and dumping it on someone else to watch them react to it in amusing ways.
Quote:

For me, airing and watering have the same effect as grounding, plus an added "purifying" and "balancing" aspect which I find very pleasant. I'm the only person I've met who does this, though. Ground and I ...don't really get along.

mmm....I mean I call the action "grounding" But very little Earth/Ground is actually involved in my processes. I kinda forgo the elements in this regards as a lesser modality and prefer to go strait for the "Good stuff"

I.e: Just pure concentrated Positive energy.

Which has the effect of Purifying, but certainly not balance. I'm damn near "high" after Grounding.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff