Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

xThe Bloodyx

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:43 pm
Dear me. IT's been years since I even considered reading something that had het as the focus and I have never done such a thing when it came to my beloved HP fanfiction. Of course, in canon it's all fine and dandy, but fics are for my personal amusement and I shouldn't have to deal with such things there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:48 pm
I think it's absolutely hilarious that het is a warning on somesites (like walking the plank) but I do get a bit squiked by het....  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200

Josette27

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:17 am
I get some reactions like that, like I was reading a Snape/Harry story and there was Draco/Ginny on the side and I was like, "Oh Gross!"

And sometimes I'll be reading Draco/Harry and Ginny will be there and she'll steal Draco's smirk or something and be all 'Haha, I'm better than you' and I'm like that b*&%$. ^_^

And then I'm odd like woah cause I have a Snape/OC story with Draco/Ginny on the side. How freakin weird is that? I think I've read to many stories with Ginny bashing and I'm going to need to change that pairing to something else. Probaly Draco/OC...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:40 pm
External Penetration
So I was looking through this page full of HP slash stories and that's fine and dandy.

My reaction to one of the fics warnings was a little...off.

So it was some post-war fic and in the warning it was like "slash, rape, beastiality (or however you spell that), incest, violence, ..." and it just kept going on with a few other things and I was just like "Meh, whatever."

Then in one of the final warnings said "het."
My reaction was this "*disgusted noise* gonk "

Now that's kinda making me wonder just how strong of a grip slash actually has on me.
(Especially when they try to throw a girl at one of my boys. talk2hand )

Anyone else had moments like this?

Not that I'm too worried because slash is so worth it...

You're not the only one who can pretty much read anything except het. Especially when they try throwing a girl at Harry, Sirius, or Severus!  

CuppaT

saifai

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:05 pm
When it comes down to it, I can be thrown completely off track by coming across unannounced het in a fic. I need to be warned first.

That's not to say that I won't read it, I just prefer to be prepared first. I don't mind reading it if there's a distinct lack of smut. I really don't want details. Not that it would stop me from reading the fic if it's there, but I do have a tendency to skip over those parts if they're there. They kinda squick me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:33 am
I actually have never done that O_o Which makes me feel like the weird one amongst you all. I'm totally cool with lots of things.
Though I don't think I could ever read a tentacle rape story...  

Lunar_Blade

Shinju Umiko

Rainbow Reveler

17,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:12 am
That is my general reaction to het slash, no matter what. It's just that I read slash for the m/m thing, because well, I like it, and I don't want a girl in the mix. However, if the plot line sort of has a sexual dilemma type thing, then I can accept it, to a very certain extent. If it crosses that limit and becomes "too much", then I most likely won't finish reading it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:14 pm
I do pretty much the same thing. I try not to read a story if it has het as a main pairing. I dont mind if it's a side pairing, but only if there is no more than a paragraph or two spent discussing their relationship.

(Hm. It's strange to think about, but I just realized that I'm only posting this to post. My opinion has been expressed countless times by now, so what use is it for me to post how I feel? I mean... it's not like I'm even posting to talk to someone. I'm posting to add my opinion to that of the masses. What does this say about me, I wonder..?)  

Wrath Phoenix

Tabatha_Twitchet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:14 am
I like some het, but the only problem with that is the Mary-sues. *Shudder* it's becoming harder and harder to find a het fic where the characters aren't transformed into Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus. Or worse, homemade Mary-Sues! *Headdesk* There just seems to be a lot less of that in the slash fandom. But then you get into stuff like rape ans bestiality. *Twitches* This coming from a fan of twincest and mPreg.
Oh, and crack pairings that aren't meant to be crack pairings scare me....ugh...snarry....*whimper*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:13 pm
It's basically the same exact thing for me.

I really hate it when there is a het. couple in my fiction. I don't mind if it's a background couple, but if it is the main pairing, I usually just skip over that part.

And when an author has the whole threesome between two males and a girl, I just about gag. Becuase it takes away from the whole thing.

Slash is an addiction. It really is. A first I thought that the whole male/male pairing thing was really HOT, but now I think it just fits, you know? (Mind you, it is still hot.)

queerduck

~FrozenBlack-Rose~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:25 am
it's completely addicting.
i've done that so many times before. i normally don't read fanfic if it has het pairings ^^;

but it normally gets me when i'm looking through fanart. like, about an hour ago, i was looking at this really amazing picture with naruto and his mommy and daddy. so i went to look at her page to see is she had drawn anything else worthwhile to fave and i saw a bunch of narusaku pictures. i almost died o-o
i had to leave her deviantart page ^^;;

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:01 pm
See I'm okay with everything else het...sometimes. See, like I can read the book and be like "Alright w/e Harry goes with so and so and Draco marries me that's standable"

but whenever I READ it, it has to be slash. The only het I accept is when it's a brotherly fic (which can be equally as adorable like "A Year like no Other") or if it's SOOO AU that it's not even the story anymore.

Even with House MD or Pirates of the Caribbean. It really is sad >.>;  

Orgazmic Coffdrop

Dapper Conversationalist

inmypod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:38 pm
External Penetration

Then in one of the final warnings said "het."
My reaction was this "*disgusted noise* gonk "

xd : I have the exact same reaction when I'm reading the list of warnings, but I really don't mind het fanfics. I have a limit on how much het there should be when I'm reading a fanfic. I've tried reading a few het fanfics but I've found them kinda...boring neutral I'm at the point where only smut-filled slash can calm my desires. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Yaoi_cutie
::Nice xD
Yeah, that's happened to me.
I'd be skimming through all these fics going 'Bibleslash, twincest, rape, Mpreg(ew), character death, beastality, het-OH NASTY!'
Yeah...my friends are worried about my sanity. I'm worried about what I'll do if I find a database of pretty Harry/Draco or Remus/Sirius. I may never leave my room again.
You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

Wow... It's like looking into a mirror when I read that.  

strangling rosemary

Astral Gatekeeper

Haydn Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:09 pm
HET?!?!? what nonsense. I mean, I'm a girl and I have a boyfriend, but I'd never *read* it! crazy little people...

But seriously... theres really only a few het stories I like... I tend to avoid them like the plague  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff