Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
"The Old Testament Doesn't Count!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does the Old Testament count?
  Yes
  No
  Only parts of it (Explain)
View Results

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:06 am
Lethkhar
I suppose I will, along with all the other innocent people...

Hell, I'd go to Hell by myself to save them all.

Now if only you could walk on water ...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:11 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

I'm not going to compare myself to Christ.  

Lethkhar

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:16 pm
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Too late.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:42 am
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Too late.

3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:15 pm
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Too late.

How so?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:19 am
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Too late.

How so?

I think it was pretty much unintentional, but you did, with the whole "I'd go to Hell myself to free all the innocent people" statement. And the fact that you think you could do a better job at being God than God does.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:45 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Too late.

How so?

I think it was pretty much unintentional, but you did, with the whole "I'd go to Hell myself to free all the innocent people" statement. And the fact that you think you could do a better job at being God than God does.

1. I wasn't comparing myself to Jesus. I was telling you what I would do if God was real.
2. People who keep quoting me on that keep missing that I myself was quoting a comedian.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:39 am
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

Too late.

How so?

1. I wasn't comparing myself to Jesus. I was telling you what I would do if God was real.
2. People who keep quoting me on that keep missing that I myself was quoting a comedian.

1. What's stopping you from doing it now, whether or not you think God is real?

2. If you haven't expressed otherwise, use of a quote implies that you agree with it and/or that it is true to you. In which case, I challenge you to do a better job than God.

Priestley

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:15 pm
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Priestley

Too late.

How so?

I already have.

God just hasn't answered my questions. sad

Quote:
2. If you haven't expressed otherwise, use of a quote implies that you agree with it and/or that it is true to you. In which case, I challenge you to do a better job than God.

Yes, I agree with the quote. I believe Rashind would provide complete and undeniable proof of his existence. I also believe that we should impeach God.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:37 am
Lethkhar
People who keep quoting me on that keep missing that I myself was quoting a comedian.

Ah, my bad. I totally forgot about that. I remembered it as soon as I read this though. I retract that then. sweatdrop  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Trix Starlight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:04 pm
"having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross." Collosians 2:14

"The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless" Hebrews 7:18  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:30 pm
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How so?

I already have.

You just haven't listened.

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I agree with the quote. I believe Rashind would provide complete and undeniable proof of his existence. I also believe that we should impeach God.

How can you impeach the creator of the universe?
Why do you want to impeach him if you don't believe he exists?  

GuardianAngel44

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:15 am
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How so?

I already have.

Knock on His door. If He doesn't want to get up to open it for you, keep knocking. Eventually He will get so fed up with the racket you're making that He'll open up. I believe this is what Jesus taught about the nature of God.

Lethkhar
Priestley

What's Rashind's proof of his own existence got to do with you going to Hell to free innocent people? If you couldn't do exactly what Jesus did, you wouldn't save anyone from Hell. Moreover, when did Jesus go to Hell to rescue innocent people? He didn't go to Hell and has never been. The salvation is in Jesus' life, crucifixion, death and resurrection, not in Jesus physically having gone to Hell and physically bringing everyone out. Where did you learn that?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:19 pm
I can't remember which of the two creeds says it but one of them claims that during the three days before Jesus rose from the dead He had actually descended into Hell to receive the keys to the gates of Hell. But I don't think He actually freed anyone from Hell that was already there.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:48 pm
Priestley
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly

I already have.

Knock on His door. If He doesn't want to get up to open it for you, keep knocking. Eventually He will get so fed up with the racket you're making that He'll open up. I believe this is what Jesus taught about the nature of God.

I'm here, aren't I? wink

Quote:
Lethkhar
Priestley

What's Rashind's proof of his own existence got to do with you going to Hell to free innocent people?

Absolutely nothing, as far as I can tell.

*Shrugs* I'm not the one who brought it up.

Quote:
If you couldn't do exactly what Jesus did, you wouldn't save anyone from Hell. Moreover, when did Jesus go to Hell to rescue innocent people? He didn't go to Hell and has never been. The salvation is in Jesus' life, crucifixion, death and resurrection, not in Jesus physically having gone to Hell and physically bringing everyone out. Where did you learn that?

Who on earth are you talking to? And what the ******** are you talking about? confused

All I said was that I'd gladly go to Hell to save everyone else from the same fate. Again: I am not comparing myself to Jesus. You people are the ones that did that. And I never said Jesus actually took people out of Hell. That would be totally irrelevant.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff