Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
I like rocks! Give me rocks! (Band Suggestion Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is your favorite?
  Crimson
  Onyx
  Red
  Black
View Results

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:52 am
!!!
So we're clear, I'm not really excited about something. That's the band's name.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:38 am
cant believe that no one posted theese guy:

SCARLET's remains  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:44 am
doom1000
cant believe that no one posted theese guy:

SCARLET's remains

they just recently broke up. cry  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:17 am
Alien Sex Fiend.
That's all I have to say.  

En Nomine Patris

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:57 am
An amazing man named Tom Lehrer, he sings and plays songs with a very dry sense of humour. A few come to mind "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park" "The Masochism Tango" and "Oedipus Rex"
He is definitely worth a listen, not only a musician but a very educated man too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:50 pm
Lately I've really been getting into Subway to Sally and Melotron. heart  

DreamerSpirit

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 pm
I haven't seen any mention of The Mars Volta or Apocalyptica yet. I guess we're not big on avante-garde. Have The Misfits and The Smiths been mentioned? Oh, and The Deftones. And Estradasphere.
And I just came across these two bands that I think sound good: Vulture Industries and Winds.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:35 pm
Also... Diary Of Dreams

Kostbarer Alptraum

meebo.laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:31 am
been hooked on the Cruxshadows and Lycia lately heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:28 am
Evangelista
Lords of Acid
Peaches
.45 Grave (I can't get "Riboflavin Flavored" out of my head. XD)
Sopor Aeternus
Rudimentary Peni
Frank the Baptist
Shadow Project
Sawdust In Me
Mind Altering Substance
Razorblade Twins
Digiwaste
Schwarz Stein
Velvet Eden  

MediaclCunt

Eternal Night 27

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:57 pm
Flyleaf
Linkin Park
Breaking Benjamin
Flyleaf
Bullet for my Valentine
Oomph!
Three Days Grace
Disturbed
Evanescence
Atreyu
Ramstein  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:17 pm
Rellik San
IY_and_MCR
*Rattles off random band names*

Pearl Jam
Queen Adreena
Rasputina
The Doors
Collide
Peaches
Tegan and Sara
Poe
Stevie Nix
Faith and the Muse
Cake
Can
Dead Can Dance
Orgy
Adam Ant
Oingo Boingo
Velvet Acid Christ
Love and Rockets
The Smashing Pumpkins
Robots in Disguise
The Smiths
Oger
Einsturzende Neubauten
The Cranberries

I don't have a big list of unknown bands, but that's a list if you don't have those already

EDIT: Also:
PJ Harvey
Jefferson Airplane
Fisherspooner
Fiona Apple
Cinema Strange
Massive Attack
ZZ Top
Modest Mouse
Bjork
Scissor Sisters
Lacrimosa

HOLY CRAPOLA! I thought I was the only one who had heard of, let alone liked Poe. blaugh

Jefferson Starship, Hawkwind, Warrant, Peter Gabriel and Lit are also some other reccomendations of mine. smile

I love POE... listened to her a lot in high school... haven't listened to much in like... 5-ish years other than a song here or there though >_>  

smashingpandora

smashingpandora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:20 pm
Rellik Chan
IY_and_MCR
Rellik San
IY_and_MCR
Poe

HOLY CRAPOLA! I thought I was the only one who had heard of, let alone liked Poe. blaugh

Jefferson Starship, Hawkwind, Warrant, Peter Gabriel and Lit are also some other reccomendations of mine. smile

I was starting to get the same impression myself XD
Always nice to meet fellow fans of something :3

I won't say I'm a huge fan, as I've only heard the Haunted album, but I loved every minute of it, if I recall isn't she meant to be the daughter of the guy who wrote House of Leaves? because thats the book the albums based off. smile

Not her father, her brother... here's an excerpt from Wiki if you're interested ^_^

House of Leaves was accompanied by a companion piece (or vice versa), a full length album called Haunted recorded by Danielewski's sister, Ann Danielewski, known as Poe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:07 pm
Due to a lack of... motivation to make a huge list, I'm referencing one of my best friend's music lists on his website... if you're interested, check it out ^_^

Alijha.com

Anyway, I haven't seen enough people reference (what I, personally define as...) good music... then again, I only read the first 1.5pages 'cause I got tired of looking at lists, so forgive me if any of these are repeats!!!!!!

I'll put these in alphabetical order just to help you out heart

BOLD items = EBM/Industrial
ITALICIZED items = Goth
Items that are neither... I'm just not going to do anything to... uhh...
I, personally, don't like to be the type of person to "label" music genres due to the... vagueness of musical interpretation. So if anyone objects to the things I've posted STFU... I've been listening to this music for YEARS... my opinions are exactly that my opinions ^_^
I don't like to be a music Nazi when it comes to labeling genres, and I don't feel like having some random elitist get pissed off because I consider something more or less industrial than something else biggrin

Accessory - more EBM

Alien Sex Fiend

And One - more EBM

Aphex Twin

Apoptygma Berzerk - MUCH MORE EBM... Welcome to Earth is their most popular album, though my *personal* favorite is The Apopcalyptic Manifesto

Assemblage 23 - more EBM ... Failure's a WONDERFUL album heart

b!machine - synthpoppy

BAUHAUS -- derr... who hasn't already listed them? ^_^

Beborn Beton - EBM -Tales from Another World = wonderful 2disc set

Bella Morte - Where Shadows Lie = great album... I'm not really into their more recent sounds, as they've wandered a bit too far into the punk sound for MY personal preferences... I really liked their goth sounds back in the day though... they are great guys, and I loved to go see them ^_^

BiGod20 -- I haven't heard anything beyond "Like a Prayer"... but... if you haven't heard this cover, you should it's a must! xD I think they might be considered one of those "one-hit wonders" of the goth music world

Black Tape for a Blue Girl -- I LOVE BTFABG... they use a lot of traditional classical sounds (piano, violin, and other traditional instruments)... most of their songs are themed around love, lust, and sex

cEvin Key - industrial... mastermind... heart

CHEMLAB - INDUSTRIAL... LOVE CHEMLAB... OMG! heart

Clan of Xymox -- beautiful sounds ^_^

Covenant - more EBM

The Cruxshadows -- used to be goth band, who have adopted a LOT of EBM sound qualities... Telemetry of a Fallen Angel is *MY* favorite album, though most newer fans are more into their newer more... (for lack of better wording) poppy sounds... I still love them, but I definitely miss the old cXs sad heart heart

The Cure - 80s goth pop... heart Robert Smith, oh how I adore thee! heart I'm so glad I finally got to see them xd

Das Ich

De/Vision - "Dinner Without Grace" is a wonder:full track!

Dead Can Dance - hard to define what these guys are... but... my girlfriend and Wikipedia agree on classifying them as world music. biggrin

Delirium - FANTASTIC new age... Bill Leeb of Frontline Assembly's side project!

Depeche Mode - 80s/90s pop... but who the hell doesn't love depressed mode (referencing my girlfriend's father xd I thought it was hilarious... so I couldn't resist!)

Die Form

Okay, I'm getting tired of writing this...

I'll finish blathering on about music tomorrow or something... I gots some other things to complete whilst online

heart

Good luck finding fantastical sounds to hear!

xx

/pam

smashingpandora

This Old Oscillator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:16 pm
Bigod 20 wasn't a one hit wonder.
This song was pretty big too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjTO0231nM0  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff