Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Did u know Gothic is a Religion not a look?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xShe Dreams Fiction

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:55 am
goth is most defiantly NOT a religion, and I find it funny that people think it is rofl  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:15 pm
OverlordMMM
DR490N
verrycherryblood
yes it is and i am proud for it to be my religion

you're an idiot. a religion needs a god or gods, as well as a cult built around it. goth is an aesthetic, a mindset, and an artful musical genre, not a religion.
.....umm....thats not true...there are religions without deities whatsoever.......but anyway.....

welcometomyhell
Isobel Bellamy
ketchakik
Dead Ed
but starting a new religion is hard.

you have NO idea

Hey, if a science fiction writer can make something up and have it followed by thousands of people beliving it to be true, anyone can xd

scientology btw people

Not to mention endorsed by certain crazy-a** celebrities.
.......or one that a famous producer made.....

....and hey....did you know that there are more Jedi than Jewish in England?.....

....click here to understand the madness of my words......

Ah yes I remember hearing about that. Now I'm about to go star wars geek on everyone just to warn you. It amuses me that all these couples are getting into the "jedi religion" together when if you actually read and pay attention to the jedi code, they pretty much forbid relationships. sorry random I know but I always mention that when I hear about that. moment of geekattude over...i think xp  

Lady Detarra

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:28 am
Lady Detarra

Ah yes I remember hearing about that. Now I'm about to go star wars geek on everyone just to warn you. It amuses me that all these couples are getting into the "jedi religion" together when if you actually read and pay attention to the jedi code, they pretty much forbid relationships. sorry random I know but I always mention that when I hear about that. moment of geekattude over...i think xp

Pff, only before the new Jedi order. Once Luke assumed control, they stopped being so harsh on relationships in order to prevent another "Aniken/Padme" incident. They figured it was better to have people feel a little bit of emotion and remain stable, than to have people feel nothing and kill of the whole order.
... Though it makes you wonder if it'll lead back to a situation like that between Duron Qel-Droma and Shaela Nuur of the first KOTOR game.
(Who's the geek now? smile )  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:24 am
verrycherryblood
im serious

Apart from the aesthetic "goth culture" of modern day, yes goth stretches back for hundreds of years, it was the goths (as in a barbarian german tribe) who sacked rome, and it was Goth as in a small pre 1870 German state, goth has never been a religion.  

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:06 am
I really don't care if it is a religion or not all I know is goth is a comfort for me..., and a passion I have exclaim  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:04 am
wow..you guys have some good arguements  

Willie-John[Abomination]

-VelvetDreamz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:09 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Are my mody senses tingling at the scent of a troll with a strange sense of humour? Or is this one very misguided person that should be directed to Bauhaus.

Hm historical instances of Goth:

Germanic goths, which went back thousands of years, yes. they were pagans, until their Christian conversion. (No bull about them "sacking Rome" that was propaganda thrown around centuries afterwards, there's no archeological evidence whatsoever in ancient roman ruins of that time of the mass burnings 'reported' the Goths just protested quietly, got ignored, left and went about their quietly peaceful christain lives. *rant off*)

Gothic architecture:
as mentioned above, very pretty, very ornate, very over the top, both Gothic and Gothic Revival. A style of prettifying buildings, no religion (except with Chratianity and its Gothic style churches)

Goth music:
Read Dead Ed's comment. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually tried to start it some day xd
the barok and roccoco is even more over the top as a atempt from the curch to get his power back by using way to much gold and stuff  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:35 pm
whenever im having a bad day all i have to do it open this thread and laugh XD  

xX x0mbie Xx

Peaches of Sodom

Quotable Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 pm
I suspect it was a troll. Note her disappearance.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:06 pm
Just because no one has done it...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

GilAskan
Crew

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:46 pm
DieiNoctis
Lady Detarra

Pff, only before the new Jedi order. Once Luke assumed control, they stopped being so harsh on relationships in order to prevent another "Aniken/Padme" incident. They figured it was better to have people feel a little bit of emotion and remain stable, than to have people feel nothing and kill of the whole order.
... Though it makes you wonder if it'll lead back to a situation like that between Duron Qel-Droma and Shaela Nuur of the first KOTOR game.
(Who's the geek now? smile )

crying I'm so proud! xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:55 am
Lady Detarra
OverlordMMM

.......or one that a famous producer made.....

....and hey....did you know that there are more Jedi than Jewish in England?.....

....click here to understand the madness of my words......

That was more of a piss take of the census, the people didn't actually follow Jedi, just put it on an official form because they could. *proud census Jedi*

Though, there are the few 'genuine' ones...  

megalomaniac-freak

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:14 am
lurichan
verrycherryblood
you know watevr u guys just havent diged hard enogh i know its a religion so yea

If you can back up that rather bold statement with some shread of evidence or proof, even so much as citing a source for such information you might find more people willing to lend an ear to your words, but so far you've provided nothing to support your claim.

Or you could try typing things correctly. I hear it gets people more respect in other places, and it usually works here, too. neutral  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:26 am
o.O Y u k i O.o
ROFL.

effing n00b.

MediaclCunt

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:09 am
I'm going to attempt locking this again giving a petter reason why, though I'd think it's obvious.

The responses have been made, everything else is just/has been a repeat.
The thread's mostly people laughing at/spamming/boarderline flamming the first poster.
It's going nowhere and the orginal poster has dissappeared/failed to provide any proof to support the claim.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff