13,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:09 am
but at the rate we're all going i bet it will be a crime soon xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:20 pm
darkdark7
i actually got into an argument with my 11-year-old cousin about whether or not Naruto was a kids anime...and my sis thinks im an "anime nerd"...

and i have many of these so-called "hobbies" that are a big part of my life, mainly hockey, anime/manga, and writing...they dont affect my social life or how i act in society...

My 10-year-old sister said the same thing but once i tried to show her a show and she couldn't read the subs fast enough so she says she hates it and she also says I'm an "anime freak"

but like the only time I watch anime is at home its not like anime affects any part of my life I still get good grades and stuff and its really not a crime if thats what anybody is thinking maybe some people do go over board sometimes but its not gonna hurt them The only crime is thinking anime is a crime xd  

Placeboraw

IvyStarling

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:49 am
Are you kidding me? Liking anime is just part of who you are and what you like. There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking anime...unless you happen to be very obsessed with it that you ignore all else, or if you're stuck up about it... but I doubt that any of us are here, so we're all good biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:00 pm
inufan2005
Chaos. Panic. Love.
Ok, so so far in the forums people have been trashing people who like anime, saying that they're losers, and telling them to get a life.
Im thinking "wtf? you're the ones who need to get a life!"
seriously guys, what the heck is wrong with those people?
We dont go around bashing stuff they like.
Oh well, still, does anyone think liking anime is a crime? (or makes you a loser?)

If liking anime is a crime then I'm on the run from the law, cause I'd rather not be legal. mrgreen Besides those morons are posting that on an anime based fansite neutral
yea me too  

Lord Deathnotefan666

Master cade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 pm
thats just stupid the people who said that are just retarted and wont take the time to understand anime. evil that just makes me so angry and nobody likes it whem Im angry..... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:14 pm
A big reason that this must even be a question is because of what the american dubbing studios have done to anime. They take perfectly good series written for the mid-teen age group and retool it for eight-year-olds. The most obvious example is One Piece. Anyone who has seen both the japanese and american versions would understand.

Mainstream american culture sees cartoons as childish. Naturally, in japan, animation is made for all ages, and non-fans only understand the mainstream viewpoint.

The companies respond to the "evident" trend, and make the animes suitable for a younger audience, which makes the mainstream see them as cartoons. It is a vicious cycle.  

directvantage45

Dino_Digger27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am
Anime is by far one of the most popular hobbies and there just so much fun to watch and wonder what the Japanese will come out w/ next. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 pm
NOO way!!  

-Mrs OREOZ

zeithalter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:13 pm
I don't see any logical reason why liking anime could ever a crime. It may one day become looked down upon, but i don't think it can become a crime.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff