Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Can the Church "Save" You From the Wickedness of Being Gay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:26 pm
...I'll just be over here pretending I can make a difference in the world.

...*sob*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:55 pm
Actually, my Unitarian Universalist church totally supports gay marriage and all that. We've been protesting having it against the law and everything. Hell, the church itself is in the gayest part of the county! My church is COOL! razz  

miss white mage

Ceveo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:03 pm
The Catholic Church I belong to couldn't bring me to what I used to be. I am a very malleable person, but that doesn't mean I'm easily manipulated by anyone, just me. I like who I am sexually, and I would like to remain so. At the same time I really wish God could come down and give me a nice heart to heart about what I can do for the Church as a good pansexual Catholic. An unfortunate thing though is I don't know. Instead I just donate, and pray, and whatever, but I am still just a little confused about how the afterlife might be due to my lack of regret, and I will not regret.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:11 pm
While I am straight, I do have friends who are bisexual and gay. I believe that it is absolutely wrong for churchs to reject homosexuals from getting married. I also know that a Bishop named John Shelby Spong wrote a book called Living in Sin? It is a fairly decent book. It go into the topics of homosexuality having to do with genetics and what the bible says on homosexuality, though not all of the book is about homosexuality. That is if anyone is interested. I had to read some chapters for a religion class, though I'm not to big on the religion topic. To me, it's your life, do with it as you wish. There is nothing wrong with being gay. And I think that anyone who says otherwises should get their heads out of their asses!  

KagesSanzo

Occasional_Angel

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:55 pm
I think that God would be accepting either way you go. My parents are hardcore Catholic, and I think that if I told my mom I was bi, I'd be, like, dead right now. confused

But in any event, I think that your evangelical "friend" should shut up and stop being such a flipping hypocrite. I hope he gets the memo soon, for your sake and that if he doesn't (kindly) drop him like a sack of potatoes.

Psycologists have seen it's something genetic that makes you homosexual and NOT just you. It really can't be cured.

Any who, good luck. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm
"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

*snort* M-my friend goes to a Lutheran christian school, and I swea to god it's a homo factory.
Every morning they have church assembly (yes they have a church on campus) and sometimes they have people who come in and have speeches etc.
Last time were these two guys from a church in a different suburb (a church I would love to attend)
and their thing was
APPROPRIATE MANLOVE
I am not kidding here. That's what THEY called it. APPROPRIATE MANLOVE.
And the speaker brought his younger brother up on the stage and they were like "this is appropriate manlove." and then they hugged, and invited everyone to their church xD
Just thought I'd share that.
- Oscar Wilde.

User_2629207

SyriMoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
I'm Catholic, and we get a lot of crap for being the devils of the Christian world, if that makes sense. But actually, while the Church doesn't accept homosexuality, we have a different apporach to it. The majority f us believe you are born that way, and that feeliing an attraction to someone of the same sex is not a sin. In fact, the main reason it's considered a sin is that the Catholic church does not recognize homosexual marriage, and ANY kinda of premarital sex is a mortal sin in the Catholic Church.

Obviously, I'm very acccepting; and so is most of my family! Hell, my 72 year old grandma's all fine and dandy with gays, as long as she doesn't see them getting all lovey-dovey.

My BFF's grandma, on the other hand, is Bible-Thumping Protestant, and believe gays are just acting that way for attention and will burn in hell. Course, she also thinks I'M going to hell for being Catholic, and my friend is going to hell for readin his Dark Materials. rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 pm
I myself is Christian but honestly the way i was taught is that. Yes God can save you from being Gay but he doesn't hate homosexuals. I was taught to love everyone and not to hate them. That the only thing you can do is randomly discuss God's words with them. Were not allow to force but a lot of people misunderstand that. They also misunderstand the story of the two cities being destoroyed by God because of homosexuals.

The two cities themselves were filled with so much sin that god was left with no choice one of the reasons(here comes the misconception) a gang tried to rape two angels(which were two men). And the gang raped men every day of there lives.

So thats out of the way on misunderstandings sorry for ranting on a God story. :]. But your friend should come to that thought of misunderstanding.  

The Invisable Spaz

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

Neoz Shin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:40 pm
Srry if this is off topic but plz i'm not Bi cuz i'm greedy.
Second, yer friend reminds me of my dad he basically tried to have me fixed. All that did was annoy my then boyfriend. My moms a different case like yours she accepts me but says she doesn't agree with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:34 am
I already posted in this thread earlier, but I find it funny that said friend's name is Alejandro.

Okay... So yeah. Catholics are supposed to believe that gay is a sin. But we're also supposed to not have sex until marriage, blah blah blah. So... yeah. I mean, in the time that the bible was written, polyster (mixed fibers) were sin, boys were stoned in the streets, and women traded as slaves.

People just happen to look over those little gems, but OH NO, gayness is just TERRIBLE. Oh god. I'm gonna start having a fit if I don't get out of this topic soon. eek Nothing can save you from something that doesn't need saving from.  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Itsumo_Dreamer

Dangerous Lover

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 pm
o_o the bible states that being gay is a sin? Where? I just started reading the bible...up to moses right now...can't wait for the prophecy chapters. Heard they were pretty good.. Hm, don't really like Jehovah because he sounds like an a*****e -_-' [example is that he kept hardening the pharaoh's heart just so he could make believers out of people, and then killed all of egypt's first born son's because he hardened the pharaoh's heart [what a douche] so moses could make these prophecy's real, and have believers and "save his people" - Jehovah [aka "God"] didn't have to kill all those people, but just because he wants believers he does kill and torture them all...-I'm not wrong, it's the non-objective way I read...]

Drat, so back on topic...
Being Gay is part genetics, you can't help it if you are born that way. You can't be "saved" from it, you are who you are and what you are - the way god made you.
But, as my mother states to me, being GBLT is something in trend right now so for those "brainwashed" individuals, yes they can be "saved" since they aren't really GBLT to begin with. But then they shouldn't have been so weak minded to follow such a silly trend.

My friends and I discussed how during the stages of growing up [around teens] it's all just experimentation, cause we are all confused. [The "trend" my mother told me about]

My friend found out she was definitely straight after having xxx with another female, she found it repulsive.... She's fine with making out, but not fine in taking it to a bed. [haha]

And if you do go to "God" and try to "get saved"...and you really are GBLT...then well...that just sucks when you get married have children and find out you don't love your wife you love another guy and you'd have to deal with that problem...

-Being able to have sex with said whatever person still doesn't mean anything. It's who you love that counts. [sex and making love is two different things. (if you didn't already know)]

Am I making any sense? Sorry if I am not, I just woke up from bed. redface
But seriously:
-Where does the bible talk about gays?
-Cannot be "saved" if god made you that way. [i.e. you were born that way] There's nothing to need saving from, but go on be christian [doesn't make a difference to God since he made you who you are.[maybe he'd be happier knowing your happy? or not..he did kill a lot of innocent people...just to make believers...but who am i to talk I only read two "books" of the bible]]
-You can't help who you end up loving, so why fight it? It only hurts more. [be it female or male. love is still a great thing...(so I've been told over and over again)] And if you find love...why the hell would you throw it away because other people frown upon it?!!?! [Romeo and Juliet anyone!?!? (bad example but still)]  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff