Reply The Music Artists Guild
Any one here sing in School Choirs? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xHajixbloodplus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:46 am
I'm in our choir for 3 years, going 4...
The choir's name have been changed... The first one was Voces Servient (Pronounced as: Voches Zervyent) Choir.
It later changed into the name Juan Voice Chorale (Juan is a Filipino name. Yes, I'm a Filipino xd xd The English name of Juan is John, which is the name of our Patron Saint, Saint John Bosco)

As for my voice, I can practically do almost any range in the male voice, except Tenor 1 (In our choir, there are 4 classifications of voices, namely, Tenor 1 *the highest*, Tenor 2 *A little low than 1*, Baritone *AKA The Melody* And Bass *the"foundation" of the voice*). I can do Tenor 2, Baritone and Bass.... XD And I love my choir!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:32 pm
I'm in my school chorus and I love every moment of it. Why on Earth do you feel silly confused  

SwimerD

Spainstateofmind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 am
SwimerD
I'm in my school chorus and I love every moment of it. Why on Earth do you feel silly confused

OMG break-dancing cat! whee

I'm in my school choir and have been for two years. This year I'll be soprano section-leader, whereas last year I was mezzo-soprano section leader. Each December we do a medieval choir show called the Madrigal Banquet. Do any of the choirs that you guys are in have something like this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:05 am
sadly no i wanted 2 crying but i auditiond this year rofl  

mr_phresh_singer

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

c r i d e c o e u r

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:56 pm
This coming school year (in which I'll be a junior) I'll be in one of the best choirs in the States.

I auditioned, and after singing just one line of The Star Spangled Banner, I made it.

You can't possibly understand how excited I am about this!
whee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 pm
I was supposed to be on the choir at our school  

oOomarielleoOo

ahliahjorocks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:08 am
i've been in choirs for 8 years now and am now in college choirs. it was my gateway to all other forms of music.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:44 am
I am in chior. But the thing is thisyear its gonna suck. We are combining all grades and experiences, which means i will have to learn everything over...AGAIN. So, i might not be in it :/  

Neon Ponii

Helena Rose-Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:28 am
I do. I sang in my school choirs 6th-11th grade and now i'm in the senior choir. :]  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:11 am
I'm in a school choir/chorus now.
I have been in it for... I'd say about 4 or so years~

I was placed in Alto for 3 of the 4 years, but last year the music teacher [I've had several... xd ] placed me in Soprano One, the highest soprano given in my school. I thought to myself: "Holy s**t! confused ", but it turned out perfectly fine.

You can just say my voice has a few octave ranges, I guess. whee  

xG h o s t O f R o x y

Oh My Moose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 am
I'm in a choir for the first time since 6th grade and it's a great experience! We're singing a Swahili song, which is so cool! The choir teacher put me in the sopranos, and I didn't think I'd be able to hit the higher notes, but so far so good!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:38 pm
I'm in my school's choir. I'm in the sopranos since my music teacher saw I can sing in any notes (and the fact that there were only like five sopranos at the time, and the rest of the class were Alto. I don't really mind.) My choir group sounded like angels a couple of times in the past two months of school... The rest were alright. ^^ Even though my throat hurts after I go to choir. wahmbulance emo smile I'm proud to be in choir. I have a wonderful, beautiful singing voice according to the people who actually like to hear me sing. My throat hurts right now. sad And choir practice is on Thursdays for me... My choir class is already practicing for the Christmas show my school is putting on. eek  

Julienne Dreams

Beloved Sweetheart

24,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

musiknerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 am
I go to THE place for choir, Westminster CHOIR COLLEGE. Everyone is in choir, regardless of major (everyone sings, plays piano, or plays organ). I am just in the freshman choir, but there are auditioned choirs that tour the country and record. Let me just say this school has the most kick*** voice faculty.

Btw the female voice is designed to develop to hit at least a high C well (C6). If with training you can't hit or think you will be able to sing that high (and you're towards the end of high school/college age) there's something wrong. I learned this from an SLP (speech pathologist).

Voice classification in choir should be based on COLOR. I sing alto 2 in choir (although my voice teacher wants me to sing at least alto 1) because my voice has a dark color. I can usually warm up to above C6 (but after a high Bb/B my voice is not as centered).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:16 pm
I am an alto in our school choir and I am really proud of it. xd
You know, a choir will not be good without very good altos, so altos out there, hold your head up and sing for your choir. biggrin

dappledreign

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

SunniEGertz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:43 pm
I currently sing in Arvada High school's chorale. I sing Soprano 1 to Alto 1. I sound like a dying vacuum if I try to go lower. XD There are probably a good fifteen fellow sopranos but only about six of us can really nail the notes. We have about twenty altos and all of them rock. Our bass section has this one kid who goes so low he sounds demonic and another who could hold the bass section by himself if we let him. Our tenors are amazing. A shame that all of our good singers are seniors. We're so S.O.L next year! XD  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff