Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Hair Color Discussion] - Did you Notice? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

celerystickk

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:52 am
It's more stereotypical manga's. <333 Personally I think Draco is a much better seme than Harry even though he has light hair. Cause' he's evil. twisted  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:22 am
That is like the opposite with me, I see the Semes having light hair, and the Ukes with the Dark hair, that and I also noticed that if they are blond they like to point out that they have blond pubes... wink  

Saku The New Moon

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:24 am
Gunter von Christ
That is like the opposite with me, I see the Semes having light hair, and the Ukes with the Dark hair, that and I also noticed that if they are blond they like to point out that they have blond pubes... wink

TMI! talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:56 pm
humnn.. yeah ur right... not all of course.. but they tend to have someone who has light hair and then the other darker hair... weather its blond or just a lighter brown... most have light/Dark color hair...  

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

[Romiette]

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:43 pm
Light hair gives a feeling of innocence and vulnerability while dark hair is more mature, experienced, and bad a**. Most of the time.

Beware ye of light hair and watch your a**.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:39 am
yeah i noticed the light hair - uke, dark hair - seme but thats not always the case Gravitation is a good example and there are others that i just can't remember at the moment though sweatdrop  

protecterofelements

kina blaze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:33 am
JanetWeiss
You just listed like, all my fav books.

Yeah. I thought it was a rule.

me too  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:25 pm
well a majority of the mangas i read has are like that. 3nodding i thought they were all like that  

Kitty Pimp

Fayt_Liongod=^^=

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:13 pm
Wow! That is right! i must not be very observent! O_O come to think of it my manga i am drawing is like that! O_O WOW!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:05 pm
yeah i ahve noticed that in a magority of manga's and anime but their are those yes like Gravitation where they both have light hair in the anime but in the manga its reversed  

protecterofelements

Miami 1989

Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:40 pm
It's common yes, but i've read yaoi/shonen - ai where the uke is dark haired. Our Kingdom is a good example! Rei has light blue hair while Akira has dark brown hair. In Gravitation they're both light haired, (techincally) so it's not always Seme = Dark and Uke = Light. I wish though that they'd stop making the uke look like a stupid 14 year old clumsy giggly girl that's actually a guy...as much. XD Although I can't stand the yaoi/shonen - ai where it's 2 huge muscle men as big as houses, or Sumo wrestlers that...uhg! That's just creepy...O_o  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 am
You're right. But it's not all the time, like you say. Let's see, examples...

- FAKE
- KKM. (Wolfram is sooo the uke!!!)

If we go non-canon...

- FMA (RoyEd, which is huge.)
- Naruto (Naruke, Sasuke is seme)

But I got loads of examples of the opposite.

- Gravitation(At least for Shuki)
- Loveless(I think that Soubi's still seme despite the whole 'slave'-ish thing.)
- Rin!
- Our Kingdom(seme is half caucasian, so it's not surprising.)

And my non-canon pairing for this side of the scale:

- Bleach (Ishigo, and Ichigo is way more manly and seme-ish than Uryu.)

And looking on the post before me. Rei has light blue hair? I never really noticed... Amazing what you don't notice... And I agree on the big muscly being creepy.

As I look back on my post, it's tipping more towards the opposite, but you have to add the ones from the first post to the pro side.  

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

anime_kitty_8791

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:44 pm
i've noticed the hair thing. but it's not always like that. like in Gravitation, the blonde one (i forgot his name. i haven't seen it in like 2,3 years) is more mature and mysterious. the pink hair is more playful and kid-like.
the thing is, it's also the way their features are defined. if you actually look at them, you'll notice the calmer yet more in control one (not the cutsy one) has sharper more defined features, and they're generally taller and more hot looking. the more "girly" one has smoother features. i guess.
they're all pretty boys though. gotta love it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:55 am
yeah, like 2 of the couples in junjo romantica XD  

angelic scum

AHKyle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:21 am
colonelhavoc
Not really, I mean look at Yuki and Shuichi from Gravitation both of them have light hair.

Even better, Yuki has light hair and Shuichi has reddish hair(in the anime). Switch'd.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff